Cannot run Microsoft published on my machine

    All of a sudden I am getting this dialog when I try to d/l from msft!
And cannot get updates from the update site.

You cannot d/l from this publisher on this machine.

I have already added microsoft update to the trusted zone.
Any ideas?

winxp sp3
Sue

0
Sue

By the way:   there WAS a windows re-install on this machine.....

"Sue J Thomas" <sueastro@optonline.net> wrote in message
>    All of a sudden I am getting this dialog when I try to d/l from msft!
> And cannot get updates from the update site.
>
> You cannot d/l from this publisher on this machine.
>
> I have already added microsoft update to the trusted zone.
> Any ideas?
>
> winxp sp3
> Sue

0
Sue
5/27/2010 2:33:37 PM
Sue J Thomas wrote:
>    All of a sudden I am getting this dialog when I try to d/l from
> msft! And cannot get updates from the update site.
>
> You cannot d/l from this publisher on this machine.
>
> I have already added microsoft update to the trusted zone.
> Any ideas?
>
> winxp sp3

That is the message word-for-word?

"You cannot d/l from this publisher on this machine"?

WORD-FOR-WORD.  Very important.

My suggestions, follow these directions *as given* and don't deviate just
because you think (or even if you *know*) you have done a step previously.
In order, as given.  ;-)  At least you can tell people what all you have
done and eliminate a lot of possibilities if you do this.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download and run the MSRT manually:

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Fix your file/registry permissions...

Ignore the title and follow the sub-section under "Advanced Troubleshooting"
titled, "Method 1: Reset the registry and the file permissions"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377
*will take time
** Ignore the last step - you said you have SP3 already..

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download/install this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

After installing, do the following:

Start button --> RUN --> type in:
  "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Installer Clean Up\msizap.exe" g!
--> Click OK.
(The quotation marks and percentage signs and spacing should be exact.)
..
Reboot and logon as administrative user.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

.... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive.  After saving it to the root
of the C:\ drive, do the following:

Start button --> RUN and type in:
--> Click OK.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Visit this web page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

.... and click on the "Microsoft Fix it" icon.  When asked, select "RUN",
both times.  Check the "I agree" box and click on "Next".  Check the box
for "Run aggressive options (not recommended)" and click "Next".  Let
it finish up and follow the prompts until it is done.  Close/exit.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select to do a
CUSTOM scan...

Every time you are about to click on something while at these web pages -
first press and hold down the CTRL key while you click on it.  You can
release the CTRL key after clicking each time.

(deselect any others) and install it.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

time.  Rebooting as needed.

against the "Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live" ones or
"Windows Live" ones for now.  I would completely avoid the
Optional Hardware updates.  Also - I do not see any urgent need to install
Internet Explorer 8 at this time.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
5/27/2010 3:29:35 PM
You've been having Windows Update problems for quite some time, Sue. Your
posts' headers suggest you've not been able to update the WinXP SP3 computer
for well over a year now.

cf. your 17 Mar-10 post about 0x8DDD0020 &ActiveX errors:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/aff805d147a3775d

cf. your 13 Mar-10 thread about an 0x80242006 error (when you're computer
wasn't fully-patched either):
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/293f094b49a0366f

> there WAS a windows re-install on this machine

When (approx. date) did you reinstall WinXP and why did you do it?

Did you do a Repair Install or a clean install?

Was IE7 or IE8 installed when you reinstalled WinXP?

What anti-virus application or security suite was installed before you
reinstalled WinXP and was your subscription current?

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed now and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)?

it and which would have been reinstalled, but invalid, when you reinstall
WinXP)?

PS: Yes, I ask a lot of questions.  Yes, doing so ends up helping the user
more quickly.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Sue J Thomas wrote:
> By the way:   there WAS a windows re-install on this machine.....
>
>>    All of a sudden I am getting this dialog when I try to d/l from msft!
>> And cannot get updates from the update site.
>>
>> You cannot d/l from this publisher on this machine.
>>
>> I have already added microsoft update to the trusted zone.
>> Any ideas?

0
PA
5/27/2010 5:33:27 PM
Yes, that was WORD FOR WORD.
Seemed like maybe some malware inserted msft as an 'untrusted publisher' in
the
"Content" tab of Int. Options.   Removed these entries and problem solved.
Malware
was 2 entries in the registry for "MyWebSearch".  All  ok now.  Called
PCSafety and
got a bit of help, thanks to them having me d/l and run SunbeltSoftware
Vipre.
Never had to check 'Content' tab before.  WU clear now and all ok. :) for
everything!
Oh....ie7, xp pro sp3
Sue
===========================
> [...]
>
> Reboot and logon as administrative user.
>
> Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select to do a
> CUSTOM scan...
>
> Every time you are about to click on something while at these web pages -
> first press and hold down the CTRL key while you click on it.  You can
> release the CTRL key after clicking each time.
>
> Once the scan is done, select just _ONE_ of the high priority updates
> (deselect any others) and install it.
>
> Reboot and logon as administrative user.
>
> If it did work - try the web page again - selecting no more than 3-5 at a
> time.  Rebooting as needed.
>
> The Optional Software updates are generally safe - although I recommend
> against the "Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live" ones or
> "Windows Live" ones for now.  I would completely avoid the
> Optional Hardware updates.  Also - I do not see any urgent need to install

Why is Publisher crashing when I select Print Preview?
I've used Print Preview before, but now the whole program closes when I select it. It doesn't make a difference whether I select it on the toolbar or from the dropdown menus. Any thoughts. Go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Leah S-W" <Leah S-W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B027FA0-7425-4CF9-94BE-0CA15A05FF45@microsoft.com... > I've used Print Preview before, but now the ...

