Duplicate copies of the same file(song)

I opened my music library and noticed hundreds if not thousands of duplicate
songs. Almost as if I copied the same cd to the library 4 times. How can I
erase the duplicates without doing it manually one at a time. I have no Idea
why there are so many duplicates! Please help!
--
Annoyed Windows Media user!

What version of WMP and Windows?

To reset the media library, follow the instructions, specific for your
WMP and Windows version, at http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#medialibrary
Note that resetting the media library will make you lose all existing
play counts, and possibly ratings too.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

On 30/03/2010 19:12, Stewart wrote:
> I opened my music library and noticed hundreds if not thousands of duplicate
> songs. Almost as if I copied the same cd to the library 4 times. How can I
> erase the duplicates without doing it manually one at a time. I have no Idea
> why there are so many duplicates! Please help!
0
Tim

.IQY Files!!!
Hello Pros i'm Newb , Totally Newb to Excel :( How do i make Excel Files that End up With .iqy i need Excel to Extract Information From a website , like a income statement of a stock , Balance sheet , cash flow statement of that specific Stock ! is it possible that each team i Open the files it let's me type in the stock Symbol that i need that information for ? i don't know how to make this File !!! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ is that possible ? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "Pivotrend >" wrote > How do i m...

launch app and read file by drag and drop
How do I get my application to open and read a file when the file's icon has been dragged onto the application icon? I can drop a file onto the open application and read it, but I can't figure out how the application gets the file name when the file's dropped onto the icon. I'm using VS 6.0. ...

Duplicates

HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

csv file download
I have 17 csv files that I download individually daily from a website, can anyone tell me the quickest way to do this ie some sort of automation. Thanks Les. Consider using the Microsoft.XMLHTTP object. With VBScript you could do something like: Sub GetCSV(sSource, sDest) Dim oHTTP, oFSO, oTS Set oHTTP = WScript.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") Set oFSO = WScript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set oTS = oFSO.CreateTextFile(sDest, True) oHTTP.open "GET", sSource, False oHTTP.send oTS.Write oHTTP.responseText oTS.Close Set oTS ...

Money 2004 crash in mnyob99.dll with new file
I just upgraded to money 2004. Whenever I created a new file (via File->New File), money crashes and the system (XP) reported the fault was in mnyob99.dll. This means that I won't be able to create any new money file at all. I also followed some earlier message by opening the sample money file, it works, but then it still crashed when I tried to create a new file. I searched suport.microsoft.com and did not find anything that would solve the problem. Please help. Thanks. MJ - I have a very similary problem installing money 2003, and the suggested help provided to me in an earlier mes...

Receiving duplicate emails

Events copy and paste
I have a spreadsheet in which I want to automatically enter a date, and copy from cells l1:l6 and paste in the same line as cell a2, a3, etc everytime someone enters information in say cell a2, or a3, and so forth. result should be cell d2 has a date and e2,f2,...have l1:l6 copied into it. Please help. Adding the date to column D is no problem. Transposing I1:I6 to E2 is no problem. BUT...................... You want I1:I6 copied into E2:J2 then E3:J3 etc? You will be overwriting column I cell in each row Is that really what you want? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP ...

Exchange 2003 log files #2
Hello In C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\ i have many files like E000085D.log, all that files are very old maybe 5-6 moth old logs, may I delete it manualy? or Exchange must delete it himself? Those are your transaction logs - do not delete them. The fact that you have so many indicates that you aren't running online backups of the Exchange stores using an Exchange-aware backup solution such as NTBackup on the server....this is a must. The committed logs will be purged when this is done. Armarn O.R. wrote: > Hello > > In C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\ i have many fil...

Copy rows to master sheet
I have spent more hours than I care to admit trying to figure out the code for copying rows that have updated date to a master sheet. I have a command button on the bottom of four sheets that I want the user to press and send information that has changed to the master sheet. I want them to be in sequential order (no spaces). Upon sending it, I want the changes to the cells to revert to the original state. They are supply order forms. The only thing that changes is the number of units that someone wants and the total price for the units. For example: Sku# Item Name #Wanted Unit Pri...

Cannot play some WMA files in WMP12
Most of my music plays fine, but some of the WMA's i have that were ripped with a previous version of WMP will not play in WMP12 and also WMP cant read the tags in the file properly. You might have better luck reposting this on the Windows 7 Media forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpromedia/threads . This forum is aimed more specifically at problems with WMP 12. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Chops II wrote: > Most of my music plays fine, but some of the WMA's i have that were ripped > with a previous version of...

File saved yesterday is blank today, how do I retrieve?
A file that I work on nearly everyday is now empty of any data. I saved changes yesterday, and on opening today the worksheet has no data. How can I retrieve a previous to yesterday version of this file? Unless you have a backup process in place and can recover a copy from the backup, the data is probably lost. If you deleted a copy of it, you might find an older copy of it in the Recovery Bin. You might do a 'Search' of 'My Computer' to see if you accidentally saved it somewhere that you don't remember saving the final copy. Sorry to be the bearer of ...

Determine File Location
Hi, Is it possible (in VBA) to check and see where an Access file is being opened/accessed from? For example: If mdb/mde file attempting to be opened resides in C:\db then 'do something else 'do something else end if Thanks, alex "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4f320ceb-c85f-41f7-b852-9598cc9cb2a6@m26g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it possible (in VBA) to check and see where an Access file is being > opened/accessed from? > > For example: > If mdb/mde file attempting to be opened resides in C:\db...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Adding only new files to a backup folder
I have a folder containing some five thousand files sorted in numerous subfolders, totaling about 800GB so far and counting. I occasionally add a new file to an appropriate subfolder. So far I safegurd by copying the entire folder on a backup drive. Such a task naturally takes long, long time (two days or longer) even though only a small fraction of the files population is newly created or modified. I am looking for a way that first compares the backup folder witht the parent folder to isolate newly added files and then copies them to the existing backup folder. This way I shou...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

Filegroup restore used to refresh database copy
I have TestDB1 comprised of 5 filegroups, which I've completed full/log backups to restore as TestDB2. When data changes within one filegroup on TestDB1, I've taken a diff' + tlog backup and tried to use it to restore on TestDB2 so that same filegroup would be essentially refreshed. My execution sequence uses the last full, last diff', and tlog from TestDB1 but this doesn't work? Why? Is there a way to do this ? Thx. -CqlBoy What do you mean by doesn't work? Are you getting an error or different results than you expected. Please provide more detai...

Cannot write the contents of an Object to file
Hi, I would like to write the contents of a Collection of Objects to a file, but I'm having a lot of problems. Can you help me? Here's a simplified version of my code, which reproduces the problem: ---------------- Main---------------------------------------------------------- Sub test() Dim I As Long, Record As CRecord, Coll As Collection Set Record = New CRecord Set Coll = New Collection For I = 1 To 26 Record.Linea(I) = "foobar" & I Next I Coll.Add Item:=Record Call WriteDataToFile("foo.txt", Coll) End Sub -------------------...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Can't open file in Outlook
I keep getting a message about: "can't open file: X:\xxx\xxx.msg The file may not exist, you may not have permissions to open it, or it may be open by another program. Right-click the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions to the folder" when trying to open some message files. Now, the file is there, but it won't allow me to open it, move it, or do anything to it, saying it has created a sharing violation. What's wrong with Outlook 2000? This is Outlook 2000 SP3. Thanks! ...

Automatically open excel file after log in
How can I automatically open the excel file when log in to Windows Create a shortcut to the file and drop it into your Windows STARTUP folder -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Emkay" <Emkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:572FC2E4-D49B-...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...