Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158) fails with 2010

I am running Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 on my laptop. For some reason
my machine keeps trying and failing to install Security Update for Microsoft
Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158).

The failure code reads: "WindowsUpdate_80070643" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Due to this problem, my work security policy will force me off the network
while working remotely.

How can I fix this problem? Especially since I am running 2010 and not 2007,
which is what the KB was written for.

See the "How to obtain help" section of, e.g.,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982158>

(1-866-727-2338; and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United
States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.
There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security
updates.  When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a
Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB982158).

Or you can...

Start a free Windows Update support incident email request:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527>

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following page for assistance:
https://consumersecuritysupport.microsoft.com/>

your usual support contacts.
--

"SenoritaC" wrote:

> I am running Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 on my laptop. For some reason
> my machine keeps trying and failing to install Security Update for Microsoft
> Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158).
>
> The failure code reads: "WindowsUpdate_80070643" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
>
> Due to this problem, my work security policy will force me off the network
> while working remotely.
>
> How can I fix this problem? Especially since I am running 2010 and not 2007,
> which is what the KB was written for.

When did you install Office PowerPoint 2010. Can you let us know

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"SenoritaC" <SenoritaC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 on my laptop. For some reason
> my machine keeps trying and failing to install Security Update for Microsoft
> Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158).
>
> The failure code reads: "WindowsUpdate_80070643" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
>
> Due to this problem, my work security policy will force me off the network
> while working remotely.
>
> How can I fix this problem? Especially since I am running 2010 and not 2007,
> which is what the KB was written for.

0
Peter
6/17/2010 8:41:07 PM
Sorry to hijack but I have the same problem.
I bought the lenovo laptop last month and it did not come with office. I
installed 2010 professional retail version and was asked to update powerpoint
2007.

However it always fails. Please help.

Pearly wrote:
> Sorry to hijack but I have the same problem.
> I bought the lenovo laptop last month and it did not come with
> office. I installed 2010 professional retail version and was asked
> to update powerpoint 2007.
>
> However it always fails. Please help.

Uninstall PowerPoint Viewer.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
6/25/2010 8:16:36 AM
I had the same problem on two brand new Lenovo PC's. Theyboth came with
Office 2007 trial installed. I removed office components that were installed
with the trial and the problem went away. Perhaps the best solution is to
remove all old office before installing 2010

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Pearly wrote:
> > Sorry to hijack but I have the same problem.
> > I bought the lenovo laptop last month and it did not come with
> > office. I installed 2010 professional retail version and was asked
> > to update powerpoint 2007.
> >
> > However it always fails. Please help.
>
> Uninstall PowerPoint Viewer.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>      MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>

> .

Yeah I had the trial on my laptop but did not run it. Guess 2007 was
partially installed.

Since I ran 2010, guess its now impossible to remove its partial components.
Guess I will have to ignore it.

Found a MS tool that cleans up office components but it is not applicable to
win 7.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us

"vacavfan" wrote:

> I had the same problem on two brand new Lenovo PC's. Theyboth came with
> Office 2007 trial installed. I removed office components that were installed
> with the trial and the problem went away. Perhaps the best solution is to
> remove all old office before installing 2010
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
> > Pearly wrote:
> > > Sorry to hijack but I have the same problem.
> > > I bought the lenovo laptop last month and it did not come with
> > > office. I installed 2010 professional retail version and was asked
> > > to update powerpoint 2007.
> > >
> > > However it always fails. Please help.
> >
> > Uninstall PowerPoint Viewer.
> >
> > --
> > Shenan Stanley
> >      MS-MVP
> > --
> > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
> >

> > .

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office´┐Ż98 Macintosh Edition Entourage´┐Ż2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

Linking tasks in MS Project 2007
roI have copied 5 tasks from a project and linked them in a consolidated project using the 'Paste Special' command. This almost works well because any changes I make to the tasks in the original project are reflected in the consolidated project except the % complete shown in the indicators column. For some reason, when I make any changes to the % complete in the original project, the changes arent reflected in the consolidated project (and vice versa). I'm presuming that % complete should be updated like any other field therefore any help would be appreciated. -- s...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

"dpm 2007" library shows "Missing:1" for a slot in quantum superlo
I have reinstalled the entire OS/DPM 2007 setup, but despite this, i'm still "missing" a slot in library.. slot 9 of my quantum dlt-s4 superloader 3. I've emptied that slot in the library just to make sure.. Does anyone know what would cause this and how to fix it? I'm on 2008 r2 x64 ( was on plain 2008 x64 before, no change).. Thanks I tried all of your suggestions, but #9 is still missing. (Note, again, that i had wiped the C drive and reinstalled 2007 dpm, as well as upgraded to 2010, all to no avail). I'm still thinking it may be a bad cart...

