KB951847 update failures for .NET Framework Family Ver 2 - 3.5

My issue started about a month ago when the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 security
update failed. I had ver. 1, 1.1, 2, 3 and 3.5 installed.
I followed the info in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 but when I
attempted to reinstall the versions I previously had I couldn't get past Ver.
1.1 SP1. Ver. 2
I then found
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/466a006f-ab47-4bba-a625-b221681c77b8/
 Which allowed the install of Ver.2 but not the SPs nor Ver 3 or 3.5 the ones
my software requires.
I had installed Ver. 4 after the above trouble but my software doesn't work
with it.
I  opened a case with MS PCSecurity on 6-26 but after 3 seperate attempts
and 9+ hours on their part they have caused more harm then good. Latest was a
Windows Repair which took me nearly 5 hours to get back to the state I was in
before that attempted fix. It didn't help with .NET installation.  I'm still
stuck at Ver. 2.0
The PC is home built running Win XP Pro w/SP3, IE 8 and as of this morning
has all the current High Priority updates except KB951847.

Koinos wrote:
> My issue started about a month ago when the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
> Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 security
> update failed. I had ver. 1, 1.1, 2, 3 and 3.5 installed.
> I followed the info in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 but when I
> attempted to reinstall the versions I previously had I couldn't get past Ver.
> 1.1 SP1. Ver. 2
> I then found
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/466a006f-ab47-4bba-a625-b221681c77b8/
>  Which allowed the install of Ver.2 but not the SPs nor Ver 3 or 3.5 the ones
> my software requires.
> I had installed Ver. 4 after the above trouble but my software doesn't work
> with it.
> I  opened a case with MS PCSecurity on 6-26 but after 3 seperate attempts
> and 9+ hours on their part they have caused more harm then good. Latest was a
> Windows Repair which took me nearly 5 hours to get back to the state I was in
> before that attempted fix. It didn't help with .NET installation.  I'm still
> stuck at Ver. 2.0
> The PC is home built running Win XP Pro w/SP3, IE 8 and as of this morning
> has all the current High Priority updates except KB951847.

Can you ping me directly at sbradcpa@pacbell.net?
0
Susan
7/1/2010 7:40:27 AM
I had the same problem.  I didn't want to go through the long process of
deleting everything and reinstalling - which doesn't seem to work for many
anyway - so I just went to the website and downloaded the update from there
as a download.  I then re-started my PC and when I came back on, the update
shield was gone.  I double-checked My Updates, and it indicated that all
updates were okay.

"Susan Bradley" wrote:

> Koinos wrote:
> > My issue started about a month ago when the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
> > Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 security
> > update failed. I had ver. 1, 1.1, 2, 3 and 3.5 installed.
> > I followed the info in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 but when I
> > attempted to reinstall the versions I previously had I couldn't get past Ver.
> > 1.1 SP1. Ver. 2
> > I then found
> > http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/466a006f-ab47-4bba-a625-b221681c77b8/
> >  Which allowed the install of Ver.2 but not the SPs nor Ver 3 or 3.5 the ones
> > my software requires.
> > I had installed Ver. 4 after the above trouble but my software doesn't work
> > with it.
> > I  opened a case with MS PCSecurity on 6-26 but after 3 seperate attempts
> > and 9+ hours on their part they have caused more harm then good. Latest was a
> > Windows Repair which took me nearly 5 hours to get back to the state I was in
> > before that attempted fix. It didn't help with .NET installation.  I'm still
> > stuck at Ver. 2.0
> > The PC is home built running Win XP Pro w/SP3, IE 8 and as of this morning
> > has all the current High Priority updates except KB951847.
> >
> Can you ping me directly at sbradcpa@pacbell.net?
> .

print long column--2 pages side by side on one paper
i have a long narrow list and wondered if there was an option to print two pages on one so that there is not lots of pages with blank white area. I tried the option in Page Setup, "Options", "Outlay" and it appeared like you could choose 2 page up, etc., but print preview shows it as the same one page to a page. THANK YOU! Is there any way to search this newsgroups for subject matter in the postings? Hi, Yes, go to: File > Page setup. Then on the form that show up: go to the tab Sheet Click on Options. On the new form that popup, in the tab Layout, enter t...

