symbols changed after update

Last week, after the automatic Windows updates (I have Windows XP Pro), some
symbols I have used in Word and Excel started printing incorrectly. In
particular, the small Greek delta symbol (haven't checked others yet). It
displays okay onscreen in Excel, but prints differently. In Word, it shows
correctly in the box you use to select the symbol to insert, but comes out as
an arrow in the document. Seems very random

Anyone know what went wrong there and/or how to fix it? I use several Greek
symbols all the time and am already frustrated that I may have to change
numerous templates and macros I've set up.
--
alisonwp

An update on this problem... It appears that the delta symbol is okay except
when you use the shrink to fit settings in print preview mode (Excel). This
is the most bizarre erratic error I've seen in Word-Excel. But only started
after the latest Windows automatic update.

Anyone?
--
alisonwp

"alisonwp" wrote:

> Last week, after the automatic Windows updates (I have Windows XP Pro), some
> symbols I have used in Word and Excel started printing incorrectly. In
> particular, the small Greek delta symbol (haven't checked others yet). It
> displays okay onscreen in Excel, but prints differently. In Word, it shows
> correctly in the box you use to select the symbol to insert, but comes out as
> an arrow in the document. Seems very random
>
> Anyone know what went wrong there and/or how to fix it? I use several Greek
> symbols all the time and am already frustrated that I may have to change
> numerous templates and macros I've set up.
> --
> alisonwp

Change the quantity
Hi All, I'm just trying to change quantity of selected item on POS I tried fallowing: Set Entry = QSRules.Transaction.Entries(QSRules.Transaction.CurrentEntryKey) Entry.Quantity = 5 //Not working because its only value to read As QSRules.Transaction.Entries.Add , adding the item, I presume that there should be something like QSRules.Transaction.Entries.SetQuantity but I can't find anything. Would you help. Thanks, Arthur ...

Modify date being changed on spreadsheets at time of open
Several users (except myself) are experiencing their spreadsheet's modify date being changed at the time they open a spreadsheet. Even if they immediately close the spreadsheet without making any changes, they modify date on that spreadsheet is changed - I checked all the users and found the AutoSave add-on was not enabled. Is there some kind of background save going on, and how do I disable it? Hi J Shrimps! This is probably because of the use of volatile functions which get recalculated whenever Excel opens the workbook. Volatile functions can be an annoyance or a blessing. Volatil...

gal not updating on clients
hi there, i hav updated my company employees contact number on active directory which is working with exchange 2003 (integrated mode) but the microsoft outlook clients r not being updated... is there anyway i can forcefully update gal on clients. regards ANWAR ADIL CCNA , MCP On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 14:30:43 +0500, "ANWAR ADIL" <anwar@innovativetechpk.com> wrote: >hi there, > i hav updated my company employees contact number on active >directory which is working with exchange 2003 (integrated mode) but the >microsoft outlook clients r ...

Putting symbols automatically
I have a spreadsheet I created with a thousands of number codes. Now I need to put "* to the beginning and *" to end of the code. How can I do this? i.e. 123-23 to "*123-23*" Please help. Thank you. Maybe a helper column: ="*" & a1 & "*" And drag down. Ted S wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet I created with a thousands of number codes. Now I need > to put "* to the beginning and *" to end of the code. How can I do this? > > i.e. > 123-23 to "*123-23*" > > Please help. > > Thank yo...

Updates for Office 2000?
I just installed Office 2000 on an XP Pro desktop from the ancient, ancient CDs. MS Updates is the ultimate Snake-Pit/HellHole. What updates for O2k do I need? SP3? Anything else?? Thx, P "Law Without Equity Is No Law At All. It Is A Form Of Jungle Rule." Hello Puddin' Man, I can do it for you. Please reply if you want it. Regards Andrej > > I just installed Office 2000 on an XP Pro desktop from the ancient, ancient > > MS Updates is the ultimate Snake-Pit/HellHole. What updates for O2k do I > need? SP3? Anything else?? > > Thx, > P &...

