I am running Vista Home Premium on a HP G 217-EM Notebook which comes
pre-installed with Windows Media Player 11.  When I play cds and try to fast
forward or fast reverse by keeping the fast forward or fast reverse buttons
constantly depressed nothing happens.

Why is this, and can anyone come up with a solution?

Many thanks

This doesn't work on my system either, so it's probably just a
limitation of WMP. Fast forward and fast reverse should work fine when
you rip the CD's to MP3 or WMA files, and play these files instead.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

Kodika wrote:
> I am running Vista Home Premium on a HP G 217-EM Notebook which comes
> pre-installed with Windows Media Player 11.  When I play cds and try to fast
> forward or fast reverse by keeping the fast forward or fast reverse buttons
> constantly depressed nothing happens.
>
> Why is this, and can anyone come up with a solution?
>
> Many thanks

0
Tim

form auto-complete stopped working
I am running Vista Home Premium. When I first began using the program there was an icon at the top which when clicked would complete a form on the screen with information like my name, address, email, etc. The boxes completed usually appeared yellow. That icon has disappeared. Now, I have to start typing each item and then auto-complete appears for that item. I have to click on the suggested response to have the fill-in completed. Does anybody know why this has happened, and what can be done to get back the function I had? ...

Corrupted Money 2005 deluxe files and salv.exe will not work
Have had Money programs for about 10 years. Last Wednesday, I was no longer able to access the internet (Money was still functional). Took it to a computer service who had to restore the XP operating system (apparently spyware, $70/yr to Norton and Webroot well freakin spent). Charged me $295 bucks. Bring it home and the desktop looks like it did when I bought it. Here is what I did. 1. Installed the Money 2005 standard (which came with computer) . Then tried to open my data file. Got the error message saying the file is corrupted or not a Money data file. 2. Realized that I received...

Getting a chart on the web
Hi folks, I am hoping someone out there might be able to help me or give me some advice. Here is what i am trying to do. I have a list on a Sharepoint site with numeric data i want to show graphically. Now i can create the chart in excel via a web query when i export the list. As the data on the list changes, refreshing the book changes. But what i need to do is get the chart on the site, linked to the date, dynamiclly refreshed, linked to the list with the data. Any advice on the cleanest way to do it? thanks ben ...

Getting error "selection is too large" when copying data #2
I was copying multiple cells to other rows in my spreadsheet and I received an error "Selection is too large". I have never received this before and I have had some huge spreadsheets...Has anyone ever received this and why? try clearing the clipboard every now and then help>clipboard > clearing... "Tootie" wrote: > I was copying multiple cells to other rows in my spreadsheet and I received > an error "Selection is too large". I have never received this before and I > have had some huge spreadsheets...Has anyone ever received this and why? ...

How can you make cells bold or shaded no matter what gets moved into it?
Hello all, I have a few different cells in my Excel spreadsheet that I want to always be bold or shaded red no matter what is in these cells. I have some data that I sort and always want the top to be bold and shaded red. And of course when I sort the data and the top data that was bold and red is no longer at the top, I no longer want it to be bold and red. How can I make sure these are always bold and red if the data within these cells keeps moving in and out of them when I sort the data? Thanks in advance. One way: Select the top cells. Choose Format/Conditional Formatting... ...

USB No longer working
I had this problem just over a year ago, and I took my laptop back to the shop -- they told me to take Vista back to the factory defaults. But when I did, there was a failure in the installation process and they told me that they would have to replace the computer -- apparently it was the motherboard -- on warranty. I hope it is not so major this time. Here goes. The USB ports have become very intermittent, spontaneously reading the plugged in storage device as having been unplugged, then spontaneously reading it as having been plugged in, with the sound that alerts you to that oper...

I am going insane trying to work this out...
I would be really grateful if anyone could help me with this problem in Excel please...It's driving me nuts !! Please bear in mind i am a complete novice as far as formulas are concerned so would be grafteful if any answers are given in a simply way for a simple guy!!! I have multiple worksheets named "day1, Day2, Day3.....Upto Day10" The columns are named as below A = Location B = Event C = Name D = Start E = Finish F = ID The number of rows on each sheet can vary each day. What i would like to do is to insert a sheet called "Summary" at the end of the workbook a...

