Microsoft .net Framework update

For the last two days the computer has been trying to add a new update
"Mircosoft .NET Framwork 1.1 SP1" on my computer.  Currently I have SP3
loaded and working with Windows XP professional.  It fails on the download,
fails on a install from re-start and fails from a direct internet install
ERROR Ox643.  What solutions do you have?

Bill

See and try the following. If issue still persists post back
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-80070643
--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For the last two days the computer has been trying to add a new update
> "Mircosoft .NET Framwork 1.1 SP1" on my computer.  Currently I have SP3
> loaded and working with Windows XP professional.  It fails on the download,
> fails on a install from re-start and fails from a direct internet install
> ERROR Ox643.  What solutions do you have?

0
Peter
6/13/2010 1:50:06 PM
Bill wrote:
> For the last two days the computer has been trying to add a new
> update "Mircosoft .NET Framwork 1.1 SP1" on my computer.  Currently
> I have SP3 loaded and working with Windows XP professional.  It
> fails on the download, fails on a install from re-start and fails
> from a direct internet install ERROR Ox643.  What solutions do you
> have?

You mean "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1" I assume. ;-)  Are you sure on
what is being installed?  Is there an associated KB###### to go with the
title of what is being attempted?

This is not exactly *new* - it has been out there for several years
(8/30/2004) - so the first question I have is whether your Windows XP
Professional (32-bit) with Service Pack 3 system was recently rebuilt from
scratch (clean install)?

How to obtain Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885055

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A8F5654F-088E-40B2-BBDB-A83353618B38

If you use the second web link above to download and *save* the service pack
and then you follow these instructions:

This may seem like overkill - but you may have other underlying problems.
If you do all of the following - a few things should be more certain than
they were before you started...  Like you are unlikely to have any
major/known malware on your system, your Windows Update components will be
the latest versions and working properly, your hard disk drive should be
free of unknown problems and organized for best performance and describing
your issue should become easier - if it even still exists after all this.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download and run the MSRT manually:

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

*Run* this:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9666880
Following the wizard.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download/install this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

After installing, do the following:

Start button --> RUN --> type in:
  "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Installer Clean Up\msizap.exe" g!
--> Click OK.
(The quotation marks and percentage signs and spacing
 should be exact.)

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download the latest version of the Windows Update
agent from here (x86):
.... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive.  After saving
it to the root of the C:\ drive, do the following:

Close all Internet Explorer windows and other
applications.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
--> Click OK.

(If asked, select "Run.) --> Click on NEXT -->
Select "I agree" and click on NEXT --> When it
finishes installing, click on "Finish"...

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Visit this web page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

.... and click on the "Microsoft Fix it" icon.  When asked,
select "RUN", both times.  Check the "I agree" box and
click on "Next".  Check the box for "Run aggressive
options (not recommended)" and click "Next".  Let it
finish up and follow the prompts until it is done.
Close/exit.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

You should now perform a full CHKDSK on your
system drive (C:)...

  How to scan your disks for errors
  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265
  * will take time and a reboot

You should now perform a full Defragment on
your system drive (C:)...

  How to Defragment your hard drives
  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314848
  * will take time

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select
to do a CUSTOM scan...

Every time you are about to click on something while
at these web pages - first press and hold down the
CTRL key while you click on it.  You can release the
CTRL key after clicking each time.

Once the scan is done, select just _ONE_ of the high
priority updates (deselect any others) and install it.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

If it did work - try the web page again - selecting no
more than 3-5 at a time.  Rebooting as needed.

The Optional Software updates are generally safe
 - although I recommend against the
"Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live"
ones or "Windows Live" ones for now.  I would
completely avoid the Optional Hardware updates.
Also - I do not see any urgent need to install
Internet Explorer 8 at this time.

Come back - let us know.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan

automatic updates now required??
I keep automatic updates turned off. I just went to update site and was not allowed to proceed. I got error 0x8DDD0018. It tells me I have to have Automatic Updates running. Is this now true? Previously I always did my updates manually. XP Service Pack 3 Absolutely not. It is strongly recommended to stop all updates on Windows XP because M$ updates post SP3 are designed to sabotage your system so that you buy Windows 7. If you want to install a specific update, then you need to know the KB # and then go to Microsoft website and search for it. You could use Microsoft Update C...