BDL and Office 2003 Standard
Hi, I installed BDL in my workstation (Windows XP SP2, Firewall disabled) with Office 2003 Standard edition. The toolbar "Insert From CRM" shows, but when I click it, nothing happens. No task pane shows for CRM entities, though my task pane is visible. Does anyone experienced the same dilemma? Please advise. ...

Outlook 2007 Autopick Next
I was looking for autopick next in Outlook 2007 and couldn't find it. However, after googling I found a couple of sources that have a screen shot of the Scheduling Assistant screen that show an Autopick Next button in the lower left corner ( same place as 2003). I do not have this button on my screen. Am I missing something, was something changed before Outlook 2007 was released or ............? Thanks for your help! Are you sure the screenshot was for 2007? On the appointment form, it's on the right side, http://www.xsolive.com/Outlook%20Screen%20shots/suggest.png Actions, Plan a m...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

out of office assistant not working
hi.. i have set out of office assistant from the EXCHANGE SERVER2000and from the client side outlook too..but its still not working,when i sent an e-mail locally.it does not says the person is not in the office.it goes to the inbox.. any ideas ...

Money 2007 Locks up when trying to reconcile account
Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops responding. I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Have you tried File|Repair? "dandrzej" <dandrzej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DF46789-461F-4C77-968D-CD5CE1A24E0F@microsoft.com... > Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops > responding. > I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Thanks, I believed that worked. "Dick Watson" wrote: > Have you tried File|Repair? > &...

size of large icons in 2007 Ribbon
What is the expected size of the image to be used in the "large" ribbon controls? I searched around but didn't find it in the docs. Thanks! Hi, I believe its, Normal = 16 x 16 Large = 32 x 32 Cheers Andy On 09/02/2010 05:22, E. Alex Davis wrote: > What is the expected size of the image to be used in the "large" ribbon > controls? I searched around but didn't find it in the docs. Thanks! ...

AutoReply Out Of Office Messages
In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first message sent to that person. I seem to remember a setting to recieve it with every message, while the out of office is on. Anyone know where??????? Shawn C <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto > reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first > message sent to that person. That's the way it's supposed to work. -- Brian Tillman ...

how to download office 2003 web components
when I will try to access data analysis page and there is message to download office 2003 web components . but it is downloading to late in network from project server 2007. I want it separately then copy at the team member computer and install there directly . i dont want to download from project server 2007 server . Kindly tell me the location of these components . Sam: A simple Google search would answer this question. See: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7287252C-402E-4F72-97A5-E0FD290D4B76&displaylang=en -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT,...

Cannot drag and drop any files (doc, ppt, xls) into outlook 2007 e
I have recently updated my pc with Win7 (from XP) and I use MS Office Pro 2007. I have my Outlook configured and have been using it for a few days now but since I upgraded, I have difficulty managing file attachments when trying to send email. I send files often to coworkers by dragging a document into the body of an email. This no longer works and I get the symbol of the circle and line through it. HOWEVER, it works manually if I go through the steps using the paperclip button to attach files. It does work between emails though. I can create a new email and drag at...

Microsoft Promo

Publisher 2007 Beta 2 with pdf add-on
I am a newsletter editor for a very simple monthly newsletter and I am pleased that I can send my letters out in pdf format so eveyone with a computer can read the letter with the Adobe reader. I think I am going to leave well-enough alone and not do anything to jepordize this feature until I can buy the final copy whenever it comes out. Will anything happen automatically to the Beta 2 version of office to prevent me from using the pdf feature in Publisher before the final product hits the streets? I am learning a lot from this discussion group--thanks to all of you. Depends on when...

Can not turn Out of Office autoreply off
I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! I can not find any information on how to disable it now. Help greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance... "rdlari" <rdlari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA44F8F9-3C34-4800-95D8-238EEB6551EF@microsoft.com... >I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. > > I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! > I can not find any information on how to ...

microsoft XL

removing office 2003
Our nonprofit was donated a computer with Office professional 2003. We do not have the installation source. How can I get it out of computer. Remove program does not work, message says "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it". Microsoft apparently doesn't want us to use the program but will not allow us to remove it and replace with genuine copy! Help! Donor has been non responsive. ...

Possible issue when migrating Office to a new system?
About a week ago, my office received two brand new Quad-core MacPros. Gorgeous pieces of machinery. I, being one of the only ones in our office with any sort of professional Mac IT background (mainly just setting up new machines for users and transferring their old files to their new computer through a backup server) my boss allowed me to set up her new computer. This is when the fun began. I successfully partitioned and reinstalled Tiger onto the computer, and installed all the necessary software. When it came time to transfer the files, I used Apple's Migration Assistant, and copied ove...