KB 91185 won't install from Windows Update

Like a few questions before this one, the 'HID non-user input data filter'
updates {2 of them} seem to fail. I did hide them, but now it seems the 2 USB
ports on the outside of my tower, no longer work! The 2 on the back of the
tower work: they have an optical keyoboard and a printer...both work.
When I use devmgmt.msc and disable them, nothing. Then I enable and 'scan
for hardware changes', and it seems to put them 'back', but then says there's
an error with the ''HID non-user input data filter'  again?
So I guess I need the fixes, but...! Someone says earlier to check with the
vendor re drivers, but who's the vendor? The USBs came installed!?

dmarklinger wrote:
> Like a few questions before this one, the 'HID non-user input data
> filter' updates {2 of them} seem to fail. I did hide them, but now
> it seems the 2 USB ports on the outside of my tower, no longer
> work! The 2 on the back of the tower work: they have an optical
> keyoboard and a printer...both work.
> When I use devmgmt.msc and disable them, nothing. Then I enable and
> 'scan for hardware changes', and it seems to put them 'back', but
> then says there's an error with the ''HID non-user input data
> filter'  again?
> So I guess I need the fixes, but...! Someone says earlier to check
> with the vendor re drivers, but who's the vendor? The USBs came
> installed!?

Hardware issues with drivers?

Get the latest motherboard chipset drivers for your computer form the
manufatcuer's web page - not Microsoft.

BTW - you missed a number in the KB######...

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan

Install BCM
I must be really special :( I have to Office 2003 Professional CD's. I cannot find how I can install BCM. What am I missing? I thought BCM was supposed to be on the cd. ...

Buttons in another window
Hi All, I I have more than one window of a workbook, buttons work only on window No. 1. Can it be achieved somehow that buttons work on other wondows, too? -- Regards! Stefi you need to have a macro for each button but the macros can call a common subroutine located in a module place in a vba sheet Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Call Commonbutton(ActiveSheet) End Sub Place in a moudle Sub Commonbutton(Sht as Variant) end Sub -- joel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joel's Profile: 229 View th...

12.2.0 will not install
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to install 12.2.0 on a MacBook with System 10.5.7. Everything downloads. It runs through the install process until it gets to destination select. No destination disk shows. Now what do I do? Do you have Mac Office 2008 [v12] installed & updated to at least 12.1.0? There isn't enough info about your current installation. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 7/20/09 6:33 PM, in article 59b78758.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "bytwerk@officeformac.com" <bytwerk@officeformac....

Microsoft $ updates
I am using Microsoft $ 2006 Deluxe. Where do you find out in Money when your stock updates will end? I know it is for 2 years but I don't know the actual date. I looked in the help section but no luck, Thanks If you look in the EULA (Help | (something or other)), there is a "two years or [something], whichever comes first". All indications are that the [something] date will be the one. Apparently they ran amok on the actual dates somewhere along the way. "Charles Eaves" <charles.eaves@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:eW3uksJUIHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP03.ph...

After Installing SB Accounting
I have Office 2003 and have installed Business Contact Manager. Had no problem sending and recieving at that point. Received Small Business Accounting and installed that. The installation included MSSQL service Manager. Since that installation, I can receive all email but cannot send any email longer that about two lines. Is the MSSQL mgr causing this problem and what do I need to do to overcome this problem. I am on a home network with 4 other comuters and have Office 2003 on a laptop and have no problem sending email from that computer. I have not installed the SB Accounting program ...

scrolling window restriction problem
I have an application that uses a physical SQL table to store temporary information that fills a scrolling window. It basically does the following: 1) user opens the window that contains the scrolling window 2) a script processes that runs a stored procedure that a) removes all records for this user b) puts records in the table for the currently viewed item 3) uses the "fill window" command to fill the scrolling window This works fine until another user also opens up the window. They get both the first users' and their data. Is there a way to "restrict" t...

Outlook 2003 launches window installer at startup
Hi, I sync a Compaq iPAQ with my laptop. ActiveSync was proving temperamental so I uninstalled. However, when I next started up Outlook 2003, the Windows Installer started up. Any suggestions/advice? Thanks, Stephen Does it stop appearing if you let it run? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote T...

