Genuine Validation Check

I legitimately own a number of copies of Windows XP and I wish to install
Media Player 11 on those PCs. The problem is that the PCs are part of a
secure system which has no internet connection and can never be connected to
the internet. Is there an alternative way to validate my Media Player 11
installations? e.g. Telephone? Or email?

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 05:36:02 -0800, Simon
<Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I legitimately own a number of copies of Windows XP and I wish to install
>Media Player 11 on those PCs. The problem is that the PCs are part of a
>secure system which has no internet connection and can never be connected to
>the internet. Is there an alternative way to validate my Media Player 11
>installations? e.g. Telephone? Or email?

It should be possible to use the tool mentioned here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905474 offline :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=afd45b36-3d77-4259-801c-d31a9a90cdcf

You'd need some brief form of internet connection, a USB stick, and an
internal file share.network, or a pair of sneakers ("sneakernet") to
walk round to each PC to install WGA.

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
0
Neil

looking for genuine Microsoft Excel 95
Hi, my name is Rene Poeltl I'm located in Vienna in Austria in Europe. I recently tried to buy a version of Microsoft Excel 95 or Office 95 but could not get a genuine Microsoft retail CD-Version full version (I don't want OEM or update). If there's someone who has such software (has to be genuine, please don't waste my time if you wanna sell a pirate copy) I'm looking forward to buy from him or her. My email is rene.poeltl@pro-life.at Thanks. ...

Multiple check deposits from yourself
I remember a while back someone asked how to record a transaction in which you wrote yourself several checks from one account and deposited them all at once to another account. I did exactly this the other day and wanted to share how it can be done: First go to the register for the account you are depositing the checks to. Instead of clicking "transfer", select "deposit". Then click to split the categories. From here enter each check as a seperate split transfer category from your other account. It may be helpful to enter check numbers on the memo line since you can't ...

Address Validation and Sales Tax
I am looking for a Sales Tax software that has an address validation all the way down to the Suite or Apartment number. Does anyone know of something that will integrate with GP10 ? It sounds you need a combination of address validation -- something like ZipAssist from Accountable Software (http://www.accountable.com/ZipAssist.asp?Product=ZipAssist) and a sales tax calculation program like Sabrix (http://www.sabrix.com/smb/integrations/microsoft-dynamics-gp.php), TaxAssist from I.B.I.S. (http://www.ibisinc.com/IBIS_Products_TaxAssist.html), or AvaTax OnDemand from Avalara (http://ww...

data lookup/validation syntax
In Excel 2007 I have a sheet "sheet1" which has a part number in a cell. (A5) I want cell (D5) to have a data validation drop down menu which is populated from "sheet2". Sheet2 data looks something like this: Column A Column B partnumber1 tradename1 partnumber1 tradename2 partnumber1 tradename3 partnumber2 tradename4 partnumber3 tradename5 partnumber3 tradename6 etc etc etc........... The drop down in (D5) sheet1 should only contain tradenames which have partnumber matching (A5) sheet1. Ideas? Can I use SQL synt...

how to use ado to check a field is nullallowable(SQL Server)?
I use ado to operate a database in SQLServer 2k.On the occasion that addnew NULL value to a field not nullallowable, an exception will be thrown.So I need to check whether the field is nullallowable or not before addnew. my question is how to check a field is nullallowable. thanks! best regards, kywoo Get the Field object, check its attribute by (Field::GetAttributes or maybe Field::get_Attributes) the attribute "adFldIsNullable" is what you want. "kywoo" <kywoo@tongji.edu.cn> wrote in message news:%23bcHqYvhDHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I use ado to opera...

Money 2002
When I enter info in the 'balance this account' boxes, then click 'Next', nothing happens. Any advice? Thanks in advance. See if this happens in a new file. If so, there's potentially a problem with your installation. I would suggest that you uninstall Money and reinstall Money to a new directory. If not, there's a problem with your file, and perhaps running salv.exe on it would help. Salv is located in the PSS folder underneath your Money program folder. -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&a...

writing own validation routines
hello, I wanted to know how to write our own validation routines instead of the default MFC routines which are called for a user input given in a edit box.I tried to search on net.I found examples for DDX routines bu t not for DDV rotuines. Please can somebody provide an example or some reference steps thanks in advance > I wanted to know how to write our own validation routines instead >of the default MFC routines which are called for a user input given in a edit >box.I tried to search on net.I found examples for DDX routines bu t not for >DDV rotuines. ...

