sp3 install fails with error code 0x800710D9(unable to read from o

HP pavillion A1430N
Xp version 5.1.2600 sp2 build 2600 X86 based
AMD Athlon 64xdual
Install goes well until right after a restore point is set. Get "unable to
read from or write to database"Does anyone haave any ideas?-
Thanks,-
gship

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915169
is applicable to SP3

http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron/archive/2008/05/08/windows-xp-sp3-read-all-prerequisites-for-a-successful-installation.aspx
-=-
02/09/1004:59:13 pm

"gship" wrote:

> HP pavillion A1430N
> Xp version 5.1.2600 sp2 build 2600 X86 based
> AMD Athlon 64xdual
> Install goes well until right after a restore point is set. Get "unable to
> read from or write to database"Does anyone haave any ideas?-
> Thanks,-
> gship
Why wasn't WinXP SP3 installed over a year ago?

What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications running
in the background when you installed SP3?

it)?

gship wrote:
> HP pavillion A1430N
> Xp version 5.1.2600 sp2 build 2600 X86 based
> AMD Athlon 64xdual
> Install goes well until right after a restore point is set. Get "unable to
> read from or write to database"Does anyone haave any ideas?-
> Thanks,-
> gship

0
PA
2/10/2010 3:40:23 AM
I had a bad virus and had to resort to system recovery. I have been updating
since then, and have done fine till I tried to install sp3.
I am running McAfee, Super Antispyware, and Malwarebytes, but have tried
disabling all and installing sp3 and get the same result.
--
gship

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Why wasn't WinXP SP3 installed over a year ago?

> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
> What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications running
> in the background when you installed SP3?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> it)?
>

> gship wrote:
> > HP pavillion A1430N
> > Xp version 5.1.2600 sp2 build 2600 X86 based
> > AMD Athlon 64xdual
> > Install goes well until right after a restore point is set. Get "unable to
> > read from or write to database"Does anyone haave any ideas?-
> > Thanks,-
> > gship
>
> .

Had IE7 or IE8 been installed before you did the "system recovery"?

Was the "system recovery" a Repair Install or did you format the HDD & then
do clean install?

[If all of your data (e.g., the contents of My Documents folder) and
third-party application (e.g., S*PERAntiSpyware) were preserved, you did a
Repair Install.]

Did a McAfee or Norton free trial come preinstalled on the computer when you
bought it?

gship wrote:
> I had a bad virus and had to resort to system recovery. I have been
> updating
> since then, and have done fine till I tried to install sp3.
> I am running McAfee, Super Antispyware, and Malwarebytes, but have tried
> disabling all and installing sp3 and get the same result.
>
>> Why wasn't WinXP SP3 installed over a year ago?

>> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these
>> applications running in the background when you installed SP3?

>> bought
>> it)?
>>

>> gship wrote:
>>> HP pavillion A1430N
>>> Xp version 5.1.2600 sp2 build 2600 X86 based
>>> AMD Athlon 64xdual
>>> Install goes well until right after a restore point is set. Get "unable
>>> read from or write to database"Does anyone haave any ideas?-
>>> Thanks,-
>>> gship
>>
>> .

0
PA
2/10/2010 7:44:33 AM
IE8 had been installed before the Repair Install. All of My Documents, ect.
were preserved, but not all third party applications were. As I recall, a
Norton trial version originally came with the computer as well as Webroot Spy
Sweeper and Trend Antivirus, but I uninstalled them a couple of years ago.
--
gship

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Had IE7 or IE8 been installed before you did the "system recovery"?
>
> Was the "system recovery" a Repair Install or did you format the HDD & then
> do clean install?
>
> [If all of your data (e.g., the contents of My Documents folder) and
> third-party application (e.g., S*PERAntiSpyware) were preserved, you did a
> Repair Install.]
>
> Did a McAfee or Norton free trial come preinstalled on the computer when you
> bought it?
>

> gship wrote:
> > I had a bad virus and had to resort to system recovery. I have been
> > updating
> > since then, and have done fine till I tried to install sp3.
> > I am running McAfee, Super Antispyware, and Malwarebytes, but have tried
> > disabling all and installing sp3 and get the same result.
> >
> >> Why wasn't WinXP SP3 installed over a year ago?
> >>
> >> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> >> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
> >> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these
> >> applications running in the background when you installed SP3?
> >>
> >> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
> >> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> >> bought
> >> it)?

> >> .
>
> .

See...

