play a movie that is on hard drive, NOT a separate DVD

I've downloaded some of my movies onto my harddrive (C); how do I play them?
Media Player only seems to want DVDs, recorded TV, etc., but nothing from the
harddrive. I have Vista.

  Locate the file,R.click on it,create a shortcut,move to desktop,R.click on
it,
 select "open with",select WMP..Also,in WMP,open tools,options,locate
 file types tab,select all.

"CWE" wrote:

> I've downloaded some of my movies onto my harddrive (C); how do I play them?
> Media Player only seems to want DVDs, recorded TV, etc., but nothing from the
> harddrive. I have Vista.
What's the file type of the movies (AVI, WMV)? (Double)clicking a movie
file usually opens it in WMP, what happens if you try this?

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

Op 23/03/2010 23:29, CWE wrote:
> I've downloaded some of my movies onto my harddrive (C); how do I play them?
> Media Player only seems to want DVDs, recorded TV, etc., but nothing from the
> harddrive. I have Vista.
0
Tim

Burned DVDs not playing in vcr
Can anyone help me, dvds play fine on the computer but will not play in the playstation, dvd players, etc? Thank you very much for your help. On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:54:02 -0800, RLBBBJ <RLBBBJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone help me, dvds play fine on the computer but will not play in the >playstation, dvd players, etc? Thank you very much for your help. Usually PCs are quite flexible for DVD playback, where hardware devices may not be. One critical step for working with standalone DVD players is the DVD disk should be "finalised" which ...

Not playing some files
I have Vista Home Premium with SP 2 installed WMP is Version 11.0.6002.18111 My player will play some files but not others. The files are either mp3, wma or wav. but the player will play some of the group but not others of the same group. It doesn't seem to distinguish. In other words it seems to take pot luckas to whether it will play a file or not. WMP is the default player Can you help please? On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 02:40:01 -0700, Brian S <Brian S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have Vista Home Premium with SP 2 installed > >WMP is...

DVD plays backround music but doesn't play voice or effects
OP System: Windows 7 I put in a DVD that's around 12 years old, and the visual and the backround music works, but the voices and sound effects are absent. Anybody had this problem before? Ive got all my updates, so I think WMP just stopped supporting the some of the codecs for older DVD's. Just seemed odd, any feedback would be appreciated, thanks. On Apr 22, 10:45=A0pm, TommyTheGun <TommyThe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > OP System: Windows 7 > > I put in a DVD that's around 12 years old, and the visual and the backrou= nd > music wor...

Split a quote intpo separate orders or invoices
Hello, My problem is the following : the company I work for is selling diffrent types of product : product, service, maintenance. In each categorie I have several "products". In one quote, my sales rep are selling different products from diffrent types. But the different types of products won't be invoiced and paid at the same time. For example we will invoice the product right away, but we will invoiced the service only when it will be done, maybe a month later. What I would like : automatically have one invoice (or orders) by product type. I showed my users to do it manu...

Hard Return in Cell
Can you put a hard return in a cell. Probably basic, but can't figure it out. Hi Alt Enter -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "Monica" <mbristow@adtron.com> wrote in message news:2ab8501c3927c$17cd5b00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can you put a hard return in a cell. > Probably basic, but can't figure it out. Monica Yes: hold down the Alt key and press Enter. However, you might like to follow the exchange in the posts just below titled "Excel not filtering as expected" in case that turns out to have any implications for what y...

MP11 ripping CD only plays WAV
Help! This has got to be something simple. I'm new to MP11 on Vista. Can play CD's thru MP11 fine. Ripping CD appears to complete OK, but playback from Library only works with WAV rips. Tried the WMV's and MP3. Any other format seems to lockup MP11 playback and nothing (even the WAV's) playback. Fixes upon restart of MP11. Copied MP3 file from MP11 into another box running MP10 - and it plays fine. Similar problem for me too, except that I'm using XP. Anybody know how to solve this? I even tried re-installing this thing but it just won'...

