I am trying to install SP3 and I keep getting the same error messa

I am trying to install SP3 and I keep getting this same error message. It 
says it cannot find a file called a9usbikf.sys and I cannot find anything 
online or anything about it ANYWHERE. Help please?

0
Utf
11/17/2009 6:29:42 AM
windowsupdate 1336 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
887 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 13

Your computer is infested with hijackware!

NB: If you had no anti-virus application installed or the subscription had 
expired *when the machine first got infected* and/or your subscription has 
since expired and/or the machine's not been kept fully-patched at Windows 
Update, don't waste your time with any of the below: Format & reinstall 
Windows.  A Repair Install will NOT help!

Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in 
dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted 
software), and adware.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&st=1

Also available via...

Consumer Security Support home page
https://consumersecuritysupport.microsoft.com/

Otherwise...

1. See if you can download/run the MSRT manually: 
http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx

NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!  You may need to download the 
MSRT on a non-infected machine, then transfer MRT.EXE to the infected 
machine and rename it to SCAN.EXE before running it.

2a. WinXP => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!) 
in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be: 
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm

2b. Vista or Win7=> Run this scan instead: 
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

3. Now run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting requested logs 
in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware:
• http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
• http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
• http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
• http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing_Malware

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in 
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0, 
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5, 
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup, 
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php, 
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**

If these procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting 
this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and 
independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA) computer repair shop.
-- 
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
www.banthecheck.com


Tink wrote:
> I am trying to install SP3 and I keep getting this same error message. It
> says it cannot find a file called a9usbikf.sys and I cannot find anything
> online or anything about it ANYWHERE. Help please? 

0
PA
11/17/2009 7:20:38 AM
Tink wrote:
> I am trying to install SP3 and I keep getting this same error
> message. It says it cannot find a file called a9usbikf.sys and I
> cannot find anything online or anything about it ANYWHERE. Help
> please?

SP3 for what?

I'll *assume* SP3 for Windows XP.

First - before anything else - answer this:

Do you have an HP branded computer with an AMD processor?
(If so - answer and wait.  If not, answer and continue with the steps.)

Fix your file/registry permissions...

Ignore the title and follow the sub-section under "Advanced Troubleshooting"
titled, "Method 1: Reset the registry and the file permissions"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377
*will take time
(** Ignore the last step - you'll install SP3 shortly, but not now.)

Reboot and ...

Download/install this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

After installing, do the following:

Start button --> RUN --> type in:
  "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Installer Clean Up\msizap.exe" g!
--> Click OK.
(The quotation marks and percentage signs and spacing should be exact.)

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan (separately) with the
following two applications (freeware versions are the ones to use for this):

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

After performing a full scan with one and then the other and removing
whatever they both find completely, you may uninstall these products,
if you wish.

Download and run the MSRT manually:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx

Reboot.

Download/Install the latest Windows Installer (for your OS):
( Windows XP 32-bit : WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe )
http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en

Reboot.

and...

Download the latest version of the Windows Update agent from here (x86):
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=91237
.... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive.  After saving it to the root
of the C:\ drive, do the following:

Close all Internet Explorer windows and other applications.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
   %SystemDrive%\windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe /WUFORCE
--> Click OK.

(If asked, select "Run.) --> Click on NEXT --> Select "I agree" and click on
NEXT --> When it finishes installing, click on "Finish"...

Reboot.

Then follow the instructions here:

How do I reset Windows Update components?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Reboot.

Now for SP3...

1) Download the full SP3 installation file.

  Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for
  IT Professionals and Developers (works just as well for you.)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5B33B5A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4

  You are just saving it right now - not running it yet.

2) Ensure (as well as plausible) you have no spyware/malware by doing a full
    scan with SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes.  If you are following
    along, you have already done this!

3) CHKDSK
 How to scan your disks for errors
 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265
 * will take time and a reboot

4) Defragment
 How to Defragment your hard drives
 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314848
 * will take time

5) Ensure your hardware drivers are up to date (from the hardware
    manufacturer's respective web pages.)  Never get hardware drivers
    for hardware that was not created/sold by Microsoft from Microsoft.

6) Reboot right before you try to install SP3.

7) Disconnect from the internet before installing (physically disconnect -
    pull the network cable or disable the router/modem.)

8) Disable your antivirus and antispyware applications when you are about to
     install SP3.  Usually right-click on the icon in the taskbar gives you
     a choice to do so.

