HotFix for Windows XP will NOT download from Windows Update

This hotfix : Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET
Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
(update 1 of 1)... will not download from Windows Update either from the
yellow shield or online with Windows Update. it's getting annoying as Windows
Update has tried to install it at least every other minute and it keeps
failing to the point I am ignoring the yellow shield and continue with my
work.
How do I get this HotFix INSTALLED???????

Defguy wrote:

>This hotfix : Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET
>Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
>(update 1 of 1)... will not download from Windows Update either from the
>yellow shield or online with Windows Update. it's getting annoying as Windows
>Update has tried to install it at least every other minute and it keeps
>failing to the point I am ignoring the yellow shield and continue with my
>work.
>How do I get this HotFix INSTALLED???????

By booting your system in Safe mode (pressing F8 repeatedly when the
system is still booting) and deleting everything from this folder:

<C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution>

Reboot your system normally and the yellow shield of danger will have
disappeared and you will start getting the updates normally.

hth

ps1: Peter Foldes <okf22@hotmail.com> is a convicted paedo using
his 12 year old sister to work for him as prostitute.

ps2: Jeff Strickland <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> has forced his mum to
prostitute herself by working for Peter Foldes so that he (Jeff)
can finance his drug habits!

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.

0
LD55ZRA
4/21/2010 3:02:13 AM
"Defguy" <Defguy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

> This hotfix : Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET
> Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
> (update 1 of 1)... will not download from Windows Update either from the
> yellow shield or online with Windows Update.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100/en-us for your reference.

Bye,
Freudi
0
Ottmar

Downloading Tranactions
I've installed Money Plus trial. It appears to update ok but I never have items to review even though I know I have made, say, an atm withdrawal. I added the transaction to the registry on saturday and should have 'cleared' but MOney still show 0 items to review. Any idaes?? Thanks, James In microsoft.public.money, JamesJ wrote: >I've installed Money Plus trial. It appears to update ok but I never have >items to review >even though I know I have made, say, an atm withdrawal. I added the >transaction to the >registry on saturday and should have 'clea...

will only print 1st page, then 3 blank pages
I created a newsletter in Publisher and it looks and prints fine. When I email it to myself (and others) in Outlook and Gmail, it looks fine. But when I go to print, it will print the first page, then the rest of the pages blank (I get the footer that says "2 of 4" etc). It is doing this with two separate documents - one that is 4 pages, and one that only looks like 1 page, but is getting cut off and split in two. Why is it doing this and how can I stop it??? It's happening on multiple computers with multiple printers and different email programs. It doesn't happen w...

XP to Windows 7
I have a Dell Inspiron 530, Intel dual 2.2 CPU computer running XP/Sp3/IE8 with all updates. It has 3 identical, 320G SATA HDs, all cloned to the same software, and 2 gigs of memory. The three HDs are located in the two internal positions and one external enclosure. I have been given a gift of a legal Windows 7 disk and wish to install W7 on one of the drives. My questions: If I install W7 on one of the HDs, I realize that the XP (and everything else) on that HD is gone and I have no problem with that as I will still have two fully operational XP systems and all my apps on...

ANN: New XML Differencing, Updated XML Mapping in Stylus Studio 5.3
A new update for the Stylus Studio XML IDE adds a new XML Differencing Tool, updated visual XML mapping tools and many other features. Download a free trial of Stylus Studio 5.3 at: http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_download.html Highlights of new XML Differencing Tool: * Differencing of XML files and folders using a customizable color-coded XML tree view * Support for one-to-one and many-to-one XML file * Step through XML differences node-by-node * View differences using "split-screen" and "merged changes" views * Expand all changes, or collapse identical XML blocks to sim...

SQL Update question
Good morning, I have 3 fields [printtab], [rotation], & [adn]. Rotation and adn are True/False fields. The printtab is a number field. In stead of having 3 SQL statements, I'd like to update the fields like this: strSQL = "UPDATE tblconfig SET [rotation] = True, [printtab] = 1, [adn] = True" '************* Updates the Config File ************* CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError When I tried it it kept on giving me errors. Error:3061. Too few parameters. Expected 1. Can it be done like above or do I need to use 3 SQL statements? Thank you for...

debug assertion error in threads of c++ under windows
Hi All, This my part of the c++ program using threads in windows : //modified by pushpa struct structExrdDoc { CExrdDoc* spDoc; LPCTSTR sstrFileName; structExrdDoc():spDoc(NULL),sstrFileName(""){} }; structExrdDoc sp; volatile bool running; UINT CExcelExport::run(LPVOID p) { CExrdDoc* me = sp.spDoc; me->OnSaveDocument ((LPCTSTR)sp.sstrFileName); running = FALSE; return 0; } //modified by pushpa void CExcelExport::SaveExcelFile (CExrdDoc* pDoc, const string& strFileName) { sp.spDoc = pDoc; //modified by pushpa sp.sstrFileName = strFileName.c_str(); //modified...