Access mdb on mapped drive
I'm developing an Access application which will eventually run with a back end on a server, but for local development I have only a single PC available. So I've mapped a drive to a folder on my PC. I can see the drive and the mdb file in it in my Windows Explorer, but when I try to open the mdb, it's read-only. If I navigate directly to the mdb on my PC (not using the mapped drive), I can open the mdb normally (read/write). What could be the problem? - TIA I assume you created a shared folder on your PC. When you did this did you allow changes? I foret the exact term i...

Restart USB Drive.
Hi All, I found the "devcon" sample of DDK sample which can restart any device of the machine, for example TYPE the following console command devcon restart USB* will restart all USB devices and USB host controllers in the machine, mean while you could see the "refresh" in the device management window. I port the code segment I need to my original MFC project and compiled correctly. however it did not work even the relative API(ex: SetupDiCallClassInstaller) return SUCCESS. It means NO refresh in device management window. My machine winXP SP1. Is it caused by differ...

wmp cannot play file
file as extension .iso error message found cood1199 what is this and how do i sort it please. ..iso is an image file and it doesn't get "played." You need a burning program like imgburn to burn the image to a CD/DVD. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "stoneage" <stoneage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:637CE0D3-90E6-4217-A908-13F5C5A8BE70@microsoft.com... > file as extension .iso error message found cood1199 what is this and how > do i > ...

CD Rom Drive Problm after installation of Publisher 2007 upgrade
Hi all, I installed the upgrade to Publisher and now my CD Rom drive doesn't see any disk. Anyone else have this problem ? -- Lori Has to be a coincidence... CD-Rom issues is a Windows problem. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E413FF9B-7F58-43D0-86EA-7840F700272C@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > I installed the upgrade to Publisher and now my CD Rom drive doesn't see any > disk. Anyone else have this problem ? > -- > Lor...

Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive removal
My daughter's Macbook recently crashed and the hard drive was replaced. She tried to install her Office 2004 for Mac full version (a legal copy with a legit product key) without removing the Test Drive version and now neither will work. I have removed the full version so I can go back and remove the Test Drive version, but when I click on the "remove office" icon in the Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive folder in Applications, the pink icon appears for a second in the Mac tool bar at the bottom of the screen and nothing else happens. Basically, I double clik the application and i...

DVD case size inserts
is there a template for MS publisher to create DVD case size inserts, I have a template for CD jewel cases but really want a template designed for DVD size cases. Some folks use the CD label templates but don't tell anybody for fear of violating the Publisher license. I don't condone this and play it safe by using the label maker in Roxio Easy CD DVD Creator 6 (modified M1-A1/b OD* in color). * OD = Olive Drab. Don US Army, SFC, Retired (If you find you're limping, your leg has been pulled). "Karebare" <Karebare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

any way to play animated gif in OneNote 2007 ?
any way to play animated gif in OneNote 2007 any plug-in, or anything... nrnr wrote: > any way to play animated gif in OneNote 2007 > any plug-in, or anything... Somply: No, this is not possible. You could add a link to a file and then call it with the standard player. Rainald ...

breakdown adresses into separate fields
I have a table of about 12,000 addresses containig a Street No, street name and a suffix (ave, dr, etc). Can I break this into separate fields? (there are also some two-word street names which, of course, have a space between the two words.) I need to puul the street # up to the space into a field, then the suffix following the last space into a field leaving the remaining street name in a field by itsself). How can I accomplish this feat?? thanx - d On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:50:00 -0800, David# <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table of about 12,000 addresses...

Moving .pst from one drive to another in Outlook 2003
Is it possible for me to move my .pst file from my C: drive to my E: drive (Outlook 2003 only) ? I've found knowledgebase articles that apply to Outlook 2002 and 2007, but those processes don't work. I get hung up when I try to delete the old one and it tells me to go to Tools/Options e-mail account to change the default location of delivered mail. I can't find any place to do that. If you have the process for Outlook 2003 (or a KB article), I'd appreciate it. TIA ... GPC "Gregg Cattanach" <rl3166pls@excite.com> wrote in message news:%23usD2pp%23...

