Player will analyze and prepare music to burn but will not burn.

I recently updated to Version 11 and now my WM Player will Analyze and
Prepare each song that is in the burn cue but as it initiates the transfer of
the music to the disc, it generates a problem.  As it starts the first song,
it shows the message "finalizing disc" next to the first song.  Then the burn
ceases and the message " Windows Media Player can not burn files to the CD.
Verify that the disc is clean and not damaged.  If necessary, select a slower
recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs."  I tried two brands
and tried several new clean discs of each brand with no luck.  Thoughts or
suggestions???
--
Johnny G

Windows Media Player
I created an MFC Dialog in VS2005, and then I inserted a Windows Media Player ActiveX object. When I created a variable associated with the object, VS 2005 created a wrapper class for the object. However, the wrapper class did not contain useful functions. Anyone know why? <bob@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:ab52a9d4-f5bc-42d0-8be8-4e060f1bc604@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com... >I created an MFC Dialog in VS2005, and then I inserted a Windows > Media > Player ActiveX object. When I created a variable associated with the > object, VS 2005 created a wrapper class for ...

Outlook Will not Stay Open #3
Hello all, I have been running Office XP with SP-3 for a while now. Today I tried to open up Outlook and it will no longer stay open. I attempt to open the executable and it opens for a second and then displays an error. I have tried to repair office and uninstall re-install. Any ideas as to what is going on with this?? All help is appreciated. Thanks, Bob Bob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been running Office XP with SP-3 for a while now. > Today I tried to open up Outlook and it will no longer > stay open. I attempt to open the executable and it ...

W32Time will not start
I run Windows Server 2003 SBS and having problems starting W32Tme. When ever I try and start the service I get an error no 1079 statng:- 'The account specified for this service is dfferent from the account specified for other services running in the same process' The service is currently set to log on as 'NT Authority\networkService' Any suggestions? Thankyou In article <51350C33-D5EB-459E-A060-CC8F5E274D6D@microsoft.com>, Neil@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > I run Windows Server 2003 SBS and having problems starting W32Tme. > > ...

Help For Media Player
Can someone direct me please to the newsgroup that discusses Windows Media Player 11? I can't seem to find one...My query relates to knowing how to save a music file as it no longer has the "save as" feature on version 11.... "Starman" <iknowbutidontknow@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:vPiLn.27381$pv.3349@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > > Can someone direct me please to the newsgroup that discusses Windows > Media Player 11? I can't seem to find one...My query relates to knowing > how to save a music file as it no longer h...

will pub 2007 save as pub 2002?
A friend and I are collaborating on a publishing project. She has Pub2002, I am going to upgrade my Pub2000 to Pub2007. Will Pub2007 save in Pub2002 format so that she will be able to work with the files? Publisher 2002 will open 2007 files without any issues. No need to save as... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Uncle Grumpy" <unclegrumpy@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:4pmhv2hkhlnlsqp6kfv8qi2hhq0q31p6qn@4ax.com... >A friend and I are collaborating on a publishing project. She has > P...

problems preparing sbs 2003 for sbs 2008 migration
i've recently inherited an SBS 2003 server and the client now wants to migrate to SBS 2008. i've run the BPA and it's reporting the SBS 2003 SP1 is not installed. windows server 2003 SP2 has long been installed as well as updates up to this day. i've tried running the SP1 update, but it errors stating i need to install kb891193 update first. tried running that but get fatal install errors. i've considered uninstalling SP2 and then the updates in the right order before reinstalling SP2. however, the uninstall folder for SP2 was at some point deleted (presumably ...

How to set my media player as the default player?
I'm writing a media player using vc++ and want to set it as the default player. So that when the user click on a media file, my program will launch as default to do playback. How can I set my media player as the default one? Anything to do with registry? ...

Changing Rip Music Directory
I had changed my default rip directory to my 2nd HDD which died and now I can't rip any music, the file path under rip setting is blank and the change button doesn't work. Does anyone know how to get it to change the rip location since I now can't rip any music. What version of WMP and Windows? First, make sure WMP is closed. Then go to Start - Run, type "regedit", press Enter, and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences Remove the CDRecordpath value and restart WMP. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions....