Money Updates: "Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMRTINET.ini').
My M04 has not been doing Money Updates (other parts of update are doing so: quotes, accounts) for a month now. The Call Summary for Money Updates says Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMTINET.INI'). Out of curiosity I looked for such a file name on the computer--none. We have two accounts on Money. The other account is NOT encountering any such problem--Money Updates are working fine for it. No changes for either account of any seeming relevance preceded the loss of updates on the one account. Questions: (1) Does anyone know how to fix this? (2) Thes...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

combo box to update record via form
I have a combo box that displays the EmployeeID, FirstName, and LastName from the Employee Table. The user is to pick the employee and I want the ID stored in the DataEntry table. The combo box pulls all of the employees from their table via the following query associated with the combo box SELECT tblEmployeeInformation.[Last Name], tblEmployeeInformation. [First Name], tblEmployeeInformation.[Employee ID] FROM tblEmployeeInformation ORDER BY tblEmployeeInformation.[Last Name]; I have the bound column for that combo box set to 3 yet the table always updates with the employees last name. How ...

M00
Hi, all When I update stock prices from the Internet, I get two messages: Component Update: The Internet, banking or brokerage server could not process the request. Please try your call later. (SMC) Money was unable to retrieve currency exchange rates for Euro... The stock prices seem to update correctly. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of these messages? Cheers - rick ...

Microsoft Promo

can i get my e-mail from cox.net on outlook express?
I want to be able to click on outlook and get my e-mails from my cox.net e-mail account. Can anyone help? "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E8B6B2F-172A-4B56-8836-2CBEAF510CF6@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to click on outlook and get my e-mails from my cox.net > e-mail account. Can anyone help? Sure. Cox can help. Read their help web pages for the setup info to define an e-mail account. Or call them (you are paying them, right?, so why not ask THEM?). Subject says "Outlook Express". Body says "Outlook"...

Update in Progress Message
When I update my accounts, 4 of them update without an issue but 2 of them never update and always have an Update in Process under the To Review column. I also get an update not Complete in the pop-up status. Does anyone know a way to get past this issue. I did successfully update these accounts once before. One of them is a new account since upgrading and another is one that I merged 2 accounts into. I think maybe these 2 accounts that are not updating are using Yodlee to get access to them versus more of a direct connection through money. I only say this because they were accounts that ...

Updating workbooks by adding elements of other workbooks?
One of the things that has been a problem in the past is how to transfer improvements in one workbook to a completely different one. The challenge with the current workbook project I'm working on is that unfortunately, I have to maintain two separate books. Though the format is identical, the vlookup tables, I believe that's what they're called, or sheets etc., are drastically different. So much easier if I just had one, but there you are. What happen is that the main sheet needs some major editing sometimes while the rest of the workbook must remain exactly the same. I know th...

microsoft XL

asp.net, windows 7, and a return of the BSOD
I spent years and years using Windows XP without *ever* seeing a BSOD. I honestly thought these things were a thing of the past. Now I see one, or have my machine simply lock up hard, nearly every day and it only happens when I have just started an ASP.Net project in debug mode. The recovery tool kicks in on reboot but it always comes up with "no known cause" as the reason for the crash. This worries me because it suggests that MS isn't getting any meaningful feedback on the problem, which in turn means that I may experience this problem indefinitely. Has anyone ...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...

microsoft outlook and microsoft project
I install MS Outlook 2003, and also MS Project 2007. When I online MS Outlook, any time when there is message come in my mail box. Window display " Microsoft config gathering ms project information" Is it an installer window or a project dialog box? If installer, the Microsoft installer program is corrupt. Try Detect and Repair in Outlook or Project to stop it or just let it run and complete. If it's a project dialog box, you have some addin doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www....

Microsoft SQL...
We are using W23K Server, Exchange 2003 SP1, Backup Exec 10.0. We purchased the Exchange Agent and are using it. Recently, when the backup runs it skips 22 files, which are in use. These are the files for Microsoft SQL. In a disaster recover scenario where we reinstall W23K, Exchange and restore the Exchange data / mailboxes from tape, do we need to have the SQL backed up or would it be reinstalled with Exchange / Backup Exec? Any advice would be appreciated. THANK YOU in advance! you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box? why is that? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Allan" ...

microsoft money loosing VAT content in split catogory withdrawl
Hi I have money 2000 and file VAT returns with the information it provides. I just discovered that if I have a split catogory withdrawl the VAT component is blank (greyed out) and is not in report. Can any one help with this problem thanks Gary ...