How to stop Media Player from changing playlist names?

How can I stop Windows Media Player from changing my playlist names by
inserting a "My Playlist - " in front of the name I give to the playlist?

For example, if I name a playlist "ABC"  the next time I start up WMP, I
find it now has a name of  "My Playlist - ABC".  I rename it back to ABC but
then the next time I start it up, it's back to My Playlist - ABC.

Any idea why this is happening and how I can make it stop?

Using WMP 11 on Win XP.

TIA.

I have never seen WMP doing this, so it's probably caused by a third
party program or plug-in. Try disabling all plug-ins in WMP's Options.

Was it always like this or did it start happening recently? Did you
lately install any WMP-related or media software?

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

BillS wrote:
> How can I stop Windows Media Player from changing my playlist names by
> inserting a "My Playlist - " in front of the name I give to the playlist?
>
> For example, if I name a playlist "ABC"  the next time I start up WMP, I
> find it now has a name of  "My Playlist - ABC".  I rename it back to ABC but
> then the next time I start it up, it's back to My Playlist - ABC.
>
> Any idea why this is happening and how I can make it stop?
>
> Using WMP 11 on Win XP.
>
> TIA.
0
Tim

changing the default for line connectors
I'm using the Flowcharting template and cannot figure out how to change the default line color to black and the connector type to straight connector. I can change individual lines once they've been made first by right clicking and changing to straight, and then to format/line/color, but once I create a new line, it automatically goes back to the square connector and blue line. I've even tried the format/line/color before putting in lines, and it still defaults back to blue. Please help! ...

Hyperlinks in outlook messages open with media player
Hi, Whenever i try to click a hyperlink from an email in outlook it tries to upen it with media player. Any help on how i can resolve this would be helpful. ...

stops responding

Change font colours while protected
How can I let other user's change the font colour without unprotecting sheet. Regards Chris While protecting the worksheet Check the Format Cells Check box and enter your protection password and give ok Alt+T+P+P>>Allow All User of this Worksheet to:>>Check the Format Cells check box Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Chris" wrote: > How can I let other user's change the font colour without unprotecting sheet. > Regards > Chris I Have excel 2003 and when I e...

long name for logon script user
in the domain I have thousands of users, each with its logonscript, according as it will have a different user: eg "user1" has the logon script: "user.vbs normal" and "user2" has "privileged user.vbs" (both with spaces) [image: http://img521.imageshack.us/i/borame.jpg/][image: http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8361/borame.jpg] If clients are Windows XP these scripts are executed, but if they are Windows Vista or Windows 7, not work. It appears that the cause are the quotes, but are necessary because the file name contains spaces. It is...

Remove comma from Org Name
I planning to do a 1.2 install. Just wondering if we are still removing the comma from the org name like 1.0. Ex: Company XXX, Inc. => Company XXX Inc. Yes, we had to do that with our 1.2 install. "Tony Nguyen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b56801c3ec3a$1352fd10$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I planning to do a 1.2 install. Just wondering if we are > still removing the comma from the org name like 1.0. > Ex: Company XXX, Inc. => Company XXX Inc. ...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

unable to select names in contacts folder
Hi I am using Outlook 2003 in Windows Vista Home 32bit. I have about 3000 names in my contact list. However, when I compose a new email, the contacts list is empty and I am unable to select any email address. It showed my hotmail address book instead. Please help. Thanks. There is no information here. What is your "contact list?" Outlook uses no such term. If you want to use your own term please define it for us. You did not specify in which view do your contacts not appear. How did you configure the address book view in Outlook? -- Russ Valentine "Destang...

change customer purchase history
Is there a way to change customer purchase history? We have several transactions that were rung under the incorrect customer. It would be nice if we could assign those transactions to the correct customer. MP The only way of doing this would be to run a sql query. In order to do this you need an understanding of how to write sql queries as well. If you have an understanding, you can use [Transaction].CustomerID and [Transaction].TransactionNumber to assign those several transactions to the correct Customer. Otherwise, I would suggest contacting your RMS Partner to help with this. Rob...

WMP12 Always "Updateing Media Library".
Does anyone know if or when MS is going to fix this issue? OR Does anyone know of a current fix (other than going to WMP11) ? On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 08:34:02 -0800, RReid <RReid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if or when MS is going to fix this issue? >OR >Does anyone know of a current fix (other than going to WMP11) ? Sorry which issue do you mean ? It's impossible to tell from your description whay you're on about... Cheers - Neil ------------------------------------------------ Digital Media MVP : 2004-2009 http://mvp.support.micro...

