Library recently added

I use the library recently added view a lot because I go through a lot of
albums and it annoys me that I cannot specify or even influence the content
of this category.
Firstly because I buy a lot of albums I would like to specify the number of
albums that are in the recently added section. eg. 10
Secondly because I loose track of how long I have been listening to
something I would like to specify the amount of time that it is included in
the recently added music, so that I ensure that I give music a fair chance
and get some decent value from it.

This is to stop the recently added view coming up empty and losing track of
music because of the amount of time I have been listening to it, or the
number of albums that I had bought.

I can imagine that people will suggest that I use playlist and group albums,
but I do and that would not serve the temporary function of what I desire.

The Recently Added view doesn't allow any customization, but most of the
things you are asking for can be achieved with an auto playlist instead.
Right-click Playlists on the left and select Create Auto Playlist. See
http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/WMP/Playlist.htm for more info
about auto playlists.

You can start by adding a Date added criterion (e.g. "Date added Is
After Last 30 Days"). Then, add other criteria for your specific needs.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

On 28/04/2010 16:38, knightmt wrote:
> I use the library recently added view a lot because I go through a lot of
> albums and it annoys me that I cannot specify or even influence the content
> of this category.
> Firstly because I buy a lot of albums I would like to specify the number of
> albums that are in the recently added section. eg. 10
> Secondly because I loose track of how long I have been listening to
> something I would like to specify the amount of time that it is included in
> the recently added music, so that I ensure that I give music a fair chance
> and get some decent value from it.
>
> This is to stop the recently added view coming up empty and losing track of
> music because of the amount of time I have been listening to it, or the
> number of albums that I had bought.
>
> I can imagine that people will suggest that I use playlist and group albums,
> but I do and that would not serve the temporary function of what I desire.
0
Tim

Adding new records
I am new to access but i'm pretty sure i've done a good job....untill now. I have created a database that strictly stores information and does not need to do any calculations. my database is 7 forms and 7 tables kind of like a survey. the problem i am facing is that i am supposed to be improving an existing database that contains 396 records. My database shows all these records across all my forms properly and effectively. The problem is when i wish to add a new record. My main form with an autonumber will add the new record and give it an ID. but when i click on one of the butt...

after adding data, grafics not calculated until save and reload
I have a speadsheet ~52MB used for 42MB without problems in which I select y a list and with Vlookup analyse a subset to produce grafics of the data I have added some data ( of last year ) on one sheet of that now the grafic sheets wil not be recalculated until I save and reload the whole sheet I tried already: coppy the project coppy all sheets to a new project make a new grafic ( out of 30 grafic) reset fonts on the grafic sheets renewed title e.g. delete the added data of course I can start all over but that meens a 14 day job and no guaranty that is will help does some one know how ...

ad-hoc mode and 802.11g as a requirement
my NDIS IM adds some network functionality which is possible only in ad-hoc mode of the wifi network and only if the modulation is OFDM and not DSSS. (802.11b is DSSS and 802.11g is OFDM) i reserved a particular SSID as an indication to my driver to activate itself. i want to make it disconnect the media if it doesn't qualify, then force 802.11g mode, then retry the media connection. also i don't want to force anything that is not related to that specific SSID. q1. how to check (from a usermode application) if the adapter is at all capable of ad-hoc on g? (the application ...

No Operating System on the PC I purchased from library yesterday
Howdy there all you folks, wuz happening, I dont know. I have a suggestion to make here to yal, I purchased a gateway desktop PC from my local library yesterday for only 10 dollars right, they said it do not have a operating system on it, well it have 128 MB RAM on it though, last night I tried installing windows xp home edition service pack 2 right, well its telling me that I need to install a full version of an previous version of windows like 98, 2000 professional, or Millenium Edition and then I can upgade from that and be on my way to surfing online, well all I have is windows xp h...

Mailbox problem with AD
After create a mailbox-enable user in AD however even after an hour, I still can't find the mailbox in the mailstore. How come...? -- Portland St. "lamlam" wrote: > After create a mailbox-enable user in AD however even after an hour, I still > can't find the mailbox in the mailstore. How come...? > -- > Portland St. The Mailbox will only show once the user has logged onto Outlook or a mail message is sent to the mailbox. If the acount shows in the Global Address List then you do not have a problem... ...

Adding attributes to product list of equipment
It has always worked before, but now it fails and I get an error, "An error as occured. For more information contact your system administrator" (ME) Not much information to go on. Both the CRM server and SQL have been rebooted and critical updates applied, Any ideas? -- John G That error could mean other issues but I got it a few times where I had installed the Rollup 1 and it involved specifically this hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/912061/en-us I was able to resolve in all cases by following the steps in respect to the Microsoft.crm.MetadataService.d...

