.NET Framework 3.0 - KB982524 FAILS

OS: WinXP SP3

Every time I try to install .NET Framework 3.0 - KB982524 it fails, the
little yellow shield goes away.... but always comes back. I try again....
same thing it fails to install.  Ideas???

Thanks for your time.
--
JamesKB

0
JamesKB

"JamesKB" <jameskb@jkbsystems.com> wrote in message
> OS: WinXP SP3
>
> Every time I try to install .NET Framework 3.0 - KB982524 it fails, the
> little yellow shield goes away.... but always comes back. I try again....
> same thing it fails to install.  Ideas???
>
> Thanks for your time.
> --
> JamesKB

James - if you look at my post KB982524.Net update on 24 June - see if
either/both 976576 and 977354 are in Add/Remove - it appears that one gets
two for the price of one dll/install.
Have you tried installing with the 'long way round'?

Antioch

0
antioch
6/25/2010 12:50:30 AM
I have the same problem.  I could install KB977354 manually but KB976576 is
not available in standalone.  KB982524 fails with error 0x643 with Microsoft
Update and when I attempt a manual install.  I have cleared the update cache
and run Microsoft Update again with the update still failing.  Does anyone
have a solution yet?

TIA,
Rob

"antioch" <antioch@home.com> wrote in message
> "JamesKB" <jameskb@jkbsystems.com> wrote in message
>> OS: WinXP SP3
>>
>> Every time I try to install .NET Framework 3.0 - KB982524 it fails, the
>> little yellow shield goes away.... but always comes back. I try again....
>> same thing it fails to install.  Ideas???
>>
>> Thanks for your time.
>> --
>> JamesKB
>
> James - if you look at my post KB982524.Net update on 24 June - see if
> either/both 976576 and 977354 are in Add/Remove - it appears that one gets
> two for the price of one dll/install.
> Have you tried installing with the 'long way round'?
>
> Antioch

0
Rob
6/25/2010 7:11:30 PM
Not sure how useful this will be, but today KB982524 repeatedly failed to
install on my machine. It's been said there is no standalone for this update,
but there is. I got the XP 32-bit standalone .exe for it from here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/2/6/426111FA-E964-44A1-B84E-90EAB1DE3EC8/NDP30SP2-KB982524-x86.exe

When first trying to run this, I got a "File is corrupt" message. Downloaded
it again & it installed OK. Went back to Microsoft Update & thankfully it
says I'm up to date.

I've seen very elaborate instructions suggesting a complete uninstall of
..NET Framework, with incremental reinstallations of each update is the only
solution. Fortunately, that seems unnecessary.

"Rob" wrote:

> I have the same problem.  I could install KB977354 manually but KB976576 is
> not available in standalone.  KB982524 fails with error 0x643 with Microsoft
> Update and when I attempt a manual install.  I have cleared the update cache
> and run Microsoft Update again with the update still failing.  Does anyone
> have a solution yet?
>
> TIA,
> Rob
>
> "antioch" <antioch@home.com> wrote in message
> > "JamesKB" <jameskb@jkbsystems.com> wrote in message
> >> OS: WinXP SP3
> >>
> >> Every time I try to install .NET Framework 3.0 - KB982524 it fails, the
> >> little yellow shield goes away.... but always comes back. I try again....
> >> same thing it fails to install.  Ideas???
> >>
> >> Thanks for your time.
> >> --
> >> JamesKB
> >
> > James - if you look at my post KB982524.Net update on 24 June - see if
> > either/both 976576 and 977354 are in Add/Remove - it appears that one gets
> > two for the price of one dll/install.
> > Have you tried installing with the 'long way round'?
> >
> > Antioch

Thanks Jonno, your solution worked for me.   :)

