Bad certificate on MS Windows Update sites

I pulled up the following MS site via IE 8 - Version 8.0.6001.18702 - Build
86001.

https://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
https://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com

I received the error message:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate

The problem is I had just 'updated' my Microsoft Trust Certificate
via the process.

1. In Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs
2. Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
3. Select the Update Root Certificates check box.
4. Click Next, and then click Finish.

So I have the following questions.

[1] Is there another (better) tool to view and update Microsoft Trust
Certificates?
[2] Is https://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com a valid Microsoft site?
[3] Is https://v3.windowsupdate.microsoft.com a valid Microsoft site?
[4] Is https://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com a valid Microsoft site?

If the Sites above are valid is there a Microsoft web page that explains the
difference?

The certificate for the following website seemed OK - and the website
installed the WUWEB active X control.

https://v3.windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Thanks so much ahead of time.

After scouring the Internet I think I'm not alone with the above issue.

Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

Assuming some flavor of Vista or Win7, why are you opening IE to
https://windowsupdate.microsoft.com in the first place?

MrSoftware wrote:
> I pulled up the following MS site via IE 8 - Version 8.0.6001.18702 -
> Build
> 86001.
>
> https://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
> https://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>
> I received the error message:
>
> There is a problem with this website's security certificate
>
> The problem is I had just 'updated' my Microsoft Trust Certificate
> via the process.
>
> 1. In Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs
> 2. Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
> 3. Select the Update Root Certificates check box.
> 4. Click Next, and then click Finish.
>
> So I have the following questions.
>
> [1] Is there another (better) tool to view and update Microsoft Trust
> Certificates?
> [2] Is https://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com a valid Microsoft site?
> [3] Is https://v3.windowsupdate.microsoft.com a valid Microsoft site?
> [4] Is https://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com a valid Microsoft site?
>
> If the Sites above are valid is there a Microsoft web page that explains
> the
> difference?
>
> The certificate for the following website seemed OK - and the website
> installed the WUWEB active X control.
>
> https://v3.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>
> Thanks so much ahead of time.
>
> After scouring the Internet I think I'm not alone with the above issue.

0
PA
4/1/2010 5:23:09 PM
OS: Windows XP
Version: 5.01.2600  Service Pack 3

Testing the following MS WU websites.

 1 http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
 2 http://v3.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
 3 http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
 4 http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
 5 http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/downloads/default.aspx

 7 https://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
 8 https://v3.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
 6 https://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
 9 https://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
10 https://www.microsoft.com/Windows/downloads/default.aspx

11
http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us
12
https://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
> newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
>
> Assuming some flavor of Vista or Win7, why are you opening IE to
> https://windowsupdate.microsoft.com in the first place?
>

> MrSoftware wrote:
> > I pulled up the following MS site via IE 8 - Version 8.0.6001.18702 -
> > Build
> > 86001.
> >
> > https://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
> > https://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
> >
> > I received the error message:
> >
> > There is a problem with this website's security certificate
> >
> > The problem is I had just 'updated' my Microsoft Trust Certificate
> > via the process.
> >
> > 1. In Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs
> > 2. Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
> > 3. Select the Update Root Certificates check box.
> > 4. Click Next, and then click Finish.
> >
> > So I have the following questions.
> >
> > [1] Is there another (better) tool to view and update Microsoft Trust
> > Certificates?
> > [2] Is https://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com a valid Microsoft site?
> > [3] Is https://v3.windowsupdate.microsoft.com a valid Microsoft site?
> > [4] Is https://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com a valid Microsoft site?
> >
> > If the Sites above are valid is there a Microsoft web page that explains
> > the
> > difference?
> >
> > The certificate for the following website seemed OK - and the website
> > installed the WUWEB active X control.
> >
> > https://v3.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
> >
> > Thanks so much ahead of time.
> >
> > After scouring the Internet I think I'm not alone with the above issue.
>
> .

