Notebooks not shutting down after installing WMP 11

I have installed WMP 11 on two notebooks both running XP-SP3. After pressing
the On/Off buttons Windows basically closes but hangs up on the last screen
in stead of shutting down. I then have to shut down with pressing the button
for more than 7 seconds. This problem came up on both Notebooks after
installing WMP-11. Anybody aware and possibly having a fix?
--
hav

Is that with or without running the player?
If it's with, it's likely some sort of driver issue.
If it's without, it's potentially Network Sharing Service related.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Henk AV" <HenkAV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed WMP 11 on two notebooks both running XP-SP3. After
>pressing
> the On/Off buttons Windows basically closes but hangs up on the last
> screen
> in stead of shutting down. I then have to shut down with pressing the
> button
> for more than 7 seconds. This problem came up on both Notebooks after
> installing WMP-11. Anybody aware and possibly having a fix?
> --
> hav

0
zachd

Dynamics will not shut down properly
Due to a change in our budgeting software, some users have to upgrade to Office 2003. After one of our users has done the upgrade, Dynamics now will not shut down when he tries to exit the system - it just gives a blank screen with the title bar. Each time he has to end the session in Task Manager and an admin has to terminate his session. We had a similiar problem when some users upgraded to an XP operating system, but then we just had to run a .bat file and it cleared up. No such help on this one. Has anyone dealt with this before? Any suggestions? Antivirus software and spywar...

How to determine which CRM 1.2 Hotfixes are installed
Hi, I have to redeploy a CRM 1.2 installation and I found in "Add/Remove Programs" of the actual server that there are 2 CRM hotfixes installed. Unfortunately, all I can see is "Microsoft CRM Hotfix". No more information is given if I click on the link "Click here for support information" on those 2 hotfixes. How can I determine what are those 2 hotfixes installed? Any help will be appreciated, Thanks, -- Al ...

Office 2003 Updates for Excel KB978474 + Outlook KB979771 won't install
Hello, the Office 2003 Updates of March 2010 for Excel KB978474 + Outlook KB979771 won't install. Seems I'm not the only one to whom that happens. No suggestions I found helped. The updates simply say the installation failed. KB949074 was NOT installed, so I tried THAT first - fails too. Common to all is that installation trundles endlessly, until it finally says it would be preparing - only to fail a few seconds later. I'm completely clueless. "Peter" wrote: > Hello, > > the Office 2003 Updates of March 2010 for Excel KB978474 + ...

old notebook
Hi, I have a very old notebook that support DDR ram (NEC E660), the specification saying that it only support max. 1G ram. Now I am running 256Mx2 ram. Can I upgrade it to 1Gx1 or can only upgrade it with 512Mx2 ram. Thanks a lot. yes peter -- If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate or disruptive,please ignore it. If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-) "bob" <bobby@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eCanYubiKHA.5020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > &...

Compacting issue after installing SP3
Prior to installing SP3, when I would compact a database that I had open, I received no prompt to enter a different file name, it just overwrote the old database. This was fine. It wasn't what I expected when I first did it, but it was fine. After installing SP3, Access still doesn't prompt me for a new name, it just goes ahead and puts the compacted version in a database called db1.mdb or db2.mdb, etc. depending upon what exists already. Right after the compact, Access doesn't open the newly compacted version, but the old uncompacted one. When I try to compact a database that...

shut off workflow temporarily
I would like to turn off workflow (Sharepoint GP integrated type) for my test company. I am doing testing in POP and don't want to have to submit for approval. I did not see workflow entries in dynamics.set or customization status window. ...

Install internet package for Windows
--xoubkpspovher Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wqmpfsfqrrfxdwliy"; type="multipart/alternative" --wqmpfsfqrrfxdwliy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lyosguoaxk" --lyosguoaxk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your ...

synch my notebooks
I work in onenote on my tablet and on a desktop that are not networked to eachother. I use a USB drive on the tablet. I'd like to synch it with my notebooks on the desktop. Any way I can do this? Thanks. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I work in onenote on my tablet and on a desktop that are not networked to > eachother. I use a USB drive on the tablet. I'd like to synch it with my > notebooks on the desktop. Any way I can do this? Thanks. Short answer: Your "original" notebooks should reside on the USB stick. They can then b...

