C00D11C7 on a ASF file under a less priviledged user account 01-27-10

Hello,
Wanted to look at some ASF high quality videos from PDC09.
I run XP SP3 fr with WMP 11.
Files use VC-1 AP and WMA ,9 PRO as GSpot says, or 10 PRO CBR as the ASF
metadata says; one example file is here:
http://ecn.channel9.msdn.com/o9/pdc09/wmvhigh/FT34.wmv
These files play when using a privileged (Local Administrators member)
account.
They play under GSpot in the preview panel running as a less privileged user.
But they don't play in WMP 11 in the same account on the same machine.
I searched this particular user registry hive for abnormal things (by
comparing to the
"all user" profile hive) and found nothing.

Does someone have a clue over what’s happening?

-Sébastien Mouren

Ok, I found my problem.
After a closer inspection using Sysinternals procmon.exe for this user
running the files, I found that he had this preference EnableWMAProSPDIF set
to 1 under the HKEY_USERS\S-*\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences key.
Disabling WMA through SPDIF allowed me to play the problematic content.

Regards,

Sébastien Mouren

GP 10 Biz Portal
Is there a setting for how long a session can stay active??? I would like to lengthen it. I added the "extend query time-out value", but I do not believe this to be the correct fix for what I am trying to accomplish? Thanks for any thoughts, ideas, answers. Clyde, Thanks for using the newsgroups. If you're trying to lengthen your IIS session timeout value, you can refer to the post I made here: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.greatplains&mid=d604db44-3cac-42bc-b597-b8c7eddedd5f&sl...

C00D11C7 on a ASF file under a less priviledged user account 01-27-10
Hello, Wanted to look at some ASF high quality videos from PDC09. I run XP SP3 fr with WMP 11. Files use VC-1 AP and WMA ,9 PRO as GSpot says, or 10 PRO CBR as the ASF metadata says; one example file is here: http://ecn.channel9.msdn.com/o9/pdc09/wmvhigh/FT34.wmv These files play when using a privileged (Local Administrators member) account. They play under GSpot in the preview panel running as a less privileged user. But they don't play in WMP 11 in the same account on the same machine. I searched this particular user registry hive for abnormal things (by comparing to the ...

Unit accounts need more decimal places
Unit accounts should have more than 2 decimal places as options. It should go to at least 3 or 4. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1cc2cfff-e7c4-4a26-9531-5...

Tracking open files
I often leave files open for days and when I have 20-70 open at the same time I run out resources and one invariably locks up, especially a PowerPoint 2007 file. Is there a way that I can have one of my Access databases log all open files using a form's click event so that I can reopen them when the system crashes? This database is always running--can't work without it and so it is a logical place to store a listing of all my open files. Thanks for suggesting a place where I can start developing the code to do this. In addition to PPTX and DOCX, I usually keep a...

can not open lib file
hi, if a try to compile a porgramm i get always the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "TranslationController.lib" kann nicht geoeffnet werden --> can not open the lib ....waht do i hier wrong please....??? thnaks You need to locate the .lib file, and make sure msdev is looking for it in the right place by looking in Tools->Options + Directories tab. Jase "Marc" <rote_granit@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:013901c3c807$5a8f8fb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > if a try to compile a porgramm i get always > the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104:...

Saving Message to a file
I want to have a rule to save a message to a file folder as a type *.msg. I can do this on my computer, but my clients computer keeps wantting to save the file as HTML. We are using Outlook 2000. We are using the same email message so that should not be the problem. Does anyone know what can cause this to be different. Thank you for any insight that you can provide, Ken Have him click on the dropdown for SAVE AS TYPe. MSG should be on option. >-----Original Message----- >I want to have a rule to save a message to a file folder as a type *.msg. I >can do this on my computer, ...

