MSE Update

I had an update to the Microsoft Security Essentials this morning and I want
to confirm the latest version.

Thanks for your help.

The version I have installed is:

Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1963.0

0
WSR

WSR wrote:
> I had an update to the Microsoft Security Essentials this morning
> and I want to confirm the latest version.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> The version I have installed is:
>
> Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1963.0

General webpage about Security Essentials at Microsoft...
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

The latest defnitions for Security Essentials:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Definitions/ADL.aspx
 or
http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Definitions/HowToMSE.aspx

As for the MSE installation itself:
http://clubhouse.microsoft.com/Public/Post/7bc1253e-b75c-48e3-93cd-c513ff2ea2fd
 which might direct you to:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975959

And given the timeliness of your posting and information you have given
(such as the version of MSE you are supposedly running) and comparing it to
the information above - your versions match and unless one was released
today - you cannot get any newer *right now*.

All of the above was gleamed from Internet searching - I don't even run (nor
do I normally recommend) Microsoft Security Essentials.  I searched like
this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+the+latest+version+of+Microsoft+Security+Essentials

And the 8th hit caught my eye pretty quickly while scanning over them -
mostly because of the date combined with the title.  Quickly scanning it led
directly to the KB Article link.

As for the rest of the posting - I just assumed the web page for such things
would be the main Microsoft web page with the product name after it - no
spaces of course and no need to repeat the name "microsoft" since it would
be part of the main domain/web page address already.  I did not put the
underscore in the original web page address - it was done for me after
typing (http://www.microsoft.com/securityessentials/ -->
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/ .)  Nothing too difficult or
mysterious.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
6/29/2010 12:35:16 PM
Ask here instead:

Microsoft Security Essentials Support Forums
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/mse

WSR wrote:
> I had an update to the Microsoft Security Essentials this morning and I
> want
> to confirm the latest version.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> The version I have installed is:
>
> Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1963.0

0
PA
6/30/2010 12:25:06 AM
"WSR" <wsr203@hughes.net> schrieb:

> I had an update to the Microsoft Security Essentials this morning and I want
> to confirm the latest version.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> The version I have installed is:
>
> Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1963.0

That's the latest public release, yes.

Bye,
Freudi
0
Ottmar

KB951847 update failures for .NET Framework Family Ver 2
My issue started about a month ago when the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 security update failed. I had ver. 1, 1.1, 2, 3 and 3.5 installed. I followed the info in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 but when I attempted to reinstall the versions I previously had I couldn't get past Ver. 1.1 SP1. Ver. 2 I then found http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/466a006f-ab47-4bba-a625-b221681c77b8/ Which allowed the install of Ver.2 but not the SPs nor Ver 3 or 3.5 the ones my software ...

Automatic Online Updates?
I guess I have two questions. First of all, I'm new to money and I went ahead and hooked up my checking account to it and it seemed to work fine (in essential mode). But then after reading some, I decided to change my account to "Advanced" because I wanted to be able to split up transactions to fit my budget categories. Now I can't figure out how to get it to connect (do I have to start all over?) And also, do I have to use "Advanced" account register to categorize transactions and be able to split the transaction up? Thanks in advance for any help You can ...

Pivot Table Update?
I have an existing pivot table that works OK - but I want it to recognise and automatically update when a new line of data is input - how can I do this? -- ajames ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ajames's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=514328 Use a dynamic range name--one that grows and contracts with your data. See Debra Dalgeish's site for some nice tips: http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Then all you'll hav...

Disabing unwanted Office2007 updates in Windows update
Office 2007 was "half" pre-installed on a Laptop I own. (Asking you to register/purchase when you attempt to use or open any file with a registered office extension). I uninstalled the product and spent hours cleaning up the registry as best I could removing remnants the uninstall left behind. The Laptop is fine now but every couple of days or so, The Windows update software asks me to install "recommended" updates to Office2007. I say "No" so not to revert to the undesired delivered behavior, not waste disk space, etc. Is there a way to turn ...

Program Freezes After Updating
My Outlook Express version 5.5 (IE 5.5)was working fine until I downloaded the recommnended updates from Microsoft. OE opens and can retrieve messages, but the program freezes whenever I try to reply to an email or update my address book. I then have to use the Task Manager because the program stops responding. Interestingly, I can open my address book and update it if I access the file by drilling down through C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\UserMPS.wab. I've tried upgrading to IE6 and OE6, but it didn't work. I've tried uninstalling Outlook, but it ...