Install SP3 by running the downloaded executable.  Reboot when requested to
do so.  Logon and let the machine 'settle' for about 10 minutes.  Reboot.
Give it 5 minutes after logon to 'settle' - reboot.

After that - there will be more updates.

Log on as an user with administrative rights and open Internet Explorer
and visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select to do a
CUSTOM scan...

Every time you are about to click on something while at these web pages -
first press and hold down the CTRL key while you click on it.  You can
release the CTRL key after clicking each time.

Once the scan is done, select just _ONE_ of the high priority updates
(deselect any others) and install it.

Reboot again.

If it did work - try the web page again - selecting no more than 3-5 at a
time.  Rebooting as needed.

The Optional Software updates are generally safe - although I recommend
against the "Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live" ones or
"Windows Live" ones for now.  I would completely avoid the
Optional Hardware updates.  Also - I do not see any urgent need to install
Internet Explorer 8 at this time.

Seriously - do all that.  This is like antibiotics - don't skip a single
step, don't quit because you think things will be okay now - go through
until the end, until you have done everything given in the order given.  If
you have a problem with a step come ask and let someone here get you
through that step.  If you don't understand how to do a step, come back and
ask here about that step and let someone walk you through it.

Then - when done - let everyone here know if it worked for you - or if you
have more issues.

-- 
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
-- 
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html 


0
Shenan
11/17/2009 1:37:50 PM
Shenan

What's the deal with HP, AMD computers? Wait for what?

The laptop I have been getting the 646 errors with the past two months is a 
Compaq V 6500 series. Vista HP SP2 and Office 2003.

Is there an acknowledged bug with these machines? Source?

Bill



"Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:#xg6qs4ZKHA.4668@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Tink wrote:
>> I am trying to install SP3 and I keep getting this same error
>> message. It says it cannot find a file called a9usbikf.sys and I
>> cannot find anything online or anything about it ANYWHERE. Help
>> please?
>
> SP3 for what?
>
> I'll *assume* SP3 for Windows XP.
>
> First - before anything else - answer this:
>
> Do you have an HP branded computer with an AMD processor?
> (If so - answer and wait.  If not, answer and continue with the steps.)
>
> Fix your file/registry permissions...
>
> Ignore the title and follow the sub-section under "Advanced 
> Troubleshooting"
> titled, "Method 1: Reset the registry and the file permissions"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377
> *will take time
> (** Ignore the last step - you'll install SP3 shortly, but not now.)
>
> Reboot and ...
>
> Download/install this:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
>
> After installing, do the following:
>
> Start button --> RUN --> type in:
>  "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Installer Clean Up\msizap.exe" g!
> --> Click OK.
> (The quotation marks and percentage signs and spacing should be exact.)
>
> Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan (separately) with 
> the
> following two applications (freeware versions are the ones to use for 
> this):
>
> SuperAntiSpyware
> http://www.superantispyware.com/
>
> MalwareBytes
> http://www.malwarebytes.com/
>
> After performing a full scan with one and then the other and removing
> whatever they both find completely, you may uninstall these products,
> if you wish.
>
> Download and run the MSRT manually:
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx
>
> Reboot.
>
> Download/Install the latest Windows Installer (for your OS):
> ( Windows XP 32-bit : WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe )
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en
>
> Reboot.
>
> and...
>
> Download the latest version of the Windows Update agent from here (x86):
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=91237
> ... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive.  After saving it to the 
> root
> of the C:\ drive, do the following:
>
> Close all Internet Explorer windows and other applications.
>
> Start button --> RUN and type in:
>   %SystemDrive%\windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe /WUFORCE
> --> Click OK.
>
> (If asked, select "Run.) --> Click on NEXT --> Select "I agree" and click 
> on
> NEXT --> When it finishes installing, click on "Finish"...
>
> Reboot.
>
> Then follow the instructions here:
>
> How do I reset Windows Update components?
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
>
> Reboot.
>
> Now for SP3...
>
> 1) Download the full SP3 installation file.
>
>  Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for
>  IT Professionals and Developers (works just as well for you.)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5B33B5A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4
>
>  You are just saving it right now - not running it yet.
>
> 2) Ensure (as well as plausible) you have no spyware/malware by doing a 
> full
>    scan with SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes.  If you are following
>    along, you have already done this!
>
> 3) CHKDSK
> How to scan your disks for errors
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265
> * will take time and a reboot
>
> 4) Defragment
> How to Defragment your hard drives
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314848
> * will take time
>
> 5) Ensure your hardware drivers are up to date (from the hardware
>    manufacturer's respective web pages.)  Never get hardware drivers
>    for hardware that was not created/sold by Microsoft from Microsoft.
>
> 6) Reboot right before you try to install SP3.
>
> 7) Disconnect from the internet before installing (physically disconnect -
>    pull the network cable or disable the router/modem.)
>
> 8) Disable your antivirus and antispyware applications when you are about 
> to
>     install SP3.  Usually right-click on the icon in the taskbar gives you
>     a choice to do so.
>
> Install SP3 by running the downloaded executable.  Reboot when requested 
> to
> do so.  Logon and let the machine 'settle' for about 10 minutes.  Reboot.
> Give it 5 minutes after logon to 'settle' - reboot.
>
> After that - there will be more updates.
>
> Log on as an user with administrative rights and open Internet Explorer
> and visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select to do a
> CUSTOM scan...
>
> Every time you are about to click on something while at these web pages -
> first press and hold down the CTRL key while you click on it.  You can
> release the CTRL key after clicking each time.
>
> Once the scan is done, select just _ONE_ of the high priority updates
> (deselect any others) and install it.
>
> Reboot again.
>
> If it did work - try the web page again - selecting no more than 3-5 at a
> time.  Rebooting as needed.
>
> The Optional Software updates are generally safe - although I recommend
> against the "Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live" ones or
> "Windows Live" ones for now.  I would completely avoid the
> Optional Hardware updates.  Also - I do not see any urgent need to install
> Internet Explorer 8 at this time.
>
> Seriously - do all that.  This is like antibiotics - don't skip a single
> step, don't quit because you think things will be okay now - go through
> until the end, until you have done everything given in the order given. 
> If
> you have a problem with a step come ask and let someone here get you
> through that step.  If you don't understand how to do a step, come back 
> and
> ask here about that step and let someone walk you through it.
>
> Then - when done - let everyone here know if it worked for you - or if you
> have more issues.
>
> -- 
> Shenan Stanley
>     MS-MVP
> -- 
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
> 
0
Bill
11/17/2009 4:08:19 PM
Bill wrote:
> Shenan
>
> What's the deal with HP, AMD computers? Wait for what?
>
> The laptop I have been getting the 646 errors with the past two
> months is a Compaq V 6500 series. Vista HP SP2 and Office 2003.
>
> Is there an acknowledged bug with these machines? Source?

