Another 645 Error Message

Hi folks

This may seem late to the game as all prior posts appear to be at least a
year ago, but I was just asked to solve this riddle. Been trying to solve it
for the past 5 days and have run out of patience.

Running XP (Home) 5.1, Service Pack 3, 32 Bit. Plenty of memory available.
Have ZoneAlarm Extreme Security running (but not getting any messages
indicating the problem lies there).

Trying to download & install .Net Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .Net
Framework 3.5 Family Update for .Net Versions 2.0 through 3.5.

Seem to be going in circles. Can't install - get a 645 error code.

Asked MS, but no response yet. 5 days??

According to Add/Remove, these versions of .Net already installed:

Version 1.1
Version 2.0 Service Pack 2
Version 3.0 Service Pack 2

AND, although I keep receiving instructions to install Version 3.5, I see
Version 3.5 on that same list!!!

I tried to follow MS Article ID 923100 on what to do when you receive an
Error 645 code - which says remove all versions and then re-install all
versions that were previously installed - but got nowhere fast.

I was able to remove Version 1.1, but could not remove any of the other
versions. Kept getting the message that "can't be uninstalled, affects other
apps installed....See Link ID 91126". No joy there either.

So, I reinstalled Version 1.1.

Still can't get MS to recognize the Version 3.5 that my Add/Remove list
shows. And, still can't get MS to stop telling me I need to download &
install 3.5 SP 1 & 3.5 Family Update. Grrr.

Still with me?

There's a security update that's critical but I can't download that until
..Net is updated.

Has anyone figured out what is going on with this program and what the
answer is?

I'd really appreciate any help. Read all the other posts but didn't see any
solution that differed from following MS advice on what to do if you get a
645 (and 643) error code.

Anything new?

Anything that works?

Thanks to all. If you got to this point, thanks for your patience too.

John

> Hi folks
>
> This may seem late to the game as all prior posts appear to be at least a
> year ago, but I was just asked to solve this riddle. Been trying to solve
> it
> for the past 5 days and have run out of patience.
>
> Running XP (Home) 5.1, Service Pack 3, 32 Bit. Plenty of memory available.
> Have ZoneAlarm Extreme Security running (but not getting any messages
> indicating the problem lies there).
>
> Trying to download & install .Net Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .Net
> Framework 3.5 Family Update for .Net Versions 2.0 through 3.5.
>
> Seem to be going in circles. Can't install - get a 645 error code.
>
> Asked MS, but no response yet. 5 days??
>
> According to Add/Remove, these versions of .Net already installed:
>
> Version 1.1
> Version 2.0 Service Pack 2
> Version 3.0 Service Pack 2
>
> AND, although I keep receiving instructions to install Version 3.5, I see
> Version 3.5 on that same list!!!
>
> I tried to follow MS Article ID 923100 on what to do when you receive an
> Error 645 code - which says remove all versions and then re-install all
> versions that were previously installed - but got nowhere fast.
>
> I was able to remove Version 1.1, but could not remove any of the other
> versions. Kept getting the message that "can't be uninstalled, affects
> other
> apps installed....See Link ID 91126". No joy there either.
>
> So, I reinstalled Version 1.1.
>
> Still can't get MS to recognize the Version 3.5 that my Add/Remove list
> shows. And, still can't get MS to stop telling me I need to download &
> install 3.5 SP 1 & 3.5 Family Update. Grrr.
>
> Still with me?
>
> There's a security update that's critical but I can't download that until
> .Net is updated.
>
> Has anyone figured out what is going on with this program and what the
> answer is?
>
> I'd really appreciate any help. Read all the other posts but didn't see
> any
> solution that differed from following MS advice on what to do if you get a
> 645 (and 643) error code.
>
> Anything new?
>

> Anything that works?