OWA "password will expire" issue
Hi, When a user's password is about to expire and they receive the "Your password will expire in x days" message is OWA, their initial login will fail with a "You are not authorized to view this page" error. If the user refreshes the browser at this point, the page will come up without any further input from the user. Once the user changes his password, he can log in as normal. Does anyone know what causes this and how to make it go away? Our passwords expire every 45 days and I don't want to have to answer calls about this issue constantly! Thanks, Rich...

Windows Media Player on 2008
Not sure if this is the right group to get an answer on this, but here goes.... WE have a requirement for Windows Media Player on our W2008/TS/XenApp5 farm. I know I can get it from enabling the "Desktop Experience" feature in 2008. However, I really dont want all the other crap that it installs such as Defender Mail etc. Is there a way to remove these, or even simpler a way to "install" WMP without going near the Feature above? Thanks Simon ...

exchange 5.5 will not keep new server name.
We have exchange 5.5 in enviroment where windows server 2003 is setup along with active directory and active direcitory intergrated zone which is replicated to other servers. Problem: I enter the Exchange Server Name followed by the mailbox name then I select the button [CHECK NAME] In the exchange server name field after entering the new exchange server name the old exchange server name is displayed instead. This only happens in office 2003 professional and not in office 2000 professional "old exchange server name" How did you go about changing the name of the server...

getting players records vs. other players
Hi I am having trouble doing this. Here is what i have. I have a table that shows the date, winner, and loser. I then have 2 queries that counts the number of times Player A won vs. Player B, and then how many times Player A lost to Player B. I then combine thsoe 2 queries and it works fine provided Player A and Player B have at least 1 win and loss vs each other. If not, nothing shows up when i combine the queries So what I need is for it to show that Player A is 4-0 vs Player B and subsequently Player B is 0-4 vs Player A. Can someone help? example Player Team Won Oppon...

how do I make a document that will be folded into a card?
I'm trying to make a hand out that will be a 8x11 piece of paper that will be folded into quarters and will open like a card. It will have print on all four sides and also when unfolded, will have print on the opposite 8x11 side. Can anyone follow this?? You want to do this using MS Excel? Not suited for this type of application. Suggest you check out Publisher or Print Shop or any other card-building application. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 08:22:03 -0800, donnadhc <donnadhc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to make a hand out that wi...

Microsoft DVD Player
When I try to play a DVD on my computer it will come up and start to play but it plays slower than what is on the screen. In other words I can see it playing but when people start to talk there is a delay so their lips are moving slower than the DVD is playing. I have tried cleaning the DVD player and that didn't work either. "Chaunda" <Chaunda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E372D10-2A77-4BEA-B745-9DDF2C63E786@microsoft.com... > When I try to play a DVD on my computer it will come up and start to play > but > it plays slower t...

Which function will shorten IF-THEN-ELSE ?
Here's a simplified example of what I want to do: Col A Col B Row 1 yes 5 Row 2 10 Row 3 yes 15 Row 4 yes 20 What is the formula that will automatically find all numbers in Col B that have a corresponding "yes" in Col A, then SUM them and multiply by 30% ? If done manually, the final result would then be the equivalent of =(5+15+20)*.30, which is 12. Thanks, On May 18, 2:02=A0am, Jack Ryan <jackryani...@gmail.com> wrote: > Here's a simplified example of what I want to d...

How to stop Media Player from changing playlist names?
How can I stop Windows Media Player from changing my playlist names by inserting a "My Playlist - " in front of the name I give to the playlist? For example, if I name a playlist "ABC" the next time I start up WMP, I find it now has a name of "My Playlist - ABC". I rename it back to ABC but then the next time I start it up, it's back to My Playlist - ABC. Any idea why this is happening and how I can make it stop? Using WMP 11 on Win XP. TIA. I have never seen WMP doing this, so it's probably caused by a third party program or plug-i...

