Code 8007066F "Windows Update encoutered an unknown error

The update failed to install and I received the above error code and message.
How can I fix this?

Insert your Office 2007 into the appropriate drive-bay.
-=-

"Webrider0" wrote:

> The update failed to install and I received the above error code and message.
> How can I fix this?
I tried with the Office CD in the drive but the same error code and message
came up.

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Insert your Office 2007 into the appropriate drive-bay.
> -=-
>

> "Webrider0" wrote:
>
> > The update failed to install and I received the above error code and message.
> > How can I fix this?
0x8007066F ERROR_UNKNOWN_PATCH
The update is not applied to this product.

1) *Which* update is failing to install ?
2) *What* is the edition of Windows; **what Service Pack level** is it on ?
3) Did you try manually downloading, ***saving the update***, and then
try to manually install it yet ?

Microsoft Download Center
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Webrider0 wrote:
> I tried with the Office CD in the drive but the same error code and message
> came up.
>
> "Ǝиçεl" wrote:
>
>> Insert your Office 2007 into the appropriate drive-bay.
>> -=-
>>

>> "Webrider0" wrote:
>>
>>> The update failed to install and I received the above error code and message.
>>> How can I fix this?
0
MowGreen

Error tendering transactions
I have 4 tender types set up in RMS: cash, cheque, on account, and COD (which in effect is also on account). Recently I tried to tender a transaction COD, but got an Error 315 message, stating: "A tender type is invalid while in offline mode". BUT, the POS station is NOT working in offline mode. How do I fix this? Is the only problem with the COD tender type? If so you might want to try to delete it and recreate it again. Daniel NuRol Point of Sale and Barcoding www.nurol.com 404-352-3587 >-----Original Message----- >I have 4 tender types set up in RMS: cash, cheque, ...

Integrate Paycodes, benefit codes and deduction codes
Has anyone used integration manager to update new pay rates, deduction amounts and benefit amounts for employees? At the beginning of each year, our company gives pay increases and we need to update the pay codes, deduction codes and benefit codes for 40 employees, which we get the information from a spreadsheet. I thought that maybe I could use integration manager to update the pay, benefit and deduction codes instead of going into each employee's card, which is time consuming. Thanks, Laura Integration Manager will allow you to do this. Use the Payroll Master Destination. one ...

Error #1004
I use epace which is set up on excel and has many links. When I go into any of my excel workbooks and try refresh the file, I get the following message: Error #1004 was generated by Microsoft Excel Calculate Method of Range class failed. The file saves my trial balance numbers but will not save other changes made (titles and other alpha changes). Any thoughts? ...

zip codes don't merge #2
I am trying to mail merge w/ Word 2000 the names and addresses in my worksheet. When I get to the part to choose the format for the mailing labels, I choose F1, F2, etc. to F6 (which is the zip code column). A few do get there, but the vast majority stop at the state, leaving off the entire zip code. I have gone to menu/format and selected text in the number tab. I have gone to format/cells and chosen special/zip code in the number tab. I've read Excel for Dummies. Please help me. TIA bb ...

Cannot access windows update via Control Panel
But I can access windows update if I first start IE8 and select windowsupdate from the Tools menu. When I try to access windows update via Control Panel, I get this message: 1. On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options. 2. Click the Security tab. 3. Click the Trusted Sites icon, and then click Sites... 4. Uncheck the "require server verification" checkbox. 5. Make sure the following URLs are listed in the Web Sites list box: * http://*.windowsupdate.microsoft.com * http://*.windowsupdate.com I followed the ...

concatenating two vendor codes
My company recently changed the vendor codes and now I end up with two separate sets of data for each vendor. Obviously I could just leave the vendor code field out. I don't want to do that so what I need to do is concatenate the two codes. Example Vendor Code Vendor Name 123 Joe's Supplies ABC Joe's Supplies what I need is this Vendor Code Vendor Name 123/ABC Joe's Supplies any ideas? Rather than create a new record for each vendor, add another field to the table -- call it NewVendorCode -- and put th...

