KB976569 and KB976570

I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see that
they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under successful
uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available
updates as if they were not installed!
Are they really installed or not? What should I do?

Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

jiger wrote:
> I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see
> that they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under successful
> uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available
> updates as if they were not installed!
> Are they really installed or not? What should I do?

0
PA
2/24/2010 5:43:37 PM
I have Win XP sp3 with all (?) the recent updates from WUP.

"jiger" wrote:

> I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see that
> they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under successful
> uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available
> updates as if they were not installed!
> Are they really installed or not? What should I do?
Please don't reply to yourself.

If and only if KB976569 and KB976570 are both listed in Add/Remove Programs:

1. Stop the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Stop
(Stopping the service will take a moment)

2. Delete the contents of the Download folder:

Start > Run > (type in) %windir%\SoftwareDistribution > [OK]
Open the Download folder and delete its contents
Close the window.

3. Go to Windows Update website | Select CUSTOM and allow the scan to
complete | Uncheck/deselect KB976569 and KB976570 and hide them both ("Don't
show me this update again").

4. Start the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Start
(Starting the service will take a moment)
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

jiger wrote:
> I have Win XP sp3 with all (?) the recent updates from WUP.

<paste>
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
> newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
</paste>
>> I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see
>> that they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under
>> successful
>> uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available
>> updates as if they were not installed!
>> Are they really installed or not? What should I do?

0
PA
2/25/2010 6:47:41 AM
OK, I have done this. Can I trust that everything is OK now?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please don't reply to yourself.
>
> If and only if KB976569 and KB976570 are both listed in Add/Remove Programs:
>
> 1. Stop the Automatic Updates service:
>
> Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
> Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Stop
> (Stopping the service will take a moment)
>
> 2. Delete the contents of the Download folder:
>
> Start > Run > (type in) %windir%\SoftwareDistribution > [OK]
> Open the Download folder and delete its contents
> Close the window.
>
> 3. Go to Windows Update website | Select CUSTOM and allow the scan to
> complete | Uncheck/deselect KB976569 and KB976570 and hide them both ("Don't
> show me this update again").
>
> 4. Start the Automatic Updates service:
>
> Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
> Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Start
> (Starting the service will take a moment)
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> jiger wrote:
> > I have Win XP sp3 with all (?) the recent updates from WUP.
> >
> <paste>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> > Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> > Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
> > newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
> </paste>
> >> I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see
> >> that they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under
> >> successful
> >> uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available
> >> updates as if they were not installed!
> >> Are they really installed or not? What should I do?
>
> .

Are either of the updates offered by Automatic Updates now?

jiger wrote:
> OK, I have done this. Can I trust that everything is OK now?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Please don't reply to yourself.
>>
>> If and only if KB976569 and KB976570 are both listed in Add/Remove
>> Programs:
>>
>> 1. Stop the Automatic Updates service:
>>
>> Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
>> Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Stop
>> (Stopping the service will take a moment)
>>
>> 2. Delete the contents of the Download folder:
>>
>> Start > Run > (type in) %windir%\SoftwareDistribution > [OK]
>> Open the Download folder and delete its contents
>> Close the window.
>>
>> 3. Go to Windows Update website | Select CUSTOM and allow the scan to
>> complete | Uncheck/deselect KB976569 and KB976570 and hide them both
>> ("Don't show me this update again").
>>
>> 4. Start the Automatic Updates service:
>>
>> Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
>> Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Start
>> (Starting the service will take a moment)
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> jiger wrote:
>>> I have Win XP sp3 with all (?) the recent updates from WUP.
>>>
>> <paste>
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
>>> SP2;
>>> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum
>>> or
>>> newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
>> </paste>
>>
>> .