If you are referencing my,
"Do you have an HP branded computer with an AMD processor?
(If so - answer and wait.  If not, answer and continue with the steps.)"

It should be pointed out this post is about Windows XP and SP3 - nothing 
else.

- not all HP machines with AMD processors will be affected.
- the ones that are were imaged from the factory with a intel-based
installation of Windows XP prior to SP3's release.
- HP has a fix.

Prevent it by applying the patch:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com:80/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=pv-60484-2

Already have the problem, follow the instructions:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01457284

As for your issue - I would suggest a new post with your system details 
around your issue.  I personally would uninstall any third party firewalls 
you are running, even uninstall your AntiVirus software and perform a scan 
with MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware (individually.)  After you do all 
that - try your update again and get a stand-alone AntiVirus software 
installed - something like Avira or eSet NOD32...

-- 
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
-- 
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html 


0
Shenan
11/17/2009 4:59:52 PM
Bill wrote:
> Shenan
>
> What's the deal with HP, AMD computers? Wait for what?
>
> The laptop I have been getting the 646 errors with the past two
> months is a Compaq V 6500 series. Vista HP SP2 and Office 2003.
>
> Is there an acknowledged bug with these machines? Source?

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> If you are referencing my,
> "Do you have an HP branded computer with an AMD processor?
> (If so - answer and wait.  If not, answer and continue with the
> steps.)"

Oh - and the "wait" - "wait for someone to come by and tell you what you can 
do/what the issue is."  Why muddle an already long post with something most 
people will not have to deal with.

Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found:

 Search using Google!
 http://www.google.com/
 (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

Example:
http://www.google.com/search?q=HP+AMD+Windows+XP+SP3

-- 
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
-- 
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html 


0
Shenan
11/17/2009 5:11:12 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Installation
Hi, Do i need to have exchange and SQL run on the same server as the CRM package? Is Office 2003 compatible? Would appreciate some guideline to install CRM on a machine that doesn't have exchange and/or SQL running, instead, the exchange and sql database services run on a different machine within the same forest. Does the CRM server need to have Active Directory Installed? Thanks, Ash Ash Microsoft CRM needs to be installed on a server that is part of a windows 2000 or now 2003 Active Directory enabled domain. SQL and exchange do not need to be on the same machine. In fact CRM can ...

Add Mailbox Error
Error trying to add a mailbox Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2000 When trying to add a mailbox (Right Click Mailbox > Properties > Advanced button > Advanced tab > Add button) we get this generic message: "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed" I was assuming it was a permissions issue and added Authenticated Users the Search right to the Server in Exchange Manager. However the issue still exists. Clicking the “Add” button immediately produces the error message. The Add Mailbox window never appears. Hi Joe First of all, that's an outlook...

installing office home and student
I purchased a copy of office home and student and was wondering if I needed to uninstall the copy that came preinstalled on my computer before installing the new copy. This newsgroup is for questions and answers about Microsoft Access database software - Microsoft Access is not included in Office Home and Student. Even if you were asking about installing a version of Office that does include Microsoft Access, you would be better served by asking your question in a newsgroup devoted to Office. That said, it is often beneficial to uninstall an existing copy (esp. a trial copy)...

OnError not trapping subsequent errors?
I am working with an org chart "tree" in table form to find the reporting heirachy. I start with the employee name, look it up on another table, and find that person's reporting manager. Then I look up that manager as an employee to find their manager, and so on. Eventually each tree hits an error when I get to the top of the tree, because it can't find a matching manager name. So, I use onError to escape the loop and present the data onscreen for review. This works fine the first time, but the code stops with an error on the second 'original' emplo...

"Combo Box
Greetings, I am using a combo box from the control toolbar and every time I print or print preview, it moves the combo box placement on the worksheet. How can I get the combo box to stay in place? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 But Jim Rech recently posted this: This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directly mention this fix, it's in there). http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;e...

Mail gets delivered, but never shows up
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has experienced these symptoms before: I can send email through my exchange server (SBS 2003) just fine. Recieving mail is accepted by the SMTP component, and delivered to the appropriate mailbox according to the Message Tracking Center. However, no new mail since last week is showing up in Outlook! To diagnose this, I tried logging in via OWA instead of the full outlook client, only to find that I see the new messages' subject lines, but when I click on a particular subject to load the full message, I get a "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Serve...

Want to get rid of UTC offset in serialization of DateTime
Hi everyone! In the following code we get a UTC offset in xml. Since I want my WAP users in UTC+02:00 to see data on a server in some US time zone, a lot of confusion will be created from this behavior. Either I use .NET logic on the server and get server local time or I create xhtml pages directly from serialized objects. Eitherway I'll have to write my own logic to take care of utc offset. Is it possible to override XmlSerializer so what my local desktop user send to the webservice is saved on the server without utc offset? That way, the time that is local to my users will be saved on ...

Run time error '340'
hey everyone, i am trying to display this querie in POS. It runs fine the only problem is when i close POS i see an alert "run time error '340' control array element '5' dosent exist can anybody please see the code and tell me what i am doing wrong var sql = "SELECT Item.Description, Item.itemLookupCode FROM Item WHERE Item.Description LIKE '" + description + "%'"; var rs = qsRules.OpenRecordSet(sql, true); while (!rs.EOF) { document.writeln ( rs("Description").value); document.writeln (" "); document.writeln ( rs(...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Installation of Money 04 with anti-virus
When I started to install Money 2004, I got a message saying that my McAfee Virus Scan might interfere with Money setup, and "can prevent you from using Money to download stock prices and other info..." Any advice? Take the message seriously. And search the archives of the newsgroup at http://groups.google.com; use advanced search and search newsgroup microsoft.public.money. "Clarence" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08e201c3ce58$bc73dea0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I started to install Money 2004, I got a message > saying that my...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

New Installation of Word 2008 crashes immediately
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I purchased the 2008 Business Edition upgrade. I removed the 2008 free trial stuff and even my 2004 programs. When I start Word, as soon as I move the mouse the program automatically shuts down. No error no nothing. What am I doing wrong? i'm also having a problem with word 2008 (which i just installed this weekend on a new macbook running snow leopard) crashing - strangely, i was able to work with this program for a few hours this morning, but now (and i have no idea what caused the change) word crashes within a...