Have a good day.
--
JamesKB

"Jonno" <Jonno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not sure how useful this will be, but today KB982524 repeatedly failed to
> install on my machine. It's been said there is no standalone for this
> update,
> but there is. I got the XP 32-bit standalone .exe for it from here:
>
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/2/6/426111FA-E964-44A1-B84E-90EAB1DE3EC8/NDP30SP2-KB982524-x86.exe
>
> When first trying to run this, I got a "File is corrupt" message.
> Downloaded
> it again & it installed OK. Went back to Microsoft Update & thankfully it
> says I'm up to date.
>
> I've seen very elaborate instructions suggesting a complete uninstall of
> .NET Framework, with incremental reinstallations of each update is the
> only
> solution. Fortunately, that seems unnecessary.
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
>> I have the same problem.  I could install KB977354 manually but KB976576
>> is
>> not available in standalone.  KB982524 fails with error 0x643 with
>> Microsoft
>> Update and when I attempt a manual install.  I have cleared the update
>> cache
>> and run Microsoft Update again with the update still failing.  Does
>> anyone
>> have a solution yet?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Rob
>>
>> "antioch" <antioch@home.com> wrote in message
>> > "JamesKB" <jameskb@jkbsystems.com> wrote in message

>> > James - if you look at my post KB982524.Net update on 24 June - see if
>> > either/both 976576 and 977354 are in Add/Remove - it appears that one
>> > gets
>> > two for the price of one dll/install.
>> > Have you tried installing with the 'long way round'?
>> >
>> > Antioch

0
JamesKB
6/27/2010 7:24:02 PM
I have the same problem.  Every time I try to install .NET Framework 3.0 -
KB982524 it fails, the little yellow shield goes away.... but it keeps coming
back daily.  I try again, and again it fails to install.  I tried going to
the Microsoft web site, finding KB982524 and manually downloading and
installing.  That didn't work either.  It would download, but the install
would fail.

"rainsrg" <rainsrg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the same problem.  Every time I try to install .NET Framework 3.0 -
> KB982524 it fails, the little yellow shield goes away.... but it keeps
> coming
> back daily.  I try again, and again it fails to install.  I tried going to
> the Microsoft web site, finding KB982524 and manually downloading and
> installing.  That didn't work either.

> It would download, but the install would fail.

That's the second reason that you're doing a manual install.   If it fails,
you can now have much better diagnostics about the failure.   Hint:  among
all the files that the update creates or adds to look for an  msi log  or
maximize it by rerunning the install with a verbose switch on your command
line.    Etc.   BTW if you're not sure about how to find all of the changed
files (e.g., I don't think you can use Windows Search any more for this) you
can use  ProcMon  to capture any Operation Contains WRITE made by the
update's process name.   FWIW  I usually find   dir/a/s/ta  |  sort
sufficient (e.g. in a cmd window) but I have my time and date set up to
enable that sort  (e.g. Date  YYYY-MM-DD and time HH:MM:SS -- ISO date and
24 hour with zero filled values. )

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> "JamesKB" wrote:
>
>> OS: WinXP SP3
>>
>> Every time I try to install .NET Framework 3.0 - KB982524 it fails, the
>> little yellow shield goes away.... but always comes back. I try again....
>> same thing it fails to install.  Ideas???
>>
>> Thanks for your time.
>> --
>> JamesKB
>>
>> .

0
Robert
6/30/2010 12:50:46 PM
Let us know when you figure out what clicking that little + sign does.  But
you better do it before Thursday when MS is 86'ing this and many other
newsgroups.

rainsrg wrote:
> I have the same problem.  Every time I try to install .NET Framework 3.0 -
> KB982524 it fails, the little yellow shield goes away.... but it keeps
> coming back daily.  I try again, and again it fails to install.  I tried
> going to the Microsoft web site, finding KB982524 and manually downloading
> and installing.  That didn't work either.  It would download, but the
> install would fail.
>
> "JamesKB" wrote:
>
>> OS: WinXP SP3
>>
>> Every time I try to install .NET Framework 3.0 - KB982524 it fails, the
>> little yellow shield goes away.... but always comes back. I try again....
>> same thing it fails to install.  Ideas???
>>
>> Thanks for your time.
>> --
>> JamesKB
>>
>> .

