My PC can't even boot after installing 12 Microsoft updates today

Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download
12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I
went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later when I
attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the
desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my
PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before.  What
kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!
--
David

See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977165

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.  There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates.  When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB977165).

Or you can...

The Consumer Security Support home page & Microsoft Update Solution Center
also offer support options
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

David wrote:
> Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to
> download
> 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown,
> went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later when I
> attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the
> desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to
> my PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before.
> What
> kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!

0
PA
2/11/2010 7:05:10 AM
hi

i'm an it professional

since yesterday i had the same problem with 4 computers, all with windows xp
pro.

after installing updates i get a blue screen with "page fault in nonpaged
area".
Same problem here, must be a bad update.. Can't even recover it with the
windows xp CD, cant use recovery console, cant get into safemode, Nothing.

"David" wrote:

> Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download
> 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I
> went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later when I
> attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the
> desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my
> PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before.  What
> kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!
> --
> David
Same problem here, installed 8 windows xp security vulnerability updates, 1
killbit update, and the monthly malicious software removal tool and now I
can't boot into windows. Can't recover using the windows xp cd, can't run
recovery console, and cant get into safemode.

"David" wrote:

> Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download
> 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I
> went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later when I
> attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the
> desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my
> PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before.  What
> kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!
> --
> David
I am on hold now with MS, has anyone been able to get the effected computer
to reboot?
My wife just got to work and all of their computers have the same issue.

"Roman" wrote:

> Same problem here, installed 8 windows xp security vulnerability updates, 1
> killbit update, and the monthly malicious software removal tool and now I
> can't boot into windows. Can't recover using the windows xp cd, can't run
> recovery console, and cant get into safemode.
>
> "David" wrote:
>
> > Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download
> > 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I
> > went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later when I
> > attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the
> > desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my
> > PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before.  What
> > kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!
> > --
> > David
I had exactily the same thing happen 2/9/2010. Anyone know of a way out of this?

David wrote:

My PC can't even boot after installing 12 Microsoft updates today
10-Feb-10

Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download
12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I
went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later when I
attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and could not even get to the
desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my
PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before.  What
kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!
--
David

What's New for Developers in SharePoint 2010 Object Model?
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/84e8403e-a25c-49b7-a0d8-3e2773fa29b5/whats-new-for-developers.aspx
0
Ron
2/11/2010 3:45:19 PM
It seems that a security program with the name of SecureIT is causing the
problem, they used to run Symantec Corporate for the AV in the program, don't
know if they still are or if that portion of it is what is causing the
problem. Every call  I have had so far has had SecureIT iinstalled.

"David" wrote:

> Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download
> 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I
> went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later when I
> attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the
> desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my
> PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before.  What
> kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!
> --
> David
I have been working with MS on the phone for the past 3.5 hours and they
still do not have a solution for me.
Has anyone been able to cure it yet?

"Ron Harvey" wrote:

> I had exactily the same thing happen 2/9/2010. Anyone know of a way out of this?
>

> David wrote:
>
> My PC can't even boot after installing 12 Microsoft updates today
> 10-Feb-10
>
> Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download
> 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I
> went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later when I
> attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and could not even get to the
> desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my
> PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before.  What
> kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!
> --
> David

> What's New for Developers in SharePoint 2010 Object Model?
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/84e8403e-a25c-49b7-a0d8-3e2773fa29b5/whats-new-for-developers.aspx
> .

This is ridiculous.. I've tried everything and it seems the only solution is
to format. My entire business is on that machine I can't afford to lose the
files.. If I figure something out I'll let you know. In the mean time try
replacing your video card to a different one if you have one lying around
that might be the problem.

"Trainster2k1" wrote:

> I have been working with MS on the phone for the past 3.5 hours and they
> still do not have a solution for me.
> Has anyone been able to cure it yet?
>
> "Ron Harvey" wrote:
>
> > I had exactily the same thing happen 2/9/2010. Anyone know of a way out of this?
> >

> > David wrote:
> >
> > My PC can't even boot after installing 12 Microsoft updates today
> > 10-Feb-10
> >
> > Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download
> > 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I
> > went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later when I
> > attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and could not even get to the
> > desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my
> > PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before.  What
> > kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!
> > --
> > David

> > Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
> > What's New for Developers in SharePoint 2010 Object Model?
> > http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/84e8403e-a25c-49b7-a0d8-3e2773fa29b5/whats-new-for-developers.aspx
> > .