How to save files in the formats of *.csv(MS-DOS) in Excel 2003
I want to save excel 2003 file as file type CSV (MS-DOS) so that it will enable me to import file to SAP. searched in Excel 2003 and can only save file as *.csv only; - I request if there is a functionality in MS Excel 2003 to be added in order to save file as CSV (MS-DOS) file type. This shows up near the bottom of the "save as type" list on the File|save as dialog in my copy of xl2003. Raind wrote: > > I want to save excel 2003 file as file type CSV (MS-DOS) so that it will > enable me to import file to SAP. > > searched in Excel 2003 and can...

Embedded excel are bad rendere

Address issue: How do you deal with such a scenario in MS CRM?
I have an account A1 A1 has a primary address ADD_1 A1 has a sub account called A2 A2 has a primary address ADD_2 A2 also has multiple addresses in "More Addresses" ADD_3, ADD_4 A2 has a contact C1 that is related to ADD_3 A2 has another contact C2 that is related to ADD_4 Now when I am creating C1, address fields should automatically be populated with ADD_3 details. Similarly when I am creating C2, address fields should automatically be populated with ADD_4 details. Since ADD_3 and ADD_4 are already entered in Account A2 level, users will not type these addresses again while cre...

Looking for a Hosting Site???
Looking for a location to host your Great Plains Solutions. Check out RoseASP at http://www.roseasp.com/ We offer a variety of services and multiple data centers in the southwest US. We have customers from across the US using our services for Great Plains Solutions, Business Portal, and advanced MBS Technologies. Contact me for more information -- Jake Bastien Manager of Advanced Technology Services Rose Business Solutions, Inc. www.rosebizinc.com www.roseasp.com ...

Is HQ good or bad?
I would like to hear from people who have set up and use HQ, weather it's been good and easy to use, or is it more of a hassle to use? Do you need to set up everything for all the stores through HQ, or can each individual store do it's own things, and with HQ someone can basically overlook things, make sure all stores are being operated properly? -- Thank You Vince :) I am fighting through my first HQ deployment right now. So far, here's what I think I know... HQ maintains a master list of inventory items. If the inventory at Store A is substantially different than at...

Credit Card payments and MS Money
Hi all, I have a credit card account set up in Money. Transactions are automatically downloaded into Money. I don't wait until the bill comes in for my credit card to pay the account though. Every week, I sit down and look at what I have spent on the credit card and then write a check for the amount to the credit card. Catch number 1. There might be 3 credit card transaction that have to be paid from Bank Account a, and 5 transaction that must be paid from Bank Account B. Heres what I would like to be able to do. Write a check from Account A for all the associated Credit Card charg...

Outlook 2003 migration from XP to Windows 7 custome upgrade
I have installed Outlook 2003 after upgrading Windows 7 (previously removed 2007 until I can afford to purchase it). How do I migrate my old email files back into Outlook 2003? Also where are the pst folders located in the Windows.old folder? You're saying you did not even bother to back up your data before you did an OS upgrade? You just assumed your data would remain perfectly intact? You have not asked an Outlook question. Post in an OS group. Include the details of how you "upgraded" your OS when you do. They will be able to tell you whether your old data still...

Hundreds of bad mails created in 5 mins in BAD folder
I am using exchange 2000 with sp3 with latest anitivirus patch.I suddenly faced problem of having unnumbered bad mails creating in bad mail folder .I deleted it that mails but mails are creating without stopping . Thanx in advance The contents of the badmail directory are messages that cannot be delivered. For instance, if your server is trying to issue an NDR and cannot deliver it (because the destination address is invalid), once it times out, it will be sent to the badmail directory. If you open a few of the messages in there to see what the contents are, are they NDR's? ...

