SOLVED: Update 969947 may prohibit establishment of an RDP session on Windows XP

As noted in this forum in the thread "WARNING: Update 969947 may prohibit
establishment of an RDP session on Windows XP" from 11/10/2009, Windows XP
may freeze during login in an RDP session.  Some users noted that there is a
Known Issue (as described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969947)
involving the ATI Radeon HD 2400 series video adapter.  However, the test
system on which I had this problem has an nVidia GeForce 7050/ nVidia nForce
610i integrated on a Biostar GF7050V-M7 motherboard.  However, it's video
driver was not the latest.

Taking a cue from the problem with the ATI hardware, I removed the nVidia
video driver, rebooted, and installed the newest driver available from the
nVidia site (v191.07).  That solved the problem with the 969947 update.  I
can now log in via RDP normally.

I guess you could say that this issue is now "Known", too.

David Dickinson

0
David

Solving an equation in a cell
I have an excel spreadsheet that has a list of numbers that are 55% of a total that is unknown. Is there a way I can create a formula to figure out the total in a cell? Example: 26 - 55% of total My equation is: ..55 * x = 26 I need to solve for x. Is there a way to solve this in a cell? Answered in Worksheet forum. Please don't multipost. -- Andy. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b62501c43773$454dcd70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have an excel spreadsheet that has a list of numbers > that are 55% of a total that is unkn...

Excel 2003 Slowness problem in Windows XP
Dear expert, I wish to get your help to solve the problem happened in our organization. A group of users who are heavy user of Excel, complaint that after computer upgraded to Windows XP SP1 (Pentium 4, 256MB Ram) and Office 2003 STD SP1, excel file tend to be slower when the computer running Winnt, office 97. After study and find out not all the excel file opening are slow in their PC. These most frequently access excel files that causing slowness are either too many formula, macro enable or too many sheet. File side about 2MB-4MB. I have advised them to reduce number of sheet, form...

Problem solved
Hello, at first I want to thank you for the answers. I mentioned in my first posting that I need something like a redirection of messages to another class. I found the solution and made it like this: I call SetWindowLong with the handle to the window that normally receives the messages and gave another fn (a replacement) for the WindowProc (which is located in the other class) to the routine. m_pWndProcOld = (WNDPROC)::SetWindowLong(CCaptionButton::m_hWndCap , GWL_WNDPROC, (DWORD)CCaptionButton::HookedWindowProc) -- regards Thomas cobuser at gmx dot de cobuser at aol dot com --- XCr...

Is office 2003 compatible with windows 7 professional 32 bit?
Hi every body I was wondering whether office 2003 is compatible with windows 7 professional 32 bit or not? Cheers Al Yes Al wrote: > Hi every body > > I was wondering whether office 2003 is compatible with windows 7 > professional 32 bit or not? > > Cheers > Al Yes it is -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:179EE989-334A-41D5-9D5F-2247F6A8EB67@microsoft.com... &g...

Office 2004 update failure
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I have a Mac iBook G4 with a recently installed OS 10.5.2 (i.e., Leopard). During the last month or so, when I've been prompted to update my Microsoft Office 2004 by my OS, the update seems to download nicely, but when the installation process commences, I receive the following message: "The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See the Read Me file included with this installer to determine if your software meets the requirements for this update." Assuming my system ...

How to know if a window is shown (not hidden)?
Hi, To know if a window is shown (i.e. not hidden), should I use SW_SHOWNORMAL like the code below, or SW_SHOW? Besides, do I also need to check SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED and SW_SHOWMINIMIZED too? WINDOWPLACEMENT placement; pWnd->GetWindowPlacement(&placement); if (placement.showCmd == SW_SHOWNORMAL) { ... } Thanks for any help. Regards. Tony Take a look at the IsWindowVisible() ( or CWnd::IsWindowVisible() MFC member function ) API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in messa...

