Media Player 11 in Windows XP multiple file playing problem

When I open several AVI or MPG files at once with the media player, after one
file finishes and the next starts, video is lost, only audio sounds. The
movie is playing but no video. If I switch resolutions or stop and play again
I can regain video. Any idea

Try updating your video card drivers to their latest version. Don't just
check Windows Update, but the manufacturer's website too.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

Victory wrote:
> When I open several AVI or MPG files at once with the media player, after one
> file finishes and the next starts, video is lost, only audio sounds. The
> movie is playing but no video. If I switch resolutions or stop and play again
> I can regain video. Any idea
0
Tim

Outlook 2003 in Windows 2000
A friend at work recently installed MS Outlook 2003 on his Windows 2000/NT by IT. A problem he has was that when he get email with urls on it, he has to close all his IE browsers that were already in use in order to click the url on his email. Any ideas on how to let the IE browsers stay open? Thanks Mike Is there a firewall/proxy running? That could be the problem. Also, like at my company, if the link is for a secure site, it will not work till we get past the proxy... <yared22311@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1102770904.531319.123020@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >A frie...

How to make CStatic been on top of all child windows in my dialog?
Hi there. I'm just expiriencing some problems with CStatic behaviour. The point is that I have some CStatic that I want to use as a nitification label. sometimes I need to show user some information and I want to do that the way when a Label appeare in the middle of the dialog and stay on top of all other controls placed o dialog. I use the following functions to make a CStatic visible and been on top, but it doesn't work well: ::SetWindowPos(m_lblPartsMsg.m_hWnd, HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | WP_NOSIZE ); Coudl you suggest me what I have to do to acchive the behaviour I ...

Can a paste another file into excel?
I was wondering if I could place a completely different worksheet into a exsiting worksheet. Kind of like how word you can "Insert a file"?? Thanks!! Hi Alesha, Depends on what you mean, but the answer is probably no, especially with your wording completely different. In Excel the columns are lettered (or numbered) and have the same width for all rows. You cannot plop another spreadsheet into a cell. You can create a complicated Form on a worksheet by including extra columns all over the place and then mering cells, but then the result is only good as a pretty form -- you can ...

windows live just stopped reconising my user name and password
live wont let me get my email it keeps saying my user name and password is incorrect,even tho its right? it works on other mail programs? getting very board of windows 7......it like going back to windows 98 problems Post the contents of the full error message, WLM version, and Windows = version. And...disable email scanning in your AV client. -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "djdee2" wrote in message = news:1BD3F038-5D06-4C2A-80BC-147A4BD0A290@microsoft.com... live wont let me get my email it keeps saying my user name and password is incorrect,even tho its = ...

XP and Outlook 2000 issues
Hi. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced any issues with running Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP machine. We have just migrated one of our office from NT to XP and are experience huge speed issues. Old PCs still on NT are not experienceing any issues. The issues seem to be that when you have AutoPreview turned on XP will pause while it seems to download an attachment. When you move to the next message the same thing occurs. If you then decide to open an attachment it opens Quickly (Exchange Server 5.5 is located at the end of a 512K pipe). On NT the opposite occurs, you can go throug...

cannot start Microsoft office. Cannot open the Outlook window. ol 2007
Computer info: Vista sp1 Office Pro 2007 sp2 MSO 12.0.6424.1000 attached to a AD Win 2003 network running Exchange 2003 sp2 What I was doing prior to receiving error: I was attempting to install Vista sp2, when I was notified that I must install a service pack version that was compatible with the languages installed on the system or remove the unneeded ones (only need US english). I decided to uninstall the unneeded languages. After completing the required reboot, I attempted to check my e-mail and got the error message... I get the this error message whenever I attempt to open outlo...

Media player queuing
I have (now) windows xp home, because windows blew up and I had to re-install my operating system. Before, I played audio tracks with my choice media player, Media Monkey. I could right-click an audio track in my comp and in the box that popped up, I could see these options : play next, play last (and more). I could queue several tracks in the player. Well, I've read every line of every catagory and sub-catagory in the player and can't figure out how to do that again! I DID right-click an audio file and chose : open with - then chose Monkey and also chose ALWAYS open the...

