All update installs fail

On W2000 windows update was downloading and installing a long list of updates.
Had to start several times and restart new update
Everything went fine
ABout 90 updates were downloaded and install of the started
Suddenly after update 14 of 90 the process stopped
Lost the KBnr something with Media player.
Afterwards no possibility any more to install updates.
Even with detailed and only one it does not work any more
All installs happen immediately
Then I get the message all instaal failed
No error message and no possibilty to get it working again
Nor manual nor automatic works
Where can I start?

Stef

You can start by abandoning W2000 and going to another OS like XP,Vista,Win7. You
will not be able to update your W2K since most updates excluding Security Updates
has been removed by MS in accordance with the agreement between themselves and SUN
Microsystems. This has come into effect as of Oct 2009 and since then all Updates
have been removed with the exception of Security Updates.
Even though you will see the Updates including Service Packs you will not be able to
install them since they will not download. MS should remove these dead downloads so
people should not get all perplexed when trying to download them

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Stef" <Stef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On W2000 windows update was downloading and installing a long list of updates.
> Had to start several times and restart new update
> Everything went fine
> ABout 90 updates were downloaded and install of the started
> Suddenly after update 14 of 90 the process stopped
> Lost the KBnr something with Media player.
> Afterwards no possibility any more to install updates.
> Even with detailed and only one it does not work any more
> All installs happen immediately
> Then I get the message all instaal failed
> No error message and no possibilty to get it working again
> Nor manual nor automatic works
> Where can I start?

0
Peter
6/12/2010 8:38:06 PM
Stef

You can start by abandoning W2000 and going to another OS like XP,Vista,Win7. You
will not be able to update your W2K since most updates excluding Security Updates
has been removed by MS in accordance with the agreement between themselves and SUN
Microsystems. This has come into effect as of Oct 2009 and since then all Updates
have been removed with the exception of Security Updates.
Even though you will see the Updates including Service Packs you will not be able to
install them since they will not download. MS should remove these dead downloads so
people should not get all perplexed when trying to download them

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Stef" <Stef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On W2000 windows update was downloading and installing a long list of updates.
> Had to start several times and restart new update
> Everything went fine
> ABout 90 updates were downloaded and install of the started
> Suddenly after update 14 of 90 the process stopped
> Lost the KBnr something with Media player.
> Afterwards no possibility any more to install updates.
> Even with detailed and only one it does not work any more
> All installs happen immediately
> Then I get the message all instaal failed
> No error message and no possibilty to get it working again
> Nor manual nor automatic works
> Where can I start?

0
Peter
6/12/2010 8:40:03 PM
Are you running Win2K SP4?  Is IE6 installed?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Note: Extended Support for Win2K SP4 ends on 13 July 2010. After that date,
computers running Win2K SP4 "will no longer receive software updates from
Windows Update" (i.e., Automatic Updates will not work and Windows Update
website will not be accessible).

    • What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?
       http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean

Stef wrote:
> On W2000 windows update was downloading and installing a long list of
> updates. Had to start several times and restart new update
> Everything went fine
> ABout 90 updates were downloaded and install of the started
> Suddenly after update 14 of 90 the process stopped
> Lost the KBnr something with Media player.
> Afterwards no possibility any more to install updates.
> Even with detailed and only one it does not work any more
> All installs happen immediately
> Then I get the message all instaal failed
> No error message and no possibilty to get it working again
> Nor manual nor automatic works
> Where can I start?

0
PA
6/12/2010 9:36:27 PM
Robear

With 90 Updates for W2K the OP has no more than SP2. Since my W2K was always updated
there was only 103 updates including security fixes for W2K after SP2 (inclSP3 and
SP4). As of last Oct you are not able to download any of the W2K Service Packs and
install them. They still show but when you start downloading any one of them you
find out real quick that it does not work.

--

> Are you running Win2K SP4?  Is IE6 installed?

> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What
> third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the computer
>
> Note: Extended Support for Win2K SP4 ends on 13 July 2010. After that date,
> computers running Win2K SP4 "will no longer receive software updates from Windows
> Update" (i.e., Automatic Updates will not work and Windows Update website will not
> be accessible).
>
>    • What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?
>
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean
>

> Stef wrote:
>> On W2000 windows update was downloading and installing a long list of
>> updates. Had to start several times and restart new update
>> Everything went fine
>> ABout 90 updates were downloaded and install of the started
>> Suddenly after update 14 of 90 the process stopped
>> Lost the KBnr something with Media player.
>> Afterwards no possibility any more to install updates.
>> Even with detailed and only one it does not work any more
>> All installs happen immediately
>> Then I get the message all instaal failed
>> No error message and no possibilty to get it working again
>> Nor manual nor automatic works
>> Where can I start?

