No Sound after reformatting

I reformatted my computer, and have no sound. I think I need to reinstall an
audio driver, but I put my disc in, and I think ,my driver is too old.

you need to reinstall the driver for your soundcard if you tell us make and
model of your computer ie toshiba satelite A305-S6857  then we can give you a
link to its driver

"merrin231" wrote:

> I reformatted my computer, and have no sound. I think I need to reinstall an
> audio driver, but I put my disc in, and I think ,my driver is too old.
how does your problem pertain to windows update functionality?

merrin231 wrote:
> I reformatted my computer, and have no sound. I think I need to reinstall
> an
> audio driver, but I put my disc in, and I think ,my driver is too old.

0
PA
11/15/2009 6:35:57 AM
merrin231 wrote:
> I reformatted my computer, and have no sound. I think I need to
> reinstall an audio driver, but I put my disc in, and I think ,my
> driver is too old.

Although this has little to nothing to do with Windows Update - what you
need to do is visit the sound device manufacturer's web page (or motherboard
manufacturer's web page if the sound device is integrated into the
motherboard *or* the overall manufacturer's web page if something like a
Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo, Gateway, Packard Bell, etc) and download the latest
driver/software for the device.

You'd do that for each device.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan

low voice recording volume with Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card
Hi all, Here a while back I build a new computer and installed a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card. The Asus P5Q PRO TURBO motherboard I put in it had integrated sound but would not do what I needed. Now, I'm having problems with the microphone not having enough volume to properly record voice. For some reason when I go into Sounds and Audio Device Properties, Voice and Test Hardware the mic volume yield is very low unless I put a boost under Record Control, Advanced. After I do another Test Hardware everything working properly but when I try anything that uses analog...

Sound card / sound devices not recognized
I recently re-installed XP SP3 after a virus attack and now my machine is not recognizing my headphones nor my plug and play speakers (both of these work on other machines). My machine is a Gateway, built 12/2003, P4, Windows Media Player 9. My best guess is that it is a sound card issue. I don’t know whether the card is on the motherboard or separate: I haven’t ID’ed the type of sound card yet. I ran a program called Everest that lists all the components, but under the motherboard I did not recognize anything that looked like a sound card. I have made sure the speakers are...

Office XP Sounds
I'm having a problem with the Office XP Sounds add-on, available for download at Microsoft's Web site. I've tried installing them a few times, but only 20% of them really work--the rest of the time it's like they don't even exist. I know this because they were working just fine a couple weeks ago, but then I decided to reformat my hard drive and now I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them all back. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. TIA! -- Kyle W. ...

Thumping sound in XP after I click someting
Ok I built an home theater PC (HTPC) with Windows XP and had all the latest updates. To make a long story short, my projector blew a bulb and it took about 6+ months to replace it. During that down time, I didn't turn the PC on. I was able to finally buy a bulb, and start the PC up again. Now, whenever I initiate an activity with a mouse, and the activity happens, I get a thump, where a ding is supposed to sound. For example, if I click the Back button in IE and it goes to the previous page, I get a thump. If I click Ok on a dialog box, I get a thump; if I double-click on ...

Error faced::Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another progra
i can hear all system sounds an even hear tst sound in Realteck HD Audio Manager bt no other sound plays as in no music file an no online music.... if i open music file in windows media plyer 9 the eroor comes: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly. THERE is no ques mrk on ny sound,vedio and game controllers device..in device manager...bt yellow ques mrk an exclamation mrk on MODEM DEVICE O...

Sound recorder in Publisher
Hi I want to record a voice in Publisher using the sound recorder. I can do this by Insert object and selecting Wave Sound, but when I do this the sound icon does not appear even if I tick the display as Icon box. If I click on Change Icon, I can select a different one and it works, but I just want to the sound recorder icon. This works in Word so not sure why is does not in publisher? Thanks Shirl -- shirl shirl wrote: > I want to record a voice in Publisher using the sound recorder. I can > do this by Insert object and selecting Wave Sound, but when I do this > the soun...

Changing Calendar Alarm Sound
Recently, a hard drive failure forced reinstalling Office, including Outlook. Previusly, I had set up Outlook to use a custom sound for alerting me to calendar events by simply renaming my custom sound to the default sound name - I've foprgotten what that is. When I reinstalled Office, it seemed that both the mail notification and the calendar alert default sounds were the same. This isn't convenient. How can I set them up to be different, and in fact, to use my custom sound as my appointment alert? Thanks Optiker You can set a WAV here: Tools menu > Options > Other > ...

Sound
I would like to have a sound play on a message I sent to someone. ...

no sound on some web sites
Hi, I am having trouble with sound on certain web sites. Especially Club Pogo. When I play a game, the sound starts but cuts out after about a min. I have Windows XP. There is no other sound application running. Please help. Pogo says that I probably have another sound application running but do not. Thanks!! CRM 1.2 doesn't support Club Pogo, but... Try updating your the drivers for your soundcard, firstly at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and secondly at the manufacturers website for your sound card. Cheers Dan "slapoint" wrote: > Hi, I am having trou...

sound
I want to produce a sound or beep when the contents of a cell become a certain value,eg if h5 =10 then beep -- pytelium ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pytelium's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25521 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389683 Here's a sample: http://www.geocities.com/smplprgrsrc/files/BeepOnChange.zip "pytelium" <pytelium.1so52b_1122199501.773@excelforum-nospam.com> schreef in bericht news:pytelium.1so52b_1122199501.773@excelforum-...

The background sound will not play
I the web page I created the background sound will not play when I preview my web page. When I first created the page it played, but now it does not. ...