Top of window is off screen
I get this problem once every 7 years and can't remember the solution. Some window opened up funny and I can't get to the dark blue strip with the buttons on top to move it back on range. Please help. "grok" <grok@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:195E6637-1490-4A8D-B1AB-969ECA7C61A9@microsoft.com... > I get this problem once every 7 years and can't remember the solution. > Some > window opened up funny and I can't get to the dark blue strip with the > buttons on top to move it back on range. Please help. Click any...

Can a tab control expand/contract with the window?
I have a form that I'd like to display a number of subforms inside of using a tab control. However the form is to be displayed in a window that can be resized, and the tab control would have to be able to resize with it. Is there any way to do this? Maury Maury Markowitz wrote: > I have a form that I'd like to display a number of subforms inside of > using a tab control. However the form is to be displayed in a window > that can be resized, and the tab control would have to be able to > resize with it. Is there any way to do this? > > Maury First realize that even ...

new windows now open behind old windows
Just recently, new windows have started opening behind present (old) windows. For example, I'll have windows explorer open in a window showing a list of files in a directory(folder). When I double click on one of the files (e.g. a text file), it opens *behind* the windows explorer window, not in front of it (as it used to), so I can't see the text file. So I have to click on the text file tray icon below to see the text file. New windows always used to open in front of old windows. I don't know what I did to change this. Does anyone know how to switch back to "ne...

Updater through Remote XML: Advice
I am implementing a very simple check routine that goes to my website and reads an XML file. The XML file basically contains all info for my apps and their current status. All I need to do is just read the version node and compare it to the current node and then advise the user to visit the website for the new version. Ive looked at ClickOnce and other methods but I would like to implement something simpler. Anyway, has anyone done this before? My XML will look something like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Apps> <App id="0001" titl...

Error on hotfix msxml
Hi, I'm installing the CRM for Microsoft Server 2003 64 bits. At the checklist the option of in install Hotfix MSXML isn't working. I'm getting the following error: Failure in installation Hotifix of Msxml 4.0. (error=216) (checkbase. cpp:ccheckbase:: Action:272) Any thoughts on why this would be? ...

outlook 2002 over XP (response after MAIL FROM )
Hi, I have written a mail filtering driver. It is working fine for OL 2000 and outlook express but OL 2002 over XP is giving some problem. alttough at the same time OL 2002 over 2k works without any issue. i tried to see what does OL 2002 expects after sending MAIL FROM, but a simple pass thru says that it is 250 OK. I am sending 250 OK but it is not working and OL hangs after sending MAIL FROM. Want to know is there any issue or difference between OL 2002 over 2k and OL 2002 over XP ??? is there any timeout restriction or some extra checks done for XP ??? I will be thankful in case you c...

MFC-app starting WINDOWS Screensaver window z-order problem
Hi! I wrote an MFC-app using VC++.NET 2003, which starts a screensaver using CreateProcess(). It also terminates the screensaver using TerminateProcess() / CloseHandle(). If the user activates mouse/keyboard before my app terminates the screensaver-process, the screensaver terminates itself and the z-order and focus-handling of open windows somehow gets mixed up. this just happens when I use CreateProcess(), when I use PostMessage(WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_SCREENSAVE, 0) for the standrad-screen-saver, everything works fine, but I dont want to use this approach. maybe the system uses different CreateP...

GP flag in the Sales Order set up window for drop ship line items
I suggest a flag that we can set in the Sales Order set up window so we can make an order type of drop ship that will always default to drop ship. Once this happens, then the rest will flow for us because the transfer to P.O. will then generate a drop ship purchase order; our desired result. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft We...

chart not updating
I have a pivot table with a drop down that lists division. Data presented is dependent upon which division I select. Next I have cells referenced to the same cells in my pivot table. My reason is that a pivot chart is not as flexible as a chart based on a normal table. Anyway, my chart is made with those cells as the source. The cells update based upon what division I selected in my pivot table drop down. (Same data in both places: independent table and pivot table). However, my chart is not updating as it should. It retains the first division's information. It worked ini...

Will Office 2008 have an upgrade path from Office 2004?
I'm hearing about a lot of problems with the updates, etc... I'd really like to know what is going on/expected to happen with the Office 2008 suite. It would be cool if MSBU could develop an accounting package for the office suite. Can someone fill me in on the 2008 scuttlebutt? --Walter-- Hi Walter, information on Office 2008 is quite scarce, so I'm afraid that no one outside of Microsoft has an answer to your question. As a matter of fact, I don't even know if that many people at Microsoft do, since it's still very early days for the upcoming Office suite. If I were...