Can MS EXCEL remove duplicates and separate by color coded items ?
Can MS EXCEL remove duplicates and separate by color coded items ? I am NOT technical and have just started using MS EXCEL. Can anyone PLEASE HELP me: 1. How can I automatically remove duplicates using EXCEL ? ie the same info input more than once on different lines. Can EXCEL do this ? 2, I have color coded the text in the certain lines in terms of priority. can Excel rearrange the data by color ? If yes, How do I do it ? I think I have EXCEL '97 Thanks for your help in advance. Hi 1. You can extract the unique items to a new list using menu Data > Filter > Advanced fil...

Windows live messenger has stopped working
when I boot my PC and start Windows 7 WLM during the startup phase stops working before it has fully started. If however i start it after the boot up process is complete it works fine. I am using Window 7 64 Home Prem... and am running a new ATI 5800 series card, have 4g of ram etc..... Any ideas? I have read through the posts on this board and i do not see my problem though it is likely related to the other ones i have seen. Greetings, It might be a bit hard to isolate what's causing this without disabling other things starting at startup, as it's probably just a...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

Save Error
I have a file that I am trying to save. Everytime I select Save I get the following message: Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added to file data file.xls. -To return to your workbook without saving click Cancel. -If you want to continue saving changes without repairing the problem, click OK. -For information about repairing the problem, click Help. When I click Help I get a blank grey box. How can I find out what is wrong? Thanks, JC It kind of sounds like you're getting hit with the fact that Excel has a limit of 4000 different formats in a workbook....

16 bit code
Hello, I have a 16 bit code to maintain. (It is too complex to copile it to 32 bit) so all we are doing is support. Now they want to add a small feature, where I need to copy long file names in the project. I know we can not do long file name copies in vc++ (1.52). So I wrote a program in VC++(6.0) which does directory copy. My questions are 1. How can I call a 32 bit exe (I guess WinExec should work)? 2. How can I make the 16 bit to wait till the 32 bit code completes? 3. Is there any other better way to do this? (other than converting to 32 bit) Thanks. I actually do this in an old 16-bi...

NDIS intermediate driver under Windows 7
I have a monitoring firewall app that uses NDIS intermediate driver. Everything is fine under XP. But under Windows 7, I am able to install the NDIS driver, but the app complains that it can not connect to driver when it starts up. Any hints or pointers? -- Programmer's Goldmine collections: http://preciseinfo.org > the NDIS driver, but the app complains that it can not connect to > driver when it starts up. Access denied? is the app running with admin privileges? --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com ...

VBA Code for Pasting Sheets
I would like a spreadhseet that pastes the contents of one sheet into another sheet. I like like to do this for 7 different sheets For example: I would like paste the contents form sheet titled "sheet1" into a sheet titled "data1". Continue to process for pasting "sheet2" into "data2" and "sheet3" into "data3" all way until "sheet7" and "data7". thanks, Curt Subject: Automated Copy Paste Subject: Copy/Paste Import/Export Data VBA Code On Apr 27, 10:49=A0am, Curt <C...@discussions.mi...

Updating IV00102 through EConnect
Is it possible to Update IV00102 table through eConnect. I need to Update the GP-Item Quantity from my external applicatiom .I think direct updation will be danger. ...

area codes is auto filling my own 9 digit ph# vs just area code
When I enter a phone number for a contact it autofills with my personal area code and phone number instead of just the area code. How to I change this to just autofil the area code? I am using Outlook 2007 on an ACER laptop. Make sure you have your area code entered correctly in "Dialing Properties". "Computer Dummy" wrote: > When I enter a phone number for a contact it autofills with my personal area > code and phone number instead of just the area code. How to I change this to > just autofil the area code? I am using Outlook 2007 on an ACER ...

windows installer; preparing to install
Every time I go to open OUTLOOK, I get a message saying 'Preparing to install' that won't go away for up to 1 minute. The hard-drive on this pc recently crashed, and all the programs on it were reinstalled, so I think the problem has something to do with the registry. I have an install CD for Office 2003 that includes OUTLOOK, and when I try and uninstall / reinstall the program, it isn't removing Outlook - that selection is grayed out. ...