Diagnosis.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/784606d468fe25c9?hl=en

> Thanks to all. If you got to this point, thanks for your patience too.
>
> John

0
Robert

matching a column of numbers to another in another spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet of shortpayment amounts and their invoice numbers on one spreadsheet with a column of credit amounts with their invoice numbers on another spreadsheet. I need to match the credits written with the shortpayments. kinda like this spreadsheet 1 spreadsheet 2 inv # amount date Credit # Amount Date 122334 15.00 11-25-09 675555 15.00 12-10-09 223345 22.00 10-20-09 754444 22.00 111-25-09 naturally...

Finding messages from a particular domain
I'm trying to find all messages where the From address contains a particular domain (e.g., @microsoft.com). I'm on an Exchange Server. Putting a domain name in the From field on this will only work if it's from someone outside my organization. How can I search for all messages from other users of my Exchange Server? Is there no one here that can help me with this? "Gary Holeman" <garyholeman*NOSPAM*@letu.edu> wrote in message news:O4Ezdw$lDHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... I'm trying to find all messages where the From address contains a particular domain ...

C00D11B3 error message
I have been using Media player for years, now have ver. 11, in the past two day, I have had a problem if I go to player and play some music stored on the hard drive, it works. I f I attempt to play something on the internet I get the error and then it won't play anything until I reboot the system. I thought it was a firewall issue, but can't figure out what it would be. I also have checked connect to the internet override, without success. I have recently changed routers to a linksys with Network Magic set to basic. I have no idea what is causing the issue. -- J P...

error importing pst files
when trying to convert the old non-unicode PST file to a unicode PST file, I recieve a message that says "file folder pst already in use" and then it does not allow me to proceed. any ideas? -- Dono Since importing would never be the correct way to do this, one must wonder what you are doing and why. You provided no information. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dono" <Dono@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6531522B-A602-497A-86F1-8911C99DD380@microsoft.com... > when trying to convert the old non-unicode PST file to a unicode PST file, > I ...

Creating column content based on another column's keyword(s) #2
Max, That scriptlet was very useful, and easily tweakable to work in myria applications. Thx! -K -- KHashmi31 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KHashmi316's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1043 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27348 Glad to hear that ! Thanks for posting back -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "KHashmi316" <KHashmi316.1evevz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:KHashmi316.1e...

Outlook 2003 slow to open messages #2
My boss and his boss (the head of IT and the CIO, respectively) are complaining about Outlook 2003 being slow to open emails. The CIO states that it sometimes takes up to 15 seconds for an individual email to open. There *are* two Exchange 5.5 servers in the NT4 domain, but the CIO is in the same building/LAN as the server he is on, while the head of IT is on the WAN across town from his server. I am on the same server as my boss, but I have OL2K3, SP2 and I'm in cached mode. I don't know if it's because I'm in cached mode or what, however, I'm not seeing the sluggishness...

Error in exporting smartlists
We have created a set of smartlists and we are tying to export them to an XML file using smartlist builder export utility. When I try to export I get following error: Syntax error: 'SmartList_ID in ('BM_CONSOLTRANS','BM_FGPRODSUMM','BM_FMCLASS','BM_FMSTATUS','BM_FORMULA','BM_FORMULAS2','BM_GLTRX_BYBATC','BM_INPROCQCDTL','BM_INPROC'. inout anonymous table SLB_Export_Text_TEMP; inout anonymous field i_listview; local long ll_list_item; local integer i; local boolean lb_return; local string ls_column_value[100]; ...

Mail Rule
Hi, I would like to create a rule which would delete any emails which DOESN'T contain an attachment, any idea anyone? Thanks for your time, Uri. Here's one method: Rule #1 -- Condition - has an attachment. Action - stop processing more rules Rule #2 -- Condition - none (will act on all messages). Action - delete -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "msnew" <uri@manpower.co.il> wrote in message news:%235sIUzEgEHA...

