trouble downloading windowsxp.service2pk

My problem is i go to the windows update site let to site find the updates
thats critical to my computer. after the site locate the updates thats needed
and i click on the accept downloads my cursor freezes.
I recently puchased a new printer and when installing the printer i get a
message from the install CD that my computer needs to be updated with at
least service pack 2. What should i do to fix this problem? I didnt have this
problem with the last printer i purchased.

Tlioness wrote:
> My problem is i go to the windows update site let to site find the
> updates thats critical to my computer. after the site locate the
> updates thats needed and i click on the accept downloads my cursor
> freezes.
> I recently puchased a new printer and when installing the printer i
> get a message from the install CD that my computer needs to be
> updated with at least service pack 2. What should i do to fix this
> problem? I didnt have this problem with the last printer i
> purchased.

What exactly do you have now?

Start button --> RUN --> type in:
(No "RUN", press the WindowsKey+R at the same time.)
  winver
--> Click OK.

That will give you (picture at top) the full name of the operating system.
That will give you (in the text) the Service Pack you have installed.

Please reply with both the information in the Picture and the line starting
with the word "Version" - whole thing.

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit
version of the Windows operating system
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

Please check your system, based off what you learned previously - to see if
it is 32-bit or 64-bit.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
6/29/2010 10:47:20 PM
   • Which version of the Windows operating system am I running?
      http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/which-version-of-the-windows-operating-system-am-i-running

If WinXP SP2 weren't already installed, you wouldn't even be able to scan
for updates at Windows Update website.

Tlioness wrote:
> My problem is i go to the windows update site let to site find the updates
> thats critical to my computer. after the site locate the updates thats
> needed and i click on the accept downloads my cursor freezes.
> I recently puchased a new printer and when installing the printer i get a
> message from the install CD that my computer needs to be updated with at
> least service pack 2. What should i do to fix this problem? I didnt have
> this problem with the last printer i purchased.

0
PA

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

unexpected conversion trouble

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

trouble
I have been using my MS Publisher 2000 for over 3 years. Just recently I attempted to access the Publisher program and got the following message: "This application must be installed to run. Please run setup fom the location where you originally installed the application." I have done everything I know to fix this including uninstalling and reinstalling the program. I don't understand what happened overnight nor do I understand the instruction "run from the location you originally installed the program". I can not access the numerous publicaions that I have cr...

Trouble with "time" in formulas
I have a time sheet that looks something like this: A1=time...A2=time...A3=A2-A1+if(A1/24,1)...A4=if(or(A3<time(0,15,0),A3>time(4,0,0)),A3,time(4,0,0)) A1 and A2 are set up as dropdown lists and the times in the list are i increments of 15 minutes. WHat I'm trying to accomplish is (in cell A4 if A3 is between 15 minutes and 4 hours, then return 4 hours. if A3 i 0 or greater than 4 hours, return A3. If I enter enter times in A1 around 00:00 and A2 a little after 00:0 it works fine... example: A1=22:00...A2=01:00...A3=03:00...A4=04:00 A1=20:30...A2=00:15...A3=03:45...A4=04:00 A1=00...

Excel 2003/Content-Disposition:inline/File Download
Hello, We use ASP.NET. We have a page with Excel download link when clicked it is supposed to render the excel data in browser. Below is the header info we set Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Response.AppendHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline;filename=refdsxresults.xls") Even Content-Disposition is inline the FileDialog pops up asking for Open or Save which should not have happened. This was not happening with Excel 2000. Is there any new header information for excel or is this a bug with excel 2003. Thanks, Veena ...

Trouble sorting a table???
Using Excel 2002) I am relatively new to Excel and can only really perform simple functions in a basic spreadsheet. The spreadsheet I'm having trouble with is pretty basic, but I'm having trouble sorting some of the results from a table. (I'll try and explain as best as I can) I have 10 people that I'm tracking 5 different things for (dates, debts, credits, items, number of transactions, and their balance as calculated in this table by simple SUM functions) I then have another table with these same 10 people with their total balance. This is the table I'm having t...

Having trouble
I have a set of numbers, a-e. A usually equals e but can be less. B remains constant. C is the sum of A and B. C cannot exceed D. D remains constant I have tried the following formula in the box for A, but C ends up being less than D when I want it to equal D =IF(C>D,E-(C-D)) What am I doing wrong? Uhh, I'm a little slow, but; If you are putting this formula in A and it's the same "A" that is part of the "C=Sum A & B" then I think you have a circular reference. In other words, you're asking xl to resolve "A" by asking "If C> D&quo...

Print Preview troubles
When I do print preview, the information in the scratch area gets overlaid on the document, and there are text boxes where there are none in the work area. In the work area mode, the docs look correct and the stuff I have in the scratch area is OK. It is a scrambled mess. I have used "bring to front" and its' mates-no help. Using Publisher 2002 to create a 8 page booklet on 11x17 stock. I may add: this document had been working but something happened to it, most likely my fault, but I do not know what. Thanks, Jim This was a bug in 2002. Drag the objects to the top or bottom in ...

Can't find a link to download the Office 2003 Student and Teacher
Why can't I find the link to download Office 2003 Student and Teacher Ed? I have the product key but my original cd has gone missing... Help! Because the link doesn't exist. Contact the vendor from where you purchased it. "TRenee" <TRenee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0832A59-9C02-462E-8614-D61AAC37DF33@microsoft.com... : Why can't I find the link to download Office 2003 Student and Teacher Ed? I : have the product key but my original cd has gone missing... Help! How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service p...

