Is There an Aministrator in the House?

I'd like to update Windows Vista
0
Steve

Update your computer automatically
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/windowsupdate/automaticupdate.mspx

Windows Update: Frequently Asked Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/windowsupdate/FAQ.mspx

Automatic Updates in Vista
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/windowsupdate/learn/windowsvista.mspx

=> Excellent Vista tutorial:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial140.html

How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
Update Services installation issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

2. You cannot install some updates or programs
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

3a. Check your WindowsUpdate.log (%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log) for errors
associated with the download/install.

How to read the WindowsUpdate.log file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/mowgreen/index.php?showentry=1122
and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support
link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.

================

How do I reset the Windows Update settings?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

================

Need help?  Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

Steve Young wrote:
> I'd like to update Windows Vista

0
PA
12/20/2009 12:28:07 AM
Steve Young wrote:
> I'd like to update Windows Vista

"Administrator" you mean?

 Start button --> RUN
 (no "RUN"?  Press the "Windows Key" + R on your keyboard)
 --> type in:
   winver
 --> Click OK.

The picture at the top of the window that opens will give you the general
(Operating System name and edition) while the line starting with the word
"version" will give you the rest of the story.  Post _both_ in response
to this message verbatim.  No paraphrasing - instead - ensure
character-for-character copying.

What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using?  Easy to find
out.  Open Internet Explorer and while that is in-focus, press and hold
the "ALT" key on your keyboard.  With the "ALT" key still pressed, press
(just once, no holding) the "H" key.  Now, with the "ALT" key still
pressed,  press (just once, no holding) the "A" key.   That will bring up
the "About Internet Explorer" window.  It will give you the exact version
you are using - repeat what you see there in response to this message.

32 or 64-bit?

What exactly are you seeing and how are you trying to accomplish whatever
you are trying to accomplish?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
12/20/2009 12:47:22 AM
Steve

Is it asking you to contact your Administrator? Then sign in as the Administrator

User Name: Administrator
Password: Leave it Blank

--
Peter

> Steve Young wrote:
>> I'd like to update Windows Vista
>
> "Administrator" you mean?
>
> Start button --> RUN
> (no "RUN"?  Press the "Windows Key" + R on your keyboard)
> --> type in:
>   winver
> --> Click OK.
>
> The picture at the top of the window that opens will give you the general
> (Operating System name and edition) while the line starting with the word
> "version" will give you the rest of the story.  Post _both_ in response
> to this message verbatim.  No paraphrasing - instead - ensure
> character-for-character copying.

Windows Vista Home Premium
Version 6 (Build 6001: Service Pack 1)

> What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using?  Easy to find
> out.  Open Internet Explorer and while that is in-focus, press and hold
> the "ALT" key on your keyboard.  With the "ALT" key still pressed, press
> (just once, no holding) the "H" key.  Now, with the "ALT" key still
> pressed,  press (just once, no holding) the "A" key.   That will bring up
> the "About Internet Explorer" window.  It will give you the exact version
> you are using - repeat what you see there in response to this message.

Veraion:7.0.6001.18000

> 32 or 64-bit?

32 bit OS

> What exactly are you seeing and how are you trying to accomplish whatever
> you are trying to accomplish?

I posted this yesterday when I knew how to spell administrator ;)

"I just completed many updates from the Windows update site. With
several non critical ones left, I went back to finish.  Now I can't download
/ install because it says I need Administrator permission.  I checked user
accounts and of course there is only one account listed and it being
administrator, which I'm logged in on. I tried changing the account and it
recognizes me as an administrator and allowed me to make changes.
Applications requiring administrator work just fine but the update site
does not  :(  As per an earlier post I read here, I ran Update Agent 3,
still no joy.   How can I regain update site permission?"

Everything on the computer works dandy, but essentially, I'm locked out
of downloading from your Windows update site.

Thanks for any help.

Steve Young

> --
> Shenan Stanley
>     MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Steve
12/20/2009 4:47:23 AM
"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote

> Password: Leave it Blank

An interesting pwd. I must try that sometime...
;-)

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com
> Steve
>
> Is it asking you to contact your Administrator?

