Cannot shut down Windows 7

I upgraded my HP laptop from Vista to W7.  Now Outlook 2007 keeps freezing
and has to be killed off using Task Manager.  In addition I cannot close down
Windows if I am connected to the network.  I can restart in safe mode, or if
I unplug the network cable but if I am plugged in, it gets to shutting down
and hangs.  Have left it for an hour or so but nothing seems to help.

<http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/WindowsAnswers>
-=-

"NevilleT" wrote:

> I upgraded my HP laptop from Vista to W7.  Now Outlook 2007 keeps freezing
> and has to be killed off using Task Manager.  In addition I cannot close down
> Windows if I am connected to the network.  I can restart in safe mode, or if
> I unplug the network cable but if I am plugged in, it gets to shutting down
> and hangs.  Have left it for an hour or so but nothing seems to help.
Windows Update has nothing to do with upgrading Windows. Please post any
future questions about upgrading in this forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads

NevilleT wrote:
> I upgraded my HP laptop from Vista to W7.  Now Outlook 2007 keeps freezing
> and has to be killed off using Task Manager.  In addition I cannot close
> down Windows if I am connected to the network.  I can restart in safe
> mode,
> or if I unplug the network cable but if I am plugged in, it gets to
> shutting down and hangs.  Have left it for an hour or so but nothing seems
> to help.

0
PA

Windows Device Manager Cannot
Hi, I have installed Office Proffessional plus 2010 RTM. When I try to sync my Outlook 2010 content using Windows Mobile Divice Center I get the following message. "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client." Can you please advice on how to correct this issue. Regards, Abby Open IE and ensure there that Outlook is set as your default mail client. Tools > Internet Options > Programs. If it is set as the default mail client, ...

Send copy to active window
I have a vb.net app in which I have setup a "hotkey" where when the user types that key combo, something is supposed to happen. The hotkey part is working and fires perfectly. What this is supposed to do, is copy whatever text is selected, no matter where the user is in the system, either my app, notepad, whatever, and copy that text to the clipboard. I have tried SendMessage API, VB's SendKeys, and It only seems to work sometimes. I would prefer to use SendMessage with a WM_COPY but can't get it to work at all, so I've been using SendKeys, sending "...

Serial number error in sales order entry window (2nd post)
I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had this problem. I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial number into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones. How do I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory? I need to: 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number. 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number. 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY. How do I do this? Hi Paoakalani Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon...

migration shut down the information store 5.5
Hi all I have two 5.5 and two 2003 sp1 exchange server all in the same admin group and site. on one of the 5.5 server, i have all the mailboxes moved over to one of my 2003 servers. I would like to turn off the information store on the 5.5 server that has all the production mailboxes moved over to the 2003 server, this way if anyone complains that they cant get into email, then i know that the mailbox needs to get moved. My questions are, by tunrning off the information store service on the 5.5 server, will this negatively effect the ADC replication? I have removed the IMC off of this...

Windows application list
Hai to all, I has to hook every application installed in the system.For that, I hav to list all applications I hav two paths to get applications list from registry.In first one, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths It'll only get microsoft applications list only. I hav installed other software such as Dev-C++ its not listed here.In another path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall In this i can get all applications display name.But here also some problem is there. I f i get Microsoft visual studio dis...

IE6 shuts down
XP Pro SP3 IE6 I have just installed all the new critical updates. Now, on ocassion, after a web page has almost loaded the browser simply shuts down. No particular website , no sense at all. Must be something in the updates. Any ideas what? tia Joe Do you have the same experience when you start Internet Explorer from the 'no add-ons' icon? Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons) Do you have the same experience after you have reset Internet Explorer settings? "How to Reset Internet Explorer ...

gmail does not move to windows live mail
My mail comes into the gmail page but not into windows live mail. How can I correct this problem? Is WLMail giving you an error when you login or sync? Please copy / paste the entire error message so we know what you're up against. "jijiflies@gmail.com" <jijiflies@gmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:506EAC03-1B52-4E0F-A6FA-F9F13997B852@microsoft.com... > My mail comes into the gmail page but not into windows live mail. How can > I > correct this problem? Do you have the gmail account set up in WLM? -- Patrick P. ...