CRM and KB article 815154
I have installed Microsoft CRM Server on a Windows Server 2000 SP4 machine running Microsoft Small Business Server 2000. I have installed all the needed software, including SQL Server SP2, Exchange 2000, IIS, Indexing services, Message Queuing, etc. When I try to launch CRM I get the error message: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your sysmem administrator". The event viewer basically says "select permsision denied on object "SystemUSer", database MSCRM". I found KB article 815154 (HOW TO: Configure SQL Server Security for .NET appli...

Office 2007 Install error
I have been attempting to install Office 07 and am getting the error code 2203. I've been on the MS support site and made the mods requested(i.e. start, stop, change the permissions etc...) and I'm still getting the error code. Dose anyone have any recomendations. Was this the kb article? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2000547 "freneticmonk" <freneticmonk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CF08C18-4584-4703-80A6-6A3C1DC4411D@microsoft.com... >I have been attempting to install Office 07 and am getting the error code > 2203. I've ...

new to windows mail
i am purely trying to use this program to respond to ads in craigslist. I am new to this program and have no idea how to set it up. When i click on the address of the ad i would like to respond to an error message pops up saying "the host 'yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly." Well how do I change the server name. Honestly, I just want to get this thing working so please help this not so computer savvy person. You may be asking the wrong question. Do you really want to get Windows Mail working, or do you just...

Excel update on broadcast
Hello Fellow Excel Developers, I am using excel sheet from VB. On firing of a particular user drive event excel sheet is opened with some data (list of exchange trade symbols). As rate of these symbols keep on changing very frequently probably 3 o 4 times in one second. Broadcast events are raised from VB to chang Worksheet in excel(no VBA coding is done in excel. All coding is in V only). Row is found in excel sheet for matching symbol and market parameter are updated in excel sheet. The problem is Excel is eating up lot of CPU utilization sometime t the extent of 70 - 80%. Can any on...

Outlook Window Resizing in RegEdit
I have had a problem with some software which appears to have sized the Outlook window to a size which makes it disappear from the screen. If I Alt Tab to it and hit Alt and the Down Arrow, I can see the menu's, but no window. If I Maximise it from the Task Bar then it runs full screen, but I want to run it at the original half- screen sized window. I know that there is a way of editing the size of the window in the System Registry. Does anyone know where this can be done? I am fairly competent with Reg Edit. Thanks. ...

installing microsoft pop3 connector on sbs
When I recently installed our exchange server for sbs, the pop3 connector wasn't installed, for some reason. Anyone know where the option is to install it? On 5 Mar 2007 21:07:00 -0800, "talkinggoat" <johnmclaren_99@yahoo.com> wrote: >When I recently installed our exchange server for sbs, the pop3 >connector wasn't installed, for some reason. Anyone know where the >option is to install it? If you insist on such an action might I ask that you go and ask in the SBS newsgroups. Meanwhile, to save yourself a good deal of time and grey hairs I will point you at ...

Windows cannot complete the extraction
I recently downloaded the updates for Windows Vista. Up until then I had been able to open a compressed zip folder containing images. Since then when I try to open the file I get the message "Windows cannot complete the extraction . The destination file could not be created" I have downloaded the file twice, moved it to another file and to my desktop from downloads, that doesn't help. My internet people cannot help me as this is a computer problem, they don't do that! Please tell me in layman's terms, as I am a novice, how to fix this and/or to uninstall...

KB 228509 Anyone have the fix?
I found the KB article 228509 describing my exact problem, but Microsoft wants me to pay money to contact them to get the fix. Has anyone already done this and/or does anyone know what the fix is? Thanks Eric ...

Internet TV & Windows 7
Is there any way of adding to Windows 7 a URL from a TV web site that broadcasts via the internet? For example, Windows 7 already comes with a number of Internet TV sites pre-programmed. I'd simply like to add my own URL, say from one of the over 3,000 wwitv.com internet TV streams. sorry, that cannot be done. On Thu, 13 May 2010 13:39:32 -0400, me <me@me.me> wrote: >Is there any way of adding to Windows 7 a URL from a TV web site that >broadcasts via the internet? > >For example, Windows 7 already comes with a number of Internet TV sites >pr...

update problem-crossposted
As I seem to have been abandoned by MS I thought I'd ask here. I have retail versions of Office 2003 student and teacher and Publisher 2000. These are not OEM or illegal copies. I was having numerous problems updating Office 2003 and was lead through an un-install and re-install by MS tech support. Received many updates that installed correctly until... I received a message that I needed to install updates for Office 2000 and that one had to be installed first and separately for the other to work. It would never download. After hours on the phone with MS it was determined that si...