1.3R on Windows Vista
I need to get a new office workstation, the machine i want is only availalbe with Vista, will i be able to run RMS 1.3R (with most recent hot fixes) on this machine? I know RMS 2.0 is compatible with Vista - but I am still on 1.3. I can always buy the machine and load XP onto it, but i dont really want to do this unless i really must!!!! We put 1.3 on a Vista test machine and it was able to run just fine. That being said we did not extensively test all aspects of it, and customization worked sporadically because of the way Vista tries to emulate XP when dealing with programs not writ...

Date Formatting 02-11-10
I have a program that exports daily data to excel. However it exports dates in the following format: 15 Feb, 2011 In order to sort columns properly I need to change the dates to reflect: 02/15/11 Is there a way to do this. I cannot change it by simply formatting the cell to the date format Do a find & replace on the data to remove the comma. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "fluffy" wrote: > I have a program that exports daily data to excel. However it exports dates > in the followi...

Windows 7 Ultimate Edition and Media Extender XBOX 360.
Dear friends! I cannot get my XBOX 360 to communicate (via hard wire) to my WMC7 PC. I have tried everything i found on internet regarding this problem. This is the error message i've got in the Media Center Log: Media Center Extender Setup failed as the Extender was detected on the network but the UPnP search for the Extender failed (timed out after 20000ms). Som data about my environment: -Netgear Router FVS318v3 with latest firmware and UPNP enabled. UPNP works fine in my home network. -Xbox 360 and Windows 7 PC are on same neetwork. -Xbox 360 Live connections wor...

unable to open damaged excel file
I'm running on windows xp prof 2002, need to open a damaged excel file with excel 2002 (size of file:680kb). I was going through the procedure of deleting all temp files, but still can not open. Any one know a trick and how to open and get back the data (of which I have no backup unfortunetly). thanx Maybe OpenOffice can open it. (http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD) If the file is really important, there are commercial recovery services. I've never used it, but you might want to check into: http://www.officerecovery.com Pascal wrote: > > I'm running...

Can't save Excel file. Msg "File" is in use. Try again later.
Recently I've been getting the message "<Filename> is currently in use. Try again later." when I try to save certain Excel files. (Most of these are saved in compatibility mode.) Is there something I can do besides constantly saving under a new file name? My OS is XP Professional. ...

problems with e-mail a) junk and b) not removing from server?
Apologies for cross-posting (wasn't sure which of the two was the best forum to post this to) I admit, much as I'd like to use Outlook for e-mail, because I use newsgroups in the past I've always used Outlook Express for all my e-mail needs. With Office 2003 I finally decided to move across to Outlook (yet again it doesn't have a built-in news viewer...sigh). I have two fairly major problems... a) I've set up rules to move messages from different accounts into separate folders. These work well, but it seems TOO well. Occasionally Outlook will tell me that it has spotted ...

SafePay txt Files
I have a client who has numerous companies that initillize SafePay. The would like to combine all the txt files into one file to upload to the bank Any suggestions Found the following at the CustomerSource Knowledgebase: No, currently this feature is not available for Safe Pay. Right now, when you upload information to the .txt file for Safe Pay, this is must be done one company at a time. Also, if you tried to use the same .txt file for all companies, this would not work either because the file is not appended with each upload, it is overwritten every time. So, if you ran the upload...

Excel Macro 01-11-10
Hello, What I'm now trying to do is to set up a macro that unmerges 4 columns and then shifts the data in column to the next column (Example: Column B data to Column C), and then the other way around, (Column E data to Column D). I tried using a variety of cut and paste macros, however, I'm very new to macros. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a cl...

Max size of Money file?
Hi all, Is there a maximum size for Money file? I am worried because I have been using Money for many years and my file is now nearly 11MB. Thanks for any advice. There may be one, but it's MUCH larger than that. There's a limitations MSKB item, but I don't think it specifies any max file size. There are limits to the number of categories and accounts and so forth but they are all in the tens of thousands. My file is 61.7 MB this morning and has data collection from 1993 forward. I wouldn't worry and I surely wouldn't consider the File|Archive scheme. Is there a...