Macro to Update Chart
I have data that I want to draw a line chart too. When I change the data I want to see the changes in the chart. Can some one point me in the right direction of simple charting and macro's? -- ddng ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ddng's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20031 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346867 Select the data range then click the ChartWizard button on the toolbar. Follow directions to create the kind of chart you want. When you change the da...

Filtering Platform Connection Audit Failure
I'm getting Event ID 5157 security log audit failures related to the SharePoint mssearch service that I can't resolve--all of the basic stuff looks right to me. This a single-server implementation of WSS 3.0 SP1 on Windows Server 2008 R2 (SP, IIS, SQL Server, and search all running on the same machine). Can anyone suggest an effective way to troubleshoot this? ------=_NextPart_0001_62D1EDCA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Administrative tools -> Sharepoint Central admin -> Operations -> services on server -> Windows sharepoint servi...

Windows updates v Norton IS
I have just (Wed 13th Jan pm) installed the latest automatically downloaded XP updates, including the usuall malicious software removal tool. After running the installation, I rebooted. Since then Norton Internet Security 2010 has failed to load on bootup, and non of its utilities will run manually. I think I will reinstall Norton, just to be on the safe side. Has anyone else encountered something similar? Any thoughts on what is causing it? Cheers Stuart On Jan 13, 3:00=A0pm, "Stuart Falconer" <stu...@sfalco.plus.com> wrote: > I have just (Wed 13th Jan...

Outlook Profile Update
Hello, Here is my situation: Presently, we have Outlook 2003 on our 100 desktops with a single IMAP profile (presently using a Linux IMAP server). We're standing up our first E2K3 server today. We'll be manually walking around tonight and adding a 2nd MAPI profile pointing to the new E2K3 server. This weekend, we'll be migrating the mailbox data to the E2K3 mailboxes and come Monday morning, we would like all the users mail profiles to be reversed (i.e. we want the MAPI to E2K3 profile primary and the present IMAP one 2ndry). Does anyone know if this is possible via a l...

Regarding Update Resource Problem
Hi All, Actually i have some problems in putting back the extracted resources form an exe using the UpdateResource function. I could extract all the contents of the dialog resource from the exe.I was just trying to update them back to the exe facing some problems in it.Here is the list of steps we have followed . 1.LoadLibrary -> Map the specified executable module into the address space of the calling process. 2.EnumResource -> Check for the list of available resource 3.FindResource -> Find the specified resource. 4.LoadResource -> Load specified resource into globa...

Update Button
The goal is to have an ultra simplified system for updating a spreadsheet�s status (i.e. a button that says "update dates"). The update will come from a dbase or lotus 1-2-3 (the only two export options) output from project management software and saved periodically at "c:\MPIC.dbf". Upon clicking the "update dates button� in the worksheet the new dates will be retrieved from the (unopened) .dbf using a vlookup type function (lookup the activity and return me the two dates). I have tried just a simple vlookup function, but excel will not stayed linked with a .dbf, ...

Powershell 2 Install SBS 2008
I have a small office running SBS2008 on a Dell 610 Server, 64bit. I am the owner and sysadmin, though a novice, not an IT guru. My problem is that WSUS installed Powershell 2.0 and then proceeded to crash after taking well over an hour and a half to install. It was taking a long time to install so I decided to head to lunch and just let it run by itself. After I got back an hour later, (90 min of installing so far) it re-booted, with the onscreen message to not turn off the computer, it took another hour or so, and appeared to be hung up. I thought it had permanently damaged t...

