Playing songs in center pane w/o it moving to right pane?

For example, if I click on a playlist, the songs show up listed in the center
(library) pane in WMP12.  If I double click to play any of those songs, it
automatically moves the entire playlist (or album or artist) to the right
pane and leaves the center one empty.
How do I get this to stop?  In WMP11, I believe, it kept playing in the
center pane until you hit "Edit in List Pane".
I want to be able to see and use both panes at the same time!

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:44:01 -0800, KyleGarret
<KyleGarret@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>For example, if I click on a playlist, the songs show up listed in the center
>(library) pane in WMP12.  If I double click to play any of those songs, it
>automatically moves the entire playlist (or album or artist) to the right
>pane and leaves the center one empty.
>How do I get this to stop?  In WMP11, I believe, it kept playing in the
>center pane until you hit "Edit in List Pane".
>I want to be able to see and use both panes at the same time!

Isn't what you described, exactly the behaviour you wanted from WMP11?

That is - you can edit, save then play one track or playlist while
editing and working on a second playlist in the centre pane ?

Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
0
Neil
3/15/2010 11:52:00 PM

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:44:01 -0800, KyleGarret
> <KyleGarret@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >For example, if I click on a playlist, the songs show up listed in the center
> >(library) pane in WMP12.  If I double click to play any of those songs, it
> >automatically moves the entire playlist (or album or artist) to the right
> >pane and leaves the center one empty.
> >How do I get this to stop?  In WMP11, I believe, it kept playing in the
> >center pane until you hit "Edit in List Pane".
> >I want to be able to see and use both panes at the same time!
>
> Isn't what you described, exactly the behaviour you wanted from WMP11?
>
> That is - you can edit, save then play one track or playlist while
> editing and working on a second playlist in the centre pane ?
>
> Cheers - Neil
> Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
> .

Not at all!  If I have a playlist in the right plane and I'm considering
adding a song to it, but I'm not sure until I listen to said song, I can't do
that, because once I try to listen to it, whatever album or playlist it's in
automatically replaces the playlist I'm trying to edit in the right plane.
I want to be able to play songs in the center while working on a playlist on
the right, but I can no longer do that.
In other words, I can't really work on a playlist in the center, unless
working on it doesn't involve actually listening to it.
KyleGarret wrote:
> Not at all!  If I have a playlist in the right plane and I'm considering
> adding a song to it, but I'm not sure until I listen to said song, I can't do
> that, because once I try to listen to it, whatever album or playlist it's in
> automatically replaces the playlist I'm trying to edit in the right plane.
> I want to be able to play songs in the center while working on a playlist on
> the right, but I can no longer do that.
> In other words, I can't really work on a playlist in the center, unless
> working on it doesn't involve actually listening to it.

It can be done the other way around: open the playlist that you want to
add songs to in the center pane. You can drag songs from whatever
playlist is currently playing (and is shown in the right pane) to the
playlist in the center.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

Email not being recieve right away
One of our workstations is having issues not receiving emails right away. Shes using Office XP Outlook version. Some workstation in the office are using office 2003. We havent upgrade the workstation yet due to lack of funds. This workstation seems to be the only one having this issue. The rest are able to recieve thier email instantly internaly and external. Any ideas. Local firewall preventing UDP packets? "JG" <jgustilo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23tjg9p%23vGHA.4688@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > One of our workstations is having issues not receiving em...

Move Information Store
How do you move the information store on an Exchange 03 server? On the 5.5 server you could run the "optimizer" and relocate the information store. Is there a way to do this with o3? tia This should help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF001.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "smw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:612501c42e27$172305f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you move the information store on an Exchange 03 > server? On the 5.5 server you could run the "op...

one column market word but i want this word i want right column
i want urangt ans you will need to give slighty more information if you would like some help. vaibhav wrote: >i want urangt ans -- Matt Lynn Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/201005/1 ...

How can i move the Winsxs folder
Hi all, We have a windows 2008 server (not a dc) running exchange 2007. All databases and log files are on the d and e drives. We have a 40 GB C parition with a windows folder of 18 GB, 3 Gb in Software Distribution and 9 GB in Winsxs. Is there a safe Microsoft approach for moving these folders to a different partition or reducing the size. I have found a few things on Google but none of them are approved by MS. thanks Stef Hello stef, No, you have leave the folder where it is. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

Outlook 2003
My girlfriend is having a problem with Outlook 2003, where after the program has been running for a half-hour or so, and opens a new letter, the message pane loses focus and ends up BELOW the main Outlook window, instead of in front of it. The result is that the only way she can read the letter is to minimize the main Outlook window -- which isn't really an ideal solution, and rather a pain the butt. If she shuts down Outlook, then restarts it, all is fine again ... until another half- hour or so later. It's very frustrating. Anybody have any theories here? I'm guessin...