Outlook XP Contacts to OE6
Hi All, Quick enquiry... I need to export my Outlook contacts to my OE6 address book but it is proving to be a bit of a problem. When I try and get Outlook to export the contacts as a CSV file it tries to install the translator but it keeps coming up with an error saying it can't find the required files on the cd (PROPLUS.MSI) which I am pointing it to... Any other ways of getting my Outlook contacts into my OE6 address book?? Thanks in advance. Cameron Hi Cameron Did you try importing to OE6 from Outlook (ie using OE6 to control the import? 2 . try exporting to excel and th...

Save or Update command
I have looked through this discussuion group for how to create an update or save button to use on a form. Apparently everyone knows how to do it, they keep mentioning it in their posts but how exactly do you create it? I have a form based on a query, based on one table. The form has 30 fields that can be updated and right now the data entry person is clicking on the next field to update the table. This works, but I would rather have a button that she can use. Ok Gurus, stop laughing and direct me to some help! There isn't a need for such a button. Access "auto-saves&...

How do I install outlook 2000 on Windows 7?
I have had multiple problems getting Outlook 2000 to work on a brand new System 7 machine. To my knowledge, it has no other versions installed, yet each time I launch, I get the setup screen again that says there is another version. I can receive mail but when I try to send it says I can't because it can't find the WAB DLL. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result. (Word, Excel and PPt work fine.) Any clues? Outlook2k is not compatible with Vista let alone win7 It may work if you setup outlook2k in workgroup mode, but not neccessarily without proble...

updating summary account balances for prior years
Hello: We are finishing the implementation of GP 10.0 at this new client site, and I have a question on integrating the summary account balances for prior years. The client has fiscal years set up for 1995 to 2008. We are going to bring in from the client's old accounting system just summary account balances for 1995 through 2006. We will bring in detail transactions for 2007. After bringing in the summary account balances for each of those prior years through 2006, I will run the GL year-end close for each year in order to update the beginning account balances for each succeedin...

close window disabled
When I open up an excel document, the close window (X) button is greyed out (disabled). What might be causing this. Windows XP (SP2) Excel (office 2000) ...

solve....
mfc)i create a class , its derived from CDialog class. A main window has one button .i click the button ,then the modeless dialogbox is open. i minimize the dialogbox ,it appear the top of the status bar.i want it appear into the statusbar.how it is possible.please explain with sample coding. open modeless dialog:(button click coding) ******************** CChattingWindow* m_chatwindow=new CChattingWindow(pkg.strText,0,pkg.strText); m_chatwindow->Create(IDD_CHATWINDOW,NULL); m_chatwindow->ShowWindow (1); CDilog constructor:(Derived from CDialog) ****************** CChatting...

Temporary Form with 2 Sub form Update Main Form And its Sub form ?
I have 2 table both are exactly same PatientRecordTransTb And PatientRecordTb I know many programmer don’t like TempTb, but in my case I don’t trust some one to mess with my Main record table. So simple solution is make tamp table and after review I click to transfer all records from temp Table to main Table So I have two forms . PatientRecTransFm record sources = PatientRecordTransTb PatientRecordMainFm record source = PatientRecordTb PatientRecTransFm has 2 button AddRecord And Delete Record Here is a short story of my code (NOT A Actual Code) mySQLString = &quo...

how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"
Hi, I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears that "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page." I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC. Does anyone know how to get this to work ? Many Thanks, Xiao http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176468 -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "arbidol" <arbidol@tom...

Cant access updates
Hi - I have a system that I know has some sort of virus or is in some way hijacked but I can't find the problem. The only way I know it is still hijacked is that I can no longer access Windows updates. I can try through control panel or by going directly to the site. Always says page cannot be displayed. This is a Windows XP Pro SP3 system. I've run full scans with Malwarebytes and Avira. Have also run HijackThis and fixed anything that seemed suspicious. This is the second system this has happened to me on. The last one I gave up finally and just reinstalled t...

Modala dialog windows
Hello! I just wonder if you can mention any modala dialog windows in windows professional. A modalt dialog windows means that you can't continue without answer the modala dialog window. //Tony If you are talking about a system modal dialog box, they don't exist anymore. AliR. "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:5PxEd.13863$d5.116649@newsb.telia.net... > Hello! > > I just wonder if you can mention any modala dialog windows in windows > professional. > > A modalt dialog windows means that you can't continue ...