Need Office with Excel for windows 98
I never had need for Office until now. Problem is my system is the old Windows 98 and everything for sale needs Windows 2000, or newer. How can I get ahold of an old Office program to install? (I live in southern california) Need to find a place to purchase. Try ebay. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Green graduate student" <Green graduate student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC95A59F-AB70-4C70-9C80-FD42E843E137@microsoft.com... > I never had need for Office until now. Problem is my system is the old > Windows 98 and everything for sale needs Windows 20...

previewing windows files in Outlook
Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open the folders in Outlook, there is no AutoPreview or preview pane feature. I would like to view these files in Outlook without having to open each file. I use Outlook 2000. Peter Henderson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows > documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to > various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open > the folders in...

windows mail
have been trying to set up my live account on window mail and keep gettting this error message could u help me thisThe connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop3.live.com.au', Server: 'pop3.live.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E is the error message Not sure you need ".au" on the end of your server name. Live.com Settings: Server names and ports: POP3 = pop3.live.com Port = 995 SMTP = smtp.live.com Port = 587 Checkboxes you need to check include: Server Tab...

Help resizes window &%$#!
This problem is probably not excel specific: Is there a way to prevent help routines to resize the program window? When I start Excel-Help, the Excel window is reduced to half of the full size - even if the help window is larger than the other half of the screen. This causes a lot of swearing because I can't see anything in the worksheet because the window is too small and I can't see the help window because it is partly covered by the excel window. My fear is I have to live with it. Can somebody convince me otherwise? Thanks Oskar von dem Hagen ...

Is there any way for System.IO.StreamWriter Write method to write out part of the string to file. such as if the machine is shut down half way through? or does the file not actually exist until the en
Is there any way for System.IO.StreamWriter Write method to write out part of the string to file. such as if the machine is shut down half way through? or does the file not actually exist until the entire write is completed successfully. ...

Hiding Columns #7
Hi, I am new to this forum. I hope someone can help me. I have a workbook to which I add a sheet every pay period. Actually, I copy the sheet from the previous week and make a new, additional sheet at the end of the workbook. I use these sheets for batching the current payroll information and link past columns to new. I do not remove any old info from the new copied sheet, but I add 10 new columns to each sheet each time I copy. I tell you all of this in case it helps with my problem. My new sheet will not allow me to hide the columns I don't need to see. The Error message is "CANN...

Microsoft Windows 2000 Pro
Does anyone have alot of experience with 2000 Pro??? Something went completly haywire with my Outlook. First its refers to IIS 4.0, then to some patch and send me to the vendor which I've been sent to another file and another until I guess run out. Sure would like some help with this. I can't uninstall or reinstall Mico Windows 2000 Pro. Patch error again. Thanks You're not making a lot of sense here. Can you explain what you are trying to do and with what version of Outlook? Also mention the exact errors you get and from what programs these errors come from. -- Robert S...

exchange or windows forestprep
Hi I currently have exchange 2000 in a 2000 AD environment, I am about to upgrade our environment to windows 2003 and exchange 2003 by putting in a new FE server. I was wondering should I run Exchange 2003 forestprep and domainprep 1st or Windows 2003 forestprep and domainprep. Does it actually matter? TIA Joe Sorry Nuevo My fault, my new FE server isn't going to be a 2003 DC as well. I am going to install e2k3 (FE) on a new 2003 member server, then a week or 2 later deploy my 1st w2k DC. Do I still need to run windows 2003 forestprep and domainprep 1st, then exchange 2003...