Windows mail failing
Hi - 5/20 mid day I could no longer send email. Still can't; message reads 'Send 1 message using Plus.Pop.mail.yahoo.com...isn't that the wrong one; doesn't it need to be the smtp address? The outgoing mail setting reads correctly for the smtp address. If I go to Yahoo I can send an email but not in Windows. Help! That's not the complete error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here Is your Yahoo account a paid one or a free one?=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.sup...

Not seeing database window after upgrading.
I've just upgraded a Access 2000 version to Access 2003. In the 2000 version I could see the database window but no longer in 2003. How do I get the Database to appear in 2003. Also, I actually have two machines running Access 2003. One machine opens with database window and the second one doesn't. I tried the f11 key but that doesn't do anything. Thanks Don ...

ANN: HTTPMP
We have noticed most of our product users have problems with product configuration. In order to assist out potential customers properly configure and use our product we have updated HTTPMP documentation http://www.sos-crew.com/httpmp/readme.shtml?microsoft.public.outlook. Also optional evaluation registration is avaiable http://www.sos-crew.com/register.shtml. Registration information is not distributed in any way and used only to contact our customers by our support team. All customers provided valid registration information receive discount coupon code by e-mail. HTTPMP is MAPI transpor...

Exchange 2003 updated to SP2, WM devices broken
Hello, I updated an exchange server 2003 (one that came bundled with SBS) to SP2 last night and now, all the WM devices say due to server changes items must be re-synced with the server, pressing yes will delete the calendar, and it appears to re-sync, but no calendar info comes over, (email and contacts work fine) does anyone have any ideas??? If you need more info please let me know. Update: Items added to the calendar on the WM device syncs with the Calendar on the server. HOWEVER anything on/added to the calendar on the server side does not. Items added on the ...

WINDOWS.H already included. MFC apps must not #include <windows.h>
Hi All I getting an error message "WINDOWS.H already included. MFC apps must not #include <windows.h>" However i not including windows.h anywhere in my project. Can you help Many Thanks Tom Below is a copy of my stdafx.h // stdafx.h : include file for standard system include files, // or project specific include files that are used frequently, but // are changed infrequently // #if !defined(AFX_STDAFX_H__6B703139_63DB_11D5_B5D1_4324324324822__INCLUDED_) #define AFX_STDAFX_H__6B703139_63DB_11D5_B5D1_4324324324822__INCLUDED_ #if _MSC_VER > 1000 #pragma once #...

Windows Home Server on SBS03
Someone suggested Home Server is very good for backup and sharing with up to 10 clients. Is it possible to add home server on SBS environment and if yes what is the best scenario to use home server with SBS03/08. Yes, it is possible to sit WHS 'alongside' an SBS network I do so myself for the LoungeAN. Several of my workstations have the WHS client installed and use WHS for backup. The backup function is the only function I use because I prefer documents to be stored under AD security and you cannot join WHS to the SBS AD (or any AD for that matter). WHS will happily a...

Hide
I need to put the Real Player and the Windows Media Player in the same window. This two players have to stay in the same position. I have to use them to view videos. If the video is in wmv format I need to activate the Windows Media Player and if the video is in rm format the Real Player. How is possible to hide one and show the other player? I've seen this kind of video viewer but I can't understand how to do this. Tell me too if this is the right place or if I have to post my question in another forum. Thanks Hi, Dialogs as child windows can help. Prepare two dialog templat...

WorkBooks In Separate Windows.
Hi. Always in the past when I have created a new Workbook, it opened in a new Window, separate from the Workbook that was already open. Now, today, for no reason that I'm aware of, Excel refuses to put the new Workbook in a separate Window. It puts the new one in the same window, on top of the one that was already open. Did I state that clearly?? Do you know what I mean?? I cannot get the new Workbook into its own Window. I can split the Window, so both Workbooks are visible, but that's not what I want. I want the new Workbook in its own Window, totally separate...

Hotfix
Good day, can anyone tell me if there are any hotfixes for rms v2.0 running on windows xp sp3. I have customers using a dell 760 machine with sp3 and they seem to be having separate problems. One is a polling issue, where hq is giving a coalition conflict and another one the pos is turning off whenever they start doing transaction abd giving a blue screen. I heed help urgently. If there is any hotfixes can i get a link to download them. Thanks in advance -- Kay This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0217_01CA15E0.353A20E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=...