Yes, when I click 'Install Updates' at your update site, here's exactly what
it says:

You need to provide administrator permission.

To complete this task, you need to log on as an administrator or ask an
administrator to complete the task for you.

(I must not be a very good administrator, that's why I asked for one here ;)

> Then sign in as the Administrator
>
> User Name: Administrator
> Password: Leave it Blank

I wish I could, but at that point there isn't any option, just a cancel
button.

Perhaps I should share with a second user, create a new administrator
account, then use that account only to download updates, if that would work?
Am I suffering the ravages of a hard used, war tattered operating system?

> --
> Peter

> "Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> wrote in message
>> I'd like to update Windows Vista

0
Steve
12/20/2009 5:19:38 AM
Do this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Steve Young wrote:
> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Steve
>>
>> Is it asking you to contact your Administrator?
>
> Yes, when I click 'Install Updates' at your update site, here's exactly
> what
> it says:
>
> You need to provide administrator permission.
>
> To complete this task, you need to log on as an administrator or ask an
> administrator to complete the task for you.
>
> (I must not be a very good administrator, that's why I asked for one here
> ;)
>
>> Then sign in as the Administrator
>>
>> User Name: Administrator
>> Password: Leave it Blank
>
> I wish I could, but at that point there isn't any option, just a cancel
> button.
>
> Perhaps I should share with a second user, create a new administrator
> account, then use that account only to download updates, if that would
> work?
> Am I suffering the ravages of a hard used, war tattered operating system?
>

>> --
>> Peter

>> "Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> wrote in message
>>> I'd like to update Windows Vista

0
PA
12/20/2009 6:21:50 AM
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Thanks for your reply.

I finally had the time to read the info posted and try the fix you
suggested.

I ran the auto fix in the default mode and it did not repair the problem.

Here's when the problem initially began.  I was tricked by the update site
when I was in optional updates, I had selected several to install.  What I
didn't realize, is that Explorer 8 was automatically checked in the critical
updates, even though I wasn't there.  I was surprised as it was installing
the non-critical updates, I was asked permission to also install Internet
Explorer 8. I declined and the remainder of the process aborted. I went back
to the update site and I no longer had the required permission.

So what should I do?  Try the aggressive mode?

(Perhaps count my blessings that I wasn't locked out a year sooner? ;)

Thanks for any help

Steve Young

0
Steve

Tracking House Refinance
What is the best way to track mortgage refinancing, particularly if it includes taking money out for other purposes? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q86. "Todd Stine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ed201c400f1$992629f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > What is the best way to track mortgage refinancing, > particularly if it includes taking money out for other > purposes? ...

Is There an Aministrator in the House?
I'd like to update Windows Vista Update your computer automatically http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/windowsupdate/automaticupdate.mspx Windows Update: Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/windowsupdate/FAQ.mspx Automatic Updates in Vista http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/windowsupdate/learn/windowsvista.mspx => Excellent Vista tutorial: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial140.html How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server Update Services installation issues: http://su...

run as aministrator
I have downloaded Office 2010 Beta successfully and am running on all profile accounts. I am trying to open a calendar from another computer. I can only open it when I am logged on as the administrator. It will not let me open the file from the generic profile. I have right clicked on the icon looking for the "run as" command and it is not there. There must be a Windows setting that needs to be changed. I tried to set the permission in the Windows XP "Secondary Logon Service" and the setup type is already set to "Automatic". I want to be a...

$$$$$ MAKE DOLLARS FROM YOUR HOUSE $$$$$$ Find out here
http://www.weekendeasycash.com ...

Selling a house.
I recently sold my house and have no idea how to record the sale. I have the house recorded as an asset. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, rjc9999 wrote: >I recently sold my house and have no idea how to record >the sale. I have the house recorded as an asset. Any >ideas? See http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=house+escrow+asset&num=50&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=google&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.money&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_q...

New House / Old House Equity?
I'm having a hard time working out how to account for the sale of our house and the purchase of a new house. I've got equity in the old house that will be used as a down payment on the new house. Additionally, I've got a deposit on the new house. My overriding assumption is that the purchase of the new house should be neutral on my net worth (at least initially). The liability that I incur should be cancelled by the value of the house. I have the asset account for the old house and I've created an asset account for the new house. When I paid the deposit, I did it as a tran...