.msi Installation Problem
Hi, I am installing the MSDE through my own dialog. I am installing it using the InstallMsiProduct, MsiSetExternalUI..... The problem I am facing now is that if I try to install the MSDE in a fresh machine (where only the OS is got installed) after the installation the system gets rebooted automatically!!! The thing is that I am including a messagebox to show the 'successfull installation message' and some messages in all the case: statements of 'TestMyBasicUIHandler' function to catch the error. But surprisingly when I install in the fresh machine NO messagebox is g...

Shutting off flags in Outlook 2007
How do I stop the message that says "message not sent" that pops up while composing e-mail? Is it an actual dialog box that comes up? What type of email account do you have configured in Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exc...

Lockbox Installation
Hi everyone: We are going to be purchasing the Lockbox module for Great Plains version 8.0. However, there does not appear to be any installation instructions anywhere. Does anyone know what we need to do to install Lockbox after we input our new registration keys? Any information would be helpful. Thank you, Jason ------=_NextPart_0001_8F4F86C6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Thank you for using news groups! Lock box does not have its own dictionary files and is included in the dynamics dictionary so you are correct there is no install procedure. On...

msoe.dll cannot be loaded, how to back up e-mails to re-install
does anyone know how to back up outlook e-mail without opening outlook? Hope someone can help. Thanks MSOE.dll is for Outlook Express, not Outlook. What are you actually trying to do and with what program, Outlook or Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked: | does anyone know how to back up outloo...

If question 01-11-10
I have imported into Excel our accounting spreadsheet. by way of example the accounting code for Contract labor is 601601 and it is located in the imported spreadsheet at A39. I want to do a logical If question and I get a fals reading. My formula is: =If([accountingfile.xlsx]sheet1!a39=601601,Q39,false) I get the false readin even if a39 = 601601, Why? The only thing I come up with is the formatting of the a39 cell in my imported file. I have tried to typoe in a39="601601 or a39= 601601 and a39='6016 and a39= '601601 I get the same false. I tried...

How do I install Publisher 2003
I purchased Publisher 2003 for Windows 2000 and XP but it won't install. -- Yvonne from Oz Do you get an error? You need to supply more information. Might turn off your firewall and anti-virus software before you install. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "OZ" <grssry@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:2AF90646-4207-404A-B23C-1C1C8D6AB633@microsoft.com... >I purchased Publisher 2003 for Windows 2000 and XP but it won't install. > -- > Yvonne from Oz -- Yvonne from Oz "Mar...

Canadian HR Self Services Module Installation
I believe I need the Canadian HR Self Services module but I do not see this as a selection on my Registration / installation of modules. My key should allow for installation of all modules. Does anyone know where I can install this module from? ...

Email Router Install/General Permissions Problems
While investigating the a problem of being unable to install the email router i have stumbled across a strange situation. The problem with installing the email router is the normal error message - server cannot be found or you do not have permission etc. I followed the 14 points here http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/msg/7c47b47a99133d56?q=exchange+email+router&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&rnum=1 I cannot get any xml data at the 2 pages mentioned but everything else is in order. my .srf mapping was missing but its been added ok. This is all installed on an...

Installing Reporting Services on Business Portal/SQL Server 2000 box
I have Windows 2003 Server running SQL 2000 and Great Plains. I've also got the Business Portal running on this box, but when I installed Reporting Services it didn't work correctly. I'm getting the following error message: Parser Error Message: File or assembly name Microsoft.BusinessFramework, or one of its dependencies, was not found. Source Error: Line 74: <add name="WindowsAuthentication" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsAuthenticationModule" /> Line 75: <!-- <add name="Session" type="System.Web.SessionState....

