KB976098 won't install. Error code 800F0900, unknown error

Windows update fails to install KB976098.  Also tried manually to install
with same failing result.  Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09.

"Tgray" wrote:

> Windows update fails to install KB976098.  Also tried manually to install
> with same failing result.  Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09.
I use Windows 7, 64 bit version.
Update KB976098 gets into an eternal update loop every time. It never
finishes, not even after a full night waiting. If I then press sleep or
hybernate, the system continues updating when I restart again and I cannot do
anything else but wait. It displays the message "Installing update 1 of 1"
and nothing else happens. If I perform a hard reset by pressing my start key
for 5 seconds the system finally stops, but when I then restart I get the
error message that the system was shut down wrongly. To be able to proceed at
all I then have to choose for the option: "Start Windows normally”, otherwise
things go wrong again.
I have looked into several options to solve this problem. I even tried to
stop the update service and then delete the folder
"C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution”. This went well and on restarting the
update service this folder was newly installed. However, also this did not
help. After  a day or so, the automatic updates try to install KB976098 again
and I have the same problems all over.
Does anyone know a solution ?

"Michael" wrote:

> I use Windows 7, 64 bit version.
> Update KB976098 gets into an eternal update loop every time. It never
> finishes, not even after a full night waiting. If I then press sleep or
> hybernate, the system continues updating when I restart again and I cannot do
> anything else but wait. It displays the message "Installing update 1 of 1"
> and nothing else happens. If I perform a hard reset by pressing my start key
> for 5 seconds the system finally stops, but when I then restart I get the
> error message that the system was shut down wrongly. To be able to proceed at
> all I then have to choose for the option: "Start Windows normally”, otherwise
> things go wrong again.
> I have looked into several options to solve this problem. I even tried to
> stop the update service and then delete the folder
> "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution”. This went well and on restarting the
> update service this folder was newly installed. However, also this did not
> help. After  a day or so, the automatic updates try to install KB976098 again
> and I have the same problems all over.
> Does anyone know a solution ?
>

> "cutegrl" wrote:
>

> > "Tgray" wrote:
> >
> > > Windows update fails to install KB976098.  Also tried manually to install
> > > with same failing result.  Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09.

Oops, didn't think this was the post screen.
Anyway, if you're using Comodo Firewall and possible the AV as well, disable
them.

I found that when I disabled the firewall, I don't use Comodo AV, I use
MSSE, that the update installed perfectly.
I'm using Win 7 on a Toshiba Satellite L355-7902 3gb ram, 250gb disk.
Pretty standard so I don't have t the new BSOD that has cropped up.
Hope this helps.

Excel Startup Error
When I click on a excel document the computer hangs for about 2 seconds, then opens excel with no document displayed. If I first ope excel (click on the .exe) and then open a dcoument, no problem. I als have the same issue with Word. Have tried repairing Office installation, removing and reinstallin excell, deleted all .xla files - nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- philale ----------------------------------------------------------------------- philalex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View ...

Hide Outlook messages error
Hi, is it possible to hide the error window for a particular internet account. I've this problem: an internal POP3 mail server doesn't support shared access to a single mailbox. This mailbox is needed to receive faxes and all user check this mailbox every 2 minutes. The problem (for users work) is raised when the error window appear too many times in a day... May is it possible to hide this windows via registry settings or other else? thanks in advance. Massimo Artini No, not possible. Better is to lower the frequency users check the mailbox. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-O...

error installing Analysis Cubes for dynamics GP 10 on seperate ser
hi, We try to install Analysis cubes for Dynamics GP 10 (SQL server 2005) on a separate Server Scenario. We installed all software required as described in the installation guide on both the server (Microsoft Dynamics GP Server & Analysis Cubes Server). When we start the setup on the "Analysis Cube Server", we got the error GP clients tools or server tools should be installed, we installed GP. After Installing GP, setup started and we finished the installation Process of Analysis Cubes for Dynamics. And we started the Analysis Cubes for Dynamics GP Configuration Wizard...

Unhandled Exception error on few accounts
Hello, On just a few accounts, if I go to History or Activities, I get the following unhandled exception: [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ActivityPointerWebService.RollupByObject(Guid rollupById, String rollupByName, RollupType rollupType, QueryBase queryExpress...