Error while compiling vc2005 application in vc2008
Dear Friends, The application was working fine when i complied in vc2005 on Xp.When i tried to compile the same application in vc2008 on vista .i am getting follwing errors listed below.Please help me out Error 2 error C2065: '_JBLEN' : undeclared identifier c:\users\root\desktop\header file\include \stdlib.h 1040 Error 3 error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'ContextRecord' c:\users\root\desktop\header file \include\winnt.h 3019 Error 4 error C4430: missing type specifier - int...

Text in column causing SUMPRODUCT error
Greegings. I have a SUMPRODUCT formula that is having errors when one of the columns has text instead of a NULL or a number. If I delete the text cells in that column it works as desired. I'll give a simple example. Suppose I have the following in A1:B6.... a 1 a 2 a abc b 1 b 1 a 2 And I need this... =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$6="a")*($B$1:$B$6)) It errors out until I delete the "abc" in cell B3, then it works as desired. I tried to replace the "abc" with a 0 by trying this... =IF(ISNUMBER(B3)=FALSE,0,B3) And it works for that pa...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

user doesn't get internet mail
hi, i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. he can get from inside and send with no problem. thank you ron On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:19:04 -0800, "iz" <iz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi, >i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. >he can get from inside and send with no problem. >thank you >ron Has he actually got an smtp address on his mailbox properties? Internal mail in 5.5 doesn't use the smtp ...

How can I get toolbar buttons back?
I accidently removed the buttons on the toolbar. It was the icons for home, page, options (I think) and some others. I was tryimg to customize and clicked on something that made those disappear. How can I get them back? -- my_realtor (Linda) Right click on the Toolbar | Customize | Add or Remove Commands and add them back. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "my_realtor" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3726FE3F-F5B8-4EF8-868B-009799DB8A8C@microsoft.com... >I accidently removed the button...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

New CRM 1.2 installation login problems
I'm sure this has been asked before but my searches did not turn up anything that matches so ... I just installed CRM 1.2 on a box running SBS 2003 Premium with SQL Server 2000 SP3a. Everything went fine during the installation. I followed the procedure in Microsoft's document found here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm12/deploy/15_sbs03.mspx After installation, when I try to browse to http://crmweb from a computer joined to the domain, I get prompted to provide user name and password credentials. After providing them three times I get a 401.1 error ...

Error Code :0x80040605
Outlook asked me to upgrade the Connector when i choose to repair, nothing happened except that my email account could not sign in and when i choose remove the outlook connector automatically removed. Troubleshooting Outlook Hotmail Connector - http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#hm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office > 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? Delete these two files: ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist where ~ is your home folder, and HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist -- Diane, ...

Installation error
Hi there, Does any have experianced problem with instaling service pack 4 on win200 prof. When I tried to install it I got a message outlook express\wabmig.exe is open or in use by another application. I can resoved this problem We are running ehchange server 5.5 for only internal emails and server NT4. Please help ! ...

error opening excel file
hi! i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do you want to continue loading the project?" i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error log is being created" what happen to the excel file? the excel file is only 2.6Mb JP, A couple of issues. First is the Sheet name. This is the 'real' name of the worksheet, not the one you see on the worksheet tab...

Deleting files before Repairing or Re-installing Office or if corrupt
Greetings. I'm building a small free EXE that will do the following: delete all EXD files delete all files in docs and settings Temp folders and subfolders (for XP) delete alll files in user Temp folders and subfolders (for Vista) delete all files in the Windows Temp folder and subfolders delete all XLB files Each step is optional. The purpose is to clean the PC before doing a repair or re-install or to just remove the XLB file if it becomes corrupt My question: are there any other files that should be deleted prior to repairing or re-intalling office? Or become corrupt and someti...

Outlook Express error
I'm running Outlook Express 6.0 on WinXP sp3. When I use Outlook for email then there is no problem. But when I use Outlook for viewing a news server group, I can view the news messages with no problem but when I close Outlook it ends with the following error "Outlook has encountered an Error" I have tried ForteAgent news reader on the same news server and it does not have a problem with it . Any ideas ? On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 06:45:30 -0500, RB wrote: > I'm running Outlook Express 6.0 on WinXP sp3. > When I use Outlook for email then there is no probl...