OE Backup Will NOT Install on XP
Hi, I tried to install the Outlook Express Backup utility from Majik on my XP machine, but get the following error: "Error registering the application removal executable with Windows" The program works just fine on my old machine with Windows ME, but not on the XP machine; Any Ideas???? Thanks in advance. Wrong newsgroup -- this is for Outlook only. Also it would be better to check with Majik. "Hummers5" <hummers5@comcast.net> wrote in message news:JI6dnXwDufmMjPPdRVn-ig@comcast.com... > Hi, > > I tried to install the Outlook Express Backup utility ...

Deleting a large email that will not send
Hi, I tried to email a 50MB+ audio file with Gmail via Entourage for Mac 2008, not realizing the size limitations. Entourage tries to send it, only to bounce up against the limitation, and then kicks back an error. Then, a few minutes later, it tries again -- and the same thing happens. I want to find this unsent email to delete it and stop the madness, but am having no luck. Any ideas? thanks jeff On 3/25/10 2:04 PM, jeffo wrote: > I tried to email a 50MB+ audio file with Gmail via Entourage for Mac > 2008, not realizing the size limitations. Entourage tries to send it...

Flash Player
I currectly have Flash Player version 10,0,45,2 installed. I received a message that version 10.1.53.64 is now available so I clicked to install it and it installed but when I went to Adobe's website to 'test' which version I have, it stated that I still had 10,0,45,2. When I checked Adone's website again, it stated that 'Flash Player 10.1 Beta users must uninstall previous versions of Flash Player prior to installation.' Since this is true and nothing was uninstalled, why did it 'claim' to install without any issues? Thanks! Weird. ...

Windows Media Player 11 Flying Off Screen
When i open media player it goes off the screen to the right althought i can see it i cant grab it or move it !! i also tried rolling back media player , nothing !! what can i do ?? On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 18:08:04 -0800, wacky1968 <wacky1968@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When i open media player it goes off the screen to the right althought i can >see it i cant grab it or move it !! i also tried rolling back media player , >nothing !! what can i do ?? In the taskbar should be a media player icon (somewhere between the Start menu and the clock). Right-click o...

CDC pointers
Hi, I am writing a program that uses different threads to handle various painting operations, I wondered if somebody could possible tell me if I create a new thread using AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, &threadparams, ... and then the various options to create it suspended, and then have it resume. What I want to know is, can the threadparams structure include a CDC * that enables the thread to draw to the window, as long as I use a (single) critical section inside threadparams aswell to make sure that no two threads draw to the CDC at once??? If not how can I accomplish the same end? If they c...

cell pattern displays but will not print
-- Patty Northern New England ...

Contacts will not Open in Outlook 2003
This is in Outlook 2003 running on an XP Pro system, with all updates applied. Whenever one of our users tries to Open a contact (to change details), an error message is given saying Outlook will need to quit. Interestingly, it doesn't quit, just returing straight to the mail Inbox. All other aspects of Contacts seem to work (you can use it to address e-mails, etc, etc.). I've tried varying the properties settings for the address book. I've also tried repairing Office, and de-installing and re-installing Outlook, but makes no difference. The MS Support website describes a simi...

Outlook will not stay online
I am having to schedule the send/receive function rather than staying online when I am connected via a VPN. How do i correct this? Ask your Network/Mail admin to troubleshoot the VPN connection. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Roy asked: | I am having to schedule the send/receive function rather than staying | online when I am connected via a VPN. How do i correct this? ...

Win7 Media Player 12 will not list music on NAS
I have for years had all my music on a NAS. I upgraded to Win7 64bit today and cannot for the life of me find an EASY way to get my music listed in MP12. I have had to resort to addin my NAS using it's network ip address as Win7 doesn't appear to like nas anyway. Noy that it is working and has even been added to the MP12 library is has not been indexed. I have instead had to open both MP12 and Win Explorer side by side and then drag the files across to MP12. I Have seached for soloutions and found no easy answer. Could someone please tell me how to get Win7 to work pro...