KB976570 failed install error 0x66A

I'm running Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3, and have been having
problems installing the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Update
for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB976570). It fails to install in
Windows update. When I try to install it without Windows Update, I get a
message that says I don't have any of the appropriate software installed. The
Error Code is 0x66A. Can anyone help me fix this problem?

Is an Optional, non-security update.  Feel free to hide it.

David wrote:
> I'm running Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3, and have been having
> problems installing the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Update
> for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB976570). It fails to install
> in Windows update. When I try to install it without Windows Update, I get
> message that says I don't have any of the appropriate software installed.
> The Error Code is 0x66A. Can anyone help me fix this problem?

-1
PA

Operation Failed #5
Lately, when using Microsoft Outlook 2002, I get an "operation failed" message after clicking on the Send/receive icon. ...

Test restore to RSG fails
An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Information Store service or both. ID no: c1041724 Exchange System Manager Restarting the services or ESM do not work or a server reboot. I then check the Event viewer and find the following 3 errors. Information Store (3984) Recovery Storage Group: Attempted to attach database 'C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Recovery Storage Group\Mailbox Store (TEMPSYDEX).edb' but it is a database restored from a backup set on which hard recovery was not started or did not complete successfully....

Credit Auth. and Batch Upload with RMS 1.2 Technical Errors
Using Citibank. During the day we do many credit card charges and get authorizations as expected. At the end of do we do the batch upload and usually this runs OK. *Occasionally* we will get a "technical error" during the batch upload for one of the transactions that was previously authorized. Does anyone know how to determine the cause of such errors? We usually end up calling the customer (if we captured their name when we made the original sale) and getting their card details again and re-ringing the transaction. Thanks, Neil E "Technical Error" is being ret...

KB976569 and KB976570
I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see that they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under successful uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available updates as if they were not installed! Are they really installed or not? What should I do? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. jiger wrote: > I have installed the recent updates according to the above...

Course 8018a CRM
Working through course 8081a and I am unable to use internet explorer on the client machine (winXP) to reach MS CRM located on a SBS 2003 box. There are no error messages. I simply put http://crm and in a few seconds IE6 disappears and that is it. Anyone have any suggestions. CRM is loaded on a SBS2003 Premium addition machine. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Reuben Exist any pop up blocker installed on the machine? Hope this helps. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "Reuben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:1e28101c45559$8...

Error 401 sending emails
Hi everyone !!! I can't send email .... I checked permissions in the folder MSCRMConnector in IIS Exchange Server and it's set to Anonymous access ... the account used is IUSR_EXCHANGESEVER .... my question is what level of permissions should have this account because i'm getting the following error in Application Log when i try to send an email MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error ...

Outlook 2002 Error 1706
I have Outlook 2002 on my computer, I think it was in an update from Windows. Each time I open it, the program installer trys to install "something". Asks me for the Outlook 2002 disk (don't have one). I have Office 2000. It seems to be looking for "outret.msi". I can't find that file. It then closes, backs out of the install and gives me Error 1706. Then the program opens in the "safe mode". How do I get the program to stop this installation process each time I open it? .. ...

SBS2003 Backup Failing
Hi I have been away for a week and come back to our server backups failing. Below is a copy of the log for last nights backup. Anyone got any ideas way it would start to fail when nothing has changed? 6/09/2010 11:00 PM ------------------------------- Date: 6/09/2010 Time: 11:00 PM User: SYSTEM ------------------------------- Backup Runner started. Launching NTBackup: ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Backup\Small Business Backup Script.bks" /d "SBS Backup created on 6/09/2010 at 11:00 PM" /v:yes /r:no /r...

Problem installing Money 2006
After installing Money 2006 and I try to open the program for the first time a screen comes up stating "Please wait while Money checks for software updates. This might take several minutes." But what is wrong is that this scrren never disappears, and I hhaven't been able to open Money at all. Please help!!! In microsoft.public.money, Chiby wrote: >After installing Money 2006 and I try to open the program for the first time >a screen comes up stating "Please wait while Money checks for software >updates. This might take several minutes." But what is wron...

Error with message history
Although i have ticked the ''automatically keep history'' in Options,i don't have any history in my selected file.When i close the window with someone i was talking to an error will come up saying that ''an error occurred writing the message history with (user) access is denied'' Please help me!I don't know why this is happening and i don't know how to solve this. Please help! Just go to the chatlog folder and delete the file for that person, then next time it will start a new log and should be fine. "ArtMic." wrote: &g...

Addition of error bars creates black filled in areas on chart in 2
When i add custom standard deviation error bars in excel 2007, the graph shows a black fill in in some areas of the chart. The exact same chart in 2003 does not show this artifact. Anyone else experienced this? Hi, I can't duplicate your problem, but we really need more information - what type of chart, what do you mean by Custom Standard Deviation error bar? There are Standard Deviation error bars or their are Custom error bars. If this is a scatter chart are these x or y error bars. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "tcek" wrote: > When i add custom standard deviatio...

Office Enterprise 2007 failed to reinstall
Enterprise was uninstalled with intention to reinstall after Outlook window failed to open. Installation from cd now gives "error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {837BF1EB-D770-94EB-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. I also tried safe mode with command prompt and still got the same results. Any ideas? Not knowing if you have a legal version,I can safely tell you the following Free phone support from MS for Office Enterprise customers. Please have all your needed documentation on hand including the VL and the Volume License holders number that ...