Troubleshooting Update article: HOW INSTALLING APPLE'S UPDATES CAN RENDER YOUR MAC UNBOOTABLE AND HOW YOU CAN PREVENT IT
Maybe this will shed some light on the problems some users are experiencing. Posted on the Unsanity Blog: <http://unsanity.org/> March 16, 2007 SHOCK AND AWE: HOW INSTALLING APPLE'S UPDATES CAN RENDER YOUR MAC UNBOOTABLE AND HOW YOU CAN PREVENT IT Yes, I am fully aware that I just told every one to update to Mac OS X 10.4.9 and I know this may be construed as me telling people not to. When you see the "Optimizing System Performance" phase of a software update, Mac OS X is really updating prebinding. Updating prebinding has a very, very nasty bug in it (look at _dyld_up...

Failed Update
My computer (AMD 64) running Vista Home Premium is continually trying to install the following update and failing with the following information. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x64 Installation status: Failed Error details: Code 800F0818 Windows Update encontured an unknown error Any Help? I got a failure too but different error code: 0x8007064C "Apache6" <Apache6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23AD1D99-00E0-4C7A-BA5E-37B2979AE11B@microsoft.com... > My computer (AMD ...

MSE and e-mail
I am getting an error message no. 0X800CCC0F and after reviewing other questions and answers, thought I should disable the virus checker for my e-mail. I am using Microsoft Security Essentials, but cannot find the location to disable the virus checker on e-mail. Can you help? Thanks. -- Moose MSE has nothing to disable because by design it doesn't scan emails. That's not the complete error message. Right-click on your error = message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. The error number by i...

Update in progress #2
Hello, I recently set up Money 2005 and online access to several accounts. Online updates worked fine the first few days, but now when I try to update I get the "update in progress" error. I've tried to disable/enable online access, but I can no longer set up any online services. When I try to do so, I get an error message saying: "To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is cleared." I am signing in with my passport when I start money and am not checking t...

updating value's with 2 workbooks?
What I'm trying to do is have a cumulitive number from 1 unsave worksheet to a saved worksheet. Basically, I'll open up 2 worksheet when I start, (FILE A), and (FILE B)IE: (FILE A) has Cell a1 which i 5, 5 needs to be transfered over to (FILE B) cell a1. (FILE B) will b saved when im done and (FILE A) will be printed and closed. (FILE B Needs to sum the totals and keep a record of previous totals. example - day 1 FILE A, cell a1 = 5 FILE B, cell a1 = 5 _FILE_B,_cell_a2_=_5_ day 2 FILE A, cell a1 = 7 FILE B, cell a1 = 7 add 5+7 = 13 _FILE_B,_cell_a2_=_13_ day 3 FILE A, cell a1 = 4 F...

Microsoft updates
I have my updates to automatically install, for the past few weeks, it says updates are ready for your computer and I click on install and it doesn't do anything. Looking for a quick fix, Thanks, -- donnaclaire ------------------------------------------------------------------------ donnaclaire's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/156646.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1273590.htm http://forums.techarena.in "donnaclaire" <donnaclaire.41yxnb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:donnaclaire.41yxnb@DoNotSpam...

should I install MSE?
I am using XP 5.1 with service pack 3 - outlook express 6. I am using AVG 9.0 - Adware 8.1, spybot and spyware blaster. I could use some advice please - should I remove all of these programs, or some of these programs and install Microsoft's Security essentials (MSE). I have researched on the computer and see good comments about MSE. IF I do take off the programs I have and install MSE do I also need Microsoft Defender. Thank you in advance for your help. Cindy Already answered, please dont multi post "Cindy" <cinb@suddenlink.net> wrote i...

Excel Spreadsheets formulas don't update
Can anyone suggest how my formula are in active suddenly. If I had 1+1+2, and change one of the numbers to 1+2, I still get 2 in the sum. not knowing what your formula is but check Tools / Options / Calculations and Automatic should be checked -- grizz "GGirl" wrote: > Can anyone suggest how my formula are in active suddenly. If I had 1+1+2, and > change one of the numbers to 1+2, I still get 2 in the sum. ...

Updating drivers
When I go to device manager I tried to do a driver update and all the devices say they are currently up to date when I search online. I only did this when I tried to different programs that I saw online to see if you have outdated drives. 2 different driver scans shows 20 out of 38 drivers are out of date and told me what they were. One was my Toshiba disk drive mk3252gsx , which the driver shows last driver install was 6/21/06. So I go to Intel and download the Intel Driver Update Utility. They tell me to go to Toshiba's website and they say go to Intel? Please help. Do I buy...

outlook 2002 updates?
Is there a Outlook 2002 link that searches for installed and needed updates? When I utilize Windows Update and Microsoft Office Downloads (also have XP), Outlook never seems to get any updates. I just updated all my programs thru Office Update. Is there another URL that is available for Outlook or are the updates downloaded thru Office Update and I don’t see them. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. James AFAIK, all Outlook updates should come through the Office Update site. You can check the following page and make sure you didn't miss anything for Outlook 2002: http://www.slipstick....