Sort House Numbers
How can I get excel to sort house numbers as I would like, i.e 1,2,2a,3,4,5,5a,5b, et. etc. So far I've ailed miserably. Any help out there? TIA Mike G Hi Mike, You will have to separate the digits into a separate cell. Extraction of a Group of Digits and Dashes, from postings by Harlan Grove Extract the First Set of Digits (#DigitsFirstID) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/grove_digitsid.htm#DigitsFirstID -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvp...

deleting a large mail from Aministrator's mailbox
Hi, I have a Exchange 5.5 & SP4 on windows 2000 & SP4 server. Exchange server sends all notifications to administrator's mailbox and now about 3 million mail are in there. I stop sending a notification and I would like to empty administrator's mailbox. I am just downloading to pst file and delete it but it takes a long time. Is there other way or utility to delete those email one time? Thanks in advance Sean Use EXMERGE. Just set it to remove all emails older than a specific date. "Sean" wrote: > Hi, > I have a Exchange 5.5 & SP4 on windows 2000 & ...

My house?
I saw something mentioned in S&T 2005 when I loaded it about "My House" I would like to be able to put my address in and have it named my house. Can I do this? Then I wouldn't have to type my address in all of the time. Thanks. Sorry everyone. Wrong newsgroup. "Mike" wrote: > I saw something mentioned in S&T 2005 when I loaded it about "My House" I > would like to be able to put my address in and have it named my house. Can I > do this? Then I wouldn't have to type my address in all of the time. > > Thanks. ...

House accounts
We recently started opening house charge accounts for our customers, what I want is to get a total balance of all receivables. I went to reports, customer, accounts receivables summary/detailed those reports only gives a balance for each customer. I want to get total balance of the customers. can anyone help, please?? Ursula, The line at the very top of the screen 'Overall Balance' is the total balance for all customers. Rob "Ursula" <Ursula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7342F1BB-9FFF-4D68-90B2-2D0F4B10DB76@microsoft.com... > We recently ...

Do you need money to pay your mortgage? New car?New house?
Take a look at the following link. http://www.webspawner.com/users/petitprincenl/index.html ...

Outlook 2002 Problem RE: Sending Out-House Email
I've a slight problem with outlook at the moment as I am unable to send out-house emails (that is, emails sans @mulcahydoraangoran.com) or receive any out-house emails. I just get the following error. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: dsads Sent: 03/02/2004 09:12 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Chrislad@excite.com' on 03/02/2004 09:12 A restriction in the system prevented delivery of the message. The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Mulcahy Doran Go;l=EXCHANGE-040203091...

What table houses the item account numbers
This should be a simple question for someone. I've searched high and low and can't find the table that houses the account numbers assigned to each item (the Item Account Maintenance window). I thought it would be in the Item Master table (IV00101), but it wasn't. Can anyone tell me where this information is stored? Thanks! Elavelle, You are right on track! IV00101 hosts the account indexes, not the actual account numbers. To obtain the account number string, you will need to join with the GL00105 (or GL00100 if you also need the descriptions). Best regards, -- MG.- Ma...

New House and Mortgate
I'm using MS Money 2006 Deluxe... Can someone point me in th correct direction to setting up an asset and mortgage account. I setup a loan account and an asset. Is that it? I don't use the lifetime planner. How do I handle the downpayment on the loan and closing costs. Is there some documentation some place with examples. The helpfile hasn't been very useful. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, L wrote: >I'm using MS Money 2006 Deluxe... Can someone point me in th correct >direction to setting up an asset and mortgage account. I setup a loan account >and an as...

house view
In house view organize important papers, 8 categories , then limited to 10 per category, anyone know how to be able to put 15 say? Louise Turbide ...

Please help me!!! Migrating from Outsourced Exchange to In-House
Hello I am faced with a rather difficult task and dilemma. Here is my scenario: My company currently hosts Microsoft Exchange 2003 with a third-party solution that hosts several thousand accounts from different companies on the same exchange server. We have built an in-house exchange server that is ready for deployment. I need to know the best and most seamless way to transition from the outsourced company to our in-house exchange so that mail delivery is not disrupted. The email address and domain name will remain the same. I have contacted several companies that offer tools for e...

