DVD Region

Hi,

I bought some DVDs in US but I am located in UK. I was asked to change
system region in order to play DVDs but after changing few times now I can
not play the DVDs that I bought from US.

I know because of copy right some dvds may not be played but I can make my
dvd player multi region why not my WMP?

Is there anyway how I can tackle this problem?

Regards,

On 2/20/2010 4:53 AM, JohnSmith1 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I bought some DVDs in US but I am located in UK. I was asked to change
> system region in order to play DVDs but after changing few times now I can
> not play the DVDs that I bought from US.
>
> I know because of copy right some dvds may not be played but I can make my
> dvd player multi region why not my WMP?
>
> Is there anyway how I can tackle this problem?
>
> Regards,

If you go to Computer or My Computer depending on which OS you're
using,right click,choose Properties,choose Hardware,choose your Optical
drive,then click the properties button,click onto the DVD Regions tab
you'll find a caution warning that states you can only change regions 5
times and once you reach zero you will no longer be able to change
regions.It goes on to state that reinstalling your OS will not reset
your regions settings and removing your optical drive and placing it in
a another pc will not change the zero status of that optical drive.

The only solution is to buy a new optical drive or if you plan on
continuing to go back and forth between regions then you could buy an
external optical drive and use that one for which ever region your
internal optical drive isn't set at.
0
NQ
2/20/2010 2:24:00 PM
On Feb 20, 4:53=A0am, JohnSmith1 <JohnSmi...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I bought some DVDs in US but I am located in UK. I was asked to change
> system region in order to play DVDs but after changing few times now I ca=
> not play the DVDs that I bought from US.
>
> I know because of copy right some dvds may not be played but I can make m=
> dvd player multi region why not my WMP? =A0
>
> Is there anyway how I can tackle this problem?

Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code for useful
information about regional code and why it is used - as you might
guess, it has to do with increasing profits. There are many ways to
allow playing discs from all regions that are mentioned in this
article, and a Google search will show  many references. A few DVD
optical drive makers will even tell you how to inactivate the regional
code for their drive. There are many programs, mostly pay ones, which
will remove regional code and some will remove all copy protection as
well. Selling such programs may be illegal in some countries, but
there are a few countries where it is not,  and a program provider on
an island state, where selling such programs is not  illegal, does a
big business around the world. Both the US and the UK have laws
against selling such programs, but the Hollywood movie company lawyers
are powerless  to do anything for programs developed in a country
where they are not illegal. I have not heard of anyone being arrested
for owning such a program in the US - I don't know about the UK. It
would be very difficult to enforce this unless the seller's records
could be obtained. However many have had legal problems by putting up
movies on file sharing sites. And then one could be the first-on-the-
block to have legal problems if by chance movie company lawyers find
you are doing anything they do not like. Most people will just pay the
large sum demanded to settle the case, because fighting any charge in
federal court can be extremely expensive.

0
cwdjrxyz
2/20/2010 4:37:57 PM
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 02:53:02 -0800, JohnSmith1
<JohnSmith1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I bought some DVDs in US but I am located in UK. I was asked to change=20
> system region in order to play DVDs but after changing few times now I =
can=20
> not play the DVDs that I bought from US.
> I know because of copy right some dvds may not be played but I can make=
 my=20
> dvd player multi region why not my WMP? =20
> Is there anyway how I can tackle this problem?

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

However it works best with external DVD drives attached to a USB port.
Built-in drives may have "problems".

--=20
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com
0
Opinicus

Total Gym Blast Vol. 1&amp;2 Series DVD Set
Price:$65.00 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000PQKKQS Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000PQKKQS Rev 'em up fast and furious. Each of these tough, challenging, progressive workouts is an intense 15-minute muscle isolation superset targeting Abs, Back/Chest, Shoulders, Biceps/Triceps, Buns & Legs. Focus on a different key muscle group each day or through the course of each day. Within a week, you'll get a fun and memorable full body workout. Before you know it, you'll see and feel results. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Total Gym 1700 Clu...