EVERYBODY INCLUDING MYSELF, THAT I KNOW HAVE THAT PROBLEM, A FEW PEOPLE SAID
THE REASON IT IS, IS MICROSOFT IS TRYING TO GET RID OF XP.. I SWEAR IF THEY
SCREWED MY COMPUTER, AND I LOST ALL MY FILES.. IM SUING. I HAVE EVERYTHING ON
THERE, ALL MY PAID PROGRAMS AND EVERYTHING. THEY WOULD HAVE TO REIMBURSE ALL
THAT. PAY FOR ALL THE PICTURES I LOST. AND FOR ALL THE BUSINESS ITEMS I
LOST.. BECAUSE NOT ONLY IS MY PC FOR HOME USE, FOR STORING PICS, AND PROGRAMS
I BOUGHT, BUT FOR MY HOME BUSINESS!!!!!

On 2010-02-11 5:43 p.m., David wrote:

> Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download
> 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I
> went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later when I
> attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the
> desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my
> PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before.  What
> kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!

This may help:

<http://www.krebsonsecurity.com/2010/02/new-patches-cause-bsod-for-some-windows-xp-users/>

http://www.krebsonsecurity.com/2010/02/new-patches-cause-bsod-for-some-windows-xp-users/

   Harry.

--
"I wish that, just once, some terrorist would try something that you can only
foil by upgrading the passengers to first class and giving them free drinks."

"ANGELKISSES420" <ANGELKISSES420@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: EVERYBODY INCLUDING MYSELF, THAT I KNOW HAVE THAT PROBLEM, A FEW PEOPLE
SAID
: THE REASON IT IS, IS MICROSOFT IS TRYING TO GET RID OF XP.. I SWEAR IF
THEY
: SCREWED MY COMPUTER, AND I LOST ALL MY FILES.. IM SUING. I HAVE EVERYTHING
ON
: THERE, ALL MY PAID PROGRAMS AND EVERYTHING. THEY WOULD HAVE TO REIMBURSE
ALL
: THAT. PAY FOR ALL THE PICTURES I LOST. AND FOR ALL THE BUSINESS ITEMS I
: LOST.. BECAUSE NOT ONLY IS MY PC FOR HOME USE, FOR STORING PICS, AND
PROGRAMS
: I BOUGHT, BUT FOR MY HOME BUSINESS!!!!!
:
: "Roman" wrote:
:
: > This is ridiculous.. I've tried everything and it seems the only
solution is
: > to format. My entire business is on that machine I can't afford to lose
the
: > files.. If I figure something out I'll let you know. In the mean time
try
: > replacing your video card to a different one if you have one lying
around
: > that might be the problem.
: >
: > "Trainster2k1" wrote:
: >
: > > I have been working with MS on the phone for the past 3.5 hours and
they
: > > still do not have a solution for me.
: > > Has anyone been able to cure it yet?
: > >
: > > "Ron Harvey" wrote:
: > >
: > > > I had exactily the same thing happen 2/9/2010. Anyone know of a way
out of this?
: > > >
: > > >
: > > >
: > > > David wrote:
: > > >
: > > > My PC can't even boot after installing 12 Microsoft updates today
: > > > 10-Feb-10
: > > >
: > > > Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to
download
: > > > 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the
shutdown, I
: > > > went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later when
: > > > attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and could not even get to
the
: > > > desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what
happen to my
: > > > PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before.
What
: > > > kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!
: > > > --
: > > > David
: > > >
: > > >
: > > >
: > > > Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
: > > > What's New for Developers in SharePoint 2010 Object Model?
: > > >
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/84e8403e-a25c-49b7-a0d8-3e2773fa29b5/whats-new-for-developers.aspx
: > > > .
: > > >

0
Tom
2/11/2010 8:28:36 PM
You misspelled "moron."

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"Tom Willett" <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> : > > > went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later
> when
> : > > > attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and could not even get
> the
> : > > > desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what
> happen to my
> : > > > PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do
> before.
> What
> : > > > kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!
> : > > > --
> : > > > David
> : > > >
> : > > >
> : > > >
> : > > > Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
> : > > > What's New for Developers in SharePoint 2010 Object Model?

0
Michael
2/11/2010 9:33:30 PM
That's funny.  I didn't and I had 10 boxes to update plus my personal
computers.

Are you 10 or are you yelling at someone specific?