Error message when opening attachments
I receive the following error when trying to open mail attachments: OUTLOOK.EXE szAppVer: 10.06626.0 szModName:hungapp szModVer:0.0.0.0 I use the install disc to "repair" MS - but error persists. Can anyone assist me? Hi Robert, This issue can occur if the Outlook cache files are corrupt. Please perform the steps below to rename and recreate them: Step1: Rename Cache files =============== Perform a search on your computer to find the following files: extend.dat outcmd.dat frmcache.dat views.dat NOTE: Some of them may not exist, but it should not matter. You may also need ...

Uninstall MS Office 2010 Beta on Windows 7
I downloaded and installed the beta version of MS Office 2010 on my system running Windows 7, 64 bit. It ran great. The newer features are much better than what is currently available. One day I fired up the Word module and was hit with the error message "program is corrupt, uninstall or re-install to correct the problem". My problem is I can't do either. I keep getting the corrupt message and the same corrective measures to take. Anyone have a fix or suggestion - Thanks ...

Money 2004 - Experian Offer
I just loaded Money 2004 Deluxe and converted my 2003 files with no problem. I decided to give the free year of credit monitoring from Experian a try but after filling everything out I get an error that the provided code has expired. I neither had nor provided any code for this offer, I only used the link from Money 2004. Now Experian was more than willing to set up a $79 account if I wanted to proceed. Any solution out there? I have the same problem... I am looking for a FREE way to contact Microsoft about this problem. >-----Original Message----- >I just loaded Money 2004 ...

windows installer 3.0
My computer is OS Windows XP PRO, SP3. I attempted to upgrade my security suite CA2007 to CA ISS 2010 and I was only able to partially install it. A windows installer message kept popping up asking to install a file from a temp folder and showing the Source List product code. I used regedit to look up the code and it belongs to a "AMRT.msi". Looking for this file on the Web; I think it could possibly be malware. It is not doing anything-I think-it is just there in the registry. This pop up message from Windows Installer is preventing me from installing AntiVirus softwar...

MC/VISA joint code
Isn't there any way to combine the blocks (4* & 5*) for MC/VISA credit cards? It's a pain to have them separate because my bank posts them together. It is the same company afterall. It would save me a lot of time adding separate entries together to reconcile the statement! I do not know of a way to do what you are asking, but I have found that using the # symbol as follows works better than using the * symbol: 4############### 5############### If you use the * symbol it is a wild card with no determined length. The # symbol requires that the characters after the first d...

active window behind inactive, & other probs; font corruption?
Version: 2008; operating system: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard); processor: PowerPC I was referred here from another support list, because the expert advising me there suggested that I might have complicated subtle font problems; I am very grateful for any advice! This message is long, because several things are going on and I've tried several solutions. I routinely work with six or so Word files open, half of which have Track Changes turned on. I recently installed Word 2008 (upgrading from Word X), and have been having strange problems. When I select a group of files in the Finder ...

How to open different excel books in different windows?
I just want to know which options should be enabled to open different exel sheets in different windows by opening single Excel application Just open them! If you want to see more than one at the same time, reduce the size of each window, so that you can fit them either side-by-side, or one in the upper half, and one in the lower half. I.e., move your mouse to one of the borders, click and drag to the middle of the screen "Yoga" wrote: > I just want to know which options should be enabled to open different exel > sheets in different windows by opening single Excel appl...

DOS window title..
Hi guys, anybody please explain how to show my texts into DOS window title.. I am spawning DOS program(file editor) by CreateProcess() and I want to display opened file name. Thanks. Bob SetConsoleTitle "Bob" <bbg9507@quicksilver.net.nz> wrote in message news:SF_fd.88$op3.2555@news.xtra.co.nz... > Hi guys, anybody please explain how to show my texts into DOS window > title.. > I am spawning DOS program(file editor) by CreateProcess() and I want to > display opened file name. Thanks. Bob > > Thanks River, can you give a bit more detailed usage of SetC...

Analytical Accounting
Hi, One of my Client's is considering to go down AA path with approx 300,000 AA dimension codes. I would like to hear whether such data set is manageable from Query wizard etc. appreciate your thoughts. Good Morning PR, I found that the issue isn't the number of AA Trx Dim Codes it is the size of the AAG30000 and AAG40000 tables the more entries the longer it takes to product the report. I had one client that started having a cached SSRS report with AA information as a management level report and a different SSRS report with a more restrictive dataset for reporting ...