0
PA
2/25/2010 2:45:42 PM
Of course not as they are hidden ("Don´t show me this update again"). I culd
have done that from the beginning, without doing anything else.
Can I be sure that the updates are in place? Why do they show up if  don´t
hide them?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Are either of the updates offered by Automatic Updates now?
>
> jiger wrote:
> > OK, I have done this. Can I trust that everything is OK now?
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Please don't reply to yourself.
> >>
> >> If and only if KB976569 and KB976570 are both listed in Add/Remove
> >> Programs:
> >>
> >> 1. Stop the Automatic Updates service:
> >>
> >> Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
> >> Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Stop
> >> (Stopping the service will take a moment)
> >>
> >> 2. Delete the contents of the Download folder:
> >>
> >> Start > Run > (type in) %windir%\SoftwareDistribution > [OK]
> >> Open the Download folder and delete its contents
> >> Close the window.
> >>
> >> 3. Go to Windows Update website | Select CUSTOM and allow the scan to
> >> complete | Uncheck/deselect KB976569 and KB976570 and hide them both
> >> ("Don't show me this update again").
> >>
> >> 4. Start the Automatic Updates service:
> >>
> >> Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
> >> Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Start
> >> (Starting the service will take a moment)
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

> >> <paste>
> >> </paste>
> >>
> >> .
>
> .

If KB976569 and KB976570 are both listed in Add/Remove Programs, don't worry
about it.

I have no idea why they were reoffered.

jiger wrote:
> Of course not as they are hidden ("Don´t show me this update again"). I
> culd
> have done that from the beginning, without doing anything else.
> Can I be sure that the updates are in place? Why do they show up if  don´t
> hide them?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Are either of the updates offered by Automatic Updates now?
>>
>> jiger wrote:
>>> OK, I have done this. Can I trust that everything is OK now?

>> .

0
PA
2/25/2010 6:13:45 PM
"jiger" <jiger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see
> that
> they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under successful
> uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available
> updates as if they were not installed!
> Are they really installed or not?

> What should I do?

Use  MBSA  for a second opinion or use the corresponding KB article module
information to assess whether you have all the modules still installed and
not some regressed somehow.   You could also activate verbose logging (ref.
KB90293) and if necessary supplement those diagnostics with a ProcMon trace
of them being created.   Finally, it may be enough simply to redo the
updates as manual installs.   You could do that in a more controlled
environment, e.g. offline and with minimal possible interferers (such as an
AV app) running at the same time.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert
2/25/2010 10:39:40 PM
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> schrieb:

> Are either of the updates offered by Automatic Updates now?

Both haven't been offered via Auto Update at all. They are "deployed" as
Optional Updates via WU/MU AFAICS.

Bye,
Freudi
0
Ottmar
2/26/2010 5:38:39 AM
Hey, Freudi, how about /answering/ some posts, too?

Ottmar Freudenberger wrote:
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> schrieb:
>
>> Are either of the updates offered by Automatic Updates now?
>
> Both haven't been offered via Auto Update at all. They are "deployed" as
> Optional Updates via WU/MU AFAICS.
>
> Bye,
> Freudi
0
PA
2/26/2010 6:59:15 AM
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> schrieb:

> Hey, Freudi, how about /answering/ some posts, too?

How about cooling down?

Bye,
Freudi
0
Ottmar
2/26/2010 7:15:45 AM
I have never in my life seen an individual so rude as PABEAR (MVP)
PABEAR@gmail.com.  I have seen rude and insulting, foul mouthed customers
booted but never a young man with a problem who continues to ask intelligent
questions and seems to by error have responded in an incorrect format.

This exchange is appalling and one senses that eventually MS had to allow
"Robert  Aldwinkle (or is that another moniker for PABEAR).  This is abusive
and immature.  The person handling this question should never be in customer
service.  perhaps they are some type of tecnical genius which the company
might employ in another capacity to make full use of his/her skill set.

I have always found MS MVP's to be knowledgeable, professional and
respectful to customers until now.  This is the disgusting and insensitive
drivel of an overdeveloped egocentic self aggrandizer whom Microsoft needs to
dismiss before their reputation is harmed further.

