Can't sync DRM files on MP3 player

Is use WMP 11 since a while to sync downloaded music files from napster to my
MP3 player (so it can play DRM files). But for some reason i now get a sync
problem in WMP "C00D1236 - cannot sync the file? This problem only occurs
with DRM files although i also can play those files with WMP 11 ?!

Excel file save macro.
I need help with a macro. I want to be able to save a file as a listed name, that is referenced in a cell, in a directory that is listed in a different cell. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Post your efforts. Homework? "darrenlshipley" <darrenlshipley.vecxb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:darrenlshipley.vecxb@excelforum-nospam.com... > I need help with a macro. I want to be able to save a file as a listed > name, tha...

Saving from template to new file without the vb code
Thanks for the help. From xl help, I thought I understood that templates allowed creating a new file that included formatting, style, text, etc. This does not seem the case, as when saving, the template is saved with whatever modifications have been made using some code, which in my mind contradicts the purpose of a template. I understand from help, that the template needs to be in a default template directory and saved as using the file type setting; though I have saved as using the file type setting set to template, the default/alternate locations are not feasible yet I still need the tem...

converting publisher files
I developed a brochure in Publisher. I sent it to a friend for her input and constructive criticism. She could not open it with any of her programs and ask me "if I could save it as any one of the following: image file, jpeg, tiff, Word, text file, web file, Frontage or Adobe Pagemaker"? I tried Word and text but neither worked when I opened them. The brochure was developed using Publisher 97 and I have both Word 97 and 2000 on Windows XP. How can I get this to work? Thanks Publisher Problems refer to http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html -- David Bartosik - ...

Data from .txt file being read in as date, and should be text
I have a macro that reads in data from a .txt file. The data contains user IDs that consist of the first 4 letters of their name and 4 numbers. When names are read in that begin with MARCxxxx (ie MARC1234), excel is formating them as a date, and I lose the original data (even when I try to format them after the import, they are a number and the letters are not there. I've tried to format the column that they data read into before the import, but excel still imports them as a date. How can I make the import be read as text? Here is the code for the section I am reading in data for. Do Whi...

help files in Pub2000
When I try to use the MS Publisher help I get error messages. Specifically when I click on a hotlink in a help topic it says internet explorer script error any assistance would be nice Pete OS: Win2k IE: 6 MS Pub: 2000 Pete, 1. Open Internet Explorer 2. Go to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing Header 3. Be sure to put a check mark next to "Disable script debugging" and "UNcheck Display a notification about every error." -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP For FAQ's, Templates and More: http://www.kvalheim.org Activewin Staff Management ww...

Problem restoring Outlook 2003 PST file
I recently lost my pc in a power outage. Luckily, I was able to salvage the hard drive and copied the outlook.pst file to a CD. I am having trouble with Outlook recognizing my Contacts. Here is what I did: I opened up Outlook 2003 for the first time and receive the normal �welcome� email. I then go to File\Open\Outlook Data File and opened up the outlook.pst file. When I �click� on Contacts, I do see my address book, however a) if I try to add a new contact, it adds it to another contact list b) if I edit a contact, the custom categories that I created on my old pc, ...

Message re: pdf file
I'm utilizing Outlook Express and when attempting to open certain attachments (pdf files) the message reads: "Cannot open Outlook. Command line arguement not valid. Verify the switch you are using" Can someone advise how to correct? Thanks! ...

Bottom edge of publisher file doesn't print
About the bottom 1/2" of my publisher file gets cropped off. The top and sides print fine. The margin guides are done correctly -- I change them to have no margin at all. I use an HP officejet printer, and don't have this problem with other programs. Thanks. The margins on Publisher are determined by your printer and not Publisher. This is not a Publisher issue, as there are no known printing issues with any version of Publisher. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" ...

file locked for editing
Every time I try to open a certain excel file it say file is locked for editing by certain user. I can open it in read-only mode. The user that is suuposedly got this file locked is not even logged on to the Neteware server where the file is. Any ideas? When this is a single user, two common solutions are to clean up the windows temp folder and to reboot the pc. But since it's a network drive, you might try having the server rebooted (just a guess). larry wrote: > > Every time I try to open a certain excel file it say file > is locked for editing by certain user. I can op...

Exporting messages from a PST file
Hi, I have a need to export several hundred mail messages currently in a ..PST file to any sensible text format that I can move to a linux machine. There is no need to operate the result on any email program, but I am doing this to archive the messages, so I can read them if I need to. I use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5606) in a corporate setting, on Windows 2000. Last time I did this, I chose "Tab separated values (DOS)". The trouble with this is that I only get Subject, Body:, From:, To:, CC:, BCC:, and the totally irrelevant fields of Billing Information, Categori...

.tmp files
Hi, I am using Excel 2002. I realised that everytime I saved a file, a .tm file will be created. So if I saved 5 times, there will be 5 .tm files. Is this behaviour normal cos I never encountered this before. What ca I do to stop this? Please advise. Thx ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com searched in the forum for similar problems. realised that it is due t my anti-virus software. once i disabled it, everything's ok. but then, anyway to work around it...

Utility (pref. script) to catalog .EDB files
Hi, I have a client that is using an Enterprise backup tool which, whilst able to back-up and restore, does not provide in-depth information like traditional Exchange-aware backup products. I have been asked to write a script to list the users in a flat .EDB file (which has been snapped and copied and flushed using SAN replication tools). I have taken a look at the ESE API, which can only be accessed using C + (I only use VB). Other than EXMERGE, does anyone know of any tools that allow you to list the basic mailbox details on a EDB file? Thanks, Hutton. ...