Acessing function with a DLL which has be loaded from another dll
I have A.dll and B.dll. Assume that A.dll has following functions: A1() A2() Assume that B.dll has following functions: B1() B2() I am loading B.dll from function A1() in A.dll.After Loading B.dll i make a call to B1().After executing the call the function returns to beginning of A2.dll. why is this so? Define "begining". The word tends to make no sense in this context. What you seem to be saying is that you have void A1() { HANDLE h = ::LoadLibrary(_T("B.DLL")); ...test for h==NULL, deal with error typedef void (*B1)() B1Proc; B1Proc B1; ...

Grabbing a number from another cell on another worksheet
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with a number of different worksheets. All I want to do is if I enter a number into a cell on the 2nd worksheet for example, I want it to automatically show in a specific cell on the first worksheet. So a simple copy and paste but for excel to automatically do it for me! it seems like something so easy that I just cant figure out how to do. Try this... Do this once. Select the cell on the 2nd sheet Right click>Copy Navigate to the other sheet and select the cell where you want the value to appear. Right click>Paste Special>Paste Lin...

Populate data in cell by looking at another cells data
Hi Everyone, Hope I find you well. I'm not even sure how to go about this, so I hope that someone can shed some light. I have a serial number in one cell eg '80199DD270238' where 'DD' is code for another value, in this case 'DD' = 'BLUE'. How can I automatically populate a cell with the value 'BLUE' by looking at the serial number. Many thanks for any help you can provide. Best Regards Gazza Hi if the characters are alsways at the same place use =IF(MID(A1,6,2)="DD","Blue","other color") if they could be at ...

Sum dependant on '1' value in another column
Hi, Let's say I have a '1' or nothing in column 'L' and a time in seconds in column 'B'. The '1' means the time is a legitimate one. Can I do a sum of all the 'legitimate' times in column 'B' based on whether there is a corresponding '1' in column 'L'? Is there a formula that will allow me to do that? Sorry for the ignorance of the question but it is late and I am struggling to make this spreadsheet work for me. Thanks in advance, Dave Hi DL, Look at the SUMIF function in Excel help. Try: =SUMIF(L1:L10...

4 #Error Lines in a Query
I have a query that will show any HorseID that does not have a ClientName but for some reason it has 4 records showing with #Error in ClientName, any Ideas how this can happen and how do I clear them? SELECT IIf(IsNull([HorseName]) Or [HorseName]='',[FatherName] & '--' & [MotherName] & ' -- ' & funCalcAge(Format('01-Aug-' & [DateOfBirth],'dd/mmm/yyyy'),Format(Now(),'dd/mmm/yyyy'),1) & ' -- ' & [Sex],[HorseName]) AS ClientName, tblHorseInfo.FatherName, tblHorseInfo.MotherName, tblHorseInfo.Sex,...

SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread
Please help me resolve the error listed below that I received yeseterday from one of my SQL Server 2005 database servers. Error: SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread to process a new login or connection. Thanks, Joe K. (JoeK@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Please help me resolve the error listed below that I received yeseterday > from one of my SQL Server 2005 database servers. > > Error: > SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread to > process a new login or connection. That looks bad. Do you ...

routing outbound messages for exchange hosted services
We host a number of domains. One of them wants to use Exchange Hosted Services archiving. This requires us to route the outbound messages of those particular users to the frontbridge smarthost, while continuing to deliver the outbound messages of our other users in the traditional way directly to the recipients servers. Our environment is currently a mix of 2003 and 2007, but since we're migrating, we'd like to create the necessary configuration in the 2007 world. We asked this question of frontbridge (exchange hosted services) support and they were unable to answer it. They ...

is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? #2
is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? ...

Undelete Messages #2
How do I un-delete messages which I stupidly deleted with Shift-Del? (Win 98; OL 2000; Exchange 5) TIA Russel No Spam wrote: > How do I un-delete messages which I stupidly deleted with Shift-Del? > (Win 98; OL 2000; Exchange 5) > > TIA > Russel If deleted item retention was enabled on the mail store (as is recommended), and you're within the timeframe, use tools | recover deleted items. If not, you'd have to ask your Exchange admin to restore Windows & Exchange Server from backup to a spare/recovery server, export your mailbox to PST, and then copy that message t...

error code 8024402c
Good day ive got windows vista ultimate when i try to do updates the error 8024402c comes up ive tryed so many sugestence but i can't came write can some one please try and help me -- pflutske ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pflutske's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/165746.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1284427.htm http://forums.techarena.in "pflutske" <pflutske.43ic3c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:pflutske.43ic3c@DoNotSpam.com... > > Good day ive g...