Problem while installing Outlook Client 1.0
Hi everyone, I have a BIG problem while installing the Outlook Client for Microsoft CRM 1.0 I am installing this client on a laptop with Windows XP Professional, Office XP Professional and SQL Server 2000 Developer's Edition. I log on my computer as an admin of my Active Directory, I can access my remote CRM Server using IE an I can install the prerequisites for the Outlook Client (MSDE 2000 and everything else). The installation goes its way (I can find the CRM Server), but at the end, the installation procedure hangs and rolls back its actions ! No LOG file, no error message...

Service Packs and installing OS's?
Hi. I was wondering if someone downloaded and saved a Service Pack, installed an OS, then installed that Service Pack: Would it save them from downloading the prior service packs and updates? Eg: A person installs Windows XP with Service Pack 1. But beforehand they got a copy of Service Pack 3. They then install Service PAck 3 ontop of Service Pack 1. Hence erasing the need to get Service Pack 2. Or do you need to start from the first update and get the rest no matter what? Windows update messages told me Service packs have all the previous updates and service packs with the...

Trying to install PS2002 under SBS2003
I'm trying to install Project Server 2003 under SBS 2003. I'm doing it as in this document: http://www.sbslinks.com/pdf/ProjectServer.pdf and something's wrong. After I finish when I click on PWA link it's showing me ....localweb/ProjectServer... and this page doesn't exist. When I change it to ...server/ProjectServer (server - name of my server), I can access PWA. But when I'm trying to conect from my Project Professional 2003 to server I'm getting message : Cannot connect. Project was unable to establish a connection with the selected Project Server. This could b...

Project 2007 professional fails to install
I have just bought a copy of Microsoft Project Professional 2007. When I try to install it I get as far as Install Now. When I click on the button nothing happens for a few moments and I then get the message �Microsoft office project professional 2007 setup has stopped working� with a further message �A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available�. I then don�t get any further message after the setup program closes down. I can�t find any helpful information on the Microsoft website or in previous th...

archive will not install
Hi, I archived some emails (outlook 2007 on Vista laptop) and then saved that file to an external drive. I then had to reinstall the operating system on the laptop and lost everything except for the backups including the outlook.pst file and the archive.pst files. I re-installed the same version of Outlook 2007 and installed the emails as before. The only problem is now when I try to import or open the archive.pst file (That is its name and it is 250mb) I get an error telling me that it isn't a personal folder file. I have tried repairing it with scanpst but this doesn't...

750 KB file saves 10 times longer than a 900 KB file
We use a spreadsheet in our office that has numerous macros. This spreadsheet is approximately 750 kb. I created another file with no macros that is about 900 kb. The 900 kb file saves enormously faster that the 750 kb file with macros I spend a lot of time waiting for these files to save all day long. I have tried moving the macros to another sheet to see if that would help - but it only helped minutely. I have no add-ins checked (I saw that suggestion on another post). Any suggestions are hugely appreciated. Thank you. I've never noticed a difference in time based on if a workbook cont...

Blue Sceen after Install
After installing Windows 2000 I get a blue screen . Please help? Thank you for visiting the Windows XP Deployment newsgroup. Your question can best be answered by reposting your question in the Windows 2000 newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.win2000.general -- Carey Frisch Microsoft MVP Windows XP - Shell/User Be Smart! Protect your PC! http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Rich K." <Richk@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message: news:eNmyUutzDHA.2440@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx....

FRx 6.7 installation stop at about 80%
System Specification: Ms Windows Server 2008 Standard (32-bit) Member server joined to ActiveDirectory Ms SQL Server 2008 Standard (32-bit) FRx 6.7 Reporter GP 10.0 (SP4) is installed before FRx 6.7 Issue: During the installation of FRx 6.7 Reporter, and have defined the settings (eg Sysdata, IO_data), then it show at the progress bar, and the installation is running, but it then stop at about 80% and even after long wait it still cannot complete the installation - the progress bar remain the same. And this issue, does not prompt any error messages) Question:...