Outlook 2003 and Traveling Notebook
There has to be a simple answer to this but I cannot find it. We are using Outlook 2003 in our salepeople's notebook computers, and have our own internal mail server. When the salesmen are on the road they have the name of our mail server put into the SMTP and POP3 settings of the e-mail account. When they are in the office they have to put in the IP address of the local mail server to get it to work. I've tried listing the server in the hosts file, but then the e-mail doesn't work when they are on the road. I don't want to have to set up two e-mail accounts in Outloo...

New install problem!!
I have installed a new exc2k3 server in cluster configuration, but the default public folder does not appear in exchange system manager, i have no default public folder, how it's possible?!! in event viewer i have this issue, any help?! Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8197 Date: 12/6/2004 Time: 3:20:13 PM User: N/A Computer: <servername> Description: Error initializing session for virtual machine <servername>. The error number is 0x80040111. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. ...

repair a windows installation from within ANOTHER installation
Ok I hope that I am explaining this correctly: I had an issue with windows xp, and I wanted to repair it, but for some reason my disc (dont ask why) didnt give me a choice of repairing the windows installation..so I just installed another copy (now c: \windows.1 lets say) I dont want to go through the hassle of fixing everything, reinstalling my shortcuts, etc....I just want to be able to repair my ORIGINAL windows installation c:\windows. Is there a way, from the windows.1 installation, to repair the c:\windows installation? like doing the sfc /scanow but to scan the original w...

Types of notebooks.
Have a PC on Vista. Looking to buy a notebook. The ads show 3 different types: 1. Notebook 2. Netbook 3. emachines. What's the difference between the three? TIA On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:40:22 +0800, Ben Stevenson wrote: > Have a PC on Vista. > > Looking to buy a notebook. The ads show 3 different types: > > 1. Notebook > > 2. Netbook > > 3. emachines. > > What's the difference between the three? > > TIA A 'netbook' is basically, a miniaturized laptop. Generally, it has no CD/ DVD driv...

Problems with SFO after shutting down
Hi all, While one of our users was shutting down Outlook (incl. SFO MS CRM 1.2), several prompts appeared, he opted for OK to all prompts. Result is that within SFO he can no longer use the CRM actions buttons (they all disappeared), nor access the application webforms via the shortcuts. Trying to resolve this by be rechecking the MS CRM checkbox in COM Add-ins section (part of Advanced Options in Outlook) results in the option jumping back to unchecked status after closing the form. Does this imply the client needs a reinstall of SFO or is there another way to fix this? Thanx. Hi,...

Custom Number Format #11
I want a format that will show "35.4" as "35.4 lb/ft" and "35" as "35 lb/ft". The trick being the decimal is not shown for the second number. I currently use two different versions depending on the number, but I would like this to be automaticly done in the format. Assuming 35.4 is in A1, in another cell, enter =A1&" lb/ft". Drag that down the column to capture the 35 and change it to 35 lb/ft. Carole O "Sloth" wrote: > I want a format that will show "35.4" as "35.4 lb/ft" and "35" as &qu...

NoteBook 2010 Sharing Notebook
I been doing some beta testing in Notebook 2010. And for some reason I can't share notebooks. It says that Windows Live SkyDive is not available. And I don't even know what that is. What I'm looking for is some thing that I can share Notes from one or more persons on more then one PC. So that the ones are viewing can keep track of my Programing Project. Make notes or any changes made. Any one have any ideas on what to do and where to go. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I been doing some beta testing in Notebook 2010. And for some reason...

Installing CRM Server on AD Machine
When I try to install CRM Server on my AD Machine I am getting the following message: "Your Active Directory deployment must be in native mode." I was looking for some guidance... I am not sure where to go from here. Thank you in advance. First you need to switch to Native Mode, second forget doing it anyway for now, you can not install CRM on a DC. It will fail. Sorry fro the bad news. "Stan Guss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01e701c3c1ee$2c67c040$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to install CRM Server on my AD Machine I am &...