Emails from publisher show window when cursor placed on text
I am using Publisher 2003 with W/XP. I type up a flyer to e-mail and use the Microsoft plug-in to send. I click on File, Send E-mail and then "Send this page as message." When it's received a window appears when the recipients cursor is placed over the text. This is distracting and sometimes the window is large. Has anyone experience this problem and resolved it? I have run a dozen tests using various options. It even occurs using a template with no other text input. Thanks...... Bill Have you sent this email to anyone but yourself? Are you trying to send it HTML? -- M...

Windows closes down Publisher 2003 installation
I cannot email Microsoft about this because the program won't instal so I cannot get a PID number. My original installation seemed to be successful until I tried to open a file in it when I got the 'Windows has had to close this program down .. tell Microsoft 'message. This failed every time, so I tried the 'repair' option from the CD, but still got the same message. I then tried to uninstal and reinstal. Same result. I tried cleaning my registry etc but same result. The fault seems to be that the installer still seems to recognise that the program has been installe...

restrict timing that clients can download updates from wsus server
Hi all, i have installed wsus with sp2 on a windows 2003 server that is part of a domain. I am using AD GPO to enable automatic updates of my clients to download from my wsus server. As there will be 2 other site office that download updates from this server located in HQ, i wonder if its possible to limit the timing schedule they can download so as not to use up the bandwidth in the lease line between HQ and the other 2 sites. Thks in advance ...

Is Visual Studio a bad validator?
Can anyone please explain why VS.NET 2003 XML IDE sometimes has problems validating documents against a schema but the same document/schema validates fine when run against system.xml.xmlvalidatingreader. Is this a documented bug? I could not find much on google. In the future I'll validate at http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdvalidator/Default.aspx Wole Ogunremi wrote: > Can anyone please explain why VS.NET 2003 XML IDE sometimes has problems > validating documents against a schema but the same document/schema validates > fine when run against system.xml.xmlvalidati...

MS Money 2004 Delux
Hi, I am planning to download trial version of the Money 2004 delux and use it for 60 days. My question is, before 60 days, If I buy Money 2004 delux from local vendor and load it, can I use the previously set up (in Trial version) data? Thanks Yes. If you do decide to buy the retail version, please buy a CD and don't download. It makes life so much easier were you to have a hard disk crash. Note also that if you decide not to buy M2004 your file cannot be read in earlier versions (assuming you are already a Money user). -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips &...

windows xp professional
After i log on, while uniblue is still running, a 'pop-up' appears next to the hidden icons arrow. It states: "your computer is at risk, no firewall. Click this balloon to protect your computer". Yet when i go into "control Panel" the settings are as they should be. This has happened 1/2 a dozen times. Is my firewall on or off? Thanks.. -- Steve, Horsecamp. Unfortunately, you posted your message in a Dynamics forum. You should post your question in a Windows XP Professional forum. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Steve" wrote: > After i log on, while...

file security in windows 7 ultimate
Hi all, wasn't sure where to post this - but I can't seem to find any way to set security permissions on files in windows 7 ultimate. I've read in some posts online that if you right click on a file/ folder there is a security tab. Unfortunately when I click on a file/ folder - there is no security tab available. The only tabs available are: General Tools Hardware Sharing ReadyBoost Previous Versions Customize Essentially I want to prevent all non administrative users from accessing my secondary drive and possibly some folders on the primary. Thanks, Novice ...

Can I put a windows folder into outlook2003 display?
I need to know how to put a windows folder on the left hand display that directs to a windows directory to keep my outlook from getting full. Create new user folders and put emails in there instead of the default = folders Right click on Personal Folders on the left side in OL and select New = Folder. Give it a name=20 --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Hanson23" <Hanson23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:8113C273-5B6A-432A-9305-D0A4672EF783@microsoft.c...

Office Service Pack 2 update error
System has tried many dozens of times to install an important Office Service Pack 2 update but installation fails every time resulting in error message 57E while I have seen dozens of similar reports, I have yet to see any suggested fix from Microsoft. Clearly this is a well known error. IF the upgrade is important, then why haven't we been provided with a solution. IF the upgrade is not important, then why do they try to keep sending it? See replies to your second post. KenR wrote: > System has tried many dozens of times to install an important Office > Servi...

