C00D10D1 Error - .WAV file

I am on Windows Media Player 10.
I cannot play one specific .wav file.
The error that comes up is as follows:

"You've encountered error message C00D10D1 while using Windows Media Player.
The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue.
Codec is missing

Windows Media Player cannot play the file (or cannot play either the audio
or video portion of the file) because the Philips CELP (120) codec is not
installed on your computer."

I have looked for this specific codec, and so far have not been able to find
anything. I cannot update my codecs through the internet, as I do not have an
internet connection for the computer in question. I can, however, use e-mail
and usb keys to transfer things back and forth if necessary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:11:01 -0800, bzou
<bzou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am on Windows Media Player 10.
>I cannot play one specific .wav file.
>The error that comes up is as follows:
>
>"You've encountered error message C00D10D1 while using Windows Media Player.
>The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue.
>Codec is missing
>
>Windows Media Player cannot play the file (or cannot play either the audio
>or video portion of the file) because the Philips CELP (120) codec is not
>installed on your computer."

It's a Philips speech audio codec which is hard to find by accident.

This page lists one procedure to get the playback decoder from Philips
http://www.moviecodec.com/audio-codecs/missing-audio-codec-tag-120-42360/

HTH
Cheers - Neil

Digital Media MVP : 2004-2009
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
0
Neil

Outlook trys to reinstall, then fails with error 1722.
I just booted my Win2K machine for the first time this week. When I try to launch Outlook from my desktop, it shows an "Installing Office XP" dialogue for 20 seconds or so, then fails with error code 1722. I haven't installed anything new for months. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Bill ...

Synchronization Log Error.
I am getting and error synchronizing offline folders with Outlook XP. The link for support is http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=80004005-501-50a-550 I followed all the guidlines and still am getting the error. Also this support file applies to Outlook 2000 not XP. Any ideas. ...

Startup Error
For the past few weeks, every time I restart my system I have been getting an error message: "Remote Microsoft" then a bunch of garbled characters like Greek letters. I close the message and everything seems to run normally but there is this nagging worry that there's something wrong. Can anyone give me a hint about what's causing the error? ...

Unable to open Excel file #5
When I double-click the Excel icon for this particular file, the program opens up, but the file is not being opened. Other excel files don't seem to have this problem, which tells me the program itself is working properly. The file was revised yesterday, and it is not hidden, and from the property view, it seems to have normal characteristics. Please help!! Have you clicked on WINDOW and UNHIDE ? -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=380 View ...

Windows Media Player Error Message
When I try to play a video downloaded to the desktop, I get the following message: "Windows Media Player encountered unknown error." Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? =?Utf-8?B?VGVjaCBDaGFsbGVuZ2Vk?= <Tech Challenged@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:E71E2FE4-AC07-4520-919A-1B3947A76090@microsoft.com: > When I try to play a video downloaded to the desktop, I get the > following message: "Windows Media Player encountered unknown error." > Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? > That error message usually means t...

OLE error
I've the same error message, but only on several eMails. The message appears while showing the eMail in the preview pane and then again when doing a doubleclick on it. After pushing the OK button, everything seems to work fine. The eMails are all from the same sender, but not all of them have this problem. All eMails comes with Word attachments. We're using Office XP with Outlook 2002, OS is Windows XP Pro. ...

Debug Error #2
Hi all, Iam getting a debug error message when i close my application. DAMAGE: after Normal block (#234) at 0x00D70040 Does anyone came up to know this problem. It would be very helpfull thanksss tpiran > Iam getting a debug error message when i close my application. > > DAMAGE: after Normal block (#234) at 0x00D70040 > > Does anyone came up to know this problem. > It would be very helpfull > I havent personally seen this. But google does have few relevant hits on it. See this from MSFT: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q235507/ --- Ajay Tpiran wrote: > H...

Outlook 2007
First, I have googled and searched your forums and still haven't found a working solution for this problem. I have tried alot of the "solutions" out there with no success. So I need your help badly. When I click on a hyperlink in an email message, error General failure. The URL was " ... " , application not found. Every email is the same, clicking on any hyperlink will not open the browser to go to that link. I am using IE8 as my default browser and if I install Firefox and makes it my default browser it works. But. I want to use IE8 as my default browser...

Saving a Excel 97 file into Excel 2003 file
There is no problem in opening a Excel97 file into Excel 2003. The problem occurs when trying to perform "Save As" after that. The error message is "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications." The file is only about 2.5MB and there is no other applications running in the background except the normal firewall and antivirus programs. The interesting thing about this problem is that, it occurs on one PC and not on another? Both PC got 512MB DDR Ram and plenty of space in hard drives. The total paging s...

Write Hex to Output File in MFC
Hi All: I need to generate a file using MFC which is Unicoded. In other words, I need to have a file that has '16-bit hex coding' showing in the file when I open it thru notepad Problem: Even though I store the string in 16-bit format, when I write it into the file, it still displays it as ascii. I need to see '16-bit Hex' instead of the ascii. I am using the following code. The output in the file is "hello". Instead, I want to see "0x0048 0x0065 0x006C 0x006C 0x006F". I am using the following code. wchar_t rashid2[] =_T(L"Hello"); HAND...