0
PA
6/30/2010 3:48:13 PM
I'm having the same problem.  It fails everytime I have tried to install the update.

What's the problem and who can help me fix it?

I'm not a computer professional, but I am very computer literate.

Hoyt Andres

JamesKB wrote:

..NET Framework 3.0 - KB982524 FAILS
24-Jun-10

OS: WinXP SP3

Every time I try to install .NET Framework 3.0 - KB982524 it fails, the
little yellow shield goes away.... but always comes back. I try again....
same thing it fails to install.  Ideas???

Thanks for your time.
--
JamesKB

Composite UI Pattern And Enterprise Settings
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/14dd2b7f-9da4-4a45-bc93-ce5fdba5c5ee/composite-ui-pattern-and-enterprise-settings.aspx
0
Hoyt

C#.net click event associated with database error
I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below: When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the 'next' button, I am getting the following error: 'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider is not registered on the local machine'. I think that I may need to change some setting I have in the visual studio.net 2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to clicking on the 'next' button. I am working on an workstation that is 64 bits, XP operating syste...

net passport
I changd my net passport and now when I enter it in money it tells me it is incorrect. ...

CRM 3.0 Integration with multiple Dynamics GP 9.0 Databases
Hi all Is it possible to integrate 1 CRM database with multiple GP databases? Kindly advise me is such an integrating solution is available. Expecting speedy responses. Regard Sivakumar V I do not beleive that the MSFT supplied connector does this. However, I know Scribe's (www.scribesoft.com) has a product that can. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Kumar" <veeyeskay@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150790637.787767.78230@h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... Hi all Is it possible to integrate 1 CRM database with multiple GP databases? Kindly advise me is such an...

database integrity checks failing
Hello: We have two database integrity checks jobs in SQL 2005 that are failing. One job is for our financial app databases, while the other is for the SQL system databases. I know how to conduct the typical fix for the financial app databases--run DBCC CHECKDB to find the questionable tables that require the DBCC UPDATEUSAGE script run against those tables. But, it concerns me that the database integrity job against the system databases is failing. Regardless, can I safely run the same DBCC CHECKDB and DBCC UPDATEUSAGE scripts to eliminate the issues causing the system d...

import data from works 3.0 on windows 3.1
I am trying to save some files for a woman who's husband just died and left all his business inventory in an old format. The files where created in an old DOS database program called PowerBase. I can export the files as several different formats and open them in Windows 3.1 (on the same machine). I then export them to TAB delimited txt files. The problem is when I transfer them to a "new" machine (windows XPPro) I can't open them in excel. I believe the problem is with the txt encoding type used by Works 3.0 in windows 3.1. If I open them in notepad on the XPPro machi...

Superoffice to MS CRM 3.0
Hello, I am getting to close to get one project and customer is using now superoffice and he wants to shift and use MS CRM. I need any tips for helping us to transfer data from Superoffice to CRM? and what kind of information, changes we need to consider during converting data? Is there any documents or helpful article? Regards, -- Maikal Hello Maikal, You can use Scribe for this kind of migrations... Jeroen ...

0 Quantity in POS
Is there anyway to block user to enter 0 quantity of item in POS? Our Misc Utility includes an add-on that handles this and more Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail Realm -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "MJay" wrote: > Is there anyway to block user to enter 0 quantity of item in POS? If you are talking about RMS, this can be done through the manager with security options. Best of luck. -- Thank You Vince :) "MJay" wrote: > Is there anyway to block user to enter 0 quantity of item in POS? hi there, yes i am talking about RMS, ...

net
Dear All , Can you please help in this i'm creating excel sheet for finance purpose and i need the number appear with color for example if the net = +ve (i need it to appear with green color ) and if it is = - neg (i need to appear with red color ) any one can help me with the color thansk for your cooperations -- bn_dubai ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bn_dubai's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492656 You can use Con...