Error Message in IE8 "Sysfader : iexplore.exe Application Error"
Hi, I've suddenly started getting an error in Internet Explorer 8 when I view certain web pages (including the "new tab page"!!!) I don't have to click on anything, just open up the webpage. The error is : Sysfader : iexplore.exe Application Error The instruction at "0x3dc29edc" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read" I've tried switching off all visual effects in Windows, and running Internet Explorer with no Add-ons, but still get the same error. I've scanned for viruses and malware and have fo...

US-FL-Fort Lauderdale --Opportunity For a Sr. Certified Exchange Messaging Administrator
We are in search for a Sr. Exchange Guru to provide long-term technical strategic direction for Enterprise Messaging, administration processes and solutions to a Fortune 100 Nationwide Company, Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL. This position is responsible for Exchange systems management and administration to include software installation, implementation, design, architecture, security and general administration. As part of the organization, this position must work closely with the business to provide technical direction and solutions, which can benefit the business as it applies to mess...

Automatic Link to another workbook
I have a workbook created that, every time I open it, I get the question: Do you want to update the automatic link to data in another workbook? I didn't consciously set up a link and I don't want to get this message. How do I find this link and break it so I will not continue to get this message? Any help is appreciated. Close any other Excel workbooks you have open and do a "Find" for :\ (colon backslash). If you have several worksheets in your workbook, ask Excel to search the entire workbook by selecting find within "Workbook" instead of "Sheet&quo...

Copying from one ListControl to Another...
Hello everyone, I have been studying how List Controls work, and now I have two List Controls, A and B. Both of the list controls are in Report_View and they both have the same # of columns. What I would like to do is copy each entry of A into B. I use CListCtrl::GetItem(..) to get the item, and I use CListCtrl::InsertItem(..) to insert the item into B. However, this is not working. It is only inserting the first subitem. Is it possible to copy the entire item i.e, subitems 0-2 from CListCtrl A into CListCtrl B? Thanks ...

Error 1026
Dear , We are using Window NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 ANd I find One Mail can't send into this Mail Server And Find Below Error Msg on Event Log Event ID: 1026 Source MSExchangeIS Private Type Warning Description An error occurred with the following call stack: EcDeliverMessage(): 0080040600 EcCreateMessage(): 0080040600 EcUnpackMDBEF(): 0080040600 EcMessageFromMDBEF(): 0080040600 EcAttachFromMDBEF(): 0080040600 EcMessageFromMDBEF(): 0080040600 Anyone Know Why and how to fix it Sean http://support.microsoft.com/...

Error 2237
Hi! I have a form that is having some coding issues. When I use the copy record command I get run time error 2237. I deleted the lookup box on my form and tried the copy record button and had no problems. When I reinserted the lookup box, the error resumed. Here is all of the code on the form: Option Compare Database Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.NewRecord Or IsNull(Me.prjParentProjectID) Then Me.prjParentProjectID.Visible = False Else Me.prjParentProjectID.Visible = True End If End Sub Private Sub cmdClose_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdClose_Click DoCmd.Close...

Another question about IF(COUNTIF) checks in Excel
<Tiff1618@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:219EB429-F90A-406E-A208-5C787ED70467@microsoft.com... > > Hey again, > > > > Is there a formula I can use to figure out if there is one specific phrase > > in a selection? > > > > I'm updating the attendance prgram at the school that I work at. Every > > student has their own attendance sheet in Excel, and each sheet sort of > > looks > > like this: > > > > |Monday| > > Period 1:| A | (A=Absent; S=Seat time) > > Per...