I don't doubt that this will be little more than deleted or ignored but in a
world that is falling apart Mr. Einstein BEAR needs some work.  Maybe Mr.
Ellison at Oracle should employ him as their customers are more tolerant of
being abused.

On 2010-04-29 11:27 p.m., EMILY POST FAN wrote:

> I have never in my life seen an individual so rude as PABEAR (MVP)
> PABEAR@gmail.com.

  ... I don't see anything especially rude in this thread; out of curiosity, to
what are you referring?

> [...] The person handling this question should never be in customer
> service.

As far as I know, he isn't. :-)

> perhaps they are some type of tecnical genius which the company
> might employ in another capacity to make full use of his/her skill set.

MVPs are not Microsoft employees.  Microsoft do not employ people to answer
questions in these newsgroups; all support is provided on a volunteer basis.

   Harry.

--
Harry Johnston
http://harryjohnston.wordpress.com

KB976569 AND 976570 FAILS 2 INSTALL ON XP SP3!
KB976569 AND 976570 FAILS 2 INSTALL ON XP SP3! "Kevin John Panzke" <kevin.panzke@gmail.com> wrote in message news:260046c5-fcb4-4285-abad-2d0a8ac389ae@q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com... > KB976569 AND 976570 FAILS 2 INSTALL ON XP SP3! JUST FYI! In news:260046c5-fcb4-4285-abad-2d0a8ac389ae@q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com, Kevin John Panzke <kevin.panzke@gmail.com> typed: > KB976569 AND 976570 FAILS 2 INSTALL ON XP SP3! Well, they installed OK here. It might be an eye opener for you if you actually LOOK AT those KBs before making untrue statements ab...

KB976569 and KB976570
I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see that they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under successful uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available updates as if they were not installed! Are they really installed or not? What should I do? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. jiger wrote: > I have installed the recent updates according to the above...

KB974417 0x80070643 KB976569
I've been starting to see multiple instances of KB974417 fail during install from WSUS. I've found that you need to un-install KB976569 (released 2/23/10), then install 974417. Then you can re-install 976569. This will probably only be an issue on machines that do not have .NET 2.0/3.5. 976569 and you are doing a clean new .NET install. KB97659 does not supersede 974417, as they address different issues, so both are apparently needed. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or is Microsoft aware of this issue and will they have have a fix down the road. Hello ...

[XP SP3, Windows Update] Successfully installed KB974417 and KB976569 appear again
Hello, XP SP3 recently has been re-installed on a PC. After that, all available Windows Updates have been downloaded and installed. But the KB974417 installation failed. Searching that topic at Google, I found KB974417 to be in conflict with KB976569. I uninstalled KB976569, re-booted the PC, ran Windows Update, downloaded KB974417 and installed it successfully, re-booted the PC, ran Windows Update, downloaded KB976569 and installed it successfully. Having installed KB974417 and KB976569, some issue however remains: Windows Update still keeps offering KB974417 and KB976569. ...

KB976569 KB979909 KB979906 fail to install
The three .NET updates fail to install. I have manually deleted all .Net Framework packages and reinstalled. I have applied Microsoft Fix It 50123. I have used the .NET cleanup tool to uninstall all .NET Framework packages twice and reinstalled in the correct order (3.5 first then 1.1 etc) and still I cannot get these updates to install. I opened a request for assistance via email and was simply referred back to here. I have the following in update history: Error Code: 0x643 Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following resources. BUT the...

KB976570 failed install error 0x66A
I'm running Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3, and have been having problems installing the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB976570). It fails to install in Windows update. When I try to install it without Windows Update, I get a message that says I don't have any of the appropriate software installed. The Error Code is 0x66A. Can anyone help me fix this problem? Is an Optional, non-security update. Feel free to hide it. David wrote: > I'm running Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3, and hav...