How to reduce load on exisisting server 5.5?
HI I have currently 1100 users on NT 4.0 exhchange 5.5 sp4 machine. This machine is also the PDC. The peak processor utilization is around 75% to 80 % . The server is already dual processor with 2GB RAM and memory/processor resource upgrade is out of question. The total Exchnage database is aroung 8GB(priv+pub) My Managment wants me to add additonal 100 users on this server .But I don' t want to degrade the server performance anymore by additional users mail boxes in the same server.I have though of the following alternatives.you guys pls advice if its ok. 1. Will be adding a new S...

Update field (multiple criteria and updates)
I would like to update 2 fields with the following Where [item description] like "*BASIC*" update [item description] = "BASIC" and [item] = "HITS" Where [item description] like "*FARE*" update [item description] = "FARE" and [item] = "HITS" Where [item description] like "*SEARCH*" update [item description] = "SEARCH" and [item] = "HITS" I typically use design view to set up queries and I can only do one of the three changes in this view. Is there are way to write this in sql to do all thr...

SBA 2006 Fails to process batch from RMS 2.0
SBA 2006 is frequently failing to import POS batches with the following message "The batch cannot be posted to the General Ledger since the batch debits do not qual credits Press OK to mark this batch as processed Press Cancel to skip this batch" ...

Update local table with Sybase ODBC data in update query
I need a couple of lines of code here. I have a linked Access97 table tblAccess, and a linked Sybase table tblSybase, in my Access97 db. I use a key field to link them. When I run the update query on these 2 tables to update a field in tblAccess, I get a popup to log into Sybase, which must be remedied in order to automate the process. I tried inserting a connection string: ODBC;DSN=[DSN name];UID=[login];PWD=[pwd];DATABASE=[dbase];, in the appropriate query property, but then it can't find tblAccess. I am running this query from VBA, so how do I get this thing working? Thanks, Bill R...

RE: Multiple 2 cell into another
How do I Multiple 2 cells on the same row into a third cell in another cell? Not side by side. Example: I have the number 3 in cell E. I need to Multiple it with the amount in Cell F (which is $) and put total in side H. Example (E) 3 x (F)$18.00 = (H) $54.00 Thank You Mark =E1*F1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mark" <drdinoz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:30D19D44-080A-4442-AFDC-0FEB7918432C@microsoft.com... > How do I Multiple 2 cells on the same row into a third cell in another cell? Not side by side. Example: I have the number 3 in cell E. I need to Multip...

Publisher Mail merge #2
Trying to inport a file from Excel2000 into Publisher( 2000) for a mail merge. Once I choose the correct file it keeps telling me that the named range is invalid. What does this mean and how do I name it? If you told us what version of Windows you were using it would have been a great help. Do a SAVE AS in Excel to CSV (Comma Separated Values) and use that file to merge with Publisher. Also go to www.microsoft.com/data and update your MDAC components -- If you told us what version of Windows you were using it would have been a great help. Do a SAVE AS in Excel to CSV (Comma Separ...

Excel 98 Question
Not sure if this is an issue on our LAN or if this is an Excel 98 bug - I have got some spreadsheets that after I update the source data for charts (on manual calculation) the actual chart will not reflect the change. If I select the series and hit enter on the formula bar, the chart updates. Any suggestions? thanks -- duane ------------------------------------------------------------------------ duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=319019 I don't use Excel 98...

Formulas do not update
Excel 2003 - Formulas on one worksheet (pMon) referring to another worksheet (pCSRs) all-of-a-sudden stopped updating when the information on the second worksheet changed. These are simple formulas without calculation, such as =pCSRs!F92. Calculation is set to automatic, and even when I press F9 they don't update. This has worked for a long time, but I have recently been making changes to other worksheets by importing data from another similar workbook. However none of the problem formulas involved have a reference to the other workbook (nothing like ='[Workbook2]pC...

unable to trash after updating
I've run the updates from 10.0 to 10.1.5 and I can't get rid the excel application v10.1.0 . If this file is in the trash while I'm emptying it, the computer freeze... I've tried to erase from the root access with the same result. If someone can help... Robert Pelletier ...