DIV/O Error
Here is the wrong way: =IF(B91/(D4*D87+E4*E87+F4*F87+G4*G87+H4*H87+I4*I87),(B91-(D4*D87+E4*E87+F4*F87+G4*G87+H4*H87+I4*I87))*0.5+(D4*D87+E4*E87+F4*F87+G4*G87+H4*H87+I4*I87)*0.166722) This example was kindly provided and I must post for those at my level to learn the better practice approach. =IF(SUMPRODUCT(D4:I4, D87:I87)=0, "", IF(B91<>0, B91/2 - SUMPRODUCT(D4:I4, D87:I87) * (0.5 - 0.166722),"")) Thanks jem! ...

Secure Call Center Tracking
I'm looking to use MS CRM to track our members and what contacts we have with them. One of our departments operates a call center for Health Insurance question. They often deal with HIPAA covered info. I was hoping to add a checkbox labeled "secure", that if checked, restricts all access to just this particular group. Is this possible? Is there a better way? Should I just create a custom entity for call tracking and restrict access to that entity to just their team? Thanks! Doug Evans IT Manager Association of Washington Cities Doug - Yes, it is possible with the ch...

Moving email from one computer to another
How do I transfer email folders from outlook in one computer to outlook in another computer? Thanks in advance Export all your messages to a .pst file from outlook and then import them on the other from that same .pst file. File / Import Export Wizard / Export to a file / Select Personal Folder File ..pst / Select which folder has your mail / Pick the location and the name of the backup file / Then click on FINISH. I hope this helps Thanks "Mickey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022f01c3c9ac$1a01a860$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I transfer e...

VBA moving and adding data
I have this appliaction that spits out a format that is not usable for me, but with some minor changes it would be good to go. I just don't know how the code would work. here is what part of my file looks like: ColumnA Coulmn B Column C Column D FAULT F02 8 PILLAR 3018169.273 492458.0997 -9771.365343 3017502.798 493106.6833 -8696.365343 3016836.323 493755.2668 -7621.365343 3016169.848 494403.8503 -6546.365343 3015503.373 495052.4339 -5471.365343 Here is what I would like it to look like: ColumnA ...

Windows Media Center ??
Is it possible to run windows Media center under windows xp- pro ? The links that I can find seem to want you to up grade to windows 7 ... there are some old posts to downloads for the center .. but these seem to be now upgraded to windows 7 I have a hap TV card .. which requires the media center to use the dual tuner facility .. not - windows media player .. this is not suitable tnx - G . WinXP MCE and WinXP Pro are pretty much (but not quite) the same thing. If your hardware is compatible, you might consider "upgrading" to ...

move from 2000 cluster to 2003 stand alone
I have an exchange 2000 cluster running and need to move from that to a 2003 stand alone server. I need to get explicit details on should I use 2003 advanced or just standard? Mirror 2 drives and raid 5 the rest? Installation of exchange, how to's for the adding of the new server and the exchange install itself? Moving mailboxes should be straightforward. Do I need internal mx records or just to update external records? How will the email hit the new server? I then need to know how to remove the old cluster after this is all done. The domain is windows 2003 and then just some membe...

CRM Moving Sql Server 2000 to 2005 (Database and report) new Serve
Hi, I'm working to move sql server 2000 to sql server 2005 on a new server. CRM 3 is installed on one server and Sql 2005 and Reporting Service on an other server. I backuped and restored the database succefully. But I have an issue when I produce reports. On some reports, I have the graphic with fields where "#Error" is display. Any idea? Thanks David ...

How do I prevent pictures form moving when adding text?
Right click the picture, format picture, Layout tab, Object position, change to exact. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peggy" <Peggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA35218F-D1FA-4691-B01E-3D50B2AF3FA9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way when inserting pictures and clipart of have them all wrap the way you want when you bring them in. Some option or setup or something for when you insert pictures? Everytime I insert pictures I need to change the wrap. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Right click the picture, format picture, Layout t...

MS POS should let the owner have control of assigned rights/role.
MS POS should let the owner have control of assigned rights/role because the roles versuss privileges already assigned aren't representative of every business design. At my music store, I would like to have the ability to make these changes myself. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I...

Move workstations to new domain
I have some Windows XP & Vista workstations that I need to remove from a windows 2003 SBS domain and join them to a new Windows 2008 SBS domain. Is there an way to keep their existing user profile after I join the workstions to the new domain so their desktop settings, favorites and applications look and work the same. The original SBS 2003 server died before I was able to do A migration. Regards Mark Hi Mark: There is a third party app that will move these settings, but it is not free, and for a small domain I would do it manually. I have seen a manual move work a...