What is the fundamental knowledge to program in windows with MFC?
I have learnt C, C++, MFC,COM, and know a little about STL and windows programming. But I still have a lot of problem in programming. Who can tell me what is the next to learn? I am puzzling for monthes. Thank you. My two cents: you should get really good at the syntaxes you know before moving on to others. There is a difference between knowing syntax and being a programmer. You should contrive a project (if you don't have a real one) to give you the exercise of working through the challenges of writing a significant application. Then you will learn more about the flow of programm...

Certification
I would like to know details about the Microsoft CRM Customization Exam. I am a Application certified professional and I would like to know if the 2 exams are similar. Is the exam too difficult? Which is harder? The Application exam or the Customization exam? Thanks! -- Troy D. Chinula is the guy! http://www.ilovelive.com Microsoft CRM 3.0 certification will be available in February - I think so. I will also do that . Add me on msn mscrmexpert@gmail.com for more ... -- All about Microsoft CRM 3.0- read http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com "MATTBIONDI" wrote: > I would li...

Cannot load file.htc (DHTML behavior) in CSS from RES in CDHTMLDia
Hello everyone, I am developping an application that uses the CDHTMLDialog class for its Interface, within I display an HTML page (style with CSS and JavaScript). The HTML is loaded from the resources of the project. The images in the CSS are also loaded from the resources. As Internet Explorer does not allow the pseudo class :hover to be used on other elements than "a", I tried (as advised by Microsoft) to use the "behavior" CSS attribute. This attribute allows to define a DHTML behavior in a separated file with the extension ".htc" . Then I can define a ...

Newbie question: Getting checked builds of Windows XP
Where does one get checked builds of Windows XP? I'd like to install just the checked OS and HAL (per this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff547196.aspx), but there's no mention of where the checked versions of those files come from. It seems like this might be something one could get with an MSDN subscription, but after nosing around msdn.microsoft.com, I couldn't find a definitive answer; the MSDN download list for Windows XP (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/securedownloads/default.aspx) shows checked builds for only a couple of e...

returning to Office XP
I've had Outlook 2003 on my my machine for a few months now but have not been happy with it's performance at all. I've installed Business Contact Manager twice, both times the system has become unstable within a couple of days. This last time my system keeps shutting down and I have to reboot several times before my system will start up again. I've just had to do this again and when I went to Outlook I discover that ALL my inbox has dissappeared, the business tools menu has gone, and when trying to open a Business Contact Outlook displays an error 'cannot find for...

cell address problem
in Excel 2002, my column names have changed from letters to numbers. how do I change them back? -- solrac99 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ solrac99's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23899 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375316 Tools>Options>General Uncheck R1C1 Reference style Does that help? Ro -- Ron Coderr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo...

Windows 2008 R2 and SQL SSMSE installation
Hi, I am tring to install SQL 2008 R2 and SSMSE on a Server 2008 Server that has already been upgraded to Powershell V2. I have been unable to get Powershell V1 installed, even after removing PoshV2, and downloading Poshv1, I get an error installing Posh V1, says this update does not apply to your system. If I install powershell via the deature mangement tool, it installs V2. So how in the heck can I install SQL and SSMSE on Server 2008 R2, if SSMSE requires PoshV1, and 2008 R2 comes with v2 by default? Why does SSMSE hangup on v1 so much, isnt Posh suppose to be backwar...

order of PST files appearing in the Folder List
Hello, I create .pst files with various names, to store emails in. For my work. I keep histories of messages, etc., One thing i would like to be able to do is to have the ability to dictate which order the pst files appear in the folder list. is there any way to do this? thank you, No, they'll always appear alphabetically. You'd have to name them in such a way that alphabetical order is also the order you want the files to appear in. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to pr...

Modified Note Window
I have modified the Note window to remove the delete button and removed the functionally behind it as well. My client frequently has the note window open for one customer and minimizes it and opens another customers notes. When you open the note window for a second time it does not bring up the modified window, it brings up the original window before the modifications. Can anyone tell me if this can be fixed or if this is a bug in GP's. -- Have a great day! W Sue Sue, There are 5 note windows that need to be modified in the same manner. More than likely you only modified th...