malicious software removel tool will not install on domain pcs

Under SBS 2008 sp2, the malicious software removel tool x64 (KB890830) will
not install on domain pcs...
It just sits in the "updates in Progress" section of the SBS console, and
never gets deployed.
Is there something that might be preventing its deployment? Is there any way
it communicates the difficulties?

Recognizing this was in the wrong group, I reposted at
microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services

jrl wrote:
> Under SBS 2008 sp2, the malicious software removel tool x64 (KB890830) will
> not install on domain pcs...
> It just sits in the "updates in Progress" section of the SBS console, and
> never gets deployed.
> Is there something that might be preventing its deployment? Is there any way
> it communicates the difficulties?
disable automatic updates go to windows update page and download and
install from there.  Then re enable automatic updated.  I asked the same
  question and did not find a solution that worked from this group.
0
Rick

Anyone know of any Outlook to Lotus Notes Migration tools??
We are considering switching from Notes R5 and R6 to MS Outlook. Does anyone know of any tools that would be helpful in migrating to Outlook? Thanks, John ...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

How to install the themes and stationary
I just bought Outlook 2007 and it states that themes in the stationary section is not installed. I would like to install this but can not find where or how to do this. Thanks in advance for your help. For themes and stationery, you need to have the entire office suite, not just outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EM...

Can't install sp2 :(
Hi i have already deployed exch 2003, it is working as it should be. Now i want to install sp2 on my fron-end and then back-end servers. But when i star the update programm it tell me: The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" could not be assigned the action "Update" because: - The NNTP component of IIS is either not installed or disabled Before i installed Exchange i installed NNTP via Add/Remove Windows Components. Server 2003 R2 32bit, latest updates, Microsoft Windows Server Update Services v3.0 beta, DNS server.. What should i ...

money 2005 install error
I have two account on xp pro sp2, Administrator and my user account which is an Administrator account. Before the Money 2005 Deluxe install starts, it alerts with an error that I must sign on with power user or administrator privileges??? I have logged on directly as Administrator and still get the error. Created a new admin account, same error?? Any ideas?? well, who would have though microsoft hard coded the "Program Files" directory into the install checks? Since I have my program files on a different partition I had to create a dummy "Program Files" folder on t...

Get Organized with Free Project Management Software
Hi All, Wait for a few more days and you will come to know that project drive is going to announce big news on uses of the Free Project Management Software uses and how will it serve better than other one. I hope, so far they have given you best services, which could have fulfilled your expectations to manage your software. Here, I'm sharing that if anyone still wants to be a part of Project Drive, then try out their Free Trial on Project Management Software and enjoy by having courteous services provided by Project Drive itself. Community website: http://www.project-driv...

CETK &Remote tools connection
Hi All, I am using Windows CE 6 /VS 2005 and ARM platform (samsung 6410).I built image and sdk using PB.Failed to use platform builder remote tools/CETK ,as none of my CE 6 sdk's installed are displayed in devices list.Only my previous versions of (CE 5.0) sdk's are displayed.When I tried to use Visual Studio Remote tools (Remote file viewer,Registry Viewer etc)its displaying all my devices/sdks.Could you please help us to resolve this issue ,as it help us to use CETK from platform builder. Thanks in advance. Sam On 29 June, 06:29, sam <u...@msgroups.net/> wrote: > Hi All, ...

Only one tool: Rip a DVD, convert video, backup iPod, make iPhone Ringtone
This guide aims to show you how to rip a DVD, convert video and transfer music between iPod and computer/two iPod, make your own iPhone ringtone.All you need is [URL="http://www.mobi32.com/DVD-Tools/Aiseesoft-DVD-Software-Toolkit.html"][B]Aiseesoft DVD Software Toolkit[/B][/URL]It includes 4 parts:[B]Part 1. How to rip DVD to iPod/iPhone/Sansa/PSP/Zune and other MP4 and MP3 Players. [/B][B]Part 2. How to convert all video to MP4, AVI, FLV, 3GP, WMV, MOV, MPG, RM, RMVB, MKV, VOB?[/B][B]Part 3. How to transfer music from iPod to computer, computer to iPod, iPod to iPod. [/B][B]Part 4. ...

mail client not prperly installed
i cannot return an email from a website; must copy down email adress and write a new letter; help please; you mean the mailto links don't work? Do you get an error message? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exc...

2008 Terminal Server on SBS2003 domain
I’m trying to implement a 2008 Terminal Server on an SBS 2003 domain. I found that the connect server wizard did not work. I manually added the 2008 server to the sbs2003 domain. I setup and configured terminal service licensing with no problems I setup all applications with no problems. However, when we started testing from a remote office we receive an error - The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship. Could anyone help with this issue? me wrote: >I’m trying to implement a 2008 Terminal Server on an SBS ...

Microsoft Sale$15.99up Computers ,Software,Hardware,Visual,Gaming
Microsoft Sale$15.99up Computers ,Software,Hardware,Visual,Gaming http://microsofthelper.itgo.com/ From $15.99 - up Computers,Note Books,Software,Hardware,Gaming,Visual,PDA's and more Free shipping and handling for a limited time! Brand new store! GREAT COMPUTER DEALS! http://microsofthelper.itgo.com/ Closing thread -- Phil Melek Microsoft Corp. ...