Outlook Toolbars #3
I have Outlook 2003 with XP Pro and SP2. In Outlook whenever I re-arrange the 4 toolbars I have to be on 2 rows, then close down later and re-open, Outlook keeps auto configuring the 4 toolbars to be on 4 rows. I cannot find and option to control this? Any clues? Thanks, Symon Are they Outlook toolbars or are some of them toolbars installed by 3rd party programs? 3rd party toolbars often are programmed to be placed in a certain spot and if you change the location, they go back where they were before. If they're all Outlook toolbars, you may have a corrupt outcmd.dat file -- y...

MFC and .NET
We have a MFC application we are moving to VC 7.0 because we want to use the latest C++ compiler that comes with it. For moving to VC 7.0 we need to install the .NET framework though. My questions are, 1. Has anybody moved thier MFC application to .NET framework? Did you run into any issues? 2. What is the plan for MFC? Is there any end of life for this from Microsoft? Thanks, David I use all of my VC6 MFC apps and DLLs just fine with XP and VS.Net 2003. No need to port your code to .Net at all. WTH "David Mohandas" <david_mohandas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ac...

addition with a maximum value #3
djarcadian Wrote: > I have the following code > > =SUM(D10+E10) > > but I don't want the results to display anything over 20. > > How do I accomplish this? Okay, sorry but something else needs to be thrown into the loop. If A+B equal more than 20 then only display 20 unless C has a value i which case the sum can equal more than 20. For example. Code ------------------- A B C 13 22 0 = 20 13 22 5 = 25 ------------------- -- djarcadia ----------------------------------------------------------------------- djarcadian's Profile: ht...

VB.net
Hi, I am trying to update a field in a record of a Access Database (whose structure I can not modify). I got this error (translated from italian): "Data types do not match in the expression" = "Tipi di dati non corrispondenti nell'espressione criterio." The code is the following: (myField is a binary field as on Access 2007) 'determine new value Dim newValue() As Byte = ... (valid data) 'write new attributes Dim conn As OleDbConnection = myObj.getConnection Dim cmd As OleDbComman...

Authentication between asp.net 2.0 and asp.net 1.1
I am running CRM 3.0 which is running in its own app pool for asp.net 1.1. I've added a virtual directory under the CRM website which runs under a different app pool for asp.net 2.0. This is where I put my custom web pages. Both app pools are running under the NETWORK SERVICE account. Both the CRM website and the virtual directory has windows authentication. My question is why I am prompted to enter my credential when I access the custom page through CRM the first time I access the page? Have I not already been authenticated? Hmm not sure whether this can help. Are you sure you put...

ADO #3
hi can any one gimme a simple exaple of connecting to a Access DB using MFC and doing record manipulation??? tks a lot God Bless http://www.codeguru.com ...

Importing CSV files #3
Normally when you click on a csv file excel opens it witout problem. However I have one user who when they click on the csv file finds that it open in an unformatted state. In order to open the file properly she has to go through the import process and place a tick in the comma section. When this is done all the data is formatted correctly. I am able to open this file without problem on my machine. In order to try and fix this I uninstalled and reinstalled office. I also tried doing it under another profile on the same machine to see if it was a profile problem. It also failed. ...

Help me please! #3
I use the function named EndDialog(IDABORT) to close the dialog on Windows2000(Server+sp3). It is successful. But, it occurs exception on Windows2003(Clean). I don't know why occurs exception and how to resolve the question. Help me please! Give me more help please! Thanks! ...