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"ANGELKISSES420" <ANGELKISSES420@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> EVERYBODY INCLUDING MYSELF, THAT I KNOW HAVE THAT PROBLEM, A FEW PEOPLE
> SAID
> THE REASON IT IS, IS MICROSOFT IS TRYING TO GET RID OF XP.. I SWEAR IF
> THEY
> SCREWED MY COMPUTER, AND I LOST ALL MY FILES.. IM SUING. I HAVE EVERYTHING
> ON
> THERE, ALL MY PAID PROGRAMS AND EVERYTHING. THEY WOULD HAVE TO REIMBURSE
> ALL
> THAT. PAY FOR ALL THE PICTURES I LOST. AND FOR ALL THE BUSINESS ITEMS I
> LOST.. BECAUSE NOT ONLY IS MY PC FOR HOME USE, FOR STORING PICS, AND
> PROGRAMS
> I BOUGHT, BUT FOR MY HOME BUSINESS!!!!!
>
> "Roman" wrote:
>
>> This is ridiculous.. I've tried everything and it seems the only solution
>> is
>> to format. My entire business is on that machine I can't afford to lose
>> the
>> files.. If I figure something out I'll let you know. In the mean time try
>> replacing your video card to a different one if you have one lying around
>> that might be the problem.
>>
>> "Trainster2k1" wrote:
>>
>> > I have been working with MS on the phone for the past 3.5 hours and
>> > they
>> > still do not have a solution for me.
>> > Has anyone been able to cure it yet?

0
Michael
2/11/2010 9:35:11 PM
Posted on the Windows Update "social.answers' forum by Kevin Hau, from
Microsoft:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/73cea559-ebbd-4274-96bc-e292b69f2fd1/

" Hello Everyone,

I wanted to thank everyone for the great information and discusion in
this thread!

We have found that there is only one patch that requires un-installation
to resolve the blue screen issue. KB977165 is the patch in question, the
other patches do not seem to cause the blue screen behaviour and do not
need to be uninstalled.

With that in mind, here's the updated solution steps:

1. Boot from your Windows XP CD or DVD and start the recovery console
(see this Microsoft article for help with this step)

Once you are in the Repair Screen..

2. Type this command: CHDIR $NtUninstallKB977165$\spuninst

3. Type this command: BATCH spuninst.txt

4. When complete, type this command: exit

IMPORTANT:  If you are able to uninstall the patch and get back into
Windows, in order to stay protected you can use the following automated
solution which secures your PC against the vulnerabilities that are
resolved with KB977165 until you can successfully get the update
installed without the blue screens.

Please see the link below for the article describing the vulnerability
that is fixed with KB977165 and how you can get protected without
installing the actual KB update:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979682 "

NOTE that the Fixit itself can also cause Issues.

MowGreen
================
  * -343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Harry Johnston [MVP] wrote:
> On 2010-02-11 5:43 p.m., David wrote:
>
>> Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to
>> download
>> 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the
>> shutdown, I
>> went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it. Later when I
>> attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the
>> desktop. Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen
>> to my
>> PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before. What
>> kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!
>
> This may help:
>
> <http://www.krebsonsecurity.com/2010/02/new-patches-cause-bsod-for-some-windows-xp-users/>
>

> http://www.krebsonsecurity.com/2010/02/new-patches-cause-bsod-for-some-windows-xp-users/
>

> Harry.

0
MowGreen
2/11/2010 9:51:59 PM
I am sure that this fix will not work for everyone, but those that are using
SecureIT should benefit from it. If you can boot to the recovery console or
from a install disk and go to repair to get a command line then rename this
file scfltr.sys it is located in c:\windows\system32\drivers. When you have
renamed it you should be able to boot the system. I tried rolling back all
the updates to original files first and that had no effect, renaming this
driver is the thing that worked for us. I would not advise doing a repair to
SecureIT as this will just put the driver back iin and you will be in the
same condition again. We will just have to wait until the proper fix is
posted.

"David" wrote:

> Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download
> 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I
> went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later when I
> attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the
> desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my
> PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before.  What
> kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!
> --
> David
If you're "an it professional," why do you need our help?

ntavares wrote:
> i'm an it professional
>
> since yesterday i had the same problem with 4 computers, all with windows
> xp
> pro.
>
> after installing updates i get a blue screen with "page fault in nonpaged
> area".

0
PA
2/13/2010 12:34:05 AM
"it" also stands for "idiot tool."

--

> If you're "an it professional," why do you need our help?
>
> ntavares wrote:
>> i'm an it professional
>>
>> since yesterday i had the same problem with 4 computers, all with windows
>> xp
>> pro.
>>
>> after installing updates i get a blue screen with "page fault in nonpaged
>> area".