Money 2004-unable to update fund prices and MSN headlines
For the past 10 days I have been unable to update my portfolio fund prices and the MSN headlines from the Money (2004) homepage. When I click update now, nothing happens. The little box that says it is updating securities never pops up. Anyone know what might be wrong? I have tried the possible fixes that microsoft provides in the knowledge base and even did an uninstall and reinstall with no luck. Everything else seems to work fine. Thanks. I think I just figured it out myself. I only get two years of online services so that is why it stopped updating. "jq" wrote: &g...

WMP12 Multimedia Catalog update
My problem is that whenever I open the WMP12 program the system starts automatically update your library up delays and sometimes even duplicate the songs present on the lists. Also, if I close the program and then restart, in the same session, after a few seconds they disappear from the catalog duplicates and everything returns to work normally. Sometimes that happens even, when you start program, the catalog does not appear any of the files that were previously present and then gradually begin to appear during the upgrade that make automatically. In all WMP that I used before I...

Update command to update field
In sql server I can run the following query command to update QtyOnPO field. UPDATE ItemsDetails SET QtyOnPO = QtyOnPO + 1 WHERE (ItemDetailID = 1) This will add 1 to QtyOnPO field. In VB.NET how can I use this? The following is my code but it gives an error "Name 'QtyOnPO' is not declared". ExecNonQuery("UPDATE Pricing SET QtyOnPO = " & QtyOnPO + row.Cells(Me.Qty.Index).Value & " WHERE ItemDetailID = " & intItemDetailID) Please help Jay wrote: > In sql server I can run the following...

Service Pack 2 of Great Plains
Just wonder if Service Pack 2 of Great Plains will update Integration Manager 8.0, since I am going to install IM 8.0 on the GP8.0 SP2 application. Thanks Alexis, Integration Manager has its own service packs, the GP service pack will not update it. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Alexis" <Alexis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2FE1AA6-9473-4649-98D7-CA4CD128E0CB@microsoft.com... > Just wonder if Service Pack 2 of Great Plains will update Integration > Manager > 8.0, since I am going to install IM 8.0 on the GP8.0 SP2 application. > > Thank...

Updating charts
I'm trying to update a chart with more data. I choose 'source data', 'series' then 'values' and select the data i want to add using the ctrl button but i'm not able to select some of the cells in the worksheet. When i try to select these cells the 'Source data - values' box empties. Is anyone able to help with this? It would be greatly appreciated. There's a limit to the number of characters that you can enter in the Data Range box. As a workaround, you could define the range of cells that you want to use, and enter the range name in the Data Ra...

sending email problems #2
We have a exchange 2003 server that is trying to send emails to one specific domain (jtslumber.com) with failures. If you were to do a nslookup on their mx record, it would return mx1.123together.com and mx2.123together (with a weight of 0 then 5). When our server attempts to send the email, it sends it to mx2 address first. On many occasions, this address is not running, so our server delays the message and then finally fails to send. Is there a way to set up the server so that it will try to send to the 'backup' address if there has been a failure? It seems to keep the mx2...

update org chart
Hi, I've created an org chart based on a excel-table (both 2007). The shapes are linked to the table. The chart is successfully updated, when there are changes in the data-lines or a person is deleted. But when I add a new person, the table with the external data is updated, but there is no shape created. Is there a possibility to add the shape automatically to the org chart? Thanks - Angelika you have to re-run the wizard if you are going to be adding and deleting people to the chart. al "Angelika Bodein" <a.bodein@sonnenklar.net> wrote in mess...

Emails not updated in mailbox
I am a new user to Entourage and have discovered that it may take hours for my new messages to find their way into my Inbox. Sometimes when I close and reopen Entourage the messages will appear, sometimes not. I create a new account with the same settings and they are downloaded but not the existing account. Now the new account stopped updating as well. Anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks in advance, newbie On 6/3/10 2:49 PM, in article C82D8D84.1B8E%angela.criswell@rigaku.com, "Angela Criswell" <angela.criswell@rigaku.com> wrote: > I am a new user to Entou...