Workign with CSV files
I having a problem working with CSV files in Excel. I go by the "Save Early, Save Often" mantra, but Excel is getting in the way. Whenever I try to "Save" the file, excel reverts to the "Save As" function and I have to click OK again. Is there any way to convince Excel to do a real "Save" and not revert to "Save As". Version is Excel 97 SR-2 Thanks! Ken How about saving as an XLS file on the first save. Then you shouldn't get the message any more. When you are finished working with the file, Save As back to CSV format and delete the XL...

Save As Tab Delimited File Adds Quotes
Hi, I'm wondering if there is a solution to this problem. When I save an Excel spreadsheet as a tab delimited file it adds quotes to the page. I can't seem to find any solution to this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mary Beth If you don't like the way xl does it, I think you'll need a macro. You could write your own export program or use Earl Kiosterud's text export program. It's available at: It's available at Tushar Mehta's site: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ Look for Text Write in the left hand frame. Earl has a bunch of option...

money2003 merge files
Is there a way to merge two money files (.mny)into one? thanks, dave See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q90. "daveb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ef001c393e8$b24ea4a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to merge two money files (.mny)into one? ...

how to combine & split xml files with xslt?
How to combine multiple xml files into a single one, or split an xml file into multiple files using xslt? Knighterrant wrote: > How to combine multiple xml files into a single one, or split an xml > file into multiple files using xslt? Combine is easy, just use document() fucntion to load additional XML documents. Splitting is a bit harder. See "Producing Multiple Outputs from an XSL Transformation" at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml06162003.asp -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCAD] http://www.xmllab.net http://blog.tkachen...

How do I get rid of #agg fields when Importing an XML file into E.
I'm importing an XML file that has int and double information within it. When the data is imported into Excel I get an extra column tagged with #agg For example: - <NewDataSet> - <Results> <FOO>41.01</FOO> </Results> This creates two columns when importing to Excel /Results/FOO /Results/FOO/#agg 41.01 41.01 ...

Intermittent File Security Warning
Several of my PowerPoint presentations use video clips. Rather than imbed them in the file, I keep them in a folder and use links to run them. When I click "Play," I get the "Some files contain viruses..." for some of them and some I don't. I'd rather not disable the warning when it is appropriate, but don't want it popping up when accessing files in my own pc. I added the "video folder" to trusted locations, but I still get the warnings. Very annoying and looks like amateur night when making presentations. Are there any solutions to this...

backup .pst files
I have Outlook backup it's .pst file weekly. Some of my users have rather large .pst file (more than 700 meg) I open the backedup .pst file in my outlook and delete all the old garbage and when I do a folder size check, it shows that I have gotten it down to 400 megs. I disconect it from my outlook and close my outlook. But when I look at the .pst file in Windows Explorer, it still shows it as being 700 meg. What is casueing that? anybody know? "johnfli" <john@here.com> wrote in message news:e1Cw5ZjoDHA.3732@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have Outlook backup it'...

File Reservation in Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It used to be that when a document was opened by another user on the file server, you could open the document as read only. Excel now seems to think any of these files that are already opened are now corrupt. <br><br>In our network environment, users are on Intel Macs, running 10.5.8 and MS Office 12.2.3. Everyone has access to a file server running Mac OS Server 10.5.8 via AFP and the shared volumes are on an XSAN. <br><br>The issue is that when a user opens an &quot;.xlsx&quot; fil...

When attempting to open new Excel file it says, "data may be lost.
Someone else is attempting to use one of my files but it just keeps saying "data may be lost", then after several attempts to get it to recalculate it finally uses up all the memory in their PC and they have to reboot, only to start the problem all over again. My original file was created in Office 2000 and they said they have Office 97. Don't exactly know, but one thing: be sure you're friend is not trying to run from an A: drive - you'll have big troubles... copy the file to your C: drive and open from there. jlr >-----Original Message----- >Someone else i...

File Attachment Problem in Vista
Hi, We are using Vista OS and browser is IE 7. When we are trying to attach more than 100MB to application, getting error as 'Page cannot be displayed'. and we are using the SAP is the backend system with OS is HP-UX and we set the parameters at max allowable attachment is 200MB in SAP system. So Kindly can help me on this issue and is there any limit by using Vista OS. Note: when we tried with this XP OS, its successfully attached the 110 MB file to the application. So facing the problem with Vista only. Please do the needful. Thanks & Regards, Raja...

How to code batch file to hibernate XP with SP3?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code batch file to hibernate XP with SP3? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Eric wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code batch file to hibernate XP > with SP3? To go into Hibernate mode (provided you enabled it in Power Options): %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState If you want to go into Standby mode instead of Hibernate: powercfg -h off %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState powercfg -h on This turns off hibernation mode, puts the host into a susp...

How to disable security warning for C:\ files in Outlook 2007
I am trying to reference files contained on my system in my task list by adding a hyperlink to them. It works for network files, but not for files or folders within my documents, or anywhere on my C:\ drive. I can not add these files or folders on my hard drive to trusted sites. I can add the link, but get a security warning every time I try to open them and it is driving me crazy. See if this helps - gto the Security key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Security (create the security key if it does not yet exist) Add the DWORD DisableHyperlinkWarning ...

How to get a list of files for a directory
Hi, I want to get a list of files names for a directory in VC++. How can I do this? Thanks, Guru Guruprasad HD wrote: > Hi, > I want to get a list of files names for a directory in VC++. > How can I do this? > > Thanks, > Guru > > FindFirstFile, FindNextFile, FindClose -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] "Guruprasad HD" <guruprasad.hd@trilogy.com> wrote in message news:ej0Xn7LwEHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to get a list of files names for a directory in VC++. > How can I do this? > > Thanks, > Guru > > ...