0
Michael
2/13/2010 1:05:02 PM
There seems to be a couple of variants being reported to the failure
symptoms, some may be related to some particular Malware, some appear not to
be.

For me (supporting a medium company, and of course family and friends home
PC's, I have 3 out of 120 or so users so far reporting problems.

First one was a Windows XP Home edition PC of a friend. Wouldn't reboot
(BSOD) following the Windows update. Repaired using the setup programe to
repair the previous installation. Now running health check routine for
Malware / other faults, but at least PC now restarting reliably.

Tomorrow will tackle two Windows XP Pro laptops reporting issues after
Windows updates. One laptop failed to boot a few times but then started to
work again. Still to contact user re the others symptoms.

Ed.
MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP.

"David" wrote:

> Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download
> 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I
> went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later when I
> attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the
> desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my
> PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before.  What
> kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!
> --
> David
> ... I have 3 out of 120 or so users so far reporting problems.

Chances are that the 3 computers are infested with hijackware!

Backdoor.Tidserv [AKA Win32/Alureon] and MS10-015
<QP>
Backdoor.Tidserv does a very good job in that sense, especially with the
latest version (TDL3), which uses an advanced rootkit technology to hide its
presence on a system by infecting one of the low-level kernel drivers and
then
covering its tracks. While the rootkit is active there is no easy way to
detect the infection, and because it goes so deep into the kernel, most
users
cannot see anything wrong in the system...Even worse, because the infected
driver is critical for system boot-up, Windows will not boot in Safe Mode
either [after having installed MS10-015 on an infected machine].
</QP>
http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/tidserv-and-ms10-015

Tdss rootkit silently owns the net
<QP>
Tdss rootkit 3rd variant is the last member of Tdss rootkit family that is
quickly spreading around the world. While a number of rootkits are just
developed as a proof of concept, this is not the case. Tdss rootkit is well
known to antivirus companies because of its goal to get total control of the
infected PCs and using them as zombies for its botnet.

During these years it has always shown a team of skilled people behind it,
who
always applied advanced techniques often able to bypass antirootkit
softwares.
Actually, this last variant could be easily named as the stealthiest rootkit
in the wild.

This infection is bringing all together the best of MBR rootkit, the best of
Rustock.C and the experience of old Tdss variants. Result is an infection
that
is quickly spreading on the net and it is undetected by almost every
security
software and 3rd party anti rootkit software.

....currently [20 Nov-09] no antirootkit is able to bypass disk filtering
technique used by Tdss rootkit but, even if it was possible, this rootkit
could not be detected by file size cross check because file size of the
original and infected files are exactly the same.
</QP>
http://www.prevx.com/blog/139/Tdss-rootkit-silently-owns-the-net.html
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Ed Hall wrote:
> There seems to be a couple of variants being reported to the failure
> symptoms, some may be related to some particular Malware, some appear not
> be.
>
> For me (supporting a medium company, and of course family and friends home
> PC's, I have 3 out of 120 or so users so far reporting problems.
>
> First one was a Windows XP Home edition PC of a friend. Wouldn't reboot
> (BSOD) following the Windows update. Repaired using the setup programe to
> repair the previous installation. Now running health check routine for
> Malware / other faults, but at least PC now restarting reliably.
>
> Tomorrow will tackle two Windows XP Pro laptops reporting issues after
> Windows updates. One laptop failed to boot a few times but then started to
> work again. Still to contact user re the others symptoms.
>
> Ed.
> MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP.
>
> "David" wrote:
>
>> Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to
>> download
>> 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown,
>> went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it.  Later when I
>> attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the
>> desktop.  Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen
>> my PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before.
>> What kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!!
>> --
>> David

0
PA

Portfolio Update (Money 2004 Small Business)
When viewing my portfolio and choosing "Update Prices...Update Prices Online", my prices don't update. I have an Internet connection and Money IS able to get to the Internet for its other online features. When I check the updates summary, it says that "Money was unable to contact the online quotes server. Please check your Internet connection and try again.." My Internet connection is fine and I AM able to use Money's other online features (sign in with Passport, use the Money Browser, get to MSN.com via the toolbar link, research online) without problems. ...

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook #2
When a user tries to start Outlook 2002 they get this error: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed -We are using exchange 2000. -OWA does work for this user. -this just started happening and only affects this person. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected user's workstation? Have you tried creating a new profile for the user pointing at the same Exchange mailbox? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct ...