SQL connection management in ASP.Net
hi, I have to create a small website in ASP.Net 2.0. I have question about working with SQL connections. What are the best practises? How and where to create and store a connection? I see a few possibilities: - create, open/close a connection on each web page - create a connection on login page and store it on Session - how to create a connection? ie. SqlConnection = new SqlConnection or System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactory factory = System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory("System.Data.SqlClient"); System.Data.Common.DbConnection conn = factory.Crea...

ecm2001 v5.3 winols shoemaster wilcom bentley amiable xshowsoft 358456002280546
We can crack or emulate any protection type: Dongle, Hardlock, Hasp, Serial, Password, Hasp4, Flexlm, Sentinel, Wibu, Eutron Smartkey, Hasphl, Proteq, All the Protections!! email = xshowsoft@gmail.com email = xshowsoft at gmail.com If you have some protected program, and want to crack it, we can help you! Ecm2001 v5.3 professional, all checksums enabled download Kess v4 all family enabled download WinOls 1.38 download crack wilcom 2006 full HMI/SCADA System Zenon Software for Industrial Automation emulator SHOEMASTER v3.04 all modules download Victor EAT Designscope 2.05 all modules...

FREE .NET EBOOKS , DOTNET TUTORIALS, CODE SNIPPETS
Visit this site u will find good .Net ebooks, .Net source code, .net tutorials and lots more for vb.net, c#.net, asp.net and other dotnet stuff. URL: www.DotNetGuide.net I don't like the site because 1) There are 3 sets of adverts on each page 2) The page is fixed with, which is very annoying. I am reading on a wide-screen laptop but find I am limited to approximately 60 characters per line, I can't read articles like that! Pete ...

xml DTD visual stdio .net 2k3 autocomplete
Hello, I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around Thansk Alejandro P. ? <alejandropacheco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esj0OEWYEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration > App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but > not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around > >...

Trendlines #3
I am using Access-to-Excel automation to bring in 2 Columns of data...Week Ending Dates, & a Value. These are the Source Data for a Vertical-Bar Chart. I have a 3rd column that uses this formula... =IF(LEN(A8)=0,"",VLOOKUP(A8,TheLook,2)) to get Values for a Trendline...in "Column C". I am NOT strong in Excel Charts at all, as I do mostly Access Programming. How can I take this "3rd-column" and assign that to a Trendline? TIA - Bob Bob - Excel can calculate a trendline from a charted series, but I sense this isn't the trendline you mean. To add t...

security for printing GP 9.0 SOP Invoices
Hello: Aside from Reports, Modified Reports, the System Progress window, etc. what other user class security restrictions needs to be granted to allow the printing of a SOP invoice? Evidently, it is a system window. Previously, such access had been taken away. Once access was granted to all security windows, the users in the class could print. What's funny, though, is that we afterward took away access to the System Progress window and the users could in fact print. So, I'm not 100% convinced that access to the Progress window is needed just to print, though access to that...

combine cells #3
Hello, say you have Mindy in A1, Thomas in B1, how can you combine those in C1 with a space between the names? Mindy, here is one way, =A1& " " & B1 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Mindy" <Mindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:366327F8-7573-42A3-BF1A-9AEBE0275839@microsoft.com... > Hello, say you have Mindy in A1, Thomas in B1, how can you combine those > i...

Access #3
Does anyone know if Microsoft Access is Mac compatible? I have an old version of Office and assumed it was included, but checked tonight and found out it is not. Where can I get a Mac version? Thanks <mmbellitto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1142889789.719435.129780@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know if Microsoft Access is Mac compatible? I have an old > version of Office and assumed it was included, but checked tonight and > found out it is not. Where can I get a Mac version? Thanks > There isn't a Mac version and never has been one. Sorr...

Outlook 2000 SR-3 E-Mail Attachement Security
How can I shut off the "protection" of unsafe attachemnts. I am receiving drivers and other patches for a recent upgrade to XP and can't open them. There must be a way within the registry ,but I have not found the article yet. Thanks Tony http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ab101c3bfa9$677169d0$3101280a@phx.gbl... > How can I shut off the "protection" of unsafe > attachemnts. I am receiving drivers and other patches for > a recent upgrade to XP and can't...