Only one tool: Rip a DVD, convert video, backup iPod, make iPhone Ringtone
This guide aims to show you how to rip a DVD, convert video and transfer music between iPod and computer/two iPod, make your own iPhone ringtone.All you need is [URL="http://www.mobi32.com/DVD-Tools/Aiseesoft-DVD-Software-Toolkit.html"][B]Aiseesoft DVD Software Toolkit[/B][/URL]It includes 4 parts:[B]Part 1. How to rip DVD to iPod/iPhone/Sansa/PSP/Zune and other MP4 and MP3 Players. [/B][B]Part 2. How to convert all video to MP4, AVI, FLV, 3GP, WMV, MOV, MPG, RM, RMVB, MKV, VOB?[/B][B]Part 3. How to transfer music from iPod to computer, computer to iPod, iPod to iPod. [/B][B]Part 4. ...

How to convert and rip music from DVD to iPod with with DVD Ripper
[url=http://www.rip-burn-copy-dvd.com/how-to-convert-rip-dvd-audio-to-mp3.html][b]How to convert and rip music from DVD to iPod with with DVD Ripper?[/b][/url][url=http://www.rip-burn-copy-dvd.com/dvd-ripper.html][b]Joboshare DVD Ripper[/b][/url] is professional DVD Ripper software, which can rip DVD to MP4, rip DVD to AVI and almost all other video and audio formats including [b]AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, H.264/AVC, RM, MOV, XviD, 3GP, FLV, VOB, ASF, DV, MP3, WMA, WAV, RA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG,[/b] etc. with the highest DVD ripping speed and the best quality.[b]Guide: How to convert and rip music fro...

DVD not appearing on My Computer
I have recently fixed my laptop (Dell XPS M140) after some virus schenanigans. Now some settings are changed for a particular user (admin setting). The CD/DVD drive is not show up on My Computer. It does show up on the Device Manager and the driver is updated and it swears that it is enabled and ready to go. I can put in an audio CD and have it recognized in itunes. But any other software CD is not recognized and does not load. I then signed onto the original administrator account and there is no problem with any type of CD/DVD. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to f...

cd/dvd drive not detected
So my cd/dvd drive doesn't show up on my computer. I have a dell inspiron 5315 desktop. I searched the forum here and found nothing that worked. I tried to uninstall it from my device manager but it would reinstall itself upon reboot, i tried to delete my upper and lower registries for the drive but I don't have lower registry for that. I also checked my autoplay settings but everything was fine there. I don't know what else to do, please help. -- raysmith Have you tried going to the makers website and getting the latest firmware for it? Flash it with that and...

How to convert DVD to AVI with Leawo DVD to AVI Converter?
Many people are trying to [url=http://www.leawo.com/dvd-to-avi-converter/][b]convert DVD to AVI[/b][/url] for data storage on their computer hard drive. And a lot more people are seeking for a [b][url=http://www.leawo.com/dvd-to-avi-converter/]DVD to AVI[/url][/b] Converter to convert DVD to AVI for video edit. Thus they can upload them to YouTube or MySpace for friends to see. Definitely, they don&rsquo;t want their video to be reduced in quality, so a DVD to AVI converter software with best output quality will be their bad need! What about Leawo DVD to AVI Converter? Is it the right ...

Dvd/Cdrw not recognized?
I have a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop.I am running windows xp professional.I was running a cd drive perfectly, when I took a cdrw/dvd from another Dell Inspiron 5000 and installed it in my laptop it does not recognize any hardware for new dvd drive anywhere. I have tried mr.fix it,3hrs and no result. I have tried the registry fix, did not work. I have looked for a driver, none found. Please tell me if it is possible to have a dvd cdrw while running xp professional? If so HOW! Please help! =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?= <PaulG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A73F7A24-A427-4...

Blank DVD disk not recognized by Windows Explorer
(Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP-2, IE-8, WM-6, WLM-09, classic mode, dial-up.) If this is not the correct newsgroup, please redirect me. About once a month I backup many files onto a blank DVD disk. Currently, if I insert one of those partially full DVDs into my drive-E, it is recognized and everything works normally. When I started my January backup two days ago I find that if I insert a blank DVD Windows Explorer does not recognize it, and tells me to insert a disk. If I then again click on the drive-E, the hour-glass curser appears for several minutes, but nothin...

How to rip a DVD on Windows/mac with DVD Ripper and Mac DVD
Do you want to rip your DVD to play it on your portable players? such as iPhone/ipod, PSP,Zune,Sansa, Archos, Windows Movie Maker, etc This guide will show you how to rip and edit your DVD to all other video and audio formats for all the portable players. It includes two parts. Part 1:how to rip DVD to MP4, AVI, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPG, RM, 3GP, etc by using Aiseesoft DVD Ripper (http://www.5idownload.com/as-dvd-ripper.html)(For Windows) Part 2: how to rip DVD to popular video and audio formats on Mac with Wondershare Mac DVD Ripper (http://www.5idownload.com/w...