Backing up MS Money 2003 file to Briefcase #2
On Fri, 20 May 2005 23:56:01 -0700, "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi. When i try this for one of my data files it says it is in use and stops. >I am not running Money, but I think it is something else related which I need >to turn off. When I had this one other time it was becuase I was syncing >Money to my PPC but not this time. > >Suggestions welcome! Money express running? Nope - thats turned off - but thanks. "DW" <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1116691690.864793.308220@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com.....

outlook data file problems
My 60 day office 2003 expired and instead of converting I installed office 2002. My problem is that I cannot read and email data messages from the 2003 version and was wondering if its possible to convert the file to 2002 format(ansii vs unicode) Yes, but only in Outlook 2003. And you do not "convert" the file. You create a new PST file in the old format and copy the contents of your Outlook 2003 PST into it. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Steve" <steveandsheila@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:26e0001c4623b$507146d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My 60 day office 200...

two email accounts and activesynch
Hi, I have two questions. i) i have two accounts, which i use outlook 2002 for. The first is my work account, and the second is for work. ....i would like to view the work account at times, and then switch to my home account. What seems to happen currently is that I am defaulted to my work account, or the home account and work account are merged into one inbox (i'm not sure about this point). anyway, i'd like to know more about what i could try! ii)in synchronizing with my ipaq (MS activesynch 3.7)... I would like to synch tasks in my local tasks folder, rather than m...

Important file overwritten
I have accidentally overwritten a large and important workbook. Is there any way I can retrive it? I run Excel 97 and Windows XP I have not closed Excel or shut down my computer since. Hope someone can help Neville Sorry to say this, but if it's important, you should have a backup. "Neville" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c6f01c394c3$bc6253c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have accidentally overwritten a large and important > workbook. Is there any way I can retrive it? I run Excel > 97 and Windows XP I have not closed Excel or shut down...

the peer's stratum is less then the host stratum
I am getting a "The peer's stratum is less then the host stratum." Whenever I try to synchronize the time. What's going on? -- Demoman Paullllll wrote: > I am getting a "The peer's stratum is less then the host stratum." Whenever > I try to synchronize the time. What's going on? Loosely, it means that the Windows Time service deems your workstation to be a more accurate clock than the time server you have selected so it won't sync to the less accurate clock. Can you run the following command at a command prompt and post the ...

deleted accounts keep showing up in list
Money 2006 keeps re-occurring after I re-open the program In microsoft.public.money, Steve Nelson wrote: >Money 2006 keeps re-occurring after I re-open the program > Accounts at institutions that you have set up for online access? Close the account in Money instead of deleting it. ...

read and write CString to File
Hello I am faced with a particular situation.I have a class as follows Class Joe { private: int a; float b; CString str; int x1; } I want to write this entire class to disk (file) so that i can read it when my application starts again But in writing Cstring, i am facing a problem. Can anyone suggest one way to write this data ? Thanks Joe "Joe Cherian" <joecherian@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OvCsPTJTFHA.2812@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello > I am faced with a particular situation.I have a class as follows > > Class Joe > { > pri...

setup mail-enabled account with outlook
I can't figure out how to setup mail-enabled user account in MS SBS 2003. and after that use this account in Outlook to connect to Exchange and be able to see public folders. Consulter for whom this account will be created, should receive all his emails on his existing hotmail account, but should able to have access to the Exchange folder until his account is active. I will greatly appreciate any help and suggestions. Alex I recommend that you post your question to an SBS newsgroup. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "...

Appearance of visio html files in IE6
I am in the process of creating a series of drill-down flowcharts for my company that maps the process flow. I have had no issues creating the links, etc. The issue I am having is the appearance of the html file in IE6. There is allot of white space around the drawing and the positioning/rotation lines for the title shape show on the html file. While I am not too concerned about it, my boss has requested that I find a way to improve the appearance. Is there a way to give that space some color? Thank you. ------=_NextPart_0001_E9BE3397 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encod...

