KB980408 fails to install in Windows 7 x86

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've pasted some text from the
WindowsUpdate.log file below.

Many thanks in advance.

2010-05-13	06:50:51:855	1120	11fc	Report	REPORT EVENT:
{C48AB1B0-116D-4004-A4FE-DA4C290DBFF3}	2010-05-13
06:50:46:240-0400	1	182	101	{387E57EB-DD48-46A9-A0E7-1523650B7164}	501	80070005	wusa	Failure	Content
Install	Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update
with error 0x80070005: Update for Windows (KB980408).

Did you upgrade to Win7?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Jeff wrote:
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've pasted some text from the
> WindowsUpdate.log file below.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> 2010-05-13 06:50:51:855 1120 11fc Report REPORT EVENT:
> {C48AB1B0-116D-4004-A4FE-DA4C290DBFF3} 2010-05-13
> 06:50:46:240-0400 1 182 101 {387E57EB-DD48-46A9-A0E7-1523650B7164} 501
> 80070005 wusa Failure Content Install Installation Failure: Windows failed
> to install the following update
> with error 0x80070005: Update for Windows (KB980408).

0
PA
5/13/2010 5:33:50 PM

"Jeff" wrote:

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've pasted some text from the
> WindowsUpdate.log file below.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> 2010-05-13	06:50:51:855	1120	11fc	Report	REPORT EVENT:
> {C48AB1B0-116D-4004-A4FE-DA4C290DBFF3}	2010-05-13
> 06:50:46:240-0400	1	182	101	{387E57EB-DD48-46A9-A0E7-1523650B7164}	501	80070005	wusa	Failure	Content
> Install	Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update
> with error 0x80070005: Update for Windows (KB980408).

2-for-2, cherry.  Care to express your feelings?

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"cherry" <cherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've pasted some text from the
>> WindowsUpdate.log file below.
>>
>> Many thanks in advance.
>>
>> 2010-05-13 06:50:51:855 1120 11fc Report REPORT EVENT:
>> {C48AB1B0-116D-4004-A4FE-DA4C290DBFF3} 2010-05-13
>> 06:50:46:240-0400 1 182 101 {387E57EB-DD48-46A9-A0E7-1523650B7164} 501
>> 80070005 wusa Failure Content
>> Install Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following
>> update
>> with error 0x80070005: Update for Windows (KB980408).

0
Michael

Installing GP on Windows 7
Does anybody have any luck installing Dynamics GP 10 SP 4 on a Windows 7 Professional workstation? When doing the installation of Dynamics GP everything installs except the Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 9.0 I have attempted to download the client from here as well http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=df0ba5aa-b4bd-4705-aa0a-b477ba72a9cb&displaylang=en For what ever reason it will not install properly. Any assistance on this topic would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin FYI This Workstation is a Dell Vostro 2205 32 bit operating syste...

554 Transaction Failed
Help! I have recently downloaded the Outlook 2007 Trial (valid until 31 July) to evaluate Outlook to handle my free AOL account. After set-up, it worked great and I have intended to buy when the trial expires. However, yesterday, it stopped sending e-mail. I receive a msg from system administrator stating: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 7/20/2007 1:26 PM The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: '(xyxyxyx)@aol.com' on 7/20/2007 1:27 PM 554 TRANSACTION FAILED I have not changed anything...

New Access Install
Can anybody help with this dire problem i have? I have recently re-installed MS Access and now get the following errors when I open my Main Form. I haven’t changed any references to image paths or other associated files. These are the messages I get when I first open the database. 'Project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'AudioControls2.ocx' version 1.0' 'Project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'AudioControls2.ocx' version 2.0' These are the errors I get when I try to open the form, they appear in the VBA debugg...

Windows Mail won't start in Vista
I've just re-installed Vista on my dad's Dell PC, using the OEM disk. I've downloaded and successfully applied all updates using the Windows Update, so now to SP2 with all updates to 2010/07/26. Problem is that Windows Mail has failed to open a single time since rebuild. Continually getting the:- "Windows Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Mail message store...." This is followed by the dialogue box indicating "MSOE.DLL could not be initialized". I backed up mail and contacts from before the rebuild an...