How to change Dialog Title bar....
Hi Could anybody please tell me about how change Dialog Title bar from "left to right right" to "right to left"? Is there any coding mechnism.... One can change it from Dilog properties by setting dialog style option "Right to left", but i dont want to use it, because my all other controls alightment would disturbed. Could anybody please tell me about this problem... Mujtaba You could catch the WM_NCPAINT message and draw the titlebar yourself. This might come in handy http://www.codeproject.com/wtl/titlebar.asp AliR. "Mujtaba" <tomujtaba@hotm...

changing column width
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC column marker can not be changed. the ruler marker is only solid blue and does not have the square of dots on it. This is not in a table only in page layout. Any ideas. Haven't a clue what you're talking about: I can't help you unless you describe your situation in full detail. On 17/05/10 3:55 PM, in article 59bb894e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "varre@officeformac.com" <varre@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Po...

Change IP address in Excel Sheet for SQL sever
We have change the IP address of our SQL Sever from 192.168.0.xxx to 192.168.0.4. This results in big problems as all our Excel Sheets with Pivots and SQL Queries in the have stopped working. Cause is that instead of using name we have used IP address in our ODBC set-up so the Excel file has the IP insted of the name of the SQL server. Now, one way to solve this is to save every sheet as XML and then change the adress, then import it and save it as an xls file again - losing graphs etc. Is there anyone that have an alternate solution to this problem and I will be eternaly greatful -...

Change Account Structure
I am setting up a development environment to emulate our production environment (sounds backwards, but a 3rd party vendor used to maintain the system for us and we're doing it in-house now). After installing Dynamics on our dev server, and setting up a couple of companies, we wanted to use the SQL production backup for the company data. However, the account structure used in setting up the system was 12 chars, 4-4-4, and the company data has a different format. I updated the data in the Dynamics database in the SY003001 and SY00302 table, but now cannot log into the system. Is t...

Debug symbols
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C4239F.44908270 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I get a lot of messages such as=20 Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\ole32.dll', no matching symbolic information = found. Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\oleaut32.dll', no matching symbolic = information found. When I run my application in Debug mode. I read that I may need to = update my Debug files & I downloaded ( all 173MB of it) the symbols from = Microsoft and installed into the WINNT\Sym...

Manufacturing Engineering Change Management
I have been adding Items to an ECN using the Items Affected by change window. These items do not seem to generate warnings when ECN is updating nor appear in Item History window for ECN's. Is this expected behavior? ...

Symbols on the keyboard are not the symbols on the screen....
When I'm in Excel I must be hitting a key combination that creates havoc for me. Everything will be working fine and out of nowhere when I try to choose a symbol using the Shift + any number key....I get some wierd symbol instead of the symbol on the keyboard. In order to stop this I have to close out of Excel completely and come back in and it's fine. Is there Any way I could undo what I did without closing Excel? AND Do you know what I did to cause it to do that? Hi Lisha I had the same problem because I use two different language "French & English"...

I.E.Updates
How do I stop Auto Updates for I.E.? J. Windows version? IE version? Why do you ask? JFN wrote: > How do I stop Auto Updates for I.E.? I.E. version; - because the last update has seized up my system! - associated I think with D.E.P. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OTn80DhoKHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Windows version? IE version? Why do you ask? > > JFN wrote: >> How do I stop Auto Updates for I.E.? You cannot selectively stop "Auto Updates" for IE" automatically. Hav...

excel graph is only showing numbers not words-how do I change?
I have a chart that has a part number for the x axis. The chart area then shows the quantity of scrap and the next line shows reason for non-conformance. This chart will not recognize the reason for the non-confrormance. This is indicating "0" for them. How do I get them to indicate the actual words? ...

"The item could not be saved because it has been changed by anothe
Hi, I am new to this. I have a questions. When I am drafting an email in Outlook a yes/no box comes up and it says: "The item could not be saved because it has been changed by another user or in another window. do you want to make a copy in the default folder for the item?". I can not re generate this message. It pops up every now and then. Sometimes I start to write an email and lock the screen and when unlocking the screen it is there. Sometimes it shows up when I am writing an email. It is strange since there is no other user then me on the computer. The computer is conn to the...

