.NET 3.5 update failed, error #0x8007064C

Windows update downloaded and failed to install updates for .NET 2.0 and .NET
3.5 initially. Found instructions to download cleanup tool, remove both 2.0
and 3.5 and manually reinstall them. The problem with 2.0 went away, but the
update installer thinks I still need the update for 3.5 and keeps trying to
install it, and failing with the error code: 0x8007064C

It's blocking all other updates. Please suggest how to fix it.

Hello Steve,

Google is your friend.  A search for this error code showed this as the
first of many entries: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958055/en-us

Please let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains

Ǝиçεl
©¿©¬
-=-

"Steveb" wrote:

> Windows update downloaded and failed to install updates for .NET 2.0 and .NET
> 3.5 initially. Found instructions to download cleanup tool, remove both 2.0
> and 3.5 and manually reinstall them. The problem with 2.0 went away, but the
> update installer thinks I still need the update for 3.5 and keeps trying to
> install it, and failing with the error code: 0x8007064C
>
> It's blocking all other updates. Please suggest how to fix it.
Thanks for the suggestion but I already tried it and it didn't work.

This problem is now solved. I ended up having to remove the whole .NET
Framework (all versions) and then reinstalled them all again with all Service
Packs. Quite a tedious process, but it worked. Now Windows Update is working
properly again.

Steve

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Hello Steve,
>
> Google is your friend.  A search for this error code showed this as the
> first of many entries: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958055/en-us
>
> Please let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains
>

> Ǝиçεl
> ©¿©¬
> -=-
>
> "Steveb" wrote:
>
> > Windows update downloaded and failed to install updates for .NET 2.0 and .NET
> > 3.5 initially. Found instructions to download cleanup tool, remove both 2.0
> > and 3.5 and manually reinstall them. The problem with 2.0 went away, but the
> > update installer thinks I still need the update for 3.5 and keeps trying to
> > install it, and failing with the error code: 0x8007064C
> >
> > It's blocking all other updates. Please suggest how to fix it.

Excel Startup Error
When I click on a excel document the computer hangs for about 2 seconds, then opens excel with no document displayed. If I first ope excel (click on the .exe) and then open a dcoument, no problem. I als have the same issue with Word. Have tried repairing Office installation, removing and reinstallin excell, deleted all .xla files - nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- philale ----------------------------------------------------------------------- philalex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View ...

MS Word Updaters
I'm working on a PowerBook, OS 10.4.11 I had MS Office 2004 version 11.3.5. I downloaded the updaters from Microsoft website and in succession ran 11.3.7, 11.3.8, 11.3.9, 11.4.0. They all ran properly but when I restarted MS Word, it's information reads version 11.3.8 and I cannot rerun the updaters? Any idea what's going on. Am I running 11.4.0 and the info is wrong, or did the last two installers 11.3.9, 11.4.0 fail to work. By the way, I restarted and retried 11.3.9, 11.4.0 but to no avail. Marc In article <ee8dde3.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, mpkmac@officeformac.com...

Update Chart Source Data
I used the "Record Macro" function to get the code shown below. When I recorded the macro, the value of A1 was 392. But when I actually ran the macro, the value of A1 was 393. As you can see, the "Record Macro" function "hard coded" the value of 392. How can I make this work such that the SeriesCollection is updated with the CURRENT value of A1? Sheets("Chart2").Select Range("A1").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Chart1").Select ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Act...

Access Form showing data in wrong order after update
Hi, I am new to Access. I have a simple database and a form connected to that database. I have made simple buttons on the form to add or delete records. The trouble is that after I add or delete a record using the form, the records are displayed on the form in wrong order! For instance the last 2 records are displayed first. Please Help! "Himmahan" <Himmahan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE60CA92-7654-4994-A5DA-18070E063CEE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I am new to Access. > > I have a simple database and a form connected to that database. I hav...

Hide Outlook messages error
Hi, is it possible to hide the error window for a particular internet account. I've this problem: an internal POP3 mail server doesn't support shared access to a single mailbox. This mailbox is needed to receive faxes and all user check this mailbox every 2 minutes. The problem (for users work) is raised when the error window appear too many times in a day... May is it possible to hide this windows via registry settings or other else? thanks in advance. Massimo Artini No, not possible. Better is to lower the frequency users check the mailbox. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-O...

error installing Analysis Cubes for dynamics GP 10 on seperate ser
hi, We try to install Analysis cubes for Dynamics GP 10 (SQL server 2005) on a separate Server Scenario. We installed all software required as described in the installation guide on both the server (Microsoft Dynamics GP Server & Analysis Cubes Server). When we start the setup on the "Analysis Cube Server", we got the error GP clients tools or server tools should be installed, we installed GP. After Installing GP, setup started and we finished the installation Process of Analysis Cubes for Dynamics. And we started the Analysis Cubes for Dynamics GP Configuration Wizard...