Customer EFT Bank Country/Region
In Dynamics 10, I'm looking at the Customer EFT Bank Maintenance screen. Here's how you get to it: Click Cards, Sales, Customer. This brings up the Customer Maintenance screen. Choose a customer, then press the Accounts button. This brings up the Customer Address Maintenance screen. Click the EFT Bank button. This brings up the Customer EFT Bank Maintenance screen. On that screen, there is a field called Bank Country/Region. Click the down arrow to see a list of countries/regions. My question is: Where does that list come from? Is it stored in a table? ...

How to rip DVD movies and convert video to ipad
iPad tablet has a built-in rechargeable lithium-polymer battery, and the battery delivers up to 10 hours of Web surfing via Wi-Fi, music listening, and even watching video or movies. That's quite good, especially for frequent travelers or people who take video or DVD and enjoy on the go. And thanks to its bigger screen and high definition display, with 9.7-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1024-by-768-piexl resolution, they all make iPad perfect for watching any kind of video: from HD movies and TV shows to podcasts and music videos entertainment an utterly new experien...

DVD Booklet
Hi Is it possibel to make a Dvd booklet in MS Publisher.. If yes... Can anyone show it to me Thomas http://www.amtechdisc.com/printspecs/art.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "Thomas P" <2045326m001@stofanet.dk> wrote in message news:401e63bd$0$8024$ba624c82@nntp01.dk.telia.net... > Hi > > Is it possibel to make a Dvd booklet in MS Publisher.. > > If yes... Can anyone show it to me > > Thomas > > What is a Dvd booklet? -- Don -------- V...

DVD+R vs DVD+RW
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA91F8.D0BDD860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a difference between DVD+R and DVD+RW? Seems when I burn to a DVD+R I'm unable to erase the disc. I am told = that it is Write-Protected by Vista Basic when I try to re-format it. But I'm able to erase and re-format the DVD+RW. James ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA91F8.D0BDD860 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-p...

Unable to copy dvd to dvd+r
When I right-click on a specific video in the documents ("Why did I get Married too" for example) and select the option "send to" to "Cd Drive (D:)", A message like this pops up "Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this folder. What would you like windows to do?" I click "retry" but the same message just pops up again. What is the problem and how do I fix it? -- All Good Things Must Come To An End...Especially The Ones Involving The Heart. ...

Can Publisher be used to print directly on white CD's or DVD's?
I have an Epson 810 printer that can print directly on the disc for labeling. Their software is terrible. They suggest a half dozen others, but not Publisher. I have hundreds of labels (for paper stick on labels) already made in Publisher for previous projects. Is there any way to use them with the Epson? More importantly, is there a way to use Publisher 2007 to print/label directly on a white labeled (printable) disc for new projects? Thanks for any help or suggestions. Leo Have you tried? I know nothing about printing directly onto a disk, but I do know you can setup...

How to convert DVD to AVI MPEG WMV DivX MP4 MOV on Mac
[url=http://www.rip-burn-copy-dvd.com/how-to-rip-dvd-on-mac-with-mac-dvd-converter.html][b]How to convert DVD to AVI MPEG WMV DivX MP4 MOV on Mac with Mac DVD Converter?[/b][/url][url=http://www.rip-burn-copy-dvd.com/mac-dvd-converter.html]AVCWare Mac DVD Converter[/url] is powerful and ideal DVD ripper software for Mac users to rip your DVD movie to video/audio files like [b]rip DVD to MPEG, rip DVD to AVI, WMV, DivX, MP4, H.264/AVC, RM, MOV, 3GP videos,[/b] and [b]rip DVD to MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC, audio formats,[/b] etc. Furthermore, you can complete clip any segments, merge several files into ...

CD / DVD Drive Missing?
No idea what happened to it but it's no longer showing on my computer. When I try to run a cd or what not, nothing pops up either. No error message, nothing. -- g0dfather http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/missing_CD-DVD_drives.html -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "g0dfather" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:5f23729d3595d90a5eaccc451106437c@nntp-gateway.com... > > No idea what happened to it but it's no longer showing on...

