Fail to update KB982524 with Error Code: 0x80246002

Have tried a number of times to install high priority update KB982524
"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for
Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86", including uninstalling .NET
Framework 3.5 and always returns with obscure failure with just an error code
and no supporting information.

Anyone know what error code 0x80246002 is? and if there is a way to either
get it to install properly or stop it asking to be updated?

I am running Windows XP SP3

Japster,

emphasis
Method 2: Download and install the update manually
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958056
-=-

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
 ◕‿◕
 -=-
"Japster" wrote:

> Have tried a number of times to install high priority update KB982524
> "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for
> Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86", including uninstalling .NET
> Framework 3.5 and always returns with obscure failure with just an error code
> and no supporting information.
>
> Anyone know what error code 0x80246002 is? and if there is a way to either
> get it to install properly or stop it asking to be updated?
>
> I am running Windows XP SP3

Updating RMS
Can we update RMS with a hotfix while the store is open or do we have to do it while store is closed. 9 stations with RMS including server. You will have to shut down the RMS on all machines including server and update the hotfix on them. I would do it before the store opens or after it is closed. Best regards, Mihir Diviasoft, Inc www.diviasoft.com mihirs@diviasoft.com "The Comedian" <TheComedian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3A75D53-BFC8-4DCA-A536-7AE994B6B1B1@microsoft.com... > Can we update RMS with a hotfix while the store is open or do we ...

Updating two entites one page
I am looking for a way to update two entities on one form. Somewhat like how the account/address relationship works. I have one main entity and other "sub"entities. I would like to set up the system so that on one form we can look at and edit both. Is this possible? Thanks! This isn't possible without creating your own custom form and updating it using the SDK or using some 3rd party add-on. -Xavier www.MSCRMExperts.com Quest Business Solutions On May 15, 10:24 am, AAA <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am looking for a way to update two entities ...

How do I get a filter to "UPDATE" the rows selected?
Hey there! I am using Excel 2002 and I have a speadsheet that has prices in it. If I have the filter set to (the filter criteria is much more complex than this though) prices for items that cost >$5.00. Of I change an item to 4.59, it should not be seen. How can I get it to re-update the rows shown, with out releaseing the filter and resetting it? Is there something like refresh.filter or anything like that? Thanks Phil AFAIK you must release and reset but a macro with a worksheet_change event could trigger this for you so that it would happen automatically. -- Don Guillett SalesAid...

Error 2711 an internal error has occurred (outlookvbscript)
Trying to install Symantec Enterprise Vault. Received the following error on Citrix server in Outlook. =93Microsoft Office Outlook cannot provide form scripting support. The feature is not available. For more information, contact your system administrator.=94 From http://www.lundgren.it/?p=3D10 the fix is to find out the Office GUID and run the command: msiexec /i {90120000-002A-0000-1000-0000000FF1CE} ADDLOCAL=3DOutlookVBScript /qb I did this on one Citrix server and it worked. Now I have another citrix server and when I run the msiexec command I get this error: "Err...

FindResourceEx fails.
Hello I cant the the following function to work. FindResourceEx returns NULL. TRACE prints 1814 as error. m_wLanguage is 1053, and I got swedish as a lang in my resourcefile. const char* CResourceLoader::GetString(int nId) { HRSRC hResource = FindResourceEx( NULL, RT_STRING, MAKEINTRESOURCE(nId), m_wLanguage); TRACE("%d\n", GetLastError()); if (!hResource) { char szString[512]; LoadString(NULL, nId, szString, 512); return szString; } else return (const char*)LoadResource(NULL, hResource); } Jonas > I cant the the following function to work. FindResourc...

Outlook Error #7
U have outlook6 eveytime I try to go into I get an error saying:Msimn has caused an errir in DIRECTDB.DLL Msimn will close. What does this mean? And how can I fix this problem? Thank You This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.in...

Windows Update with Vista Update
I have a continuing problem when installing WindowsUpdates on my Vista 64b Ultimate machine. At some point during the installation process, memory is corrupted. This is evident by the fact that my screen graphics get totally 'scrambled' and the machine hangs. I have to powerdown, restart in Safe Mode and then restart in normal mode. This happens on about 1 in 3 update processes. I have all of the latest updates (except for those I tried to install just now...) Can anyone offer any advice as to what to do? ...

MSRMWorkflow service error 16649
Dear All, have problem with workflow service, this error contain like source : MSCRMWorkflowservice Eventid : 19949 Decription : Condition (C67791F4-5BB9-DA11-843D-0050BAE2D656)Failed in step (BE7791F4-5BB9-DA11-834D-0050BAE2D656) of process instance (AE7791F4-5BB9-DA11-843D-0050BAED656). Please view the paused rle in the microsoft.CRM.Workflow.Monitor for more information about the falure. for more information, see help and support center at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/evnt.asp. Plese help if u have any infrmation to fix this problem. regards Rahmatc I think the ...

Bill Pay Error
for the last couple of months my bill pay through msn is incorrectly telling me how many days i have to send my payments. when i try, it tells me it is too soon, tells me to check my system date which is ok. Tech support no help, I seem to know more than them disconnected... HELP, I've tried everything, I've been using money for years and msn bill pay through money for about 16 months, never a probem. -- Lisa ...

Update/still a problem: some emails not getting to a user since going live with exchange.
Since going live with exchange, I have a user that no longer recieves two daily emails from outside vendors. One is the current exchange rate, the other being a tech update. The user gets nothing in his inbox. Checking the logs, I do see the emails coming in but do not know what happens then. 12/5/2005 3:46:33 GMT 66.255.118.5 techserv.techforce.net VTDOMAIN 192.168.94.231 twarren@voicetechinc.com 1019 20051204224843.A24546@bespin.techforceinc.net 0 0 47288 1 2005-12-5 3:46:31 GMT 0 Version: 6.0.3790.1830 - - root@techforce.net 12/5/2005 3:46:33 GMT 66.255.118.5 techserv.techforce.net VTDOMA...