How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if a later version of
Internet Explorer is installed
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964

Your *only* recourse now is to back-up your data, format the HDD & then do a
clean install of WinXP.  Details available on request.

gship wrote:
> IE8 had been installed before the Repair Install. All of My Documents,
> ect.
> were preserved, but not all third party applications were. As I recall, a
> Norton trial version originally came with the computer as well as Webroot
> Spy Sweeper and Trend Antivirus, but I uninstalled them a couple of years
> ago.
>
>> Had IE7 or IE8 been installed before you did the "system recovery"?
>>
>> Was the "system recovery" a Repair Install or did you format the HDD &
>> then
>> do clean install?
>>
>> [If all of your data (e.g., the contents of My Documents folder) and
>> third-party application (e.g., S*PERAntiSpyware) were preserved, you did
>> Repair Install.]
>>
>> Did a McAfee or Norton free trial come preinstalled on the computer when
>> you bought it?
>>

>> gship wrote:
>>> I had a bad virus and had to resort to system recovery. I have been
>>> updating
>>> since then, and have done fine till I tried to install sp3.
>>> I am running McAfee, Super Antispyware, and Malwarebytes, but have tried
>>> disabling all and installing sp3 and get the same result.

>> .

0
PA
2/11/2010 12:09:04 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it went when I get finished!
--
gship

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> See...
>
> How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if a later version of
> Internet Explorer is installed
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964
>
> Your *only* recourse now is to back-up your data, format the HDD & then do a
> clean install of WinXP.  Details available on request.
>

> gship wrote:
> > IE8 had been installed before the Repair Install. All of My Documents,
> > ect.
> > were preserved, but not all third party applications were. As I recall, a
> > Norton trial version originally came with the computer as well as Webroot
> > Spy Sweeper and Trend Antivirus, but I uninstalled them a couple of years
> > ago.
> >
> >> Had IE7 or IE8 been installed before you did the "system recovery"?
> >>
> >> Was the "system recovery" a Repair Install or did you format the HDD &
> >> then
> >> do clean install?
> >>
> >> [If all of your data (e.g., the contents of My Documents folder) and
> >> third-party application (e.g., S*PERAntiSpyware) were preserved, you did
> >> Repair Install.]
> >>
> >> Did a McAfee or Norton free trial come preinstalled on the computer when
> >> you bought it?

> >> .
>
> .

My thanks to Pa Bear. All went well and my problem is solved! You rock!!!
--
gship

"gship" wrote:

> Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it went when I get finished!
> --
> gship
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > See...
> >
> > How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if a later version of
> > Internet Explorer is installed
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964
> >
> > Your *only* recourse now is to back-up your data, format the HDD & then do a
> > clean install of WinXP.  Details available on request.
> >

> > gship wrote:
> > > IE8 had been installed before the Repair Install. All of My Documents,
> > > ect.
> > > were preserved, but not all third party applications were. As I recall, a
> > > Norton trial version originally came with the computer as well as Webroot
> > > Spy Sweeper and Trend Antivirus, but I uninstalled them a couple of years
> > > ago.

> > .

YW & thanks for your feedback.

gship wrote:
> My thanks to Pa Bear. All went well and my problem is solved! You rock!!!
>
>> Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it went when I get finished!
>> --
>> gship
>>

>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> See...
>>>
>>> How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if a later version of
>>> Internet Explorer is installed
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964
>>>
>>> Your *only* recourse now is to back-up your data, format the HDD & then
>>> do a clean install of WinXP.  Details available on request.

>>> .

0
PA

error #3
cant send emails from my outlook, dont know what im doing wrong... "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying mail is not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 " ...

Moved Mailboxes
Exchange 2003 Standard \ Server 2003 \ 2003AD native/native \ Outlook 2003 OK, here we go. While working on a test environment I built a new Exchange server and moved the user's mailboxes over. I dropped the original Exchange server and rebuilt it as something else. Everything seems to work, but when you hit send/receive in Outlook it reports an error message of 0x8004010f. My guess is that I was supposed to do alot more work before dropping the original server. Probably something like move the public store (which didn't have anything in it anyway) and the address lists somehow....

cannot install document image writer on windows 7 64 bit from offi
several times i tried to go through the steps to update my microsoft office suite 2007 to allow me to use document image writer with no success. the process i took was: 1. Close all running applications. If you have any Office application running, the driver will not be installed properly. 2. Go to "Control Panel" and "Add or Remove Programs". 3. Click on "Microsoft Office 2003" and then click on "Change". 4. Check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next". 5. On the bottom of the page check "C...

Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps ,
Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919ATgmail.com=20 Thanks=20 Kris=20 Reply =BB Are you refering to this? CRM 3.0 90 Days trial http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d418781-69ad-422d-92fa-87fdb2538e2c&DisplayLang=en <krishna.919@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150431561.738912.313120@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919ATgmail.com Thanks Kris Reply � ...

Error Opening .pptx in PowerpointViewer
Hello, I can't open .pptx in Powerponitviewer created in Office 2007 The error: "The converter failed to save the file." (In my win7 embedded system created by windows embedded standard 7) I tried installing & reinstalling Powerpointviewer and the File Format Converter from Microsoft and all possible updates from Microsoft. As the same problem, have the similar error in Excleviewer(The converter failed to save the file) and WordViewer(There was an error opening the file). I don't konw the reason. Can you help me. > I can't open .pptx in Pow...