number 7 won't print
A user created a spreadsheet with names and phone numbers. In some colomns the number 7 will not print out. I did print out to a Black and white printer and the 7's did print out. I send to a color printer and they don't print. I changed the font color to red (it is black) and the 7's still didn't print. I replaced the 7's with 8's and sent to color printer and the 8's printed out fine. I have looked at format, same as other cells. Any suggestions ? Could it be a print driver ? If so, why 7's ? Thanks for any help. Debra I figured out that user had diff...

position of a CDialog window
Hi all, I'm just a beginner in MFC programming, and I have a littel problem: I don't know how to set the position of a window created here's my code: ================================================================== CDialogOpInCorso* pDialog; pDialog = new CDialogOpInCorso(); //Check if new succeeded and we got a valid pointer to a dialog object if(pDialog != NULL) { BOOL ret = pDialog->Create( IDD_OPINCORSO, this ); if(!ret) //Create failed. { MessageBox("Error creating Dialog", TITOLO_ERRORE, MB_ICONERROR ); } pDialog->m_strOpInCorsoMsg = &quo...

Trouble shutting down
I am trying to figure out why my computer (XP/SP3) seems to have trouble shutting down from time to time. Several days ago I shut it down. Or thought I did. Obviously I was in a hurry and did not sit watching it for the usual long time the shut down usually takes. Came back to restart it today and at first I thought it had read my mind and started up on its own. Then I realized it had never finished shutting down. Apparently a program was not responding and Windows was asking me what did I want to do? A question like this is probably even more inane of the things Windows ma...

performed illegal operation & will shut down
I have performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. Caused by my last returned email. Now what???? I can't even open Outlook to delete this Any suggestions would be appreciated Deborah ...

Importing from Windows Mail: lost my contact groups
Is there anyway to get my contact groups back? I imported from Windows Mail in Vista to Outlook 07. All my addresses are fine, but I don't have my contact groups. No, contact groups are not exportable. You'll need to make the groups in Outlook (where they are called distribution lists). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mai...

parent window?
hi, Im trying to display bmp image using static control.I have created a pointer as cstatic stc; when i use stc.Create(NULL,SS_BITMAP,pos,?); what shall i give for the parent window of static control? i used getactivewindow(),but i was not able to display bmp when setbitmap(Hbmp) is used. thanks in advance susi ...

Chasing Windows
Would anyone know of a way to keep new pages from stealing the active page upon opening? It is terriably frustrating to have to keep chasing the active page as new pages open. I'm running XP on an ACER and our systems tend to be slow because of our hardware combinations. It is not unsual for me to be working in one docu and decide I need info from another docu or docus or web site, go start those pages opening and go back to my active page, all without loosing my train of thought - until the other pages finally start opening and stealing my active page. After I have chased my...

Disable Copy & Paste files but not text for Windows Server 2008 R2
I have a windows server 2008 r2 and am running remote desktop services. I want to disable cut/paste of files via clipboard/clipbook, while at the same time enabling cut/paste of text via clipboard/clipbook. This is working in earlier version of Windows. Any suggestion is much appreciated. -- Hannkwang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hannkwang's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/199146.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1319418.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Shutting down
Everytime i update my accounts my money 2005 shuts down I don't know but money2005 seem very buggie I had alot of misc. problems can any body tell me why it shuts down In microsoft.public.money, dberk3 wrote: >Everytime i update my accounts my money 2005 shuts down I don't know but >money2005 seem very buggie I had alot of misc. problems can any body tell me >why it shuts down I don't know. Is there an error message? ...

Postion of database window
When I close Access I noticed that the database window isn't (always) being remembered the next time I start the mdb? How does that work? What can I do to let Access remember the last known position? Thanks, Lars Usually opening a form in Design View, then moving the database window to the position you want, refocusing on the form and Saving, works. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Lars Brownies" <Lars@Browniew.com> wrote in message news:hha8jh$27b$1@textnews.wanadoo.nl... > ...