Saving a document with Symbol Font
I have the following scenario. I create a document and type the following sentence: "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog." I then highlight the sentence and change the font to Symbol (Wingdings and Webdings show the same behavior). I then save the document as a .docx file. I close Word. I then reopen the document and the text looks the same as it did when I saved it. I then highlight the text and change the font back to Calibiri, but instead of getting my original sentence, I get a whole long block of  symbols. I can copy and paste this sentence into W...

Money 2005
Unlike previous versions, Money 2005 seems to update stock prices every time I load the software. I prefer to update my stock prices manually every week. Is there a way to STOP the automatic updates, and have it done manually???? Apparently Microsoft thought most users preferred it this way. "enrogue" <enrogue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90CB4D24-7AF3-4ABA-840A-CA5EB4045AD5@microsoft.com... > Unlike previous versions, Money 2005 seems to update stock prices every > time > I load the software. I prefer to update my stock prices manually every ...

Symbol font with standard computer symbols
Can anyone recommend a symbol font that contains all of the standard computer symbols like the On/Off symbol (circle with little stick at the top), USB port, LAN symbol, etc? ...

Change worksheet tab colors
Is it possible to change the tab colors for different worksheets? I saw a posting but couldn't read the answers because they were posted in 2004. Any help is appreciated! Rita Palazzi Senior Engineer / Global Trade Services FedEx Express In Excel 2002 or later, right-click the tab, and there should be an option there. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Rita Palazzi" <rmpalazzi@fedex.com> wrote in message news:On9XWBElFHA.3552@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to change the tab colors for different worksheets? I saw &...

How to retrieve the yahoo symbols into excel?
There is a list of stock constituents from yahoo, I would like to retrieve each stock symbol into excel, but I need to manual do it one at a time by copying its link into excel. http://in.finance.yahoo.com/q/cp?s=%5EAORD Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve the yahoo symbols into excel? Thanks in advance of any suggestions Eric the download data link doesn't help? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0273A971-EBDA-463A-B457-D6E56C5CCCE0@microsoft.com... > There is a list of...

Mass update of fixed allocation distribution %'s
Is there a way to mass update the fixed allocation distributions in more than one fixed allocation account? ...

need some SQL Update Help
I have a Access 2000 db and I have these 2 tables. ArchInvoices --------------- InvoiceID - Primary Key - Autonumber InvoiceNumber - long SaleType - char(1) TransactionDate - DateTime Discount - Integer WholesaleFlag - Boolean PaymentMethod - Char(6) CustPONumber - Char(30) ShortName - Char(30) MdCountCode - char(2) TaxFreeID - char(30) Paid - Boolean FestInvoiceNumber - long The second Table is: ArchLineItems --------------- TransactionType - char(1) Units - integer UnitCost - Double BottleSize - Double LineItemId - PrimaryKey - Autonumber InvoiceNumber - Long - Foreign Key Field from Arc...

Delete stock symbol or reuse stock symbol
I deleted a stock from my brokerage account and later ried to re-enter but it states that symbol, "FASMX", is already in use. Also I entered a stock with the symbol "CE" and later that day tried to enter more of that stock but it also stated I could not use that symbol because it was already in use. Any Advice? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Stan wrote: >I deleted a stock from my brokerage account and later ried >to re-enter but it states that symbol, "FASMX", is already >in use. The next time you "delete" a stock, blank the sym...

When cutting/pasting the font changes.

Update files from Money 2006 to Money Plus
I´ve just using Money plus, When the file update ends, Money plus begin to "looking for coming Bills" and after this the process never ending, I´m meaning I´m not able to wath the file opens finally. My Money Plus gets into a crash. To try prevent this I´ve used a Repair file command in Money 2006 previously, but didint work Have you tried a standard repair file utility? Follow the steps on this link www.support.microsoft.com/kb/902466 Also run three quick file repairs under File, repair money file. Also if you could specify what happens when the program c...