Re-installation
I had been a user of Quicken for ten years and decided to try MS-Money. I downloaded the 2004 deluxe trial version and was very pleased with the product so I licensed the trial version through the MS site. I now would like to change the computer that I use for running this program. Since I never really had a full installation version, how do I re-install this program? I installed the trial version on the new computer and then did a backup restore from my MS-Money backup file. This just made the 60-day trial version expire. I have the Microsoft Money 2004 Activation Key # that was gi...

Office XP Pro (2002)
Running Office XP Professional - Installed SP3 Two machines updated - OS's Win XP and Win 2000 - both have same problem. Tested when installing on second machine file was readable via attachment prior to SP3. Could be Outlook or Word. E-mailed word attachment. Users using older version of Outlook/Word or Outlook/Word XP SP2 can open file. User using Outlook/Word XP SP3 receive the following error message... Microsoft Word The document name or path is not valid. Try one of the following: *Check the path to make sure it was typed correctly. *On the File menu, click Open, Search for ...

Firefox in Code
I up dated web page and published Internet Explore is fine Mozilla Firefox is in code. What is wrong how do I repair. What is the link to your site? How can we advice you without seeing what is wrong with it. "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8B8A74D-4222-4E5F-B92A-F950C152CD90@microsoft.com... >I up dated web page and published Internet Explore is fine Mozilla Firefox >is > in code. What is wrong how do I repair. ...

Error -3253
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: Exchange Our server recently crashed over the weekend, and ever since then, I can send emails, but not emails with attachments. I keep getting the error code &quot;-3253&quot;. How does this get corrected? What is wrong? On 3/16/10 11:44 AM, Sarah_K@officeformac.com wrote: > Our server recently crashed over the weekend, and ever since then, I can > send emails, but not emails with attachments. I keep getting the error > code "-3253". How does this get corrected? What is wrong? Thi...

error 0x8de00006 "The Operation Failed" when trying to send mail
When I try to send an e-mail with a picture, I get the message error 0x8DE00006 "The Operation Failed". I don't have problems with other e-mails or forwarding items Outlook 07 , 98 , 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, ????????????? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "tedo" <tedo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3B0545B-456A-4CED-8635-A973D4DFF4CD@microsoft.com... > When I try to send an e-mail with a picture, I get the message error...

Publisher read/write error message
I get this error message in publisher on only one of about 90 computers on campus. "The disk you are trying to save to is write-protected. Make the disk read/write or use a different disk" I am trying to save to a novell server (p4-2.8GHz 1GBram dual 120GB sata raid), running netware 5.1 from a WinXP box (p4 2.3GHz 512MBram 80GB), and the drive is not write- protected!! I re-installed Publisher, and XP, with no luck!?!? Any other computer on campus works fine. PLEASE HELP Publisher is not network friendly and all Publisher files *MUST* be saved on the local hard drive. &g...

CRM 3.0 LaptopClient installation won't find Outllook 2007
Hi all, I tried to install the LaptopClients of my CRM 3.0 on my WinXP SP2 with Office 2007 machine. The installations stops, by saying me: "Es konnte nicht ermittelt werden, ob eine unterst�tzte Version von Microsoft Outlook installiert ist. Weitere Informationen finden Sie in der Protokolldatei 'C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\" which means basicly, "...couldn't figure out, if an supported Version of Outlook is installed". On the other hand, when I Start Outlook at the same time it says me at the same time "...please close Outlook for installation"...

post SP3 problem
Since I installed sp3 for office XP and I am running into error. Mostly that outlook "think there another program is trying to access e-mail addresses I have stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this" when I try to open an e-mail or respond to an e-mail. Any idea. Thanks, See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems, particularly the instructions for removing the PDFMaker COM add-in frm Outlook. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode...

Install screen when sending emails
I have a user who gets an MS Office installation popup when trying to send messages or reply. I don't have a CD to use to let it install whatever components it's trying to install. Anyone know why this would popup when everything appears to be working just fine otherwise? Where is the CD? Is this a network installation? If it is asking for the CD, you must insert it when required. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head...

CWinApp::OnFileNew Fails
Hello, I having trouble with opening a file using standart MFC file based document command: ON_COMMAND(ID_FILE_OPEN, CWinApp::OnFileOpen but I receive following error, when opening any file "Debug Assertion Failed" Program.. File: wincore.cpp Line 626 I haven't added any code to the document class implementation yet. I'm kind of new to MFC and need to know how what happens when the new document is loaded? How can I works with loaded file contents and what could be the reason for this error? Any kind of help appreciated. Thanks for your time. -- Best Regads Poul S....

