KB976098 won't install. Error code 800F0900, unknown error

Windows update fails to install KB976098.  Also tried manually to install
with same failing result.  Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09.

"Tgray" wrote:

> Windows update fails to install KB976098.  Also tried manually to install
> with same failing result.  Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09.
I use Windows 7, 64 bit version.
Update KB976098 gets into an eternal update loop every time. It never
finishes, not even after a full night waiting. If I then press sleep or
hybernate, the system continues updating when I restart again and I cannot do
anything else but wait. It displays the message "Installing update 1 of 1"
and nothing else happens. If I perform a hard reset by pressing my start key
for 5 seconds the system finally stops, but when I then restart I get the
error message that the system was shut down wrongly. To be able to proceed at
all I then have to choose for the option: "Start Windows normally”, otherwise
things go wrong again.
I have looked into several options to solve this problem. I even tried to
stop the update service and then delete the folder
"C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution”. This went well and on restarting the
update service this folder was newly installed. However, also this did not
help. After  a day or so, the automatic updates try to install KB976098 again
and I have the same problems all over.
Does anyone know a solution ?

"Michael" wrote:

> I use Windows 7, 64 bit version.
> Update KB976098 gets into an eternal update loop every time. It never
> finishes, not even after a full night waiting. If I then press sleep or
> hybernate, the system continues updating when I restart again and I cannot do
> anything else but wait. It displays the message "Installing update 1 of 1"
> and nothing else happens. If I perform a hard reset by pressing my start key
> for 5 seconds the system finally stops, but when I then restart I get the
> error message that the system was shut down wrongly. To be able to proceed at
> all I then have to choose for the option: "Start Windows normally”, otherwise
> things go wrong again.
> I have looked into several options to solve this problem. I even tried to
> stop the update service and then delete the folder
> "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution”. This went well and on restarting the
> update service this folder was newly installed. However, also this did not
> help. After  a day or so, the automatic updates try to install KB976098 again
> and I have the same problems all over.
> Does anyone know a solution ?
>

> "cutegrl" wrote:
>

> > "Tgray" wrote:
> >
> > > Windows update fails to install KB976098.  Also tried manually to install
> > > with same failing result.  Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09.

Oops, didn't think this was the post screen.
Anyway, if you're using Comodo Firewall and possible the AV as well, disable
them.

I found that when I disabled the firewall, I don't use Comodo AV, I use
MSSE, that the update installed perfectly.
I'm using Win 7 on a Toshiba Satellite L355-7902 3gb ram, 250gb disk.
Pretty standard so I don't have t the new BSOD that has cropped up.
Hope this helps.

New Installation
I'd like to reformat my hard drive and install XP Pro. Does MS still support it to the extent that it will provide Service Pack updates, drivers, Security updates, etc.? Also, is there an SP3 for XP Pro? <PeoplesChoice@Chicago.net> wrote in message news:8rg816huagr9ms0levo26n74uljjp002go@4ax.com... > I'd like to reformat my hard drive and install XP Pro. Does MS still > support it to the extent that it will provide Service Pack updates, > drivers, Security updates, etc.? Also, is there an SP3 for XP Pro? As long as SP3 is installed, support, (i.e. updat...

Error in closing Outlook

CObject Private method access error

new installation and my inbox doesn't show hotmail folders or mai.
Help I can't get Inbox to display any items from my hotmail inbox, they all display in a separate folder Http accounts will always have a separate folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Faith asked: | Help I can't get Inbox to display any items from my hotmail inbox, | they all display in a separate folder ...

New 2005 Installation.
Am trying to install 2005 fresh, ie not an upgrade. I get stopped at the passport screen. I enter my passport email address and password but it tells me one is incorrect. I can go to MSN and sign into passport with no problem using the same password and email. Any help??? Do you have a firewall? You might have to make changes. "Dean Davis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:387701c4aa42$2c1f51b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Am trying to install 2005 fresh, ie not an upgrade. I > get stopped at the passport screen. I enter my passport > ema...

powerpoint and excel errors report message on windows boot
Everytime I turn on the computer I get these error messsages from Powerpoint and Excel with a request to send the error report to Microsoft. Even though the programs are not running at boot obviously. Why would I get such an error at boot when these programs are not even running? And is there a way to turn of error reporting entirely? this is Windows XP pro .... Excel 2002 SP3 & Powerpoint 2002 SP3 You have a better chance if you post in the Excel and Powerpoint newsgroups. This is the Outlook newsgroup. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://...

