Export track lists to database

Is it possible to export track lists as text files to a database such as Excel?
 i-tunes has this facility
I'm using Windows Media Player 11 with XP on a PC

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 04:48:01 -0800, Denis the Baron <Denis the
Baron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to export track lists as text files to a database such as Excel?
> i-tunes has this facility
>I'm using Windows Media Player 11 with XP on a PC

Sure. Create a big stonking playlist with all your tracks on it.

Then head over to grab the Power Toys for media player, which has an
Export playlist to Excel feature :
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/bonuspack/powertoys.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/bonuspack/default.aspx

It's packaged together with some additional player skins,
visualisations and some moviemaker cruft as well.

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
-1
Neil

linking drop down lists
hi, im trying to create a user friendly spreadsheet. i have 2 columns need help with. in the first column i have created a drop down list containing continents of the world. in the second column i want another drop dow list to display only the countries from the continent selected. fo instance. in the first column i have selected africa. how can i make i so that when i have selected africa from the continents drop down list to make the cell next to it (the countries drop down list)( only giv the option of selecting a country from africa instead of all th countries of the world -- reading2...

Export to XML exports single row only

Exchange 2003: Not all distribution list members recieving e-mail
Morning all! We have 3 distribution lists that we use to send mail to our 3 different regions. I have users in each list that are not reciving the e-mails sent to the lists. I have verified their email address's, made sure they were in the right group. I can look at the email (it gets sent to me as well) and I can see that they are in the list. Now, if I send them an e-mail from their contact, they get it. Its just when we send them e-mail on this list. Any ideas? Thanks, Tom On 12 Sep 2005 09:59:33 -0700, tomfarr@gmail.com wrote: >Morning all! > >We have 3 distribution li...

Message Tracking
when I use the Tracking Center, and select on of our two Exchangeservers, the MMC will change the name to the second server automatically. Message Tracking is enabled on both of the servers.... Are you specifying any other parameters such as a sender or recipient? If you are, the Message Tracking Center is probably just matching up the user you specify with their home server. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "HWU" <HWU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A3F55D...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export / Import Security

distribution list #29
i have a list of email contacts in an excel spreadsheet . Is there a way to convert them easily to a distribution list in Outlook 2000, without copy/paste each contact indiviudally ? thanks in advance , carolyn http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041105.htm if the addresses are in a column, you should just need to copy the column and paste it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://w...

Banging my head against the wall
Hi, I need some clarification of if a control exists that will fit into m solution. What I need to do is display a list of data horizontally in a control. The data, is a question which can be 50 to 100 characters long and the need to see the whole text of the question. Preferably there would be 1 row of data and the questions would go int the columns with a scroll bar to move along. Thus far I have tried - A listbox - can't seem to toggle the height of the row so all of th question text can be displayed in one go. Listview - Same as above Spreadsheet 9.0 Control - Thought I had ...

Offline database cant be viewed
Outlook CRM Successfully copied all datas to local database for offline browsing. but when trying to browse the offline database, it first shows authentication error and clicking on Try again shows an empty page and no records. For your information, the CRM offline database MSCRM_MSDE.mdf is now more than 450MB but still couldnt browse any records in it. How to rectify the problem? On Feb 25, 11:43 am, TNa <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook CRM Successfully copied all datas to local database for offline > browsing. but when trying to browse the offline datab...

Export item ID?

need help with list box?
Hi I have a huge table of about 20000 records. how can I restrict entry for a few columns. I am new to excel programming. For example. I have a list of colors (red, green, blue) that I want to go under the Color column. how can I allow the user to click on a pulldown or list box similar to ms access for each cell. thanks in advance. Hi you could use 'Data - Validation'. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I have a huge table of about 20000 records. how can I restrict entry for a >few columns. >I am new to exc...

Re: Converting Access Database From 2003 to Access 97
jixiaoli <jiaxialoli@eyou.com> wrote in message news:... > > Tim <xtimx_wildingx@yah.com> wrote in message > news:27e001c3fc97$6b59bbd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am developing applications in VB and Access. I distribute an Access 97 > database as part of the system. I have recently upgraded from using Access > XP to Access 2003 to manage the distributed database. Since I still wish to > distribute the database in Access 97 format to clients, I convert the file > from Access 2003 to Access 97 format before distribution. The distribution > database contains ...

List views
I have a list view in which I have selected grid lines in report mode. The grid lines show ok until I scroll down and then the horizontal line fall out of step colliding with the text. Does anyone know what is happening here and how to fix it? >I have a list view in which I have selected grid lines in report mode. The >grid lines show ok until I scroll down and then the horizontal line fall out >of step colliding with the text. > >Does anyone know what is happening here and how to fix it? Sadly, the fix is to switch off the grid lines :( PSS ID Number: 813791 "B...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Exporting to Powerpoint

tracking changes
I'm on a network with others. I've created a timesheet in Excel for others to fill out. They password protect it so third parties can't see it but I have the password, too. I need a method of preventing people from going back and changing data in the spreadsheet after I have reviewed it. I know I probably can't prevent them from making changes but can I somehow detect if they've altered values to the spreadsheet at some point in the future? I tried to set it up with a shared workbook using the "track changes" feature but it doesn't seem to work wit...

POP Receipt Edit List with Lot Numbers & Attributes
Hi Folks Has anyone successfully managed to edit the POP Receivings edit list to include the Lot Number and the Lot Attributes? If so, could you advise me how you created the table links please? I am on version 10 Many thanks Sheila Sheila, Due to the Temp Tables looks very difficult. I would consider using another method like SQL Reports to get the Lot Information. Mick "Sheila" wrote: > Hi Folks > Has anyone successfully managed to edit the POP Receivings edit list to > include the Lot Number and the Lot Attributes? If so, could you advise me > how you...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...

Drop down list help #2
Excel 2003I have created a drop down list in a cell(s) and I want the list to show all values with out a scroll bar. The list is not long (maybe 20 values in the end) Anyway to do this? Thanks Dave Only with a combobox....................Data Validation dropdowns are limited to 8 items. Debra Dalgleish has a sample workbook with a 12 item combobox tied to a DV dropdown. Can be easily changed to your 20 items. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0020 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:36:13 -0700, "Dave" <dcooper@iacnc.edu> wrote: >Exce...

Splitting Database 12-23-09
Two main questions with one sub question in the second question. First, I split a database, and if I try to open the front end while a user is using a connected Data Access Page, it does not let me in. If I log in during a time that no one is using the Data Access Page, I can get in and after I'm in they can get in too, and the users of the Data Access Page can have simultaneous use with me. What can I do so that I can get in the front end at any time regardless of what activity is taking place with the Data Access Page? Second, how do I distibute copies of the front end?...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

Export email addresses including aliases
Hi I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on our off-site anti-spam provider. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO EXPORT EMAIL ALIASES IN EXCHANGE 2000 Thank you, Shawn. "Shawn" <slafferty@allcovered.com> wrote: >I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on o...