DVD back ups
Having saved files to floppy disk successfully for a number of years I am trying to do the same with DVD's but am having some problems using the 'Send To' command and was looking at other ways. 1) Do I need any special software such as Nero? 2) It seems that if I have saved a file on DVD-RW named e.g AJ I can't overwrite it as I can with floppy disk but have to give it a new name such as AJ1 - is this correct? 3) It is possible to delete individual files on the DVD-RW as you can on floppy disk or does the entire disk have to be wiped/formatted. Many thanks Andrew...

How to Convert DVD and Video to Your Fashionable iPad?
iPad has been released for about Several month, but it is pretty popular among people. I think you guys who got iPad are very proud. How do you make full use of its great space without spending extra money? Show it off before friends? It is the best choice to use DVD collection and video you have. But how do you deal with it? Recently I got the information from internet. I feel it is useful for all, so I?d like to share it with you guys. It is third-party software that can rip DVD and convert video for iPad. And the whole process is so easy.here si six Useful softwarewindows ipad tool: 1.[URL=...

How to rip a DVD on Windows/mac with DVD Ripper and Mac DVD Ripper
Do you want to rip your DVD to play it on your portable players? such as iPhone/ipod, PSP,Zune,Sansa, Archos, Windows Movie Maker, etc This guide will show you how to rip and edit your DVD to all other video and audio formats for all the portable players. It includes two parts. Part 1:how to rip DVD to MP4, AVI, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPG, RM, 3GP, etc by using Aiseesoft DVD Ripper(http://www.5idownload.com/as-dvd-ripper.html)(For Windows) Part 2: how to rip DVD to popular video and audio formats on Mac with Wondershare Mac DVD Ripper(http://www.5idownload.com/wond-dvd-ripper-mac.html ) (F...

Changing Account Distribution Based on Customer Region
My chart of accounts is segmented by Product and Region. I have setup SOP to use posting Account from Item. In addition, I have setup a User-defined field to identify each customer region in Customer Address. Since I can only have one sale account for an item, I don't want to manually change my account distribution in sales documents everytime I sell to customers in a different region from the default defined for the item. I would like GP to automatically change the Account Distribution so that it substitute the appropriate region segment based on the user-defined field in Customer...

Isolate a region
Here's the plan: User highlights a region. For simplicity beginning at A1. Suppose region is A1:i34. User invokes macro IsolateRegion. Macro selects all cols from J to end and hides them. Macro selects all rows from 35 to end and hides them. Done. Result: a page with no extraneous rows and columns. As I am not glib in Vbasic I hope you can offer a couple helps. 1. [Range("J1:iV65536").Select] -- while awkward -- is possible. But how does one identify the beginning cell from the region A1:i34? 2. is there a more general way to select to the end? Thanks rs...

How to rip a DVD on Windows/mac with DVD Ripper and Mac DVD Ripper
Do you want to rip your DVD to play it on your portable players? such as iPhone/ipod, PS= P,Zune,Sansa, Archos, Windows Movie Maker, etc This guide will show you how to rip and edit your DVD to all other video and audio format= s for all the portable players. = It includes two parts. Part 1:how to rip DVD to MP4, AVI, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPG, RM, 3GP, etc by using Aiseeso= ft DVD Ripper(http://www.5idownload.com/as-dvd-ripper.html)(For Windows) Part 2: how to rip DVD to popular video and audio formats on Mac with Wondershare Mac DV= D Ripper(http://www.5idownload.com/wond-dvd-rippe...

DVD regional setting
A family member has returned from UK after a number of years. She has been playing DVDs on her laptop. Now she cannot play Region 1 (North America) DVD's on the laptop. Is there any way to reset this feature? Bernard On 3/2/2010 7:48 AM, Bernard Liengme wrote: > A family member has returned from UK after a number of years. She has > been playing DVDs on her laptop. Now she cannot play Region 1 (North > America) DVD's on the laptop. Is there any way to reset this feature? > Bernard Here's the reply I gave JohnSmith in another thread- If you go to Comp...

Help. My DVD drive will not recognize DVDs, but plays CD-Rs fine.
Hi, I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RZ 34G desktop. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP3, with automatic updates turned on. Sony DVD RW DW-U12Aa drive. I have Corel Video Studio DVD burning software installed. Everything was runnig fine in early December (last time i used the DVD drive, I thnk). My DVD drive is not reading DVD discs. The drive plays CDs fine. When I put a DVD in the drive and use file explorer the F:/ comes up, but shows no files. This does show files when a CD is in the Drive. CDs play fine in windows media player, but when I try to play a DVD, windows...