Money will not update balance on 1 checking account
I have set up Money on computer with Vista. When I go to update the balances they all update except one checking account. My other checking account and credit cards all update. I have put in adj. balance but still on Money records I have a zero balance. Please help. Thanks ...

Getting RichEdit's TOM/ITextDocument by its Window Handle?
I cannot get the sample code from microsoft's example here of looking up in the running object table by window handle for a RichEdit's ITextDocument http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/richedit/textobjectmodel/abouttextobjectmodel.asp (scroll midway down to subtitle: Interface from Running Object Table) I suspect the example code is in error as CreateFileMoniker makes no mention of working with a windows handle number passed as a hex string as the example shows... Can anyone confirm it works or doesnt work or tell me how to accomplish this another way?...

Canadian Payroll Tax updates #2
Just a heads up...as I donot see it here...or on the KB I just spent 3 hours updating 6 machines..... Which actually only took an hour...then we had to convert our Canadian Payroll files...then...Canadian payroll just disappeared from the users install...although..when logging in as SA it would be available... Seeing I have been running the Canadain Payroll for 5 + years now...and am well used to the "bugs" with the yearend updates....I remember seeing this error after an application version upgrade from 7.0 to 7.5...where no one other then SA could run payroll.....and I spen...

Explorer tries to write DLLs when searching Windows
When using 'My Computer' to Search for any file name in the C:\WINDOWS directory, Explorer (not IE) tries to write a number of files. (Details at end) It does this _only_ when searching C:\WINDOWS. I tried searching other directories and it keeps quiet. So a number of questions arise: * Is this expected behaviour? I certainly would not expect search - essentially a read only application - to be writing files. * Is this indicative of some virus? Antivir does not think so, but a sophisticated virus can defeat any virus checker. * Is there a cure? I am running ...

IMF update not detected in Windows Updates
I have Exchange SP2 inside SBS 2003 and can not get Windows Update to detect IMF updates. I have added the key ContentFilterState (1) in Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\MicrosoftExchange and restarted the SMTP service I have applied the IMF checkbox in the General - Advanced properties for the SMTP Virtual Server and restarted the SMTP service. When I run Widows Update, no updates are detected. I understand the key ContentFilterState with a setting of (1) is supposed to trigger the update from Micrososoft but Windows Update seems to be missing it. Any suggestions what next? I have had f...

need help on updating figures
i've attached my file. i hope it makes it easier to understand and hope you can help me +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: project2.zip |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2722 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- minx ----------------------------------------------------------------------- minxy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?...

Windows XP Home Sticks going into Hibernation/standby
It just sticks on the blue screen going into hibernation or standby when I chooseto put it in. Any ides would be helpful. Not sue this is the correct thread as wll. On Jan 19, 7:10=A0am, Bob <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It just sticks on the blue screen going into hibernation or standby when = I > chooseto put it in. > > Any ides would be helpful. =A0Not sue this is the correct thread as wll. Which blue screen is that - an empty blue screen or does it have some words on it? Has it ever worked before and what do you think has changed if it used...

request to solve my problem
hello friends this is vijay,i got a problem while doing my project based on vc++ (i.e)"How to implement Fit Window feature in VC++6.0 in an MDI Application" if any of you got any idea about that please do reply me with the proceedure.i will be waiting for your reply bye with regards vijayprasadreddy hello"vijay",do u min resize the window 2 feet content or way around other? Can u say which kind of view u use?Maybe even a snippeterooby of code. "vijay" <ramuvijayreddy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138620845.704478.306490@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Update Form
I have a main form which has combo boxes which pull from a table to fill in data fields. Sometimes these tables need new data added. I have added a command button which opens a second form where the list can be updated. When I close the second form the new choices do not appear in my combo box unless I close and re-open the form. Is there a way I can do an automatic refresh or update without having to close the main form? Thanks in advance Stefan, After you have updated the table behind the list, you can requery the main combo form like this: Forms!TheMainForm!TheCombo.Requery repla...