Citi Card not updating when starting Money 2006
I have a few credit cards and bank accounts set up for online updates. My Citi Card account is the only one where you can specify the frequency for updating. I have it set for "Every Day". When I first sign into Money 2006 in the morning it automatically performs an online update for all my cards and banks - except my Citi Card account. In order to update that account I have to do a manual update. I tried disabling online updates for the account and then enabling it again, however its still not updating automatically when I sign in. Anyone have a solution for this? ...

outlook installation
I have a big problem, I install outlook, but Outlook doesn't want to function. It says that i need Outlook express, and when i'm searching for Outlook express, it isn't on my XP PRO. I download IE6.0 and Outlook express, and when I'm installing it, It answers that it exists a more modern version. I'm going crazy. (I apologise about my english, but I'm french) ...

GP Dynamics 6.0 install.
I'm trying to install GP Dynamics 6.0 on a new machine without benefit of the installation cd. We've got licenses but have lost the cd. Does anyone have any pointers on installing on a new machine from an existing working installation, or any ideas on where to find a cd, or at least download the install files from the cd? Thanks! You might be able to get a replacement CD from MBS (800-456-0025). If you can find a partner in your area, it is possible that the partner has a Dynamics 6 CD. "twbanks" <twbanks@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1106163360.507333.1355...

[ANN] Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) released
Microsoft released Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) today just four months after its initial release and a little over a month since its Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 update. This is a major release and includes nearly 50 bug fixes and improvements for Entourage. This update is available through AutoUpdate or you can download from Mactopia. Although service packs (SP = "service pack") may sometimes include new features, such as Office 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) did for Exchange support, this one does not. Instead, it appears to be focused on stability and functionality. The big news is...

Pc Based Home Theater
Monster MCC AV100 Activity-based A/V Home Theater Controller Price:$279.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000CQPFCU Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000CQPFCU ...

Keep formatting PC to PC
I did the page formating from One PC. but when i open that document from another PC, there's formating have changed. so i wanna know, how to keep page formating, without changing the page sizes with the contents PC to PC? All depends of which version of Excel the PC have. Play it safe by formatting in the lowest version PC. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "chari" <chari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A2FEB7F-FE4A-49CF-862A-25D79086BC8F@microsoft.com... >I did the page formating from One PC. but when i open that document fro...

Is microsoft having a lottery in the united kingdom at this time,
Is microsoft having a lottery winning notification at this time and are they charging a fee for the delivery and insurance for the winning prize. 1. Wrong newsgroup, but I don't think there is a group for Microsoft scams. 2. You already know the answer to this question, don't you? If not, you really shouldn't have a computer with Internet access. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "lonerider01" <lonerider01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11E06343-7B33-44F7-BE9A-C110CC30BD01@microsoft.com... > Is microsoft having a lottery winn...

How do I set up Times New Roman / 12 as the default font / size
Microsoft Outlook: How do I set up Times New Roman / 12 as the default font / size "OldTimer" wrote: > Microsoft Outlook: > How do I set up Times New Roman / 12 as the default font / size On mail view, click on Tools, choose Options, Mail Format and then Fonts (usually Times New Roman is the default font) OldTimer <OldTimer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook: > How do I set up Times New Roman / 12 as the default font / size In which pane? Which version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Microsoft 2007
Question is 2007 Office off the market? Heard something was up and it was going to taken off the market. Thank you. Microsoft is making changes due to a law suit. They cannot sell Word in Texas until it is resolved. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Katelyn" <Katelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65B39216-45A1-4A83-ABF0-17B342041E0A@microsoft.com... > Question is 2007 Office off the market? Heard something was up and it was > going to taken off the market. &g...

Macrons
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When I use macrons (e.g. M&amp;#257;ori) in emails, the come up as question marks (?) at the other end if the user is on a PC. <br><br>Macrons translate fine between PC and Mac when using WORD, the problem is only with Entourage. Is there a setting I migh missing? Any chance this issue could be resolved with Office 2008? On 2010-01-12 03:39:00 -0500, Dyanna@officeformac.com said: > When I use macrons (e.g. M&#257;ori) in emails, the come up as question > mark...

GP Install in Italy
Has anybody done an installation in Italy? ...

Adobe Install
After I Installed Adobe 6.0 Professional, I get the Following message when trying to send or reply to an email! A Program is trying to Access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? Does anyone have any Ideas? Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are affected by the security features. As a result, one of your add-ins needs updated to the latest version - antispam add-ins are a common cause although others are affected by the changes as well. Many add-ins were updated following the release of Outlook 2003 and sho...