NDR's causing Exchange to fail
Hi everyone, I'm hoping that there will be someone who can shed some light on a problem. Running Exchange 2000 SP3, every so often when an NDR is generated for an incorrect email address etc Exchange hangs. Once this happens any mail sent (internal or external) is submitted to categorizer where it remains sitting until the server is rebooted (restarting services is not enough). At this point there is nothing displayed as being stuck in the queues. Incoming mail from external sources still gets delivered without any trouble at all. This does not happen EVERY time an NDR is generated and ...

Terminal Services installation on Great Plains server
Hello, We run Great Plains 7.5 on one of our member servers (Win2003) in test environment. Besides GP there is a custom developed application and SQL Server 2000 installed on this box. We are planning to provide multiple user access to our custom application through the Terminal Services (Application mode). The best practice is to install Terminal Server on a clean machine and then install software through Add Or Remove Programs. There is no problem to reinstall custom application but will the Terminal Server installation affect the Great Plains that can lead to GP redeployment?? Tha...

outlook crashing #7
Several times daily I'm getting a complete crash and the following in my event log: Any ideas? -------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 10 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 11/2/2004 Time: 10:06:46 AM User: N/A Computer: CIL-132 Description: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.4510.0, faulting module outllib.dll, version 10.0.4712.0, fault address 0x0010529e. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat 0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail 0...

KB980408 fails to install in Windows 7 x86
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've pasted some text from the WindowsUpdate.log file below. Many thanks in advance. 2010-05-13 06:50:51:855 1120 11fc Report REPORT EVENT: {C48AB1B0-116D-4004-A4FE-DA4C290DBFF3} 2010-05-13 06:50:46:240-0400 1 182 101 {387E57EB-DD48-46A9-A0E7-1523650B7164} 501 80070005 wusa Failure Content Install Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070005: Update for Windows (KB980408). Did you upgrade to Win7? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription ...

FindResourceEx fails.
Hello I cant the the following function to work. FindResourceEx returns NULL. TRACE prints 1814 as error. m_wLanguage is 1053, and I got swedish as a lang in my resourcefile. const char* CResourceLoader::GetString(int nId) { HRSRC hResource = FindResourceEx( NULL, RT_STRING, MAKEINTRESOURCE(nId), m_wLanguage); TRACE("%d\n", GetLastError()); if (!hResource) { char szString[512]; LoadString(NULL, nId, szString, 512); return szString; } else return (const char*)LoadResource(NULL, hResource); } Jonas > I cant the the following function to work. FindResourc...

Install problem
I get a message saying cannot install for you have a anti- virus and must turn off, of which i have and tried again with the same results, plus It also states you have windows operating in safe mode. what does that have to do with installing Money 2004 "Keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075a01c3a0fc$b0b28c80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I get a message saying cannot install for you have a anti- > virus and must turn off, of which i have and tried again > with the same results, plus It also states you have > windows operating in safe mo...

SQL Instance name/Server Name Error when trying to install CRM 5 in Amazon EC2
I have two instances in EC2; one for CRM and one for SQL. I get this message when I run through the system checks installing CRM: "The instance name must be the same as computer name." SSRS works fine and everything else is also in place. I ran the sp_dropserver and sp_addserver queries to confirm that the instance name is set to exactly the same as the FQDN of the server. I also started up an ODBC connection from the CRM server and confirmed it had a valid connection to the SQL databases on the SQL server. What am I missing here? Please help! ...

money 2004 installation problem
Installation goes okay. When I run the program by clicking on the desktop icon, an error message appears. Content is "either registry key is missing or a registrey value is invalid." Can someone help? I removed the program and reinstalled several times. Same problem. I disabled both Antivirus and Firewall. In microsoft.public.money, Rupert Lee wrote: >Installation goes okay. When I run the program by clicking >on the desktop icon, an error message appears. Content >is "either registry key is missing or a registrey value is >invalid." Can someone help?...

Manually archive Outlook Journal items: wdkcalex.dll can't be loaded/installed
I created a PST file "Personal Folder2006-2009" so that I can drag into it old mail, calendar items, and journal items. Within that PST file, I created three folders (one for each of the three classes of items). When I dragged the mail and calendar items into that PST file, I had no problem. When I dragged my journal items into that file, I got the error message "The add-in "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\wdkcalex.dll" could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." [ OK ] I had to...