Problems With XP SP3?
Hi, I recently installed windows XP SP3. When I open money I don't get any response. Task manager shows it is running. I used the same install file and key on another XP system as a test, and it worked fine. Are there any known issues with SP3 and Money? The software was purchased from microsoft. The install file name is Money_Plus_Deluxe_win32_English_Online-US_Only_Dwnld.exe I just installed Win XP with SP3, and then installed and ran Money Plus with no issues. I probably did it differently than you, I did not install SP3 on top of SP2, I did a clean XP install, and the install CD ...

327/1032 errors on offline backup restart after moving server disks to another identical server...
Hello, We physically moved the disks from one NT4/Ex5.5 server to another one. Both source and target servers are identical at hardware-level. All that changed was IP address. The drive letters haven't changed. Exchange started without any problems. However, after each off-line backups, the IS fails to start and gives the following error on the PUB.EDB database : "(327) unable to read header of the database. Error 1032 the database may have been moved. Recovery will continue with the database in the new location." If we manually start the IS service, it replays some logfiles ...

When installing Outlook, what is the Microsoft Exchange Server?
Contact your corporate IT support staff for this info. (If you are a home user setting up Outlook to work with your ISP, then odds are great they don't use Exchange. ISPs tend to use POP3 (or IMAP).) "madchan3249" <madchan3249@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8AA47AE-26B7-4B23-8593-2AC9266A85DC@microsoft.com... > madchan3249 <madchan3249@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> If you don't know what Exchange is, then chances are you shouldn't be setting that type of account. Use Control Panel>Mail>E-mail Accoun...

MobileAdmin error. Please assist
I am trying get exchange activesync working but nothing seems to be working. I think the network may be too secure to use it but wanted some assistance. First, our setup is one that is hidden from outside like most companies. We use RSA Secureid to access via vpn so we have tokens. They change every minute but once connected your connected... until you disconnect or loose connection. I am not sure how this will work with GPRS. OWA brings you to a page that you first have to authenticate to the RSA RADIUS server and then your taken to OWA. Server Error in '/MobileAdmin' App...

Installing the Device Driver SDK
I am not able to install the Driver Kit. It errors out almost immediately with Error installing Device Simulation Framework Development Environment" I am running Windows Professional with Service Pack 3 and the latest .Net framework (3.5). I was wondering if someone could help me track down the cause of the failed installation. Where can I look in the log file or somewhere else to see what the cause is? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. I assume that is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3? First question is do you want the device simulation framework, t...

Excel 2002 SP3: In Open Dialog, Some File Names Appear in Blue
Can anyone tell me why some filenames appear in blue instead of black? I don't think I've ever seen this before today. Thanks! Hi Gloria The file is Compressed then -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Gloria" <Gloria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:459C33F1-701E-4DD7-B009-8083B4DB0966@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me why some filenames appear in blue instead of black? I > don't think I've ever seen this before today. Thanks! Sorry to have bothered you with that one. I just found out that someone compres...

Installing latest versions of Office
I have run the Office X 10.1.2 and Office X 10.1.4 updaters and received an acknowledgment that the upgarde has been successful. However About Word (and all the other Office modules) still states that the current version is Service Release 1. Why is this so? Do I have to reinstall Office and then run the updaters? OK but I have the same result. The version installed shows 10.1.1 not 10.1.4. Diane Ross <dross@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<BB6933D5.5BAC3%dross@mvps.org>... > On 8/19/03 10:15 PM, in article > c630b48c.0308192115.99a7875@posting.google.com, "Maurie&qu...

need a line of code to commit the new record to the table
I'm working on a form that has a button leading the user to a related form, and I get an error if somebody begins a new record on the parent form, then clicks the link to go to the child form *before* the new record has been committed to the table (before data entry is complete, i.e. when the pencil is still visible in the record selector area). What's the command to "finish" the record? If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If -- Rick B "Joe Clark" <joeclark77@gmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Code to save Word-document do not work properly
I have this code: Sub Flet() Dim Wdapp As Object Dim Navn As String On Error Resume Next Set Wdapp = GetObject(, "Word.application") If Err.Number <> 0 Then Set Wdapp = CreateObject("Word.Application") End If For Each c In Range("A2:A200") Wdapp.Documents.Add "flet.dot" If c.Value = "" Then Exit For Else Navn = c.Value .... A lot of code for replacing bookmarks Navn = Navn & " " & Date & &qu...

550 5.7.1 error
Can someone tell me what can I do to fix the following error? > -----Original Message----- > From: System Administrator > Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:53 PM > To: 'firstname.lastname@domain.com' > Subject: Undeliverable: test > > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > > Subject: test > Sent: 6/30/2005 1:53 PM > > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > 'firstname.lastname@domain.com' on 6/30/2005 1:53 PM > The recipient name is not recognized > The MTS...