Can Outlook import a Works Address Book?
I have an address book created in Works. I'm trying to move everything into Outlook. Using Import or Export doesn't work because nothing seems to recognize the .wab extension. Can this be done? If so, can someone give me the process? Barbara <Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an address book created in Works. I'm trying to move > everything into Outlook. Using Import or Export doesn't work because > nothing seems to recognize the .wab extension. Can this be done? If > so, can someone give me the process? The Works Address Book is...

Anyone know how to get rid of this POS without installing a different operating system?
If you type 'Uninstall' into Google - the second most popular hit is "Live Messenger" = everyone hates it - and i'm no exception - it's well documented that it's the biggest security leak - it can not be suppressed - of the many fake switches Microsoft have built-into it - none of them will actually disable it (by design) = it's quite obviously a Microsoft trojan - it can not be uninstalled from Vista - it is hidden from regular programs in the control panel - it is hidden from Windows components that can be deactivated despite reading lot of l...

I have to repeat my password for e-mail every time, how do i get .
Every time I go to my inbox I have to put in my password. It is very frustrating but I don't know how to get rid of it. I am using outlook express. windows xp. and I have a compac cp. I do have service pack 2 installed and all updates are ok. my ISP server tells me I have a glitch on that program and that I have to reinstall this e-mail account. I would try to do that but how do I uninstall outlook express and then reinstall it again. My server told me to do that. Outlook express came with my cp. so I do not have a disk or cd to put in and reinstall it. Any help anyone can give me...

Working with excel on the web
I am looking for a possible solution or bump in the right direction when working with excel on the web. Currently I am using and developing in visual studio 2005. Here is the situation I have a lot of spreadsheets with macros that I would like to deliver to people via a web application.... Some problems that I am running into are: 1) macros do not work when embedding the excel sheet in the browser. 2) Trying to figure out charting and graphing.. Sorry I am still a bit new to all this and am looking for some advice.... Thanks jeremy.bird@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for a possible so...

error getting the encoding name from an XmlTextReader
XmlTextReader myXmlReader = new XmlTextReader(args[0]); string en = myXmlReader.Encoding.EncodingName; //Console.WriteLine(x); Error: Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. HOW CAN I GET THE ENCODING NAME ? Basically determine the encoding type. Also How can I "set" an application wide Encoding ? I want all modules and everything to stick to and conform to UTF- 8. But somehow some methods automatically go to UTF-16 xmlguy wrote: > XmlTextReader myXmlReader = new XmlTextReader(args[0]); > string en = my...

email & calendar forward to unknown domain users
I have two EX secretaries that when some people create a calendar apptn for various users they get "postmaster" email notifying them of undeliverable to people who are no longer here and had their exchange mailbox remove as well as their domain login . Any idea where to look in Exchange 2003 for where these individual names are still embedded somewhere? I cant find it in the individual Outlook profile sending the apptn or in the domain or in server manager application. thanks for any help, Raul Rego NJPIES Delegate entries for people who are still there. ...

XLS Formulas work only in new documents, not in "open"ed ones !!??
I have a very strange problem on excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1 When I create any formula (eg: SUM(A1:A10)) in a new document, it works. If I change values in A1 -> A10 it is update in real time. If I save the document, exit Excel, then reload the document (thus reloading Excel), the formula doesn't work anymore : the result is stuck to the last value when I saved the document. If I retype the formula, then it returns 0 whatever values are in A1 -> A10. If I select the cells A1->A10 with the mouse, I got the correct sum in the status bar.... In tools->option, automatic compute...

DoCmd.SendObject acReport, "RWkOrd", "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)" does not work
I use AK2000 and have a split database. The backend is on a Novell Server. The frontend is on the desktop of the six users. When I try to send an E-mail with a snaphot attachment from two of the PC�s using: DoCmd.SendObject acReport, "RWkOrd", "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)" The Report is created in .xls format rather than .snp. On the four other PC�s the SendObject work fine. Has any one else had a problem like this? In news:e6I45yvnHHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Jack Peyton <jackp@lanset.com> wrote: > I use AK2000 and have a split database. The backend is on a Novell...