Investment House
I have purchased a house for the sole purpose of investment. Within M06 I have created a 'house asset' and a linked 'mortgage liability'. This all works well and I get plenty of pretty charts. Fundamentally, this house is part of my investment portfolio and I am wondering if there is a way to include the house in the Portfolio Manager (without creating a second entry) so I can see my investment returns etc. I need a way of associating rental income and increases in value of the house. Thanks. I'll watch the thread looking for an alternate answer, but in general Mone...

Selling my house
I have sold my house and want to close the "house" account. In doing so, I want to pay off my mortgage, line of credit and trnasfer to excess to my banking accounts. However, when I try to create a transaction where I decrease the value of the account by my sales price, with splitting it between the three above mentioned areas, I do not see the mortgage account in the drop-down menu. Is there another way to make this transaction, or is there something wrong with the program? Thanks, Steve See the FAQ item at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q110 and the one on mortgage ref...

House view???
Where can i find the house view??? i looked in the help and this is what it is saying : Add a home loan to the House view of the Home Page To narrow this window, click above. ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------- Go to the House view of the Home Page. Show me how Near the upper left, click Home . In the Choose a view box, click House . Under Your Home , click the home associated with the new loan. If you don't see the home listed, add it. Show me how Under Your home , click Add a home to this list . Select or add a home. If ...

Accounting for a house refinancing with cash back
How can I account for a house refinancing in Money 2004? I paid off the original and the second, took out extra money for improvements (deposited extra in checking acct.) I opened a new loan account, but can't see how to pay off the other two loans and deposit balance in checking. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Scott wrote: >How can I account for a house refinancing in Money 2004? >I paid off the original and the second, took out extra >money for improvements (deposited extra in checking >acct.) I opened a new loan account, but can't see how to >pay o...

Decimal houses
Hello everyone, How can I set up Access to consider more than 4 decimal houses? I have tried to do this through property both in the tables and in forms, but it doesn't seem to work. Thanks in advance! Do you mean 'decimal places'? What kind of number are you using? Try changing to Double. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Tiago" wrote: > Hello everyone, > > How can I set up Access to consider more than 4 decimal houses? > I have tried to do this through property both in the tables and in forms, > but it doesn't seem to work. &g...

Using Remote Access within my own house??
I soon will have two XP computers, one in the basement and the main one on the second floor. Would it be possible to use the computer in the basement as the Remote Access user of the computer upstairs. This would avoid downloading files to the basment computer when I would really prefer them to be on the main compuer. It would mean that my outgoing email and news posts would all be in the same computer, the main one. I'm running DSL with a cable connection from the router to the main computer, and a wireless connect to the computer in the basement. I've never used...

House Purchase
All, Using: Money 2003 Made a house purchase. How did you handle: The closing costs, what account did you use/call it? It's a straight expense, yeah? Escrow: Create an escrow account and transfer that towards your houses' asset account? Any other things you did would help. thanks! agrag Closing costs are probably best treated as some kind of expense category. Yes, I'd say. That would work as would just a (several) monster transaction(s) representing the activity of the escrow account as depicted on the settlement sheet. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqfb.php?q=86 and extrapo...

QFD House of Quality Template ??
Does anyone know where I might find a template of the QFD house of quality? I am having trouble making the diagonal parts at the top. Thanks REB There may be something here: http://www.isixsigma.com/tt/qfd/ <Ralph> wrote in message news:41f77e07.85319993@msnews.microsoft.com... > Does anyone know where I might find a template of the QFD > house of quality? I am having trouble making the diagonal parts at > the top. > > Thanks > > REB ...

Buying a House
Hello, Money 2004 Standard. So I am buying my first house (whohoo for me). Anyway, I am not yet trying to set up the mortgage and asset account, but I have written two checks so far: one for earnest money and one for the appraisal fee and credit score fee for the mortgage. What I am wondering is how to classify these checks. I have not created the corresponding accounts yet. Should I classify these things as misc for now until I get the accounts set up after closing or is there something else I should do. Also, even when I set up the accounts, how do I classify these fees, in addition...