Unhandled Exception error on few accounts
Hello, On just a few accounts, if I go to History or Activities, I get the following unhandled exception: [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ActivityPointerWebService.RollupByObject(Guid rollupById, String rollupByName, RollupType rollupType, QueryBase queryExpress...

Error 80090349
Hi, I have a problem with exchange 2003, when i want to create a folder under public folder, or when i right click on public folder and choose system folders i get this Error: The Certificate is not valid for Requested useg. ID no: 80090349 System manager. I have the Adminstrater, Domain Admin and Exchange Admin rights. Any Idea? Thanks, Shahin This is the closest I could find.....http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/insider/ publicfolders.mspx#Error80090301 "Shahin" <Shahin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37A27FE6-997A-4339-AC2C-35...

Cannot access outlook.pst error
I run Win 98 and Outlook 2002 on my computer. All the sudden all the mail sent for the last 7 days starts showing up again in my INBOX. After that I cannot delete or move anything without the error message "The file c:\windows\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed. Access is denied" How can I fix this problem? ...

Deleted Items Retention #3
I have a question about the Deleted items retention period. When a user highlights messages from their inbox and does a shift delete without sending them to the deleted items folder, are they recoverable with the deleted itmems retention feature with Exchange by going to tools recover deleted items whithin Outlook? Thanks in advance. Chad This may help shed some more light on Deleted Item Retention, including your particular question about shift-delete. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249680 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blo...

record still not updated until close the form or run report
I have a cmdStart button in frmWorkshop. When click, it opens another form frmSignIn On load event of frmSignIn, I make frmWorkshop visible = false Below is cmdSignIn on form frmSignIn. It seems the line Forms!frmWorkshop.[WS]=1 always in the memory instead of update the record. Me.Dirty=False does not help. I have to either close frmWorkshop, or run other report be fore the update to show up. Where did I do wrong? Private Sub cmdSignIn_Click() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set rst = Forms!frmWorkshop.RecordsetClone If Me.intEN <> "" Then rst.FindFirst &quo...

Public Folder Contact Problem #3
I am running exchange 5.5 sp4. I have a couple of public folders used for maintaining contacts. We use one folder called "recruiting" for maintaining job applicants and their information. We have another folder called "employees" which have our employees in them. The idea here is that we add the job applicant, and then at the bottom of the contact, in the contacts section, we add the person who is going to interview them. If I open a recruiting contact, and at the bottom of the contact, where it says "Contacts", add an employee from the "employee&qu...

Fax component in Windows XP Service Pack 3
I have Win XP Home with Service Pack 3. It will not let me installation the Fax Component as described in the Installation section. I have tried using all the different ways mentioned in the trouble shooting guide but it won't install. It shows that it is trying to install and will create an icon in the Add new Printer and Fax group. But when you click on the Fax icon and click properties. It gives the error that the printer is either not correctly installed or not connected to the server. Any ideas? =?Utf-8?B?QW5vbw==?= <Anoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Exchange 5.5 and Spam
We use Exchange 5.5 and two days ago someone was able to find a user id/password on our machine and was sending us thousands of outbound messages that were spam. Now my boss has finally decided to spend some money on an anti-spam solution. I checked google but most of the solutions I found were not for Exchange 5.5. Any suggestions??? Spam Marshall (http://www.spammarshall.com). They have a free and a paid version, both work with Exchange 5.5 Ghareeb Rahi wrote: > We use Exchange 5.5 and two days ago someone was able to find a user > id/password on our machine and was sending us t...

login errors #2
When trying to login I am getting this error: Login denied. An installation task of Analytical Accounting is running. Please try again later. Thus it will not allow me to login. Any suggestions? Try clearing any user stuck in SY00800 "sajlnp" wrote: > When trying to login I am getting this error: > > Login denied. An installation task of Analytical Accounting is running. > Please try again later. > > > Thus it will not allow me to login. > > Any suggestions? Hello Have you tried to run Dynamics Utilities? It seems that you have an unfinish...