AutoUpdate did not capture recent update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I had to download the 12.0.1 update directly from the Web site. Is AutoUpdate broken? Thanks a lot. Peace. I don't think the 12.0.1 update has been posted to the AutoUpdate server yet. However, you can get the update from the Microsoft site at this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx> On 3/12/08 8:48 PM, in article ee93a28.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "MuzikJunky@officeformac.com" <MuzikJunky@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > > I had...

How to stop montly removal of recently used files in Word, etc?
Every montht eh list of recently used files in Word and Excel dissapears. How can this be changed? is tis arbbitraty adn idiotic. Thanks! Offfice 2003 -- Don @ Black Dog Architects That is typically the result of the user running some "clean-up" or "Privacy" software. Office is the victim, not the cause. Don wrote: > Every montht eh list of recently used files in Word and Excel dissapears. How > can this be changed? is tis arbbitraty adn idiotic. Thanks! > Offfice 2003 ...

Adding text to all outgoing messages...
I would like to add a text message to all outgoing mail messages. How can i do this ? Carlos for your text (assuming you are usaing exchange)... http://www.gfi.com/downloads/downloads.aspx?pid=ME&lid=en They provide a free version that does disclaimers. "Carlos Mendes" wrote: > I would like to add a text message to all outgoing mail messages. How > can i do this ? > > Carlos > check this vbs sample http://www.aloaha.com/article/eventsink.html "Carlos Mendes" <cjmendes@confetil.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:51esu09sh1tpfl4usbfbht083cq970...

Adding another GAL
Hello, my name is Brian Swanson. My company just recently purchased another corporation and they would like to add all the email addresses from there Exchange Server into our Exchange Server. We are not on the same netowk yet nor are we a trusted entitiy with them yet. This will be done in the future but until then we like to add each other's GAL to the appropiate Exchange Server. We are currently running 5.5 and will be upgrading after the merger is done. We will be 2003 then with AD. Big jump I know. http://www.cps-systems.com/ "Brian Swanson" <swansonbd@uticorporation.c...

adding cells in different work sheets
Hi I would like to know how do you add certain cells in different worksheets when they are not identical sheets. For example, I am adding up totals in all the sheets, but the total cell is in a different place in each sheet. best to put in the same place and us =sum(sheet1:sheetfinal!a1) or =sheet1a2+sheet2!a6 etc -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "dmedina" <dmedina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCFB7A34-5DA2-4742-9A64-24D610ABE9C7@microsoft.com... > Hi > I would like to know how do you add certain cells in different worksheets >...

Adding a note to the calander
Hi guys, Does anyone know how can I add a note to the calander which will, for example, notify me that on this date I talked to someone important, or ordered something in a store, etc. Is there a native way to do it, or is there an add-in for it? Thanks, Tal! dushkin@012.net.il wrote: > Hi guys, > > Does anyone know how can I add a note to the calander which will, for > example, notify me that on this date I talked to someone important, or > ordered something in a store, etc. Is there a native way to do it, or > is there an add-in for it? > > Thanks, Tal! You can ...

Adding in Excel Revised
I have a spreadsheet from Pay pal. It lists many columns and cells. For example in one of the COLUMNS (column D) it lists the words"us postal" which are postal fees I incurred, for debits and their are names listed beneath them as credits for paid sales. The actual numbers show in column H that I need to add up that are currently showing as debits. I do not want to add the credits in column H. Since Column H shows debits and credits- I need to separate these out and add the debits for total ship fees. I want to add up only the "us postal" fees in total IN THE COL...

Publisher is adding a white box around a picture
I am doing a catalog merge in Publisher. I use EPS to inport into the document. The pictures do not have a border around them but after I pdf out of publisher and open in corel x4 there is a white square border around the picture. I have checked the printer settings and don't see anything checked there. Also in formatting it is set to have no border?? Thanks! Have you considered .png? Are looking for the.eps. to have a transparent background? Are you importing into Corel as an Ecapsulated Postscript or Postscript Interpreted? Usually the latter will have a transparent backgroun...