0
Peter
6/12/2010 11:30:11 PM
On 2010-06-13 8:40 a.m., Peter Foldes wrote:

> You can start by abandoning W2000 and going to another OS like
> XP,Vista,Win7. You
> will not be able to update your W2K since most updates excluding
> Security Updates
> has been removed by MS in accordance with the agreement between
> themselves and SUN
> Microsystems.

This agreement only ever affected updates to Microsoft Java.

Windows 2000 is very close to end of extended support, so it should be upgraded,
but any problems with installing updates (other than MS Java updates) are
certainly not related to Sun.

It should still be possible, at the very least, to download and install updates
for Windows 2000 from the Microsoft Download Center.

   Harry.

This has come into effect as of Oct 2009 and since then
> all Updates
> have been removed with the exception of Security Updates.
> Even though you will see the Updates including Service Packs you will
> not be able to
> install them since they will not download. MS should remove these dead
> downloads so
> people should not get all perplexed when trying to download them

--
Harry Johnston
http://harryjohnston.wordpress.com
On 2010-06-13 11:30 a.m., Peter Foldes wrote:

> With 90 Updates for W2K the OP has no more than SP2. Since my W2K was
> always updated there was only 103 updates including security fixes for
> W2K after SP2 (inclSP3 and SP4). As of last Oct you are not able to
> download any of the W2K Service Packs and install them. They still show
> but when you start downloading any one of them you find out real quick
> that it does not work.

I've just downloaded the Windows 2000 SP4 network installer (from the download
center) without any difficulty.  Are you talking about the Windows Update web
site in particular?

   Harry.

--
Harry Johnston
http://harryjohnston.wordpress.com
0
Harry

Update for MS Money 2005?

Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed
Hi I had activate de Routing restrictions on my Exchange 5.5 and I put the ip address of the hosts that can relay, but some times I recive an email with this message: Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed on the admin mail accaunt AnyBody, have an idea?? Thanks for all ...

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

active sync says there is no microsoft outlook installed
When I tried to synchronize my pocket pc, active sync says there is no Microsoft Outlook installed and i need to reinstall it. It is there with my other Office product and I can add contacts and appointments. I don't understand. Help me, please. rdeb "rdeb" <rdeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58A7A787-290E-4D27-B7F0-42A6894DE70C@microsoft.com... > When I tried to synchronize my pocket pc, active sync says there is no > Microsoft Outlook installed and i need to reinstall it. It is there with > my > other Office product and I can add cont...

Update question

How update entity in post update?

Exhcnage Server 2007 Won't Install
Exchange Server 2007 Install Problem I've setup a new Windows 2003 64 Bit Server for running Exchange 2007. I've installed everything (twice now on separate drives) and Exchange Server is giving me the same error: D:\>setup /preparead Welcome to Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Unattended Setup Preparing Exchange Setup Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Ex change.Setup.ExSetup.ExSetup' from assembly 'ExSetup, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=n eutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. Exchange Server setup encountered an error. ...

latest update too MSCFV2

AutoConfig API fail because of Domain Policy
Hi, The call to WlanSetInterface with op-code to disable AutoConfig is failing with error code ACCESS DENIED. Is this because of some kind of Domain Policy enforced by the Win7 server? I would appreciate any input on this. Thanks, Vani -- vani Posted via http://www.win7heads.com ...

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...

automatically update field
Hi I have a combo box with two columns - product & stock code. When I select a product I want the the stock code column which I have in my table to automatically populate. Is this possible to have on the actual main table? -- Thank you for your help Yes - you could use the AfterUpdate event of the combo to set the value of the control bound to the field holding the stock code. But - why ? You already have the stock code so it seems you want to store it again (twice in the same table or - even worse - in another table). Both of these are very bad ideas. You should use the rel...

Recorset not updateable in a crosstab query
I have created a crosstab query based on just one linked table using the Access wizard and when I finished I get the erro "The recorset is not updateable", clicking on OK it shows me the tahe results in the corresponding table, but if I try to see the structure of the query it shows me the structure mask but saying that in the expression "Format([DPC]:"aaaa")" there to many closing brackets. I copied the table to the current DB to avoid any links problems but the result is the same. Can anybody tell me how to solve the problem? Thanks very muc...