How to change the Configuration Domain Controller in powershell
Hello, I know that you can change the Configuration Domain Controller in Exchange Management Console but not how to set that for powershell. If I use powershell he always uses by default a domain controller from another site, causing seriously performance problems. Thanks a lot in advance PS. I use HyperV to test a configuration with different sites, maybe that is causing problems in the automatical Most EMS commands have a -DomainController switch that allows you to specify the DC you want the command executed against. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good...

error msg to run inbox repair tool
Pointing to ext of .pst file and there are no .pst files in the system. Pointers seem to be off, error is giving me the path is not correct, do I reload Outlook? I cannot determine where the system is looking for the files, nor can I find where I modify the search path. I am currently running Outlook Express w/no problem. Problem seemed to have come up when downloading upgrades. My current ISP says it is Microsoft problem, any suggestions? ...

large text amount in cell will not display in the cell
With a large amount of text in a cell, word wrap enabled, row autofit enabled, column width 81.71, only 12 lines of text will display. The total text will display in the formula bar. I can manually increase the row height, but the additional text will not display. How do I increase the amount of text displayed in an individual cell? Thanks. -- dbelch01 Add some manual (forced) line breaks - <Alt> <Enter> - at some appropriate places. This will increase the amount of displayed text. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondenc...

CCSRCH tool on Exchange Mailboxes
CCSRCH tool on Exchange Mailboxes. This tool is suppose to go though files to see if there is credit card information in mailboxes. Has anyone had to run a tool like this? ...

How to Microsoft Publisher 2000 install with XP
How do I install Microsoft Publisher from the total Office 2000 CD on my new laptop running XP Professional? I need full instructions. From what has been stated here in the past, put CD #2 in the CD drive and follow the instructions. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Bev" <Bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3E6D722-A5B2-49E7-9BC6-1DC958BB5A15@microsoft.com... > How do I install Microsoft Publisher from the total Office 2000 CD on my > new > laptop running XP Professional? I need full instructions. ...

Web Browser Control on MFC View will crash application when view is destroied after loading XML file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C61216.9AE57FB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dynamically create an web browser control and put it on a view in a MDI = application. Navigate the control to a XML file on the local machine, = with style sheets in the same directory. Then, after closing the view, = the application will crash in about 2 minutes. And it consistantly = throws an exception at this line in wincore.cpp // call original wndproc for default handling if (bCallDefault) lRes...

CRM Outlook Client Installation
I try to Install the CRM Outlook Client. After the installation, the CD Installation show next message: Action Error Microsoft.CRm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction. Exception the Result: 0xFFFFFFFF I have the same problem. Can anyone help please. "Daniel" wrote: > I try to Install the CRM Outlook Client. After the installation, the CD > Installation show next message: > > Action Error Microsoft.CRm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction. > Exception the Result: 0xFFFFFFFF ...

My XP Installation died -- can I recover my Outlook data?
Hi, My Windows XP Home SP2 won't boot anymore. I've tried a few things but haven't been able to start Windows. My question is how can I salvage my Outlook 2003 data? I can use a boot-from-CD Knoppix Linux disk to copy my files from my laptop's hard drive to an external hard drive. I would like to know: where can I find my Outlook folders so I can copy them onto the hard drive? I would like to try to salvage my address book, mail, calendar, etc. Is there any hope for my situation? Thanks in advance for any advice! Josh Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipst...

Internal messages bouncing after server\domain migration
Greetings, Any message created under the old domain bounces on reply because Exchange is trying to use the old AD info to route the message. Is there a way to safely change this? This will be a non-issue after all the old threads are exhausted, but it is a pain to have to readdress everything instead of just hitting reply. And help would be grealty appreciated - Thanks ...

CRM Client Install Issue
User has screwed up CRM install. I've attempted repair, and uninstall/ reinstall, without success. Receiving error cannot connect to CRM server. My guess is MSDE uninstalled, and now installation routine believes s/ w installed and does not put back. Any idea how we can get around this without complete system rebuild? Hi, Are you connected to the network while you are installing Outlook client? Will you able to access CRM through a regular web browser? Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 4, 2:50 pm, "rifleman98atm" <rifle...@gmail.com&...

Grid Tool Bar
Hi all, I made a button in the toolbar of a custom entity. When this button is clicked, the javascript code goes a IBM database, read some data and write this data to the fields of a specific instance of this custom entity. Everything work fine. But our customer asked us to put this button to the "Grid Tool Bar " and when the button is pressed, the fields of fixed instances of custom entity should be populated. There are 12 instance of this custom entity. The url of these instances are as follows: http://localhost:5555/userdefined/edit.aspx?id={868AFDF1-4A72-DC11-AF52-001A4B...

Add-In Initialization Error after installing 2008 Year-End Update
I am running GP 10 and today I installed the 2008 Year-End Update. I had been running SP2 before installing this update. The update process itself went smoothly, but now when I attempt to run GP I get the following error message: --------------------------- Add-In Initialization Error --------------------------- eOne.Dynamics.GP.ExcelBuilder.Engine.dll: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. InnerException: The type initializer for 'eOne.Dynamics.GP.ExcelBuilder.GPAddIn' threw an exception. --------------------------- This happens from the server and also fro...

Why doesn't the tools/options work in Excel?
About a month ago I was not able to get to the "Options" screen under tools. I still can't even after reloading and repairing Office. I can get to the "options" under Word but not Excel. I am using Office 2003. Help me get it so that I can get to Tools/Options. Is it gone or what happens when you try to open options? If it's gone, do view>toolbars>customize. select commands, scroll to toolbar and select in the left pane, in the right pane scroll to options (at end) then drag it to its place. You could try to rename *xlb to something like *.bak res...

Publisher 2003 will not install
I am trying to install Publisher 2003 on my XP SP2 PC. The disk never loads in my PC. The CD drive just keeps trying, but nothing appears on my screen. I have 2 CD drives and it happens on both. I thought the disk was bad but I tried it on my WIN2K PC and it loaded fine. So, what is happening? Thanks - Freddg How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD Discs http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Freddg" <Freddg@discussions.mi...