KB979909

In the last 2 days, upgrade has been downloaded and installed 18 times.
According to Microsoft update history all were successful. Am running XP Pro,
and the automatic upgrades just keep downloading and installing one after
another.

KB979909
In the last 2 days, upgrade has been downloaded and installed 18 times. According to Microsoft update history all were successful. Am running XP Pro, and the automatic upgrades just keep downloading and installing one after another. ...

Error OX643 for KB979909
Re: Error message OX643 for KB979909 After reading all the posts about this download and trying unsuccessfully to understand most of it, I went directly to Microsoft.com Download Center, clicked on New Downloads, typed in the "search" box at top KB979909 and when the download popped up, clicked it. That took me to the page where, about halfway down the page, there are three files listed with the attached "download" box. I clicked on the x86.exe box that I needed and it downloaded without a problem. ...

some updates could not be installed KB979909
Windows XP Pro - Fully Updated to 12 June-10. I have automatic updates switched on but today after downloading and installing one of the updates could not be installed. (see reported error) I searched for a solution and tried one I found on this website which suggested registering the Wups2.dll file. I did this and the process appeared to work OK. But on rebooting the machine I still get the same Cannot install updates error:- Some updates could not be installed The following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Securi...

.NET Security updates fail
Opening a new thread as suggested by PA Bear. OS: Windows XP Pro SP3 running IE8 but Chrome for anything useful. Part on an office network with an SBS2003 domain server. The above updates won't install and fail with error 0x80070643. I have read KB976982 and followed its procedure to remove all .NET versions and replace them in the order 3.5SP1, 1.1, 1.1SP1 followed by Windows update. This has not resolved the problem and the updates sit in my systray, waiting.. I am also running AVG Free and take the view that any AV is better than none. Is there any suggestion that A...

KB979909 and KB979906 Updates Fail
Hi, I have tried many times since 6/11 to install the subject updates with no success, with the yellow shield reappearing again and again. I keep getting the following 'Automatic Updates' message: Some updates could not be installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909) Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows 2000 and Windows XP (KB979906) (I also found an 'Error Code' 0x643 listed in the 'Installation Failure' detail scre...

KB976596, KB979909, and KB979906 failed to install
I'm getting an error 0x643 I have retried to install these updates multiple times with the same results - failed to install! Please help. Thanks. Mac scrrun.dll might be unregistered. Re-register it then retry. This installer uses it for part of the install process. regsvr32 /s scrrun.dll How do I re-register scrrun.dll? "Rusty" wrote: > scrrun.dll might be unregistered. Re-register it then retry. This installer uses it for part of the install process. > > regsvr32 /s scrrun.dll > > --- > frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.wind...

Issues with KB979909, 982168 & 982524
I'm having issues with the above 3 updates. I've attempted to install them numerous times but I keep being notified about them and when I access windows update they show as needing to be installed. However my history shows that they have been installed successfully at least 3 times each. KB979909 shows in Add/Remove programs but the others do not, however all have been logged as being successfully installed in ReportingEvents.log. I have tried all the steps included in KB910339 which has eventually led me here. Starting in Safe Mode seemed like a good plan apart from...

KB976569 KB979909 KB979906 fail to install
The three .NET updates fail to install. I have manually deleted all .Net Framework packages and reinstalled. I have applied Microsoft Fix It 50123. I have used the .NET cleanup tool to uninstall all .NET Framework packages twice and reinstalled in the correct order (3.5 first then 1.1 etc) and still I cannot get these updates to install. I opened a request for assistance via email and was simply referred back to here. I have the following in update history: Error Code: 0x643 Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following resources. BUT the...

How Install .Netframework 3.5 SP3 KB979909 & KB982157
I keep getting presented these updates and they always fail to install. I do not know what they do. Do I need them or would the best solution be to hide them? -- Uncle John My System XP_Pro_SP3 and OFFICE_Pro_2007 otherwise fully updated You could try installing them manually after downloading from the MS Download Center. -=- See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979909> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (1-866-727-2338; and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United S...