Card colors are not printed right?
I had a business card I am trying to reprint again, but the colors when I print them are not right? I cleaned the heads, other things seem to print correctly? The color you see on your screen isn't necessarily the color you'll get on a print. Think about the things that have changed since you last printed it. Are you using the same printer/monitor/version of Publisher/brand of ink? Have you made any changes to the screen resolution? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Bruce" <notreally@idon...

Can I have the right formula to list all my agencies under country
A B C A1 COUNTRY AGENCY RESULT FRANCE A2 FRANCE MAURITOURS W.S.TOURS A3 FRANCE MAURITOURS CONCORDE A4 FRANCE MAURITOURS MAURITOURS A5 FRANCE W.S.TOURS ETC A6 FRANCE W.S. TOURS A7 FRANCE CONCORDE A8 GERMANY KUONI Experiment with Data | Filter When you filer on say France, you can copy and paste the agencies to an...

Cross-Reference Dialog Box No Longer Works Right
This is a change in Word 2007 from previous versions, and it's starting to drive me crazy. I often insert a cross reference to a "numbered item" - normally a heading. You can do with keystroke shortcuts or by clicing "Cross-reference" in the "References" toolbar. The problem is with the little dialog box that pops up at this point. Its main window shows, in outline form, all the headings in the document, and I then pick the one to which I want to insert a reference. Except ... it doesn't. The main window in the dialog box OMITS all the ...

Launching outlook plays default sound over and over and
Installed MS Outlook 2002 on my wifes laptop and whenever she opens it, the default sound plays with about a 10 second interval. Tried simply disable the sound and the PC beep goes off over and over. Upgraded to 2003 same exact problem Haven't had any problem on any other machines....anyone have a clue as to the fix for this one? Thank You! Check your rules. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and ...

Moving from Windows
I'm about to buy my first Mac--dual core, either portable or desktop. As a longtime Windows user I'm just wondering about the many Office files I have on my current system. Will they, basically, be "readable" on the Mac version of Office if I buy whatever the current version is? Having heard that a lot of Mac programs can read Windows files, I'm thinking of buying a large external hard drive and copying all of my files over to it for later use on the Mac if this is possible. Is it? Thanks, Tim Yes it is. Get Office 2004 for Mac, it should be able to handle ...

Moving Column Sums to Rows
What is the simplest way to enter a sequence of values such as =SUM (A1:A100),=SUM (B1:B100),=SUM (C1:C100), etc. into a COLUMN? What is the simplest way of converting simultaneously such values to ($a$1:$a$100) etc.? I could only find a slow and clumsy method by putting the formula in a row, right dragging, then using F4 on each individual cell before using paste special with transpose. Roger PB Hi Roger, > What is the simplest way to enter a sequence of values such as =SUM > (A1:A100),=SUM (B1:B100),=SUM (C1:C100), etc. into a COLUMN? > =SUM(OFFSET($A$1,0,ROW()-1,1,100...

Moving from Outlook 2002 to 2010
I have set up Outlook 2010 on a new laptop and want to transfer my emails, contacts and calendar from my old laptop which is running Outlook 2002. I have copied the outlook.pst across from the old laptop into the Outlook file storage folder on the new one where there are three .pst files, each associated with the three email accounts I had set up and each named appropriately - recipient@domainname.pst. If I simply run Outlook 2010 I do not see anything from the file I transferred. If I rename it to one of the newly created accounts I can see the contents of my old inbox and sent folde...

Cannot move focus away from CComboBox
I have a simple dialog box containing a combo box and and a list box control. The combo box contains a number of items, e.g. Item 1, Item 2, Item 3 etc. The list box on the other hand contains the sub-items of the items in the combo box. So for example, if "Item 1" in the combo box is selected, then the list box will display "Item 1 - Sub item 1", "Item 1 - Sub item 2", and so on. The problem I am having at the moment is when the dialog comes up (in the OnInitDialog() function), I set the content of the combo box to equal to what the user has selected from anothe...

Moved spreadsheet changed link path
I have a spreadsheet that has 20 links that are to other worksheets within a directory. The main file is on a network drive that is known as P:\ in our environment. My client has linked these 20 other worksheets using P:\Finance within the main file. To troubleshoot a separate issue, I have copied the file locally to my c:\ drive. Now all 20 links are referencing the path c:\Finance. The folder path is the same as the network drive, however instead of P:\ it changed to C:\. Any idea of why? The hyperlink base in the properties of the file is empty. Any suggestions? If yo...

Right click in Outlook 2000 SR-1
The menu doesn't appear when right clicking on messages. There is no problem right clicking in any aother application or with the Windows 2000 OS. ...