Sending reply or forwarded message in outlook 2007
Hi In my outlook 2007 some emails, if I click reply or forward and type the message, a crossed line coming in the middle of fonts. how can I solve this issue. "momoit" <momoit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11550EC9-F13E-4D00-859D-6949DC31D754@microsoft.com... > Hi > In my outlook 2007 some emails, if I click reply or forward and type the > message, a crossed line coming in the middle of fonts. how can I solve > this > issue. Hi there, It's possible you have strikeout effect enabled for your reply/forward font. Try this: 1) Open To...

One Register with Line Display Not Working
Hi all ~ I've got a problem with one register's line display. It's a Posiplex 7000. I've got two of them, one works and the other doesn't. I was able to get the line display to work last week, except for the minor problem with the line wrapping from above. Now the text is messed up - it looks like the Matrix code. Actually, it looks like the font like the Matrix code (from the movie) or like ascii. I tried restarting the pc, unplugging the display and I re-tried the driver from Posiflex. It looks like it's a problem within POS, because if I switch to another app...

** Get a free IPOD **
Get a free Ipod at freeipods.com. This is a serious offer and they have already given away 16000 of them away. This offer was featured on CNN. All you have to do is complete a promotional offer with one of their affiliate companies and get a few other people to do the same and the ipod will be yours with free shipping, no strings attached. http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=19208043 ...

Not getting bank account payee info
I'm having the following problem: In Money, I select to create a new account. I select the Bank of America (BOA) listing for my state I enter the authentication information Money downloads the transactions for that account ** However, the payee information is missing. If I manually download a QIF file from the BOA site and import that into Money the information is correctly imported. Is there a way for me to get this information without manually downloading and importing a file each time? If the provider isn't supplying the information --and that's what it sounds like in t...

getting started
I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? damselindistress <damselindistress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL > address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? When you obtained your packet from SBC, they included all that information. Moreover, it's in the Help section of SBC Yahoo's site. The most likely settings are "pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com" for the incoming serv...

All e-mails forwarded to CRM queue as activities
Hello everyone, I am having an odd issue with CRM, every e-mail sent from the Exchange server is forwarded to CRM to the accepted task queue. I just get an activity with "FW:OriginalTitle" where I can see the sender and not the content of the e-mail (thankfully). Has anyone else had this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ...

Getting orders through postscript files in SQL
We get orders on the web which can be sent to a specific folder through a postscript file. I need to get the order information from this postscript file into a custom sql database first and eventually into Great Plains. I am stuck at the first step here: How do I get the post script data (after filtering out the unnecessary header information) into SQL and then delete the file so that it is not processed again. Please provide me any code samples you may have which will help me here. My email is jacktundra@hotmail.com Thank you in advance. ...

External hard drive 11-18-09
I have a simpletech external hard drive. When plugging it into the USB port windows vista is not recognizing the disk in my computer. -- patrickpalmer4 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "patrickpalmer4" <patrickpalmer4.41uuw1@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:patrickpalmer4.41uuw1@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > I have a simpletech external hard drive. When plugging it into the USB > port windows vista is not recognizing the disk in my computer. > > Sounds like a conflict of drive letters. If you open up 'Disk...

Combo Box 05-11-10
I want to use a combo box in place of a Vlookup function. I have a list of 2048 possible logical ID's for some equipment. I want the keeper of the record to assign a logical ID for the equipment to a row that has other various identifiers. How do I remove an item from the list after it has been used in a row? How do I get that item back into the list once it is no longer in use? I have the object working in my worksheet just not quite the way I want it too. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Todd ...

PostUpdate. How to get old-value?
Hi All! I'm interested in getting old-value of updated fields. As i understand OrigObjectXml contains updated fields and its new values. But i want to know old-values also. Thanx for advance! Hi Andrey, Unfortunately, this is a limitation in the current callout design. By the time you get the postupdate callout, CRM has already modified the record with new values, so there is no way to get the old values easily... Jagan Peri Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Andrey Ptashinsk...