Agent Failed to evaluate Installed Rule

I examined the WindowsUpdate.log for the WUAU update process;

1768    b84     Agent   *************
1768    b84     Agent   ** START **  Agent: Finding updates [CallerId =
AutomaticUpdates]
1768    b84     Agent   *********

In examining WindowsUpdate.log I noticed the following WARNING.

1768    b84     Agent   WARNING: Failed to evaluate Installed rule, updateId
= {F4B9C883-F4DB-4FB5-B204-3343C11FA021}.100, hr = 8024E001
1768    b84     Agent   WARNING: Failed to evaluate Installed rule, updateId
= {BFE5B177-A086-47A0-B102-097E4FA1F807}.102, hr = 8024E001

Near as I can figure;

WU called the Agent to find updates.
Agent fails to evaluate rule.
Agent fails to find any AU updates (CallerId = AutomaticUpdates)
AU search turns up : 0 updates detected

So I was wondering;

[1] Can I use the updateID to manually find the update (on an MS website)
and install the update manually?

[2] Why is the Agent having trouble with evaluating the Installed rule

[3] Is this something I should be concerned about.

cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/e90a0e97ff321aff

Have you formatted the HDD & done a clean install of WinXP yet?
--
~PA Bear

MrSoftware wrote:
> I examined the WindowsUpdate.log for the WUAU update process;
>
> 1768    b84     Agent   *************
> 1768    b84     Agent   ** START **  Agent: Finding updates [CallerId =
> AutomaticUpdates]
> 1768    b84     Agent   *********
>
> In examining WindowsUpdate.log I noticed the following WARNING.
>
> 1768    b84     Agent   WARNING: Failed to evaluate Installed rule,
> updateId
> = {F4B9C883-F4DB-4FB5-B204-3343C11FA021}.100, hr = 8024E001
> 1768    b84     Agent   WARNING: Failed to evaluate Installed rule,
> updateId
> = {BFE5B177-A086-47A0-B102-097E4FA1F807}.102, hr = 8024E001
>
> Near as I can figure;
>
> WU called the Agent to find updates.
> Agent fails to evaluate rule.
> Agent fails to find any AU updates (CallerId = AutomaticUpdates)
> AU search turns up : 0 updates detected
>
> So I was wondering;
>
> [1] Can I use the updateID to manually find the update (on an MS website)
> and install the update manually?
>
> [2] Why is the Agent having trouble with evaluating the Installed rule
>
> [3] Is this something I should be concerned about.

0
PA

Reply emails fail with multiple accounts
I am using Outlook 2003 with several different email accounts (work, everyday personal, protected personal, and another being phased out). My primary account seems to work fine. Whenever I try to reply to an email that is not my default primary account the outbound email just sits in the outbox. I don't get any error messages so I'm not sure if the problem is Outlook or the email service. Any ideas how to fix this so I can use multiple email accounts from Outlook? Even if they knew, they shouldn't be telling you...the beta is not public yet. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP ...

Debug assertion Failed! #4
Hi all! I have created an mfc application that would create a text file containing a comma-separated data. These data from the text file can be imported to Excel. Here's the scenario: I have generated/created a .txt file using the MFC application (ex. MyData.txt). After that, i opened the "MyData.txt" file in the Excel application: File-> Open-> MyData.txt-> Select 'Delimited' & Next-> Select 'Comma' & Finish The data was then imported by the Excel application. Afterwards, i run the MFC application again and created a .txt file with ...

I am trying to install SP3 and I keep getting the same error messa
I am trying to install SP3 and I keep getting this same error message. It says it cannot find a file called a9usbikf.sys and I cannot find anything online or anything about it ANYWHERE. Help please? Your computer is infested with hijackware! NB: If you had no anti-virus application installed or the subscription had expired *when the machine first got infected* and/or your subscription has since expired and/or the machine's not been kept fully-patched at Windows Update, don't waste your time with any of the below: Format & reinstall Windows. A Repair Install will...

Autobalance fails
The autobalance feature fails to autobalance an online account automatically eventhough the bank balance and downloaded transactions match. I can manually balance the account right after the autobalance failure message without selecting or deselecting individual transactions. The balance difference shows as 0.00. I have even tried to auto adjust account balance and Money tells me my register already matches the bank balance. This has occured repeatedly and is not an isolated incident. At some point in the past it has autobalanced without problems. Has anyone else experienced this ...