Microsoft Outlook Web Access #4
Not sure if this is the right newgroup, but in ... Microsoft Outlook Web Access I am able to receive new emails, but can't send new ones. Everytime I try get the message "Internet Explorer has encounteed a problem and needs to close..." What can I do to fix this so I can start sending emails again?!? I'm running Vista Ultimate and IE 7.0 Protected Mode is off. Yep, wrong group. Microsoft.public.exchange.clients is the right one as = OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

Setting rules and alerts to run automatically on Spam folder?
I am attempting to undo a filter error that places valid email into the Spam folder. If I manually run the Rules and Alerts in the Spam folder, it will move the "spam" messages back to the Inbox. Is there a way to make the rule automatically run from a folder other than the Inbox? Hi Stu, [....] > Is there a way to make the rule automatically run from a folder other > than the Inbox? No. You could use another SpamFilter program (not Outlook spam filters) with more functions or have at first a look on this site for some further information about the Outlook Junk filte...

Custom Proposal Template in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
Hi What is the easiest way to create, print (..attach to an email message...) a custom proposal template in MS CRM 3.0? Thanks Jary ...

auto table of contents in publisher??
Is there the functionality to create a TOC in publisher that can be linked to Heading styles or something like is avail. in MS Word. thanks in advance Scott scott wrote: > Is there the functionality to create a TOC in publisher > that can be linked to Heading styles or something like is > avail. in MS Word. > > thanks in advance > > Scott Nope. No, create it in Word or do it manually which really is the answer if you want a top class job. -- ...

"Publisher has detected a problem in the file" error message 11009
"Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. To protect your computer, Publisher will not open the file." "Was this information helpful?" What? What information? Four days working on a brochure and now I can't open it! Any suggestions or places to start? Note possible related event. This occurred after deleting McAfee Security software, and the file has internal hyperlinks (hyperlinks to pages within document" Do you know anyone else with Publisher? Send it to them and see if they can open it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [P...

Running Sum used in calculation in Report
I have 12 columns, two are running sums (work great), I need those two running sum calculations to multiply together and that result in another column. I have tried a number of solutions and I'm still stuck. I hope I'm giving enough information. In the below example 2, 81, 4 and 84 are results of running sums of other columns. 2 81 here I need the result of 2*81 4 84 here I need the result of 4*84 I would expect that if the totals were needed in the same report section, all you would need to do is reference the names of the text boxes in an expression like: ...

Developer Extensions And Run-time Access 2007
Am I understainding correctly that the developer extentions are available as a free download as well as the run-time version of Access 2007? On Dec 14, 8:59 am, Huckle <Huc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Am I understainding correctly that the developer extentions are available as > a free download as well as the run-time version of Access 2007? That's true. I'm using them now. Keith That's correct. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Huckle" <Huckle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Re: How can I stop Outlook to run subsequent rules from VBA function bound to currently running rule
And I thought to use Rule's olRuleActionStop in VBA. . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

How do you view a document that was done in publisher without hav
How do you view a document that was done in publisher if you do not have publisher or you have an older version than what it was designed in? Is there a reader file for this? no you could output the file to a pdf if you have Acrobat distiller/writer or use CutePDF or PrimoPDF "Becky" <Becky @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4409C440-727A-4988-9614-E04DB27CBE80@microsoft.com... | How do you view a document that was done in publisher if you do not have | publisher or you have an older version than what it was designed in? Is | there a reader file for t...

Running Sum Query
friends, > Q.1: I have table "HMADetail" That has fields as > > Date Lot# SubLot# HMAPlacedToDay HMAPlacedToDate ....... > (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) > > I Have not created Query table from this table but created report with > fields (4) and (5) same. I set property for Field (5) with Running Sum > Overall. This report works good. But it writes all records from begining date > to end date. I need The end date records only. How do I get this without query table? > > Q2: If I have to creat ...

importing a large word document into Publisher XP
I am having a horrible time trying to figure out how to import a 24 page word document into a booklet format. I have been trying for two days to no avail. Please help me, this really shouldn't be this difficult! On your booklet's first page arrange the margins, create a text box to fit within your margin, with the text box selected, right-click, click change text, text file, browse to your Word file. Publisher will automatically create text boxes and pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "theworkin...