Tracking changes on OUtlook 2000 reolys
We are not able to turn on the tracking changes under Outlook 2000. It works fine under Word, but Outlook has it greyed out. We seem to have the same problem with Outlook 2003. Outlook 97 works just fine. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

recipient policy stopped working

Changing the Password for the Mail Services Account
Is there an issues with doing this on an exchange 5.5 server. I think not, but figure I would ask first. Thanks, SRG Actually, yes there are issues. In addition to changing the password from within User Manager, you would also need to change the password on all of the Exchange Services in the Services applet (Control Panel, Services) as they run under the context of that user account, and also in Exchange Admin on the properties of the Configuration container, Service Account Password tab. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "SRG" <mlaufer@srg.com> wrote in message news:ae...

Check Name Dialogue
Does anyone know whether it is to change the order of the column heading in the "check names" dialogue box. Specifically to place the E-mail Type field first (in order to check whether the address is an e-mail or fax #). That interface is not configurable. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "KEllis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08c301c3b5be$ef885990$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know whether it is to change the order of the > column heading in the "check names" dialogue box. > Specifically to place the E-mail Typ...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

ref: exchange server still keeps a removed exch- svr name
Thanks for your respond What happen was that a server was setup with exchange 5.5 for testing purposes in an testing lab than later, by accident, it was placed on the network for about 5 minutes. It was removed from the network because a tech realized that this server was configured with exchange 5.5. Currently we have a server that is configured to with exchange 5.5 on the network. It is noticed on office 2003 professional that when the currently exchanger server name is used along with a mailbox name followed by clicking the CHECK NAME, the exchange server that was accidently pla...

File name change
I am very new with Exel The following works, even though it might not be pretty. But what I want to do is to be able to run this after changing the file name Follow_up.xls to, for example, 1234.xls. The value 1234 is the sum of A3, so I put it in a variable - myFolder1 - How do I enter it into the - Windows("Follow_up.xls").Activate - line, in the place of "Follow_up.xls" Sub List_Req2() Dim myFolder1 As String Range("A3").Select Selection.Copy Range("G3").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ Fal...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

Changing Background Color in a CStatic object
I'm trying to change the background of a static text string within a CFormView dialog box. I can change the background of the dialog box, but not the static strings, e.g., the dialog box is set to white, but the background of the CStatic text string is still gray. I've tried trapping out the object when I get the WM_ERASEBKGND for the dialog box, but no success. Any ideas? Joseph Rooney wrote: > I'm trying to change the background of a static text string within a > CFormView dialog box. I can change the background of the dialog box, but not > the static strings, e.g.,...

OWA 2000 change password feature doesn't work
I cannot get the 'change password' button to work in OWA. I'm running an OWA front-end server running Exchange 2000 post SP3 rollup on Windows 2000 Server SP4. I have it configured for require SSL only. My Exchange 2000 backend servers are Exchange 2000 post SP3 rollup on Windows 2000 Server SP4 as well. My domain controllers are Windows 2003 Servers in 2003 native-mode. All are in the same domain. I have even created the virtual directory IISADMPWD and pointed it to the \winnt\system32\inetsrv\iisadmpwd directory. The directory has .htr files in it. The last thing I try wa...

cannot change default pop3 banner in
So far I was able to change the default SMTP banner on my Exchange 2003 Server using the following article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555080? but I can't find any good document regarding changing default POP3 banner on Exchange 2003. I found this on: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=303513 but it tells you to use 'smtpmd' tool which I don't have the access to. Could anyone provide me with the link to download 'smtpmd' or link with the good document describing how to change POP3 banner on exchange 2003... Thanx in advance! Peter On Sun, 1 Ja...

Contract line invoice date changing when line is cancelled
Is there a way to keep the contract line invoice date from changing to the cancelled "as of" date when cancelling a contract line? We bill in advance and would like the invoice date to remain as is. Example: inv dt: 12/1/06 coverage dates: 12/1/06 - 12/31/06 After cancelling the line as of 12/14/06: inv dt: 12/14/06 coverage dates: 12/1/06 - 12/14/06 ...