Money2004 sounds
Hi, Because of some system file corruptions (not money) I had to create a new user account in WinXP(home) and transfer all 'My Documents' files there. Now I find that Money 2004 has forgotten where its sound files are (or so it seems). Is there a way to reset the sounds again without reinstalling Money? Thanks, Jonathan If you want to do it manually, go to Start | Control panel | Sounds and audio devices | Sounds tab and move down to find the Microsoft Money entries and either change them one at a time to the location where you have placed the sounds, or move the sound...

Microsoft Office Notifications Does Not Produce Alert Sound
In Office 2004 I no longer receive the alert sound when saving a file,e.g., Word or Excel. It worked fine in Office X. The Microsoft Office Notifications is set to On for both Office Notifications and Sounds. I tired toggling it Off and then On but it didn't help. Any ideas? <irwin@mortman.com> wrote in message news:1149179347.615476.105060@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > In Office 2004 I no longer receive the alert sound when saving a > file,e.g., Word or Excel. It worked fine in Office X. > > The Microsoft Office Notifications is set to On for both Office > N...

sound shift
I'm using WMP version 11.0.5721.5268 under Windows XP version 2002 SP3. I just bought a TV ( Philips ) which is DLNA compatible. I managed to connect it to my local network and this is great. I can watch my movies, stored on my PC, on the television. Problem: the sound is not in sync with the images on the screen. The sound seems to be ahead of the video of about 1 second. This seems to happen whatever the file size, whatever the file format,... Do not know what to do. Can somebody help ? -- Roberto On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 00:45:01 -0800, *_Roberto_* <Roberto@discussions.micro...

Entourage Sound Sets-No Sound

Lost Sound in Money 2006
MS Money 2006 will no longer play sounds. Money is no longer listed in the Sounds and Audio Property list where you can select sounds to play. How do I get Money sound back. The files can be seen in C:\....MNYCoreFiles.. Thanks. Ozark wrote: > MS Money 2006 will no longer play sounds. Money is no longer listed in > the Sounds and Audio Property list where you can select sounds to play. > How do I get Money sound back. The files can be seen in > C:\....MNYCoreFiles.. > Thanks. P. S. Reinstall did not fix the problem. Ozark wrote: > MS Money 2006 will no longer ...

"Sounds" settings not working in Sound and Audio Devices
Hi, For some reason when I go into the "Sounds" tab under Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel and select that a certain event has "No Sound" the setting does not stick and the original sound remains. I'm clicking the "Apply" button when I make the change but it doesn't matter. Any ideas on what's causing this and how to fix it? Thanks for your help with this. Monty Robison Widows XP Professional Service Pack 2 I think you have to click "Save As" and name your customised scheme. /However/, I posted a similar query on 13...

Sound
Hi! I recently installed Money 2002 Deluxe on a Windows XP Pro computer. Obviously, it was installed with administrator privileges, and when I run it either with an administrator account or using Runas- in a user account, the sounds work fine. If I run it as a limited user, I have no sound. The options for "Program events" are not even listed under the Sounds tab in Options in this mode. Is there a work-around so that I can have sounds without using adminstrator access? Thanks in advance!! I should say I am using 2004 so if it doesn't work then Cal Learners point w...

Sudden Loss Of sound on laptop
Hi I have a laptop and use vista home basic. Last week the sound suddenly stoped working, no reason at all. I did not add or remove any software or do anything. It just stoped. I have tried external speakers but same thing. hope someone can help thanks marc -- marklear Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com On Dec 25, 6:12=A0pm, marklear <marklear.43r...@no- mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote: > I have a laptop and use vista home basic. Last week the sound suddenly > stoped working, no reason at all. I did not add or remove any software > or do any...

Access, sound files and Wave
Hello I have NEVER used Access but have found myself in this forum to solve a question I have a languange dictionary with a voice and I wanted to try to find the sound files and put them on a MP3 Player The sound files are nowhere to be seen but I did find my way to the program and a file that opens in Access. And when you click a word in a column, you get the pronunciation So I have a question Where are the sound files or are they generated with code in Access? If they exist somewhere, how can I get from the column in Access to the sound files so that I can copy (or convert) them ...

unwanted sound
can i stop unwanted audio (commercials) from playing while i am on the internet? Try Beano? Starr wrote: > can i stop unwanted audio (commercials) from playing while i am on the > internet? Starr wrote: > can i stop unwanted audio (commercials) from playing while i am on the > internet? Hit the Mute button when surfing. If you want to mute only sound from ads then block the ads. ...

sound
i can not get sound on pogo i have java sun. This is a Great Plains forum.....you may want to post elsewhere -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "rv goddess" wrote: > i can not get sound on pogo i have java sun. ...

Adding Sound to Outlook 2000 Email
Is it possible? Does one have to use a certain type of email message then (plain, rich, office- add-in), or what? Confused.... I'd like to have the sound played while the email is opened...not as a file attachment. Are you trying to send an email and want the sound played when someone receives it? OR do you want a sound played when you open a particular email. If you want sound played when you open an email, you will have to setup a rule using the Tools, Rules Wizard and then specify what you want to happen when an email arrives for you. If you need the entire steps let me know...

RMS POS
Is this possible? Make BEEP when msg present? Thanks in advance David Hi David, Don't think there is a hook for this or some standard option, but maybe there is an easy way of doing this: The messages between Cashiers are saved in the Message table, You can make few lines of script for the Status HTML page, that will periodically check this table and make a beep if there is "unread" message (the filed "DateRead")... Or some small dll, that will do the same (checking the table) and You can use this dll as windows service... Here You go, few ideas to start... ...

No Sound in Word
I have a new computer with windows 7 64 bit. I have office 2003. some sounds work, but when i click on the "save" icon [looks like a floppy drive], i get no sound. I of course downloaded microsoft sounds for office 2003. thanks for your help ...