Run Macro button after info is entered in a cell
I want users to enter data in I3 then be able to click a "find" button which will run the macro below, but the macro won't work because excel is waiting for the user to click "enter" or "tab" after entering data in I3. How can I make the macro work? Range("J3").Select Rows("4:5").Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False Range("I3").Select Until you finish inputting the command into I3, XL won't do any macros. Is there some significant reason why the user can't hit "enter", "tab...

Microsoft Project Gateway in Portfolio Server 2007
Hello I have installed Project Server 2007 SP2 with Language Packages SP2, Portfolio Server 2007 with SP2, SQL Server 2005 with SP3. All in one server I have configured the Project Server Gateway with an attribute mapping template. The customs fields that are text and number can sincrhonize OK with Project Server. But the custom fileds that are lookup tables in Project Server can not syncronize with custom fields that are list type in Portfolio Server. I have created simple custom fields with an lookup table but I can´t syncrhonize I dont get any error in event view...

Taste this internet update from the Microsoft
--jowssxokvo Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jukqxrdabzx"; type="multipart/alternative" --jukqxrdabzx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ygcghhjyswr" --ygcghhjyswr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulner...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 product catalog and price list
Hi I'm new to Microsoft CRM and am trying to create a price list and product catalogue. I seem to be getting confused a lot on this and would appreciate any help I can get to make this easier to do. Thanks -- MaryGail After creating the Price List "header", you then create products and from there add price lists to the product, including the prices. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "MaryGail" <MaryGail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A19C4231-96BA-4AE2-9AF7-9B63D0BBCF24@microsoft.com... Hi I'm new to Microsoft CRM and am trying to...

How do I print one page only in a Publisher catalog merge?
I'm doing a catalog merge in Publisher for the first time and want to print only the one sheet with the address on each. Does anyone know how to print one sheet only in a catalog merge? I'm desperate for help! In step 3(step 5 in 2003), create a new publication, select the page, print current page. Not sure this is the answer you are looking for. You don't need to save the new publication, but it is a way to print one page. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "woodlandsec" <woodlandsec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48...

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat on August 7th, 2008
------=_NextPart_0001_74E9EEE0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team will be hosting the next Live Chat on August 7th, 2008, at 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. Is there a topic that you would like to discuss in depth? Do you want additional insight into a certain area of the software? Have you always wanted to know what to do when you encounter a particular scenario? If so, we'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to post any ideas on this thread, use the link in the Live Chats section of the RMS Using site (h...

Windows Live Mail Problem Running In XP
Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Service Pack 3 Situation : Calendar - Custom Recurrence - Every Second Thursday Problem : Calendar shows succeeding months' recurrence occurring on the Wednesday instead of the Thursday. Tried same situation on WLM running in Vista, and the calendar shows Thursday as it should. Is there a problem with Windows Live Mail and XP Bert Wicks Rockhampton Australia "Bert Wicks" <bertwicks@live.com.au> wrote in message news:uFtyvQBbKHA.6028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Servi...

Publisher 2011
Windows 7 / Publisher 2011 Is there a simple way to change the background color in a P2011 document? The 'Page Design', 'Backround' tab colors are limited and I see no way to add to them? In general, I'm finding it quite difficult to find answers to simple questions? Is there a good tutorial out there? - Thanks for your help, IM ...

installing visio and microsoft xp
I am trying to install Visio on an XP machine and I keep getting an error saying I must install service pack 3 for MS 2000. Anyone have a solution? ...

Microsoft Project Integration with Great Plains Project Accounting
I need to know whether is it possible to integrate Great Plains project accounting with Microsoft Project, and how does this can be done. Thanks in advance You should search the newsgroup. There have been multiple questions posted related to this topic and their is a common set of products available. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Mostafa Madkour" wrote: > I need to know whether is it possible to integrate Great Plains project > accounting with Microsoft Project, and how does this can be done. > > Thanks in advance ...

Microsoft Query is changing a negative number into a date
I am using Microsoft Query to pull a subset of a large excel file however two of my columns which are suppose to be numbers are not pulling in the negative numbers. If I look at the query in microsoft database the number shows up as a date/time string. I've tried formatting the original number as a number but the query still won't read the negative number. How do I get the query to read a negative number as a number and not a date. Hi Highlight the columns and format as a date "mowens" wrote: > I am using Microsoft Query to pull a subset of a large ex...

Long Print Times w/ Publisher mail merge
I frequently have mail merge documents cretaed in Pub 2007. They work great, but it takes forever publisher to release/spool these documents to the printer, and for the documents to print. I think I understand why this happens, what I am after is a way to print faster. Does anyone have any tricks to reduce the file size that is sent to the printer? Surely there must be a way around this, a way to print these mail merges faster. Anyone? Do you have a lot of images? Gradients? Is your printer driver current? Have you looked at the printer settings? Can you change the spooler settings, do...

resizing And Moving Controls At Run Time
Hello All, Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on form view). Thanks in advance... Developer wrote: >Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on >a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse >events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on >form view). The simple answer is yes. Here's some **simple minde...