Error 80090349
Hi, I have a problem with exchange 2003, when i want to create a folder under public folder, or when i right click on public folder and choose system folders i get this Error: The Certificate is not valid for Requested useg. ID no: 80090349 System manager. I have the Adminstrater, Domain Admin and Exchange Admin rights. Any Idea? Thanks, Shahin This is the closest I could find.....http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/insider/ publicfolders.mspx#Error80090301 "Shahin" <Shahin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37A27FE6-997A-4339-AC2C-35...

Cannot access outlook.pst error
I run Win 98 and Outlook 2002 on my computer. All the sudden all the mail sent for the last 7 days starts showing up again in my INBOX. After that I cannot delete or move anything without the error message "The file c:\windows\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed. Access is denied" How can I fix this problem? ...

Installation issue
Installed Office XP Pro and dont see Publisher. Where do I install it from? Ron, Generally we need more than 10 minutes to respond. Please read my response to your first post. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ron" <rlyen@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3bd501c4afbb$79894180$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Installed Office XP Pro and dont see Publisher. Where do I > install it from? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.775 / Virus Database: 522 - Release Date: 10/8/2004 A small ...

Excel 2007 Installation Question
I am about to purchase Excel 2007 (MS Office Home & Student 2007 Version)... What I would like to know is exactly how can I install it along side my other version of Excel (version 2002 XP)? I generally use the XP version for most of my development at work, but I would like to start learning version 2007 as well (using my same PC). Can anyone provide me with some detailed instructions for this installation or direct me to a website that might do the same? Many thanks in advance. Mark Ivey Just a little more clarification on my request... What I would like is the Excel XP versi...

What is <IDispatch error #32> error and <Memory is locked.> error?
Hello, I installed an Event Sink as a COM+ Application on my Exchange machine that sends an email to a specific user named "exchangeconnector" whenever something is changed in the calendar of another specific user "exchangeuser". I did the appropriate event registration for this event sink and the events seem to be successfully triggering the event sink, as I can see new events being logged to the system event log when I create new appointments in exchangeuser's calendar. But the problem is that while the event sink tries to send an email to exchangeconnector...

Name could not be resolved error.....
Hi Have a strange problem, where I can set up mail accounts, and use these fine, but if I try to add a mailbox in the Open These Additional Mailboxes field, I immediately get an error "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed" This is before ive even tried to resolve a name, its as I click Add, the error just appears, so you dont even get a chance to put a name in there. Any ideas what could have caused this? it seems to be after we ran the move server wizard and moved the server with these accounts on into a new site. Thanks Graham ...

login errors #2
When trying to login I am getting this error: Login denied. An installation task of Analytical Accounting is running. Please try again later. Thus it will not allow me to login. Any suggestions? Try clearing any user stuck in SY00800 "sajlnp" wrote: > When trying to login I am getting this error: > > Login denied. An installation task of Analytical Accounting is running. > Please try again later. > > > Thus it will not allow me to login. > > Any suggestions? Hello Have you tried to run Dynamics Utilities? It seems that you have an unfinish...

Follow up to previous post: Need code to import into access/Autonumber
I was trying to tihnk of solutions to the table in access being out of order when i use: DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet in code to import an excel file. 1. I could read the excel file from access. Does anyody have access code to open an exel sheet and read it into a table in access in code? 2. have the user maintain an autonumber like field. THis way, I can have this to sort on when I import it. Does excel have an autonumber field? Thanks Some sample code for reading EXCEL spreadsheet and writing to recordset that may get you started: Dim lngColumn As Long Dim xlx As Object, xlw As O...

Attachments error
Can anyone help me out here, when I'm trying to send an excel worksheet as an attachment, I get a Windows XP error dialog informing me that one or more attachments couldn't be opened due to beiong out of memory and suggests I close any open applications. However the only applications open is Excel.?!?!? HELP ME PLEASE THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY !!! thanks one and all. Matt Manchester England. ...

BCM to CRM Migration Error
I am getting an unexpected error, trying to migrate Business Contact Manger to CRM 3.0. Here is the log. Can anyone help? 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Arteco_Vision_Systems_MSCRM 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Checking existence of EntityIdMap table in CDF database: Success ...

Need help with Outllook Laptop client install error
Attempting to install the laptop client and the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition fails with the follow message, "Unknown exit code 29559". Any help with problem would very much be appreciated. Bob At what point in the installation does it fail? Was SQL Express installed before the CRM client? -- Richard Riddle CRM Developer Autonomix "Bob" wrote: > Attempting to install the laptop client and the SQL Server 2005 Express > Edition fails with the follow message, "Unknown exit code 29559". > > Any help with problem would very much be apprec...