MS Office tells me it is not Genuine
Lately, whenever I start a session with an MS Office application, I get a message that the copy of Office I am using is not genuine. I own 2 computers and own 2 MS Office licenses, and I am not entirely sure which copy of Office was purchased for which PC. I suspect that the source of the not genuine message is that I may have used the same disk and/or license key to install Office on both of the computers. Is there any way to look at my installed Office instances to determine what key was used on what PC? The ProductID should be in Help ... About. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP...

How to validate CEdit only number input?
I use Visual C++ 4.2 Professional. I want to validate so that user only able to input numeric values. I've looked for the keydown notify message, but I could not find one. I've tried to trap the input by deriving a new class named CEditExt from CEdit and make OnChar event but it did not work, I've debugged it but when I press any non-numeric key, the program sequence did not entering the OnChar event. What is wrong? I've attached my codes below: Thank you very much. in .cpp file: // CEditExt IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC(CEditExt, CEdit) BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CEditExt, CEdit) O...

Data validation function and drop-down lists
I am sending this to several newsgroups, because I am not sure which one is the most appropriate. I am using the "Data Validation" function of Excel to create drop-down lists. Is there any way to control the font size of the items in the drop-down list without changing the zoom (view) function of the whole spreadsheet? Thank you. Colleen No there isn't. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Colleen" <meterri@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:2jIOf.7354$S25.3378@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I am sending this to several newsgroups, because I am...

Initiating code utilizing drop down (Data Validation)
I would like to be able to initiate some VBA code when the value of a cell changes when a user selects a specific value from a drop down list. List is created by using Data -> Validation. It is not a drop down box that is created by using the Component toolbox. does anyone know if I can initialize code this way? I have been unable to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Kirk Kirk, Use the Worksheet_Change event in the sheet module (not a regular code module). It fires with a change to any cell in the sheet, so you may have to test to determine which cell wa...

Microsoft Genuine Advantage issue?
I've got a strange Outlook issue that started after an update brought down 'Microsoft Genuine Advantage' for Office. I've got Office 2003 Professional on Vista Home Premium (32bit) that's been running just fine for months. Yesterday, Vista decided to download this Office 'update' and it did it for both Office 2003 *and* 2007 - no idea why it threw 2007 into the mix other than I may have run and uninstalled a trial version of it for a moment or two back when I first built the machine, but I think that is where things are going wrong. The next time I went in...

Checking A/C not on Pocket PC
My checking account does not appear in my Pocket PC version of Money. A lady in Microsoft said it was becasue it was not linked to an online institution ( My bank does not link electronically to ms money ) Is there a workaround ?? Pat So what the Microsoft lady is telling you is that if you manually enter transactions, Money for PocketPC is utterly useless? That's not passing a reasonableness test here. "Pat Coleman" <pcoleman@foodireland.com> wrote in message news:OM62uzBfFHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > My checking account does not appear in my Pocket PC ver...

LDAP and Check Names
Our current setup is Outlook 2003 connecting to an Exchange 5.5 server. For reasons I shan't go into, this configuration cannot be changed. I have added our organisations LDAP server into Outlook and if you open the adress book and search the LDAP directory it returns the expected results. However, if you set Outlook to search the LDAP directory first (via the Tools menu in the Address Book), type a name into the "To" box and then click Check Names, Outlook fails to return any matches, but does give the following error: "The search request to the LDAP Direc...

modifying check remittance in report writer
We have a few modified reports already. I'm attempting to add Comment1 from the Vendor Card (field appears in the work file listed for that report). I tried placing it in various places on the report, but it doesn't seem to print out. I have already changed the security so that my login allows me to use that modified report in our test company. What I'm trying to do is use that field for the vendor's email address, which I would use as a trigger in an external print stream process to send an email with the check remittance info. Why not use the RW_GetInternetInfo or RW_...

spell check stopped working
Has anyone had the problem of spell check to stop working in Outlook? When I click on the spell check icon in a new message I get "Error occured while checking spelling." Thanks for any help out there. Sherry No, never had the problem. What version of Outlook (not Express) are you using? Do you have Word set as the message editor? Have you tried detect and repair? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without re...

how do I get the check mark to appear in the box I have placed
How do I get the check mark to appear in the box I have placed on my spread sheet i.e for reply, urgent, for review What type of "Box" have you created? What checkmark is it? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 14:41:19 -0700, Dawn <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I get the check mark to appear in the box I have placed on my spread >sheet >i.e for reply, urgent, for review I would put an X in a cell. Dawn wrote: > > How do I get the check mark to appear in the box I have placed on my spread > sheet > i.e for reply, urgent...