Adding a WaterMark
How do I add a watermark within Excel? thanks for any help Chris, Many examples, but my favourite is at Aaron Blood's website at http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html Ron de Bruin has a utility at http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip An finally, if you're using Excel 2002, look for "Watermarks using Excel XP" at this site: http://cpap.com.br/orlando -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Chris" <cveniegas@trihydro.com> wrote in message news:...

adding new users
This is a new box running server 2008. There's a share off the root called *Users*. It is not hidden. In the user's AD Properties > Profile tab, I select Connect, the drive letter and enter: \\ServerName\users\%username%$ But I end up with a folder called userName$, instead of the folder being hidden. Even if I enter the actual username, instead of the username variable, I still get the name with a dollar sign appended to the end. How do I get this to work so that the home folder is hidden, and doesn't have the dollar sign? Thanks You should specify hi...

Adding segment descriptions after original account set-up
We are implementing the Forecaster product for Micorsoft Dynamics. During this process I have discovered that all the segments were not correctly labled and now the Expresslink is overwriting my lables in Forcaster. Does anyone know how to edit the account segment description after the accounts have been set up, possibly an edit through IM? Kathleen Brooke Corporate Controller Overland Solutions, Inc. I have done this several times using a Macro and mail merge. I don't know of any IM solution. Post back if you do not know how to use a macro with Word Mail Merge. "Kathle...

unable to access my recent documents icon in word and publisher
unable to access my recent documents icon in word and publisher- HOW CAN i TURN ON RECENT DOCUMENT FEATURE? Perhaps you are running one of those Windows utilities that clears all kinds of history lists? If so, turn it off. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Oliviachamp" wrote: > unable to access my recent documents icon in word and publisher- HOW CAN i > TURN ON RECENT DOCUMENT FEATURE? ...

Adding zero prefix to no's
I have 500 cells typed as 1234567/1. But I need them to read as 01234567/01 (8 digits at the beginning, but the first digit must be a zero - followed by a slash - followed by 2 digits). Any suggestions how I can do this automatically? One way .. Assuming the data is in A1 down Put in B1: =0&LEFT(A1,SEARCH("/",A1)-1)&"/"&0&MID(A1,SEARCH ("/",A1)+1,99) Copy down -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Cheryl W" <Cheryl W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

"recently used files" not working
in the file menu, there used to be a way to select the most recently open files. this option is gone. I can't switch it on in the Tools->Options->General tab, since this option is greyed out there. same for excel, powerpoint and word (office 2003) what could be the problem? I was not able to find more info on the microsoft web. it only mentions the way to enable/disable thtough the options. but exactly this I cannot do... :-( thanks for any hint. dan got it sorted out... my fault.. the answer was here http://groups.google.ch/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23OB7...

Other problem with recent update that locks you out without product key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't get into my Office anymore either until I locate my product key, but I'm also finding that I'm getting a sound stutter when I watch movies online with Netflix. This wasn't happening before the download and I don't get the stutter when I switch to Windows operating system. Is anyone else having this trouble and have you been able to fix it? Thanks. Hey !! I can't get into my Office anymore either until I locate my product key because on my mac, download updates come through automatically. ...

Adding late fees automatically
I work for a property management company and details of our rental properties are stored in Excel workbooks, one month to a worksheet. I have been asked to make the spreadsheets automatically change the value of the "Late fee" column to $60 on the 5th of each month if the rent has not been paid (ie if the following column is blank). I need to know if this is possible in Excel, and if so, how do I do it? =IF(AND(B2="",DAY(TODAY())=>5),60,0) assuming the rent is in B2 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Nick Xylas" <...

Delete a file from sharepoint Library
Hi I am trying to delete document library. I found the folowing piece of code deleting the file , this coding is working fine in the Security Level is domain, but it didn't work form security option in full truested mode . Code try { // Create an xmlhttp object. var oXmlHttp = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP"); // Check whether the document with the same name already exists on SharePoint Team Services (STS). oXmlHttp.Open("DELETE", strUrl, false) oXmlHttp.Send(); } catch (ex) { XDocument.UI.Alert("Cancel failed due to the fo...

Mailboxes that are not AD users
Can Exchange have a mailbox that is not an AD user? Thanks The general answer is no but what wouls you like to do in the first place? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm * Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only "Ron" <ron@nospam.com> wrote in message news:137a001c443d4$5c29af60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can Exchange have a mailbox that is not an AD ...

Installation Problem
I am installing CRM on a SBS 2003 system. I have been careful, so am surprised to have the following problem. I am at "Add a License Key" on page 139 of Implementation Guide. When starting the Deployment manager, I get "Snap- in failed to initalize". Any ideas?? The only part of the installation so far that might have tricked me was the adding of members to the Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access Group (page 138). I could not add the server name (MMSBSSERVER) or "localsystem", so I added "Local Service" as a member. Ken; usually when you get ...