How to do Paid-for Upgrades and Downloads
I want users of my software to be able to download a paid-for upgrade. Soon I will also want users to be able to download a limited trial version of my software and then, if they like it, pay for it to be unlocked. There are obviously a number of issues involved in this, and I need to get up-to-speed quickly. Presumably I could use a 3rd party product to handle all or part of this? But I don't know what I'd have to pay for that. Is it possible/sensible to handle the whole thing on your own and cut out the middle man? How does one go about it? I'm really looking for any...

Trial download
Hi there, Is there a usable trial download for MS CRM? Christian If you have an MSDN Subscription you can download it there with a 5 user test license. I don't believe there is any other version available. Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Christian" wrote: > Hi there, > Is there a usable trial download for MS CRM? > Christian Thanks Rob, Realized this only after I logged this:) Much appreciated! Christian "Rob Bakkers" wrote: > If you have an MSDN Subscription you can download it there with a 5 user test > license. I don't believe there is...

Trouble with a domain with a
I'm trying to send email to the domain PCM-LWV.COM and I keep getting this NDR: The message could not be delivered because the recipient's destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address and try again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to the email system of the recipient. < ylpvm25.prodigy.net #5.1.2> Everything seems fine with our exchange 2003 server otherwise. We are receiving email from this domain, and when we reply we get this NDR. We can send email to any other domain.. is it the - in the domain name?? I tes...

Money2004 Duplicate Check Numbers download
This is Money 2004. When I download my transactions from the bank all of my transactions come down with check numbers even if they are not checks. For example, if I bring down check number 345 then the next few transactions which are debits will also come down as 345. They should come down with no check number. I checked on the bank website and they don't have numbers there but when they hit msmoney, the number appears. Is there some change I need to make to not assign a number when the transaction hits money? Chas. ccoe@comcast.net ...

CDHTLMDialog troubles
Hi I'm justing to use the CDHTMLDialog with the following code IHTMLElement* pLinkElement = NULL; if (GetElement(_T("ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_tb1"), &pLinkElement) == S_OK && pLinkElement != NULL) { BSTR current; pLinkElement->get_innerText(&current); pLinkElement->get_id(&current); CString tt=_T("Hello from Callidus DHTML"); BSTR bstr=tt.AllocSysString(); pLinkElement->put_innerText(bstr); pLinkElement->Release(); // Thanks Heath } Sorry I posted too soon :) ----------------------------------------- I'm just ...

Transaction download -- manual overload would be nice!
I'm not sure exactly how it happened (maybe because I had to make changes on a credit card account that had to be closed and re-opened with a new number, or maybe something to do with a random runtime error I've gotten a couple of times), but Money 2006 had apparently decided that a month's worth of transactions (about 65 items) had already been downloaded, and it wasn't going to accept them, even though they weren't in the register. They're all in an ofx file that I downloaded, but all my efforts to get them from file into account failed. Even a half hour or so p...

Having trouble connecting to Hotmail?
Add your comments here! Maybe someone at MS will see them and actually DO something. ____________________ Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate 32 bit........ I have a paid hotmail account that I have been happily using for 2 years now. I always check it via outlook (2003 and 2007). In 2007, for about the past 45 days, I would get intermittent dialog boxes asking me to confirm my password. I would, and I would select remember this password and things would continue - until about 3 days ago. Then the dialog boxes would not go away in Outlook 2007. It constantly asked me for my password and wo...

Link for downloads???
Everything seems to have changed on Microsofts pages and now it seems almost impossible to find anything. Does anyone have a link to the hotfix and service pack for RMS? I can't find it and do have a service plan.... It appears they have changed the pages to invalid links or the server(s) are down. The same problem happens on both customer and partner source. I sent an e-mail to report the issue. Maybe they will have it corrected tomorrow. "Pete" wrote: > Everything seems to have changed on Microsofts pages and now it seems almost > impossible to find anything. Do...

autocad electrical 2010 autodesk full download crack torrent nN?=&FoyD#
We can crack or emulate any protection type: Dongle, Hardlock, Hasp, Serial, Password, Hasp4, Flexlm, Sentinel, Wibu, Eutron Smartkey, Hasphl, Proteq, All the Protections!! email = yshowsoft@gmail.com email = yshowsoft at gmail.com NEW UPDATES 2010 Artpro 9.5r4 with license (minimal of 2 license) Oris Press Matcher fiery impose Fiery Color Profiler 2 Preps 6.0r3 Dynagram Dynastrip v6.0.1 Dynagram inpO2 Artpro 9.0r8 (all modules included) Esko Visualizer 7.5.5 Esko Softwares Suite V7.5 PC/Mac Trueflow SE6.0.1 with SPM fully crack Heidelberg SignaStation v4.5.10.91...

Trouble sending word document to PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am trying to send word documents to a PC and it opens as a zip drive for the PC and is unreadable. I am using Microsoft word for mac and saving the file as a: Word Document (.docx). What can I do to make the file compatible? The problem is the system and/or the user at the other end. It could be either of several things but without knowing what their software version is or how it's being delivered it's hard to say exactly what they're doing wrong. The OXML (.docx) file is basically a zipped form...

PInk Sheet Download
I recently upgraded to M2004P (US). Since then, I have 2 stocks that trade on the Pink Sheets (COSWF and EYGSF) in which the prices won't update with my download. MSN Money recognizes the symbols; they are on my list to download; what could be wrong? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, L Cramer wrote: >I recently upgraded to M2004P (US). Since then, I have 2 stocks that trade >on the Pink Sheets (COSWF and EYGSF) in which the prices won't update with >my download. MSN Money recognizes the symbols; they are on my list to >download; what could be wrong? Thanks...