i got same problem "WindowsUpdate_80240016" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

i tired to install standalone update Windows6.0-KB947821-v5-x86 , but it is
useles !!
pleace helpe me. thanks.

lincoidas wrote:
> i tired to install standalone update Windows6.0-KB947821-v5-x86 ,
> but it is useles !!
> pleace helpe me. thanks.

Perhaps if you provided information instead of making people gather it?
*grin*

Which of these operating systems do you have?
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
Windows Vista
Windows Vista Service Pack 1
Windows Vista Service Pack 2

By the way - those are 32-bit versions - do you happen to have a 64-bit
operating system?

 Start button --> RUN
 (no "RUN"?  Press the "Windows Key" + R on your keyboard)
 --> type in:
   winver
 --> Click OK.

The picture at the top of the window that opens will give you the general
(Operating System name) while the line starting with the word "version" will
give you the rest of the story.  Post _both_ in response to this message
verbatim.  ;-)

Right-clicking on "Computer" in Vista/2008 and choosing "Properties" should
bring up a window which, under the "General" tab - should tell you if you
have 32-bit or 64-bit (System Type.)

Done this?

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

if you wish.

Download and run the MSRT manually:

Reboot.

If you have 32-bit Windows - try this...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Reboot and try to update again.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan

i got same problem "WindowsUpdate_80240016" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
i tired to install standalone update Windows6.0-KB947821-v5-x86 , but it is useles !! pleace helpe me. thanks. lincoidas wrote: > i tired to install standalone update Windows6.0-KB947821-v5-x86 , > but it is useles !! > pleace helpe me. thanks. Perhaps if you provided information instead of making people gather it? *grin* Which of these operating systems do you have? Windows Server 2008 Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 Windows Vista Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Windows Vista Service Pack 2 By the way - those are 32-bit versions - do you happen to have a 64-bi...