Update combo boxes with separate form
I have a form with several combo boxes. If a certain choice is chosen (example: Yes in control for rodent infestation) then a form opens that locks everything until a supervisor enters a password ensuring that they were notified. Now they want the options to be farther apart so that Yes isn't accidentally chosen. I haven't found any way to do this. Any ideas? I am using combo's to save room. I thought about opening another form with command buttons, but can't figure out how to reference the control that opened the form since I would be using the same form for each ...

Quick Campaigns are failing
Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. For more information, contact your system administrator. with the "Status Reason = aborted" I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has anyone seen this before? The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns still work there. Update to this: ...

Re: connection fails daily
On 18/12/2009 23:42, fcsark9handler wrote: ????????? *What* did the poster write? -- Dave (Sometimes man stumbles over the truth ...... Sir Winston Churchill) ...

Error Message The Microsoft Jet Engine stopped the process because
I have a client that has a database that we have converted from 97 to 2003. We converted the programs first and things seemed to run fine except that it was slow. We converted the data and we are now getting the Error Message: "The Microsoft Jet Engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time". This error occurs on two different subforms of a parent form. One of the subforms has some complex calculations the other does not and really doesn't have any extra VB code behind it. The error only occurs occationally ...

Error messages:
I get two error messages when I try to send or receive e- mail in outlook express: #1. The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Microsoft Mail server', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D #2.The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Microsoft Mail server', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Er...

Consistency Check fails and fails and fails ...
Hello all last Tuesday, we had a Blue Screen on our Home Directories server. After having it restarted, I got a DPM error, thus needing a Consistency Check. Today, one week later, I did 30 Consistency Checks, all having failed with all kinds of errors: - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\K... (ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)) - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\G...

Why is collection failing?
I'm creating a wrapper class for a collection object, mainly so I can test whether a given records exists. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting "Invalid procedure or argument" in the exists function when I try to extract the value, whether it actually exists or not. I've tried collection.item and collection(item), same result. BTW, the values are numbers that I convert to strings. Option Compare Database Option Explicit 'this class object extends the collection object to include an 'exists' boolean function Private colStatus As VBA.Collection Private S...

CreateDirectoryW fails
Hi I want to create a directory with more then 300 characters. I am using the CreateDirectoryW function and prepending \\?\ to the path for eg.. CreateDirectoryW("\\\\?\\C:\\Temp\\..." some long name but the function fails with error 123. What could be the problem. I am working on Windows 2000. Regards Jakir Would it hurt to tell us what error 123 means? (I looked it up and it says the fllename syntax is illegal). Give your code snippet below, I'm not surprised. Take a look at CreateDirectoryW. What is its argument type? A Unicode string. So you should supply a Unic...

Users failing to log in to Exchange on some PCs but not others.
Last week a number of laptop users reported that whenever they run Outlook 2002 to access exchange they are being prompted with a login dialogue. As they are already authorised network users this should not be happening. I took the most important users laptop and checked the settings to find everything was OK. I started a test profile and tried to set up the user there. Same problem. I went to another PC and set up a new profile and accessed exchange immediately. Back at the laptop, I reinstalled the Outlook Suite, The Network components and anything else I could think may be at fault, but sti...

CRM 3.0 Server Error in '/' Application when accessing Reports via
Hi, I've got a server running Sharepoint 2003 and CRM 3.0, both using SQL 2000 Server, which is a separate server. All Windows Server 2003. The default website on the CRM site has always been stopped and the CRM site has a host header, the CRMReports folder is inside the CRM website. No SSL enabled on the CRM site. All has been running fine until the last couple of days, now when we go to http://crm and click on 'Reports' in the CRM app via IE, we get the following error: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. --------------------...

Error Code 8004888d
Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit Have been sing windows live messenger for years with no problem. Suddenly it (almost) freezes when I try to log on and then wont let me sign in. "Signing in to windows Live Messenger failed becasue the dervice is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later - Error code: 8004888d" The service is available because I still have no problem signing in at any other computer. I saw some (old) "fixes" on google, all of which I tried and none work. Needless to mention, no help from Microsoft. Anyone any ideas ? Thanks...

Runtime error when trying to save Excel 2000 worksheet from VB app
I have a VB 6.0 application that creates reports using Excel 2000. The application has been working fine but recently I installed it on a new hard drive (same configuration) and now I get a run time error every time I try to save the excel report. The error is: Runtime error '1004'. "Unable to set the CenterHeader Property of the Page Setup class." Can anyone help me troubleshoot this problem?! ...

Operation Failed error
When I attempt to send a worksheet via email (Outlook 2000) I get "Operation Failed" error. Any ideas? ...

Report Load Failed
when i deploy my project, crystel report have an error "report load failed".This project made in C# desktop application 2008. In solution, there is no error beacuse the crystel report path work well in solution but no well in deployment. ...

Excel fails to save properly
I have a daily exercise in which I copy a web-based datagrid and paste it into an Excel workbook. It's typically up to 6,000 rows +/- and 15 columns wide. It takes a while to paste. After that I block format remove text-wrap and adjust row height and column widths to fit, change the worksheet tab to a description name, then attempt to SAVE AS "XXXX_YYYY-MM-DD.XLS". At this point the worksheet usually becomes unresponsive but not always. If I close Excel and then reopen it, the recovered file can eventually be repaired and saved. Is this a known problem? I suspect th...