what plays if you click play right after start
Mostly I open up WMP and immediately click play button. WMP creates automatically a playlist and starts playing. I always wondered if it's just random songs or any kind of systematic behind the choosen songs!? I am using Win XP and WMP 11. besides...I am really a fan of not having to choose what I like to hear, maybe anyone has also tips for creating never-ending playlists that automatically refer to a mood or last song(s) :) On my system, immediately clicking Play after WMP startup starts playing the Last Played playlist. This playlist contains the same items as the ...

media play 11 plays .avi files but no picture, just sound
hi i have windows xp profession version 2002 - service pack 3 media palyer 11 .0.5721.5268 when i now to to play 'movie' files through media player the sound works but not the picture (screen is black) i can play the files with Quicktime okay i have tried wmv and avi files and both the same result can anyone help me pls thx i have the same problem.......grrrr pls help "Rea1356" wrote: > hi > i have windows xp profession version 2002 - service pack 3 > > media palyer 11 .0.5721.5268 > > when i now to to play 'movie&#...

Play a .wav file in my VB6 program?
How can I play a .wav file from my VB6 app? I want to develop a VB6 app that can play a .wav file through the computer's built-in sound system. The files it plays will not be music - they will be pre-recorded voice messages. I downloaded and tested the ShellExecute program from Randy Birch's site. It plays the .wav file alright but it invokes Windows Media Player to do the actual playing. I would like to have the file play without anything visible happening on the screen. IOW, I would like to be able to click on a button and have the sound file play. Is there any way thi...

Office 2004 Test Drive #2
Hi Friends I just got my new MAcbook Pro and was taking it for a test drive when I came to a screeching halt. It seems my clock was set for the wrong time zone which was past midnight and hence was registering Tuesday when it was still Monday. I had already started the test drive for office 2004 and then when I was playing around and notice the time was not correct I set it. After that since the date was now one day earier my Office 2004 would not run. even though it is ow Tuesday it still will not run it tells me that it is expired (after 2 hours) is there any help for this. I am afraid...

Chart from separate workbooks
Hello! I`m new to this group so greetings for everybody :). My questions (MS Excel 2007): There are 10 separate files, each containing a similar worksheet. There is an eleventh, cumulative file, containing a chart from these ten files. The number of files grows constantly. I would like the charts in the cumulative file to change, based on the newly created files. How to do this in a possibly automatic manner? For example: 5 persons are evaluated each month with a 10-question test and get a grade (from 1 to 5)for each question. In the cumulative file there is a chart depicting the mea...

How to stop excel from constantly spinning up unused external hard drive (and prevent the delay that comes with that)

Auto-playing music during other animations
How do I play a sound file automatically from the beginning of one slide, but also run a sequence of other animations during the song without having to wait for the song to end? Setting the other animations to "start with previous" and delaying each one a few more seconds than the last is tedious and takes forever. I wish I could play the song independently from my long custom animation list so I can use the "start after previous" button for my animations and make my life easier. Any suggestions? The other animations should start "Vith previous" ev...

music files start to play but stop playing after a few seconds
I have Vista operating system. Windows Media PLayer version is 11.0.6002.18005. My problem is I start windows media player audio files the music plays for a few seconds then stops. The slide bar continues to progress but there is no sound. I tried a resart of both program and computer, neither helped. I tried to re-download Windows Media Player but I could not because it said I have the latest version. Is there a fix for this issue. I have searched on-line and windows help to no avail. thanks Cecil Problems like this can usually be solved by updating the sound card drive...

sum negative and positive values separately #2
Hi, I have a time series like this: 1995, -.05 1996, -2.1 1997, 3.6 1998, 4.3 1999, -0.7 2000, -0.08 and I would like to sum just the positive and negative value separately in this way 1995, -2.15 1997, 7.9 1999, -0.78 And I don't know if it is possible, thanks in advance. ...

Howto: Remove 2 x hard returns ...
Hi there, Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6408) SP1 Is there some place in Outlook I can set it not to insert 2 x hard return on the top of a new e-mail? I have created my own HTML signature and don't want the 2 x hard returns. Regards, Deon H ...