Dexerity Shared Components 10 install fail with GP 10.0
The Dexterity® Shared Components 10.0 fails to install if Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 is installed on the computer. Fix - Unistall Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 and run disc again ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

Installing Exchange
Test envoirenment. One forest 2 domains. Local.com and Comp.com local.com -> All five roles holder. (Win2000 DC) comp.com->holds 2 roles. (Win2003 DC) Admin can create/manage users on either domains from both sides. Ran ADPREP and Forestprep etc Trying to install Ex2003Enterprise Version on a member server in comp.com domain. And end up with this error message ..... COMPONENT"MICROSOFT EXCHANGE MESSAGING AND COLLABORATION SERVICES"CANNOT NE ASSIGNED THE ACTION ISNTALL .....You either do not have permissions t complete the operation or AD has not replicated all the nec...

auto accept agent issues
We're running a mixed 5.5/2k3 Exhcange environment. I've run the registration script on the the resource boxes, but when I run the mailboxstatus.vbs, it gives me a status of 2, which indicates that it can not determine the registration status. I have followed the steps in the deployment and admin guide regarding adding the server to the IE trusted list. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you, Todd ...

Snap-in Failed to load
New install of CRM 1.2 on a 2003 server, everything wored great then all of a sudden i could not open the deployment manager, CRM security is running i have restarted the service i have even rebooted the server. But i still keep getting the snap-in error now. All of the services are running that should be.... any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! I figured it out, I stupidly disabled the admin acct. within the CRM >-----Original Message----- >New install of CRM 1.2 on a 2003 server, everything wored >great then all of a sudden i could not open the deployment >mana...

outlook 2003 fails to close
I have WIN XP system and running Outlook 2003. . I have the following problem: Open Outlook 2003 - no problem (cached mode is on, new mail is displayed, all is well.) Outlook continues to operate flawlessly while open When a have connection withe Exchange server.... Close outlook via X in upper-right hand corner. Outlook appears to close, but icon is left behind by the clock (and Outlook.exe continues to reside in memory). Clicking on the icon displays "...Exchange server is not responding..." When i have NO connection with the exchange server (offline)...outlook is clos...

Safe Pay Install and Configure Manual
Can someone point me into the direction of Safe Pay manuals and instructions? I'm running GP 10 SP4. Are there any video references in any of the elearning modules perhaps? Any assistance is appreciated. I posted something like 3 hours ago but it didn't show up. anyway, there's a documentation folder located in the GP install folder. By default it's at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Documentation. look for ElectronicBanking.pdf. I don't know about the e-learning though. let's wait for someone who has gone through the online training and mayb...

BP 4.0 Install
Hi, I am getting the following error when installing BP 4.0. Service 'Microsoft Business Framework queued work item service' (MBFWorkflowService) could not be installed. Verify you have sufficient privileges to install system services. I am the system administrator and have the correct privileges. Any thoughts?? ...

My driver will not install on windows 7 64-bit
My driver (WDM) will install on Vista 32-bit. When I tried to install it on windows 7 64-bit, I get the error message, "Device driver software was not successfully isntalled - No Driver found. I assumed it was a inf problem. I added the .ntamd64 but still got the same error message. I have not tried it on Vista 64 or Windows 7 32 Here is a copy of my inf file. I have removed the .nt extension that was used to install the driver on XP and Vista 32. What am I doing wrong? [Version] Signature="$Windows NT$" Class=GETNTDS ClassGUID={B8437626-328C-4df4-BC33-35D71C7...

AutoAccept agent and CustomResponseText
Hello, I have the AutoAccept agent running fine in my Exch 2003 environment. I was asked to add a custom response to a few of the resource mailboxes. I went into the AutoAccept.config.xml file and configured everything per the MS docs. I added the text I wanted to the CustomeReponseText parameter. Still, the mailboxes are returning the standard message. Any help would be appreciated. I have spent quite a bit of time researching this on the internet with no luck. =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBI?= <Mike H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:14083484-40AD-4998-B909-93BB70F2B06E@microsoft.com...

Unable to install KB943290 patch to upgrade Works 9 to Office 2007
When I try to install this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=04446BAB-F439-4DB8-856B-2DE7234F22A0&displaylang=en I get a message that reads: The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'Microsoft Works' disc and click OK. However, Works 9 came preinstalled on my HP TouchSmart 600. Can anyone provide a solution? "Ira" <Ira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C8BACA1-3395-4A4C-A2E1-20FB81D0BE9A@microsoft.com... > When I try to install this: ...

Windows Installer Error 1635
I am getting the following error message when I try to import a CSV file to the calander. Starts off by saying can not start the required translator, tries to install then I get the error message. ...