MS CRM 4
Hi, We're using MS CRM 4.0. When we try to import customizations for a custom entity we keep getting the following error "Either the file could not be uploaded or import failed". It also says "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it." We have already spent many hours trying to solve this, but without any success. Please help !!! Hi, This error typically comes when format of customization file is not proper. Can you please provide me more details. Please tell the details about system from which you have exporte...

What Is Ms Excel Used For & How do I use It ?
I havent a clue about excel, I need someone to give me a crash course on this please !!! Start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excel_spreadsheet *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Liz" wrote: > I havent a clue about excel, I need someone to give me a crash course on this > please !!! Liz Some tutorial sites for basics of Excel........ http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061831141033.aspx Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:02:01 -0700, Liz <Liz@di...

Win7, IE8, CRM, Outlook, IFD, self-signed cert, certificate error
Strange problem - I've got CRM 4.0 running with IFD. IFD works fine from Internet Explorer. There is a self-signed certificate. In IE, IFD & the self-signed cert works fine, either with a warning or if the cert is installed to the local PC, with no warning. In Outlook, IFD has been working fine for many months. I've just noticed a a few Windows 7 clients that the Outlook client fails with invalid certificate errors. The client loads fine and integrates the Outlook navigation interface, but if the user tries to open any CRM item, gets a 'navigation blocked' error. ...

Exchange 5.5 backup with Windows 2000 backup
I want to use my Windows 2000 Backup to backup my exchange directories. When I try to set it up I notice the Check boxes are grey. If I dbl Click them, it comes up with a message box asking which server I want to query. I browse to my local exchange server and the message queries and goes away. Unfortunately, the check box stays grey. How can I enable this? Thanks Your picking the Exchange option. It knows what to backup for a proper restore - thus it won't list the files. You should be able to pick Directory Service and Information Store otherwise post a screenshot. -- Ho...

need help bad
hi everybody i have rms & recantly i opened another store & i been putting new items about 500 item i was able to issolate the new item in a table by linking the data to access now i need to import the new item into my old store through access or sql but i think appened query by access is easier since i have the two tables each time i try to appened the new item table to my item table i get error cuse can't update DB time stamp & i get error for the key index any help will be really appreciated thanks -- maher almasri find the QSCImp.exe util this will let you impor...

Referencing calling window for custom CRM
Hi, I remember reading in one of the many manuals/documents relating to customizing CRM, that when linking from a CRM entity window to a separate asp.net app (via the isv.config file), that the separate app can call back to the CRM window using a particular object (like window.caller or windows.opener or something). Essentially what i am wanting to do is to have a button on a CRM form that opens up a separate window with my app in it (easy). Then when the user clicks a button in the app window, or closes the app window, I want it to refresh the contents of the CRM form. Am I asking too muc...

Does anyone have step by step instructions for moving certificate and URL for RPC-HTTP and OWA
I want to move the SSL certificate and URL for RPC over HTTP and OWA connections from our current back end only server to a new front end server that will handle connections for the back end server. Does anyone have any step by step instructions or documentation for doing that? Also, the URL is the same as the fqdn of the current back end server. Will that present problems for connections from within the LAN? Thanks, Kevin From your BE server, you need to go to your Default Web Site properties, then the Directory Security Tab. Click on Server Certificate and choose to export it ...

VbScript and Windows 7 x64
We have a windows 7 x64 machine - a fresh install. We created a <script language="vbscript"> tag inside a web page, with a simple window.alert call. In the 64 bit IE, it works. In 32-bit IE, it doesnt. Tried to unregister and re-register the vbscript.dll in the syswow64 folder, but not luck. Security configuration is the same between versions. Has anyone seen anything similar? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kind Regards, Matthew Dendle Ian Dendle wrote: > We have a windows 7 x64 machine - a fresh install. > > We created a &l...