Install Sharepoint Support for Office 2003
I want to change an existing Office 2003 network installation. The feature I want to add is Windows SharePoint Services Support. I tried to do this via the Custom Maintenance Wizard. But the Windows Sharepoint Services Support will not install. Hopefully someone can help me with this. I don't want to manually install the feature for 300+ clients. Have you tried to ask in the sharepoint newsgroup ? On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.sharepoint.general -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the be...

Unable to Install Publisher 2003 with Office 2003
I bought Microsoft Publisher 2003 at the same time but in a separate package with Microsoft Office: Student and Teacher 2003. The installation gets to the point where I enter my key, it works. But shortly afterwards there is an error message saying that it cannot find Office 98, Office 2000, or Office XP on my computer and that this is necessary to install Publisher 2003, and it prompts me to designate a drive where it is found. But then the installation repeats that it cannot find Office 98, Office 2000, or Office XP and stops. I really hope that it's not impossible for Publisher...

OWA error after update
Hello, About two weeks ago I updated our Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 without any problem. I setup OWA to use Forms Based Authentication & SSL and everything was working great. I just updated Windows to 2003 from 2000 and am now unable to use OWA. When I try to get to the OWA login page I get a message that says '440 Login Timeout'. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve I would revert to without Forms Based and SSL and then progress from there since that is easier to troubleshoot. Without SSL and Forms based. Does it work? If not can you at least acc...

Installing Access XP alongside Office Std
XP SR2. Office 2003 Standard installed (an upgrade from Office XP Professional). I need to use Access for a month or two only. Is it safe to install Access from the XP Professional Suite CD? thanks HG Hi Helen, > Office 2003 Standard installed (an upgrade from Office XP Professional). ?? Office Standard would be a downgrade vs. Office Professional... > I need to use Access for a month or two only. Or, you might get hooked like the rest of us and be using it much longer! :-) > Is it safe to install Access from the XP Professional Suite CD? I would think you should be fine ...

Formula display errors
I recently posted a query regarding a spreadsheet which displayed "#N/A" in error from a reference to a worksheet in another spreadsheet - but only when the source spreadsheet wasn't open. Suffice to say the formula is a straight =(a cell in another worksheet in another spreadsheet) which works OK in other cells. The formats in the source worksheet were copied down but the error persisted in only the one cell. Formats in both the source and target cells were copied down again resulting in the error persisting in only the one cell. I found that the problem resolved by d...

macro to continue running if error
Hi, I have the following macro that is working fine. It is looking at a specified worksheet array and executing the macro "Filter" on each worksheets. However, in case one of the worksheet is not existing, I would like the macro to pass the non existing worksheet and continue running on the next available worksheet. I tried adding the following statement: "On Error Resume Next" at the beginning but it is passing everything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sub UpdateAll() For Each sh In Worksheets(Array("1", "2", "3", ...

Resolving KDC error... which SPN do I remove???
Hi all. Using the LDAP tool I have found that my domain controller and my admin account have two matching Service Prinicipal Names. HOST/COMPUTER NAME Host/COMPUTER NAME.mydomain.com Everything that I have read tells me to delete the duplicate SPN. How do I know which item to remove the duplicate from? Do I remove it from the Domain Controller or the Admin account? Thanks for any help! Hank Hank, did you have any luck this, can you share how to resolve the KDC error? thanx, Joe "Hank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f5ca01c457c1$50fe3c...

Get rid of Publisher/Frontpage Installation!
A few months ago, I clicked on internet explorer and up popped a Microsoft Publisher/Front Page installer. (I have Publisher, not Front Page) I have tried, many times, to install the programs, delete publisher, and many other things. These installers pop up every time a new page is brought up...Even when I open AOL instant Messanger and Msn instant messanger. How do I get rid of this?? please help me! Alyssa wrote: > A few months ago, I clicked on internet explorer and up > popped a Microsoft Publisher/Front Page installer. (I have > Publisher, not Front Page) I have tried, ma...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Exchange SMTP que locking up/348 errors
Ok. I've seen this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;842801 I am having this issue and it is causing me major issues with my Exchange 2003 Cluster. Problem thought is that I don't believe these messages are being digitally signed. So is there anything else I should be looking at? In the last exciting episode, "Todd S" <toddflbass@{ihatespam}yahoo.com> wrote: >Ok. I've seen this: > >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- >us;842801 > >I am having this issue and it is causing me major issues >with...