Money 2001 #10
when using the portfolio I entered a new transaction under a new acount and an error message appeared "M Money has encountered a problem and needs to close". The computer then shuts down or locks up. This happens whenever I click on portfolio. This problem has occured twice over the past month. The first time I went back one month and reentered all my transactions before the error accured and was going along fine but then it happened again while entering a transaction under a new account. ...

save Excel file to *.prn file
When I save as Excel file to Formated text(space-delimited) (*.prn)file and sended to other Company, they can not open it.Please help Hi with what application are they trying to open your file and what error did they receive? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany humed wrote: > When I save as Excel file to Formated text(space-delimited) > (*.prn)file and sended to other Company, they can not open > it.Please help Just to piggyback on Frank's response: Can they open the .prn file in notepad. It's just plain text, so if they can't open it there, then it may have...

Lost files
I was looking in a folder that I had information files from emails, etc. when all the files disappeared from the folder. I cannot find them anywhere. I did the file/folder search and found nothing. Has anyone else had this problem? I did not right click on the files I was viewing they just disappeared. I need to retrieve, very important. Thanks. ...

Adding user CAL to Action Pack CRM 3.0 SBE
Hello, We have CRM 3.0 SBE installed from our Action Pack subscription. We have need to go beyond the 10 included user licenses and have purchased 2 more SBE user CALs through Microsoft Open Licensing (along with a 5-pack of 2003 SBS CALs we needed). The problem is on the eopen website where I get the license keys for the 2003 SBS CALs, the new CRM user CALs are listed but there is no license key. I have no idea how to get the key needed to add the licenses we just purchased to our current CRM installation. I can't even seem to find anyone to call who even understands the problem. ...

Turning pages into files
Using Publisher 2003 - I am writing a hiking book of 100 hikes. I was advised in a self publishing class to use the Publisher program and to make each hike a "page". So I have done this and have a 105 page document. Each page has a picture, map and written paragraph or two of one of the 100 mhikes. Now I have been told I should have made each hike a separate folder so I can go in and work on each hike w/o opening all the pages and having to scroll through. I have also been told that each time I open this document, it denegrates the pictures over time with the constant opening...

Outlook 2003 does not recognise pst and ost files when importing
I have tried to import my previously saved outlook 2002 address book and files in pst and ost format.I get an era message telling me that the files are not compatible with this version of personel folders information service. I have tried downloading software update but with no success. Any advice is much appreciated? And if you open the pst via File>Open what then? And where are these pst's located? Do you have access to the origonal pst's? ost is exchange format, do you have Exchange set up? "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Login Failed after removing user from Local Admin Group
I am in the process of removing users from the local administrator group on their computer. We have a user currently working fine but when we remove him from the local admin group he can not login. No user can login except for sa. If we try from a different machine which he is not a local admin it works fine. It only fails on the machine he was initially working on. If I put him back in the admin group he works fine. At first I thought it was a rights issue on the local drive but I gave his user account full rights to the c drive and made sure it propogated through the entire drive. I a...

Cannot open .docx files after updates
I have Word 2003. I installed Updates KB977724, KB978380, and KB978474 today and now cannot open .docx files. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Compatibility Pack for Word 2007 but still cannot open .docx files. How can I uninstall the updates? Thank you. Liz wrote: > I have Word 2003. I installed Updates KB977724, KB978380, and > KB978474 today and now cannot open .docx files. > > I uninstalled and reinstalled the Compatibility Pack for Word 2007 > but still cannot open .docx files. > > How can I uninstall the updates? Same way you uninstalled...

A Data file did not close properly the last time it was used
Everytime open Outlook 2007-client, i received below error message. i did PST scan and no problem with the PST file. Any suggestion instead uninstall the Outlook 2007. Outlook Error message: A Data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being check for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in progress. Thanks This means you either did not shut down Outlook before shutting down your PC, something is keeping the outlook.exe running even though you closed Outlook or Outlook crashed while closing. For troubleshooting steps and de...