Push v9 update?
We are running v7.5 eenterprise and are planning and testing the upgrade to v9.0. Will we be able to push the new version out to every client, or will it be necessary to visit each client separately? It would expect to be able to push v9 service packs and upgrades after the initial upgrade, but what about the 1st one? Also, are there any known problems if v7.5 client folder is left on the PC? This especially applies to testing, where we would like to allow users to test against the 9.0 test server but keep v7.5 for production work, until testing is completed. Thanks, Reid What w...

Can't Update or Install/Uninstall Silverlight
Microsoft says I need some updates to Silverlight. I can't use the updates (error code 64C), I can't uninstall or Install it (the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.) What should I do? Download it manually from Microsoft Downloads and install http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/resources/install.aspx?v=2.0 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. <PeoplesChoice@Chicago.net> wrote in message news:1v01o51o9d9pk9emihdl7luspv7gvlbgml@4...

Task Update History
Hi! We use MS Project 2007 and we are having an issue getting resources to report their hours every day. Is there a history report that would show us the history of which days each resource reported their time? Thank you! Stacey Sorry but Project Server 2007 does not have those kind of detailed logging capabilities. Are you using My Timesheets or My Tasks or both? If you are using My Timesheets, you might be able to create an SSRS or Data Analysis report that shows which days the resources have reported hours against. Jonathan "Stacey" <Stacey@discuss...

Terminal Updates
Greetings -- I recently upgraded to the trial version of Money 2006 since 2005 was crashing on me constantly. I find that the update process never completes. I can't get the system to stop updating so that I can turn off the replication process. I don't want my data on the microsoft site, but I can't tell it to stop putting it there or to remove it until this never ending process ends. Any ideas??? Yes, my data files are large. ...

Microsoft Update issues
the last automatic update restricted the access of network computers (users)to company internal website, printers, but not information on the server. User templates are "x" out with red x Any ideas how to remedy? Regards and thanks in advance We need a lot more info. What are the exact symptoms when access to network resources fails? Have you restarted the server since installing the updates? Any errors or warnings in the system or application logs on the server or workstations? Can you ping the server from the workstations and the workstations from the s...

OT: MSE
MS Update offered me an update/upgrade to Microsoft Security Essentials today, which I duly installed. Now showing: Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1963.0 Antimalware Client Version: 2.1.6805.0 Engine Version: 1.1.5902.0 I was interested to know what had been changed/added/fixed but there doesn't appear to be a "Version History" option. Have asked in MSE Forum but no reply as yet. Anybody know of a link that lists changes incorporated in the new version? Please go to Add/Remove Programs> Show Updates> Find the update about which the i...

Windows does not update
I have windows XP Pro set to automatic updates, however the updates are not installed. On manual update I get the following error: 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied. Can anyone help ? "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AE8406B-2A4C-48BD-8D88-AA97EF499CBF@microsoft.com... >I have windows XP Pro set to automatic updates, however the updates are not > installed. On manual update I get the following error: > > 403 - Forb...

Auto Update of Data... help please
Hello, I am preparing a MIS for my comp. I have a problem here. I have a monthly sheet and a daily sheet. Daily sheet is upated on a daily basis. now on the first day, both daily and monthly will have same numbers. On the second day I want the monthly to be -- First day data + today's daily data.... Is that possible...... Plz help Yes, but without specifics, it's difficult to be sure the answer I give you will be a good one, but I'll try. Assume daily totals on the 'Daily Sheet' are in column B and there is one entry per day using rows 2 through 32...

US Bank accounts not updating
Hi, I setup Money a few days ago and signed up through US Bank for Money updates on Sunday. On Monday evening when I added US Bank my accounts from there showed up. I select "Last 60 Days" of transactions but my accounts show a zero balance and no transactions. When I updated today, it said "Update successful" but still no transactions or balance. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Should I remove the accounts and add them again? Thanks for the help, RW ...

Windows Automatic Updates
Heretofore I have received notices when updates were available for Windows and Defender. I am now being offered updates for Office 2003. Is there a way that I can "revert" to only Windows security updates? "JD" <erehwon@example.com> wrote in message news:#S2KcvOlKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Heretofore I have received notices when updates were available for Windows > and Defender. I am now being offered updates for Office 2003. Is there a > way that I can "revert" to only Windows security updates? > You may have ena...