installation problems #2
I get a message stating that message are failing to be sent or received. The suggestionis the server name or port location may be wrong I want to use outlook for an existing email account. Could I get some guidance on how to set this up. Thanks foryour help ndtjohn@crystalpeaks.com You usually go to your ISP support pages for info on setup, but I note your ISP is lacking in any visible support The setup is specific to your ISP "ndtjohn" <ndtjohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:056058EE-B36D-4EBD-9095-5499AB4A4625@microsoft.com... > I get a message statin...

Error Message while using the send to option in Excel or Word
The message "Could not open one or more attachments" pops up whenever we use the "send to" option in Excel or Word. Any ideas why? What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer pating <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | The message "Could not open one or more attachments" pops | up whenever we use the "send to" option in Excel or Word. ...

Install issues 10-05-06
Did a first install, but 'step 11' did not warn to write down the URL to attempt to bring up CRM. Where in the installation can I find the URL?????? This is not SBS so localhost:5555 does not help. I don't think we had any users set up in the DC when CRM was installed onto some test servers. There is an OU setup. Can this be an issue? Is there a default admin logon anyway? When attempting to run registration, I get: SQL Server does not exist or access denied. by the way, will running registration on a test server create issue for us when using the same license for pr...

Displaying colour codes in Word 2007
I know this one isn't new, but that isn't a reason not to protest. There seems to be a conspiracy at M$ to drive the largest possible number of people MAD. When you select or inspect the colour of text or another item in Word 2007, the colour codes (rgb) are no longer diplayed in this version. Apparantly, this is because Word has been dumbed down for the benefit of people who've never seen a computer. If you want to choose a colour that matches another part of the document or an imported item, you need a large number of mouse clics. Even then it is far from obv...

"Automation error Catastrofic failure"
I got this message as soon as I open an excel file that has some macro's to do calculations and change some of the user interface. I think it is connected to Office service pack 3 that I loaded, because the error occured a day or two after that when I had to open the specific file in question. The file was created in excel 97 and subsequently saved in excel XP when we upgraded. I have other files that were created in XP first time and they do not give this error. It requires me to shut down Excel using the task list in task manager. I am very desperate (last thing to try is dele...

SPS 2003 installation want to integrate Business Portal 3.0
Any thoughts for me as I launch into the installation of Business Portal 3.0? Here is my current setup. Currently: Microsoft Dynamics 9.0 SP2 - Installed on a Windows Server 2003 SP1 call it DOG1 SQL Server 2000 SP4 Share Point Portal Server 2003 (currently installed and we use the Portal and Sharepoint services sites everyday) Installed on a Windows Server 2003 SP1 call it DOG2 My questions so far is should I install the Business Portal on a seperate server? Or can I install it into DOG2? The instructions and manuals do not really gointo explanation on installing the BP 3.0 into an...

Understanding Timer Pause code
I have created the following Event Procedure for On Timer (the Timer Interval is set to 10000): Private Sub Form_Timer() 'On the forms timer event close the start-up form DoCmd.Close acForm, "Diana'sStartUpForm" 'Open up the main switchboard form when the start-up form closes DoCmd.OpenForm "Switchboard" End Sub I have subsequently created a Pause Button called Pause This Screen with the following Event Procedure (which I don’t understand but copied it from the Internet and modified it where I THOUGHT it needed to be modified to ...

Windows Search Install Error
I have tried repeatedly to install the new search engine from MS. The installation errors off with the following .log entry: 00:00.031: INFO: Opening log for preliminary WDSSetup.exe actions 00:00.031: Started: 2010/03/09 (Y/M/D) 10:23:01.609 (local) 00:00.047: Command line: 00:14.110: INFO: ****** Found 2 Read-Only keys. ****** 00:14.141: ERROR: Error backing up the ACLs on the following key(s): 00:14.156: INFO: HKLM\Software\Classes\.xsl 00:14.156: INFO: HKLM\Software\Classes\.xml 00:14.172: INFO: Closing down log for WDSSetup.exe logging The information is too ...