Rounding numbers to nearest 0.12
Hi, I need excel to round numbers to the nearest 1/8th, 2.6 becomes 2.62, 2.41 becomes 2.37 etc. Can one of you gurus point me in the right direction. Many thanks, Rick Rick Sanderson wrote: > Hi, > I need excel to round numbers to the nearest 1/8th, > 2.6 becomes 2.62, > 2.41 becomes 2.37 etc. > > Can one of you gurus point me in the right direction. > Many thanks, > Rick MROUND job done If you'd rather not depend on the Analysis Toolpak Add-in, you could use: =ROUND(A1*8,0)/8 In article <3fac310a@news.greennet.net>, "Rick Sanderson"...

microsoft money express 2002
I keep getting the heading windows installer on my pc then it says that it is unable to close microsoft money express 2002 and that I will need to do it.This message will not go away can someone help me make it go away ...

Want Just Outlook
I have an old, but servicable version of Office (97 I think) - but I want an updated version of Outlook - at least 2003 - can I get just Outlook? And does Microsoft update that for free? See my reply to your above post. --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "ddlba" <ddlba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C6953D35-F8EE-4A87-847D-2BD5F2130367@microsoft.com... >I have an old, but servicable version of Office (97 I think) - but I = want an=20 > updated ver...

Microsoft Outlook Web Access Email, Spell check function failing
Hello, Recently, in the last month, when I send email using my business's webmail, the spellchek function tries to run, but then says it cannot function at this time. I go ahead and send the emails anyway. I asked the administrator about this, and he said he knew nothing about it. He suggested I use the Google tool bar with the spell check to check my outgoing messages, but I cannot see how to do that, since when I activate that it does not refer to the outgoing message window. Does anyone have an idea as to why spellcheck is failing for me all of a sudden? This happens what...

office 4.2.1b installation problem
Hello, I have a copy of office for mac version 4.2.1b, and an imac 350. I am having a problem installing from the setup program. I believe I had this problem when I first installed the program, but can't remember how I remedied the situation. I read the readme before installation file, which said to remove all of the parts of office before installing new parts, or reinstalling the whole thing new. I had word installed, but had taken off powerpoint and excel, because they had compatibility problems with the operating systems or other applications that I have installed, and I didn't us...

Outlook 2003 is printing date, even when headers and footers are 'clean'
Hello! I have a client with Outlook 2003. On some of the received emails, there's always a date printed on bottom left corner, no matter that I have cleaned all the headers and footers field, defined new styles, etc. While I'm writing this, my colleague found that only HTML emails are printed with date, on Rich-text formatted mails, there is no date printed. I've even tried to delete MSOHTMED.EXE, but after restarting Outlook, a new file is created and I don't think that there are any available settings. I've read that this file is used by Outlook to handle HTML messages....

CRM Installation 05-15-07
Crm install alerts me that The editon 'Workgroup edition' of the specified sql server is not supported by this sql ServerReporting Services installation. Support editions are enterprise and standard edition. Anyone any idea's, Install SQL Server standard or Enterprise with a lawful license key and run Reporting Services from there. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "Niall L.E.T.S LTD" wrote: > Crm install alerts me that The editon 'Workgroup edition' of the specified > sql server is not supported by this sql ServerReporting Services &g...

MS RMS POS with HQ installed
Is there any way to set up two stores so that when one store creates an item for their location, it will not create that item in the other stores database when they connect to the HQ or if they both have the same item it will not alter that items properties at the other store. Thank you -- Jim ...

pc
vielleicht gehts jetzt wieder mama ...

Money 2004 Wont Install
I can't get Money 2004 to install on my PC. Whenever I try to run setup, it hangs on the window that says "One moment please. Money is checking for components and disk space..." Task manager says the process is Not Responding. I've rebooted a dozen times. I've uninstalled Money 2003. I've copied the whole CD to my hard disk and tried to run from there. I am running Windows XP SP1 with all the latest patches. How can I get Money to install? Thanks for any info. This "not responding" condition does not immediately mean there is a problem. You may ne...

why is microsoft word word 2007,saying expired when i just instal
hi, i just installed microsoft word 2007 trial for 60 days yesterday, when i open it and a page comes up saing it has expired n convert to full one Is the the first time you installed the trial? You only get one trial. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "qumar...