What is <IDispatch error #32> error and <Memory is locked.> error?
Hello, I installed an Event Sink as a COM+ Application on my Exchange machine that sends an email to a specific user named "exchangeconnector" whenever something is changed in the calendar of another specific user "exchangeuser". I did the appropriate event registration for this event sink and the events seem to be successfully triggering the event sink, as I can see new events being logged to the system event log when I create new appointments in exchangeuser's calendar. But the problem is that while the event sink tries to send an email to exchangeconnector...

Name could not be resolved error.....
Hi Have a strange problem, where I can set up mail accounts, and use these fine, but if I try to add a mailbox in the Open These Additional Mailboxes field, I immediately get an error "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed" This is before ive even tried to resolve a name, its as I click Add, the error just appears, so you dont even get a chance to put a name in there. Any ideas what could have caused this? it seems to be after we ran the move server wizard and moved the server with these accounts on into a new site. Thanks Graham ...

Attachments error
Can anyone help me out here, when I'm trying to send an excel worksheet as an attachment, I get a Windows XP error dialog informing me that one or more attachments couldn't be opened due to beiong out of memory and suggests I close any open applications. However the only applications open is Excel.?!?!? HELP ME PLEASE THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY !!! thanks one and all. Matt Manchester England. ...

BCM to CRM Migration Error
I am getting an unexpected error, trying to migrate Business Contact Manger to CRM 3.0. Here is the log. Can anyone help? 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Arteco_Vision_Systems_MSCRM 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Checking existence of EntityIdMap table in CDF database: Success ...

Need help with Outllook Laptop client install error
Attempting to install the laptop client and the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition fails with the follow message, "Unknown exit code 29559". Any help with problem would very much be appreciated. Bob At what point in the installation does it fail? Was SQL Express installed before the CRM client? -- Richard Riddle CRM Developer Autonomix "Bob" wrote: > Attempting to install the laptop client and the SQL Server 2005 Express > Edition fails with the follow message, "Unknown exit code 29559". > > Any help with problem would very much be apprec...

OWA error after update
Hello, About two weeks ago I updated our Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 without any problem. I setup OWA to use Forms Based Authentication & SSL and everything was working great. I just updated Windows to 2003 from 2000 and am now unable to use OWA. When I try to get to the OWA login page I get a message that says '440 Login Timeout'. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve I would revert to without Forms Based and SSL and then progress from there since that is easier to troubleshoot. Without SSL and Forms based. Does it work? If not can you at least acc...

net folders #9
I'm having a problem with net folders on outlook 2000. I get duplicate entries when scheduling an appointment. It is intermittent and so far I can't figure out why. I'm running office 2000 on win98se I get that as well so I'd appreciate it if you would forward me any responses you get on how to fix it. Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >I'm having a problem with net folders on outlook 2000. >I get duplicate entries when scheduling an appointment. It is intermittent >and so far I can't figure out why. > >I'm running office 2000 on win98se ...

Make ZIP files from ASP.NET with VB
Hi somebody have an example or an idea to how to make ZIP files from a folder? Thanks a lot On 9/17/2010 2:14 PM, Marcos G. wrote: > Hi somebody have an example or an idea to how to make ZIP files from a > folder? > > Thanks a lot <http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=zip+libaries+for+net&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=m1&aql=&oq=zip+libaries+for+net&gs_rfai=CsSyRB82TTOGbJJG6hASEv7n2CwAAAKoEBU_QB9Oo&psj=1&fp=207a1c3c62b92b94> Have a look on codeplex (http://www.codeplex.com) - there are severa...

CRM 4.0 Rollup Update 9
Hi all, Now I have CRM 4.0 without Rollup Update (New installation) and I want install Rollup update 9 (after install Rollup Update 7 for client and Datamanager). My question is: There are many registry key that I must change but I don't understand which registry keys I must change client side, which registry keys I must change server side and which registry keys I must change booth client and server side. Can you explain me? Thanks Hi Davide- Which registry keys are you thinking of changing? Are you referring the the Update Rollup KB where you can manually enable some fixes ...

Can not add new user in crm 3
I can no longer add a new user in CRM 3 using the deployment manager interface I get the following error: Invalid code for CRM error (80070005) - SOAP Server Application Faulted note: the crm server is a domain controller 1. Check what account is starting the CRM services (Local System or a Domain account) 2. Install the Windows 200X Support Tools on the CRM Server. Run suptools.msi from Support | Tools folder on the 200X Server CD. 3. Click Start | Run, enter adsiedit.msc and click OK 4. Locate the root CRM OU under the Domain 5. Right-click, select Properties, then click the Securi...