Outlook 2003 new install wom't start
Outlook 2003 opens very briefly and then shuts down in a few seconds. I am using a 2.66 GHz machine with 2 GB RAM and MS Windows XP Pro. SP2. I recently re-installed Windows on a new hard disk and then installed Office 2003 and many other programs. I had had everything in fine working order before (on the old hard disk) but needed to go to a larger hard disk. Now, when I try to start Outlook, it opens but closes after just a few seconds. All the other Office programs work fine. I tried the "detect & repair"; I tried uninstalling Outlook then re-installing; .Still no good on O...

Money 2005
I just installed Money 2005 and successfully converted my data file from Money 2004. But when I try to do a manual Internet update, I get this message box error: "Money encountered an internal error while attempting to save or clear a PIN number in your Money file. Please contact Microsoft support for assistance." Under "Manage your passwords" I tried changing the user name & password to something else and then changing it back, but I still get the same error when trying the update again. Help/About shows 14.0.125.825 ...

assertions failing
As I have been developing my mfc dialog I have run into a strange problem. I added a new button, check and text box and set up an event handler or two. My project builds and compiles, but when I try to run it, two debug assertions fail and I can't understand how they could fail this time. first one is in wincore.cpp line 331 and it is the assertion: ASSERT(FromHandlePermanent(hWndNew)==NULL); The second one is also inwincore.cpp line 4892 ASSERT(oldWndProc!=AfxGetAfxWndProc()); I can't understand how anything I could have done would break these assertions, but I also don&#...

Message Interfacing Error
Unistalled office 03, didn't restart computer, then installed office enterprise 07. Everything is fine except for Outlook. When clicking on the new mail button to compose, I receive a comment stating, "The message interface has returned an unknown error. if problem persists, please restart Outlook." Problem is still persisting,lol. Please help....Thanks. If you upgrade from one version of Office to another, please create a new profile for Outlook to use. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "...

NTDetect Failed
When starting my PC using Windows XP, I get the following error: NTDetect Failed. This can be repaired using the installation CD however, I cannot locate the CD. Is it possible to download this Installation / Repair file to a CD from Microsoft or another safe location? -- marty marty wrote: > When starting my PC using Windows XP, I get the following error: NTDetect > Failed. This can be repaired using the installation CD however, I cannot > locate the CD. Is it possible to download this Installation / Repair file to > a CD from Microsoft or another safe location...

Error uploading .rdl files to CRM reports
Hi, I have created some reports for CRM 4.0 using Microsoft SQL server report builder 2008. These reports query against the _MSCRM database. When uploading the .rdl files to reports on CRM I get the following error: "An error has occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft Dyanmics CRM Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." Any ideas what I might be doing wrong please? thanks. Darren ...

"Important" update keeps wanting to install again
I keep getting offered "Security Update for Windows Vista (KB981852)" even though I've already installed it. In fact, when I go to update history, it shows that the update was successfully installed 10 times since 8/12/2010. (That's every time I've turned the computer on since then!) Anybody know how to get Windows Update to stop offering this update. I've tried the "unchecking" the box but that doesn't seem to work. TIA! Gary Visit our website and do the jigsaw puzzle at www.under-1-roof.com/PuzzlePage.html "Gary" &...

Windows Installer attempting to load in Excel
When attempting to open Excel document, a Windows Installer box pops up preventing me from opening the document. Need to get rid of this box asking me to "load" something in Business 2003 which I do not have nor want. Best to re-register Excel. Try this first. Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. In that case Start>...

CRM 1.2 Exchange Router Install and impact on default Web Site
Hi, I've installed MS CRM v1.2 an would like to set up the Exchange Router portion. My concern is that I have no information on what impact the router installation will have on the web server that I install it on. We have several web sites hosted from the Exchange box and the installation manual indicates that I should specify the 'default web site'. Given that the product install took over the web site on the CRM Server I would like to know what the impact will be before I proceed with this portion of the install. So what I need to know is: 1. Will the Exchange Router install...

Win 7 64 bit KB971468 Update fails and locks PC
Hi, I've installed this update 3x (and related updates all that show "failed" in the update history -- this is the first of the updates to "fail") without success. Each time the update installs and then locks the computer. To get beyond this I need to boot in safe mode, select a restore point prior to installation of update, reboot and go from there. I'm running a Dell d630, with updated drivers, and 4 gb ram. From: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971468 " How to obtain help and support for this security update For home users, no-char...

Operation failed #7
Operation Failed message when Send/Receive is selected. Tried "Test Account Settings ..." got me online. I can send e-mail, but not Receive ...

Windodws Updates fail to install themselves
Dell C521 64 bits, dual processor Media Center Edition Ver 2002 SP3 Windows update downloaded six updates Thursday morning, but only four of them installed. Here are the four that failed: There was the same error code for all four: Error code: 0x800710 da: KB982214, KB981852, KB2183461, KB981997 FWIW, my wife's laptop downloaded and installed eleven (11) updates without incident. It has Home Edition on it. I Googled the error code but I can't make any sense of the two pages that turned up. They have nothing even remotely similar to what I do. Any sugg...

RMS 2 test install
Last night I installed 2.0 on my test machine. The server upgrade from MSDE went smooth as did the install. I then upgraded the database from SOA, again no problems. I was able to look things over from SOM and everything seemed to work fine except the ADD button on the PO screen. When I click it, nothing happens. I tried from an 'old' PO, then I made a new PO and it still did nothing. I saw 2 older posts about this, but no replies as to if the issue was resolved. Obviously, I have no way to test the POS module, so I am still holding out for a little while before running the REA...