Install CRM 1.2
I am carrying out a training course in a data-processing service company. In this company, I carry out the establishment and the use of program CRM 1.2. I will kindly request you to help me to find some information about this product. moreover, I already started with installed the product, but I would like to know how to make to have the French interface? also, at the time of the installation of the users, I do an error, which I put 2 times the same user with different functions, but now I want to delete one of them, is this will wish to erase made possible? thank you Hi, I will giv...

Dialogs fail in debug mode
Hi! This is my first post here, so please excuse me for any mistakes I make. --------------------- I'm having a hard time displaying modal/non-modal dialog boxes in a Windows Forms Application project, because of the following problem: If building a project in debug mode, I get a Debug Assertion when doing a myDialog.DoModal() call, seemingly because a valid parent window handle for the dialog cannot be found. I've debugged the application, and found that a call to AfxGetResourceHandle() triggers the assertion. When building the same project with debugging disabled (in Release mod...

Windows Live Messenger Failed because the service is temporarily u
I am getting an error code as well while trying to login. I have not found any reference to this error code on the web or in the microsoft database. Error code is 8e5e044d. ...

OL2002 Failing to Send
Hi, I'm having a rather strange problem with Outlook. The first email that I attempt to send after opening outlook will succeed, but all subsequent ones will just sit in the outbox, and Outlook with report timeout errors on them. Closing and reopening Outlook will typically allow the first email in the outbox to be sent, but occasionally the email has to be opened, and the send button clicked again. I have enabled logging, and it's failing at the same point each time. Outlook will send "MAIL FROM: ..." and the server will reply "250 Sender ok". Outlook h...

Rules Wizard?
Hello We are going to migrate from 5.5 to 2k3, and in our 5.5 enviroment we have a rules wizard that we run on our server that allows us to put a rule on every mailbox in one sweep. the practical app for this is I can tell every mailbox to send any email that has [SPAM] in the subject to go to a junk mail folder in each users mailbox. I can not find this functionality in Exchange 2003. Does anyone know how this can be done. Thank you Eric ...

Error 1913 for win.ini when installing Outlook 2007 on Vista computer
Hi, I wanted to install a new clean copy of both Office 2007 Home & Student edition + Outlook 2007 on a Vista machine. Bought new full CDs for both. I previously had trial copy of Office 2007 which expired and I uninstalled it as the first step. I have managed to get a clean installation of Office 2007 but have been struggling for the last few days with the Outlook 2007 install. I get the "Error 1913 - set up cannot update file C:\Windows\Win.ini. Verify that the file exists and you have sufficient permissions to update the file". My pc is running Vista and I a...

Unable to install Analytics accelerator cube
I'm encountering trouble trying to install the SQL Analysis cube for the Analytics accelerator. I'm following the steps in the "SSAS2005SimpleCubeDeploymentGuide.doc" document. On step #3 the guide says to right-click on the CRM AF Base project and click "Deploy". Each time I do that, my result is a series of errors displayed in Visual Studio. The first error (that I'm guessing leads into the following errors) states: "Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The attribute key cannot be found: Table: dbo_FilteredOpportunityCompetitors, Column: competitori...

Where are mail installed
Dear All, Can anybody orient me with this one. I have exchange 2003 on Win 2003 clients are XP Pro using Outlook Xpress 6.0 to access mail. Can I configure to let the OE not to download the mail so that it resides on the server so that when the users use OWA all their mail are still visible. (Am right that when the user access mail via OWA they actually accessing new Mails only? And when they use OE and check for mail the mail will not be availble on OWA?) Thank! "Baby" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear All, > >Can anybody orient me with t...

XMLHttpRequest POST sometimes fails when server is using keep-aliv
Back in 2004 there was a bug in Internet Explorer 6 which caused the body from POST requests to go missing if the server reset the connection (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831167/en-us). The same bug is apparently present in XMLHttpRequest in (at least) Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8. The problem can be simply reproduced by doing a POST with an XMLHttpRequest to a server which is using a small keep-alive timeout, say 10s. If the POST request is made right before the keep-alive timeout expires and there is a slight network latency the web server will reset the connection and fo...

HELP! POS with XPe on Failed Hard Drive
We suffered a hard drive failure over the weekend with our Casio QT8000 POS system. The Toshiba hard drive suddenly lost database connectivity and then failed to boot, and the system threw an UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME error with each boot attempt. The system would not boot in Safe Mode, nor were we able to get it to boot to a CD drive running an XP Pro installation CD. Pulling the drive and testing it on diagnostic equipment seems to indicate arm failure (clicking, no spinning). The drive did not have any applications installed other than Microsoft Point of Sale v.2.0. The system was...