Install that internet patch from the Microsoft Corporation
--pxqtotpiujurdz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ewxmhldn"; type="multipart/alternative" --ewxmhldn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wspvsqvongthgcuo" --wspvsqvongthgcuo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

Re: connection fails daily
On 18/12/2009 23:42, fcsark9handler wrote: ????????? *What* did the poster write? -- Dave (Sometimes man stumbles over the truth ...... Sir Winston Churchill) ...

Problem with NDR 5.7.1 / 554
Hello everybody. We have a problem with a user that have sent an e-mail to an external receipt. When the internal user sent the e-mail to this external user, he receive the following NDR: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: external.user@anotherdomain.com on 6/27/2005 5:32 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <MY_SMTP_SERVER@mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 Message cannot be accepted, spam filter rejection> I want to know what is the most likely cause for this problem. Thanks the NDR says it...

Quick Campaigns are failing
Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. For more information, contact your system administrator. with the "Status Reason = aborted" I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has anyone seen this before? The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns still work there. Update to this: ...

Windows XP Explorer
How do I get Windows Explorer to default to viewing files in detail as opposed to the current default, tile? Thank you. Click View "Mike Hirsch" <mike.hirsch@icxt.com> wrote in message news:%23DMV8OLkKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How do I get Windows Explorer to default to viewing files in detail as > opposed to the current default, tile? Thank you. > Mike Hirsch wrote: > How do I get Windows Explorer to default to viewing files in detail as > opposed to the current default, tile? Thank you. > > Tools, Folder Opti...

Unexpected characters appear in Windows
Am running Windows Vista Home Premium, SP 1 with Windows Mail. Due to catastrophic hardware malfunctions I bought a new system with the new OS installed for about two days. Thus far, only Windows Mail shows this problem. If I go to use end bracket for example (>) - something I like to use when quoting back replies - it appears only as a period (.) Question marks (?) come up as some kind of French letter with an accent. All of the things associated with shift+"x" seem to be fouled ... A multitude of other characters are also wrong but I think only highlighting...

Consistency Check fails and fails and fails ...
Hello all last Tuesday, we had a Blue Screen on our Home Directories server. After having it restarted, I got a DPM error, thus needing a Consistency Check. Today, one week later, I did 30 Consistency Checks, all having failed with all kinds of errors: - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\K... (ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)) - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\G...

CHtmlView as Child -Ruse the view for new Windows
Hi All, I have created a SDI application where in I have created a CHtmlView as a Child View of CView(CHtmlView is Placed in centre of Client area).I want to enforce CHtmlView to reuse the same view for all new windows.Please tell me how to implement this. I am looking for the sample code..Its Very URGENT.. Thanks in Advance. pras I don't understand exactly what you are asking for. What do you mean by new view? But see if this helps. I am guessing that when you when the user selects file new or file open then you want to use the same view.? If that's the case then handle the ...

Problem with some installers
Hello, I am using Win 7 Ultimate x64. Since recently, I am having a problem with some installers (not all). It seems that all installers that cause problems are a) UPX packed b) based on InstallShield When starting the installer, I first get: "Insufficient free disk space" (I have over 3TB free though!) and then: "Cannot prepare main package. Probably incorrect TMP/TEMP variables or there is no execute permission for temporary folder." The variables TMP and TEMP are set correctly and execute permissions are set for the temporary folder. S...

how get the user for econnect installed
hi, i want to know how can i get the userid who is logged in for eConnect and/that user is authenticated or not?in GP8.0 Regards, Nilotpal ...

Why is collection failing?
I'm creating a wrapper class for a collection object, mainly so I can test whether a given records exists. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting "Invalid procedure or argument" in the exists function when I try to extract the value, whether it actually exists or not. I've tried collection.item and collection(item), same result. BTW, the values are numbers that I convert to strings. Option Compare Database Option Explicit 'this class object extends the collection object to include an 'exists' boolean function Private colStatus As VBA.Collection Private S...

installing publisher 2003 on Vista Home Premium
I am trying to install publisher 2003 on my new laptop with Vista Home Premium. After I enter the product keyand tell it to do a typical install, the installation progress screen appears and the process hangs. I end up having to ctl-alt-delete the process. Is there any fix for this? Thanks! Disable your anti-virus software and try again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "larabee" <larabee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BF446BE-B9FA-4D51-91CF-8FF16DA37419@microsoft.com... >I ...