Remote Desktop Client (RDC) 5.2 & KB958470 (MS09-044) - Hotfix

A hotfix is available for Remote Desktop Client (RDC) 5.2 to fix a drawing
failure after you apply the security update 958470 (MS09-044) on a computer
that is running Windows XP SP3 or Windows Server 2003 SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975158

0
PA

outlook express 5 to outlook
I use Outlook Express 5. The email server is http. I want to use Outlook 2000. If possible, how do I export settings and mail/address book from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000. The http server seems to be my problem. ...

Frequent ExchSrvr restarts needed for remote users
Hello all – I have a mob of disenchanted users about to lynch me because of a problem that I cannot get to the bottom of. I recently migrated Exchange 5.5 to 2K3, consolidating three sites in the process. Now we have one Exchange Server at headquarters that hosts all mailboxes and public folders. The problem is with the users at the remote sites. Approximately every three business days, I have to restart the Exch Srvr, because over the space of a few hours, many users at the remotes sites are unable to connect to it. (“Trying to connect..” in the Outlook status bar). Only a resta...

Send/Receive Dialog Box #2
Does anyone know how to get the Send/Receive Dialog Box to stop popping up during send/receive. Box to hide Dialog Box has been checked. This is very annoying... You did not post your Outlook version. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gra t" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b3f901c44fec$ae206010$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to get the Send/Receive Dialog Box > to stop popping up during send/receive. Box to hide > Dialog Box has been checked. This is very annoying... Outlook 2002 >-----Original Message----- >Yo...

Sync Issues with Sales for Outlook Client
In short, I haven't touched this product for about 18 months and unfortunately, I have virtually forgotten everything about this application. Therefore, I could really use your help in addressing an issue that I think we encountered before deploying it. Let's say user Joe Cool got a new PC (Windows XP SP2) in which we installed the Sales for Outlook Client. Ever since he got the new PC, he's had trouble syncing when he goes offline. When online, we see what we're expected to see while in the Sales for Outlook Client wihin Outlook. When we go offline, we don't se...

2 Hotmail Accounts in Outlook XP (2002)
Why will this not support 2 hotmail accounts? Outlook Express will take 2 accounts, but for XP no bones.. My first account always works, but the 2nd one returns an error message sayin the http server is offline, which it is NOT because my other account uses the same one Why cant you have 2 hotmail accounts??!! thanks in advance If I remember correctly you used to be able to have 2 accounts but changes to Passport broke it "Jeremiah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:054e01c3cda2$b675df00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Why will this not support 2 hotmai...

data consolidation #2
I am using Excel 2003 to run a Workbook for doing the running statistics for a Darts Association. I use Data Consolidation in a Macro to update the Workbook after entering all of the data for a round. My problem arose with the ladder when two teams had a draw, normally there is 2 points given for a win and this works fine but for a draw there is only 1 point given and the consolidation will not sum the one point. I tried using data consolidate without the macro and it still would not do it. In another part of the ladder data is consolidated to sum the number of games played, this data i...

Compacting remotely?
Hello All I have an access97 backend mdb, which I would like to compact/repair automatically overnight. Is it possible to leave a separate mdb open that would open the backend mdb, compact it, then close it again? I'm sure this can be done because I think I've read something about it somewhere: but I can't remember how - or where! Hope someone can help. Thanks Leslie Isaacs well you could schedule it with windows. take a look at Albert Kallal's solution here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/BatchJobs/Index.html change the code to compact the database... -- M...

mbinfo exchange 5.5
Hi, I m looking for mbinfo.exe > 2.0a. I check the reskit 1 and 2, but I wasn t able to find the file. I thought I could download it from ftp.microsoft.com/pss/exchange, but the microsoft ftp is down. Does someone know where I can dl the file ? Thank you I believe you still need to contact PSS directly to get it. On Mon, 10 May 2004 11:46:02 +0200, Sebastien COUPPEY <sebastien.couppey@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > >Hi, > >I m looking for mbinfo.exe > 2.0a. I check the reskit 1 and 2, but I >wasn t able to find the file. > >I thought I could download it from ft...