Windows Update failure code
I can't update definitions in Windows Defender and get this message: The program can't check for definition updates. Error found: Code 0xc8000408 Can someone please tell me what this means and what to do? I can't find any info yet. I have Windows Vista Home Premium edition with SP2 installed and running IE9 or whatever the latest one is that I uploaded a few months ago. I have not gotten this error message until just the last few days. Thank you. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice C# Mutipart MIME Encoding Library using CDO http://www.eggheadcafe.c...

Error trying to create an ACCDE file
When trying to create a ACCDE file I get an error ... The Access database engine can only create a maximum of 2048 open TableIDs at one time. Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can exceed ... I have 4 related tables and about 20 forms; but I would not think my program is that big? I really do not what to deploy an editable version .... what do I do? On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:07:00 -0500, BobC <Bob.CallenNoSpamm@cox.net> wrote: I would: Reboot Compact all databases Relink all linked tables Try again. KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/202304 does not...

MSDE Install Fails
I start the install process and it fails at the installing MSDE. I've tried installing SP4 MSDE separately and it fails still as well. The system reports "Fatal error during installation.". When I install manually I get "A strong SA password is required for security reasons. Please use SAPWD switch to supply the same. Refer to readme for more details. Setup will now exit." Below is the log file of the manual install as I could set a trace on it. Anyone ever experience this and have a solution? John === Logging started: 9/27/2006 13:44:39 === Action 13:44:39: INSTA...

Error Message
I am trying to put additional charts into an existing workbook and I keep getting the error "No more new fonts may be inserted into this spreadsheet" Then Excel shuts down. What is happening? Hi, Have a read of Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html Cheers Andy GabbyMary wrote: > I am trying to put additional charts into an existing workbook and I keep > getting the error "No more new fonts may be inserted into this spreadsheet" > Then Excel shuts down. What is happening? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.i...

Outlook error #31
I keep getting this error, is there any way to resolve it? OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61. Thanks for any help..... Leslie M. Spivey ...

Error when send email from campaign response using template through workflow
Hello, There is an invalid argument error shown in workflow records if send email from campaign response using template. Is it impossible to send email in this way ? ...

Collections management Query letters print error
In GP I am getting an error message "A get/change first operation on table 'CN_Printer_settings' has caused an unknown error (469)" when I try to print invoices, statements, and Letters from a Query. Then when I continue I get a message that says, "A save operation on table 'CN_Printing_settings' has filled the disk" Could someone please help me fix this? Thanks, Jon ...

Outlook 2002 SMTP timeout error
Running Outlook 2002 SP2 on XP. I am also running my own SMTP server (QK SMTP Server) on the same machine so that I do not need to reconfigure email accounts when traveling and connecting via various ISPs. Quite frequently when sending email from Outlook, the log of the SMTP server shows that Outlook has correctly authenticated with the server, but the actual email message is not sent from Outlook to the Server and it remains in my outbox. Outlook eventually times out with an SMTP timeout error 0x8004210B and will continue to retry. At this time, I can either stop and restart the SMTP serv...

How install Microsoft Publisher 2000 install with XP
Do I insert the Microsoft 2000 cd rom, it says to install, if I say yess will it give me the options to install on ly publisher? I am afraid it will wipe out what i have insatlled with XP.Thanks Bev Bev <Bev@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Do I insert the Microsoft 2000 cd rom, it says to install, if I say > yess will it give me the options to install on ly publisher? I am > afraid it will wipe out what i have insatlled with XP. Installing Publisher 2000 will not wipe out anything. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

KB976098 install fails all the time
I cannot get this update to install. Perhaps I don't really need it. The desciption of why it fails is totally worthless. Error Code: 0x8007F0F4 Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following resources. For self-help options: Frequently Asked Questions Find Solutions Windows Update Newsgroup Any ideas? See the section "Updates from the previous cumulative Windows time zone update" in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976098. If you don't live in one of those time zones, you can hide this update. tkosel wrote:...

Calendar synchronization errors
Hello, one of my users got a very persistent problem with Calendar Synchronization; most of the time (not always) when he add an entry to the calendar it will disappear within 30 seconds and when checking the Synch error folder for the entry in question he gets following: After disabling synchronisation ( Cached Exchange Mode) it is no longer possible to add Calender entries but Outlook generates "Unknown error" instead. This is a Exchange server problem since the same problem persists no matter which client we use so I wonder if the problem happens to be familiar? 12:27:54 Sy...