Validation cell in UDF?
I want to use a user-defined function as part of a cell validation routine. Is there a way from within the function to determine what cell is being validated? Does anyone have examples of something similar? Thanks, -- Greg Greg, Try Application.Caller.Address -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Greg Allen" <gregory.allen@sierraatlantic.com> wrote in message news:e1zFRUYfIHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I want to use a user-defined function as part of a cell validation routine. > Is there a way ...

Data Validation List Names
I have Excel 2007 and am attempting to use the data validation tool. I have created several lists in a separate worksheet and named them (In the name box). My drop down and options have shown correctly. However, I now need to make a few changes to the lists. I added a few extra cells with data to one of the lists and would like these options included in the drop down field on the main spreadsheet. Can someone tell me how to re-name my 'source' (list or range of cells) so that the added cells are now being referenced as well and all options show in the drop down? ...

How did my genuine MS Office Professional 2007 become un-genuine?
I have the disks for which I paid good money right here in front of me as I write. When I loaded it originally it went on line and it said yes everything is hunky-dory your copy is genuine. When I allowed the recent Service Pack -- I think it was 1 - to go on I started getting messages to the effect that my copy is not genuine. What is going on? Thank You, -plh ...

adding/checking records via vbcode
Hi again,I hope this is a good way of doing what i want to achieve...I have a table thats going to record all new invoice amounts and payments... it looks like this..table.IDtable.CustomerIDtable.invoiceNumbertable.recordDatetable.invoiceAmount (defaulted to 0 unless changed)table.customerPayment (defaulted to 0 unless changed)table.paymentTypeThe idea is that when producing an invoice, it records the invoice in this table and later when someone pays (even if its not the correct amount, i can record it here)..I have a button on the invoice form which normally saves the record.. I would like to...

Printing Laser Standard checks in M2005
Apparently something was "fixed" in Money 2005 that wasn't broken in Money 2004. Using "Laser Standard" as the check type, the line on my checks that prints the amount in words (e.g., "Twenty-seven and 34/100******") does not extend across the width of the check anymore. Depending on the amount of the check, that line might extend anywhere from 25% - 65% across the width of the check, leaving a noticeable gap. This is the first version of Money where this has occurred (at least for me). Money Support determined that "this is how the product wor...

Users "don't have valid e-mail addresses" in workflows
Hi! I try to create a workflow that should mail users when they're assigned stuff in CRM 4. I put either Owner or User(Owner(User)) in the to field, but the workflow hangs on wait claiming the users don't have valid e-mail addresses. All users have a valid entry in the "Primary E-mail" field. -- Lars-Erik what value u have in FROM field ? In form assistance try with these values . Look for Account owner (User) user /Aamir Of course. That's what I get for not being thorough. :) The from user did not have a valid e-mail. Thanks. L-E Super ! /Aamir ...

How to check for a bold text formating through (in) a formula?
Hello experts! How to check for a bold text formatting through (in) a formula? A simple UDF will do it Function IsBold(rng As Range) As Boolean Application.Volatile IsBold = rng.Font.Bold End Function and use like =IF(ISBold(A1),...) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:ugy0E$ZIGHA.2896@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello experts! > How to check for a bold text formatting through (in) a formula? > > > Thanks Bob. I opened Visual Basic Editor, cl...

Password Protecting Validation Lists
It seems as though when you password protect a worksheet it still allows another user to change the intial selection selected when using Data Validation and allowing a specific entry as per a predefined List. Is there anyway to prevent changes to a Data Validation selection after protecting the worksheet??? Any thoughts would be helpful. Andrew Andrew If the cell with the Data Validation drop-down list is locked, users cannot change the selection when sheet is protected. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:17:16 -0400, "Andrew" <amwelt@bellsouth.net> wrote: &g...