Positioning Dialog To Desktop
Using VC++, I have a dialog-based app. I want to put the window in the lower right corner of a desktop. It seems I can't override the positioin of the window set in the resource editor (where the window coordinates are set). How can I override this initial window position to put it in the corner? I've found how to get a pointer to the desktop, its width and height, but using that to position the window in OnPaint didn't work. Also SetPosition in the App InitInstance doesn't work. The coordinates to my dialog are sitting in a resource file, so how can I program to change t...

Cannot view downloaded transactions #2
I have used Money successfully for years but just recently have had problems viewing downloaded transactions. Any ideas??? I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. That did not solve the problem apparently because the problem lies in the details of my file. I did run into a file that would not download due "to an error with your program" (Money). I had downloaded from this site many times before. It seems that this current problem has started since that day. I get the notice that my download was successful and it tells me how many items to review. I JUST CAN&#...

Graph where source data has different dates #2
I'm trying to do a comparision line graph with two series of data. The are both tracked by date with the same range (from April 2008 to April 2009). However one series has data monthly and the other has data weekly. When I try to combine on a graph the dates just don't line up. Is it possible to have these line up correctly. I've tried formatting the axis to days instead of months but it appears to only line up data points. So for the data reported monthly, it is graphed across the first 12 days. Hopefully that makes sense. If not, just let me know & I'll try t...

clprflpr or client flipper
Can anyonne point me in the direction of a download for this tool? Urgently needed for an Exchange migration. The exe file and ini file is all that I require. To cut a long story short, no I can't use EXPROFRE as the users don't have X500 addresses and the software on the server I am migrating the users away from is 9 years OLD! TIA, JMS ...

internet addresses #2
Does anyone know what table in SQL that e-mail addresses for vendors are stored in? Thanks. Glen, Execute the following query against your company database: select * from SY01200 where Master_Type = 'VEN' You will need to link to the PM00200 by Master_ID. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Glenn" wrote: > Does anyone know what table in SQL that e-mail addresses for vendors are > stored in? > > Thanks. > > > ...

Lunch the application after login page and before desktop !!!
Hi, Is there any way to lunch the application after login page and before desktop? I know one way to add the entry in Runoncekey. I want this application to run every time the user log in. Couple of problem with Runoncekey.... 1. This key is meant to use just for one time application 2. User can use cntr+alt+del and cancel the application. I want this application to stay there till user hits "OK" and then show the desktop. There shouldn't be another way for him to skip this application. Can anybody help? Thanks Trupti Not possible. The only way you can do it is by cha...

Charts from pivot table #2
I've got 4 distinct sets of data in a pivot table (e.g., costs, sales, products, inquiries) that I'd like to display in 4 separate charts and then be able to select a different grouping from the 1 pivot table. If I put all the fields in 1 pivot table, the chart tries to display all the data types which can't be put in 1 chart due to the different units for each set of data. If I create 4 separate tables for each type of data, the charts work great, but now to change a selection, I have to go to 4 different pivot tables. Any ideas ? You can make regular charts from a pivo...

1. Automatic Bill Payments. 2. PocketPC
I downloaded the trial version of Money 2005 Deluxe. 1. I am trying to set up a schedule of my bills, but I do NOT want them to be paid automatically. I want to physically make the payment. When I added a bill pay to the calendar, it looked like it would be automatic. Is it? If so, how do I change it so that it is only a schedule with reminders, not actual debits to my account? I am not subscribed to MSN Bill Pay, but can't tell if it will access my checking account. 2. I downloaded Money 2005 for my pocket PC. If I add transactions to my PDA during the day and try to syn...

Exchange 5.5 Backup (Veritas 9.0)
Veritas Remote Engine for Excahange stopts when trying to backup Mailboxes Exchange 5.5 (SP4 Windows NT 4.0 (SP6a) Nasser <nsheleby@kvie.org> wrote: >Veritas Remote Engine for Excahange stopts when trying to backup Mailboxes. >Exchange 5.5 (SP4) >Windows NT 4.0 (SP6a) Best thing to do in the first instance is to see what error Veritas is throwing up and then report it to Veritas support. It's not a favourite practice to be doing mailbox level (also known as Bricks Level) backups. See link at signature for more information on Bricks Level Backups and why they are best avoi...

Anyone having difficulty installing the new CRM3c client?
I have a brand new box running XP and Office 2007 that I built up that has all of the updates installed. I have attempted many times to run the installation of the new CRM 3c client (the one compatible with Vista and Office 2007) and after running through a few of the screens, it errors on the System Requirements screen, saying: "The installed version of Microsf Outlook is not support by the Microsoft CRM client. Please upgrade to the current release of Microsoft Outlook." Ironic considering I'm running the latest and greatest of everything. I did find a post on the ne...

Derived OnDraw #2
Sorry about the previous message. I am wondering if I can use a OnDraw() function from a derived View class in a document/view project or do I need to send a message to the origninal OnDraw function in the view class. The reason I ask, is that I think that I read something about having to use the OnDraw function in the view class so I am not sure. -- Just Al "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15CC2E4D-A017-4634-A9A2-4E937C9B71BD@microsoft.com... > Sorry about the previous message. > I am wondering if I can use a OnDraw() function from a deriv...

Client CPU 100% memory inc 4KB
I have a client running WinXP Pro Outlook 2002 (setup test machine same issue) connecting to Exchange2000. Symptoms - Open Outlook reminders popup CPU100% forever, Open received meeting request click any response 'tentative, accept, reject' same issue. PROBLEM DOES NOT OCCUR WHEN USING OWA..... I noticed that the Outlook.exe process in task manager at 98-100% initial memory level normal, then increases by 10KB after a few minutes memory increases by 4KB every few seconds. I let it go for several hours memory continued to increased, outlook still appears hung no change in Exchange ser...

Top 2 per Group
Access 2007 - I'm trying to randomly select 2 claims per examiner. My first query successfully creates a RandomSeed field that contains a unique number for each Examiner/Claim record. However, I'm having trouble with my second query: SELECT tblRandomRec.Examiner, tblRandomRec.Claim, tblRandomRec.RandomSeed FROM tblRandomRec WHERE (((tblRandomRec.RandomSeed) In (SELECT TOP 1 RandomSeed from tblRandomRec as RR WHERE rr.claim=tblrandomrec.claim GROUP BY randomseed))) ORDER BY tblRandomRec.Examiner, tblRandomRec.Claim; What I want to end up with is 2 claims for each exam...

Default Paper size #2
Hi I am in the UK and am Having problems with publisher. My Old machine would automatically default to A4 size paper but this new machine seems to love Letter size. I need publisher to default to A4or else this creates problems with my printer etc. I can change the paper size in the Printers section and choosing A4 but I need it to default to A4 Anyone any ideas? Emma Refer your second post. I replied there. -- ...

Open Level 2 files
In Outlook 2002, is there anyway to to open level 2 files from outlook? It is a real PITA to save it, find it, then open it. Thanks. ************************************************ Flip the words on the domain name to send email. ************************************************ http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm should help you out. AFAIK, no, but reading this page might help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Curt Bates <crbates@footbig.com> aske...

Help me please! #2
I use the function named EndDialog(IDABORT) to close the dialog on Windows2000(Server+sp3). It is successful. But, it occurs exception on Windows2003(Clean). I don't know why occurs exception and how to resolve the question. Help me please! Give me more help please! Thanks! ...

Importing CSV FIles #2
Does anyone know if there is a way to force Excel to expand columns to the maximun width needed when opening a .CSV file? I am looking to minimize user input. CSV is a text format. When u import txt. file, first "save as" Excel format. After that open the workbook again(now in excel format). Go to "data" menu use "text to columns" tab. Yr data would be converted to columns. >-----Original Message----- >CSV is a text format. When u import txt. file, first "save as" Excel format. After that open the workbook again(now in excel format). Go to ...