If column contains a value
Hi, I am trying to apply some error trapping to my code now. I want to say that if a value (e.g. "Test") does not appear in Column A then carry on, otherwise if it does appear in Column A (on any row) then an error message pops up. Can this be done, and how? Thanks, Dim HowMany as long with worksheets("Somesheetnamehere") howmany = application.countif(.range("a:a"),"test") if howmany > 0 then 'it's there at least once else 'it's not there end if end with You may want: howmany = applic...

Random errors with attachments
We have three users who are getting random errors with attachments. All three are using Outlook 2002 with Windows 2000. The error occurs when adding attachments to a new e-mail as well as opening attachments that they receive. The error they get is "Can't create file: <file name>. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." We've tried everything we can think of to resolve this issue (reinstall Office, reinstall Outlook, recreate the user's profile on ...

Filter CSV file for duplicates upon importing
Hi. I am importing a CSV file into a new table using the open file dialog box and an import specification. There are four fields (A,B,C,D). I want to filter for duplicates so if B,C,D are the same then only one of those records will be imported. Here is an example: Record 1 (A,B,C,D): John, Mapquest, 59, 62 Record 2 (A,B,C,D): Alex, Mapquest, 62, 81 Record 3 (A,B,C,D): Josh, Finepoint, 43, 65 Record 4 (A,B,C,D): John, Mapquest, 62, 81 Record 5 (A,B,C,D): John, Mapquest, 59, 62 So Record 4 will not be imported, because column B,C,D are the same as Record 2. Record 5 will not be imported beca...

Error in Recipient Update Service
Every time I try and update the Recipient Update Service, I get this error: An operations error occurred. Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80072020 Exchange System Manager Any ideas? ...

SBS 2003 in Journal Wrap Error State from Previous Migration
I apologize ahead of time if this question was already discussed, I realize it is an older topic, but I couldn't find my particular "offshoot" of the issue so decided to post a question. Here is the history of the problem. I have an SBS 2003 Standard domain. Two years ago, I moved SBS 2003 to more powerful hardware by way of Microsoft's migration procedure. All went well except for the following: When I removed the old SBS from the network, I began getting errors in my file replication log on the new server complaining that it had a journal wrap error (ev...

Two computers/same money file
I just set up a wireless home network and was wondering if I could use Money loaded on one computer to access a money file stored on another. In other words, I would like to be able to update my information from either computer on the network and have the changes saved to one central money file. I have been trying to access the file from the new computer and although sometimes I see my accounts, I can't do much else before it goes blank on me. Any advice? Money isn't designed to work this way. You can make it work, under certain circumstances and caveats. See http://umpmfaq.i...

Global variable error :error LNK2001
Dear all, I have defined a global variable in CTestApp like : class CTestApp : public CWinApp { public: static DWORD dwPos2; ...... } When I recompile the project, it always turn out the error like the following : Test error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol symbol "public: static unsigned long CTestApp::dwPos2" (?dwPos2@CTestApp@@2KA) Could anybody tell me why? Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated! -ja Well, could you tell me how to define a variale in MFC project,so and I...

Runtime Error
Every time I open Outlook, a little window opens which says 'Runtime Error has occurred - do you want to debug - line: 297' What does this mean and how do I fix it? ...

Allowing multiple users across a network to a single .pst file
Hello, I was wondering whether there is a way to add the same .pst-archive to multiple users across a network. The pst-archive is located on a shared network drive, but I can only add the file in 1 useraccount, the others tell me 'the file is in use'. Is there a way to circumvent this? Best regards, Sven Herremans That would be a surefire way to make sure that it get corrupted and unusable. Sven Herremans wrote: > Hello, > > I was wondering whether there is a way to add the same .pst-archive to > multiple users across a network. > >...

Error Code 0x80246007
i tryed downloading windows updates and it fails and sayes i have Error Code:0x80246007 is thair a way around this? i have a compaq Evo N1000v with windows xp pro Are you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 3 from Windows Update ? -=- "volcompunk" wrote: > i tryed downloading windows updates and it fails and sayes i have Error > Code:0x80246007 is thair a way around this? > > i have a compaq Evo N1000v with windows xp pro 0x80246007 SUS_E_DM_NOTDOWNLOADED A BITS transfer error occurred, but the exact error could not be retrieved. Are you runn...

Different version error using vista
I am getting the following error: "A prodauct on your computer is on a different version than the database version. You will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in resolving this issue." I tried to look for this log on the local but am unable to find it. I spoke to a rep from Dynamics and the said it is compatible with VISTA. it installed great but now I am getting this error. I had the same thing. You should be able to find the log file, however. Another approach is to go to a wor...

Outlook 2003 error.....
this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. This error occurs when I double click on a hyper link embedded in an email. Prior to the service pack for office 2003 I did not have any problems. I do have the latest service pack for Office 2003 and all other software is currently up to date. This error started after I installed the latest service pack for office 2003. I do run Norton Internet Security and Systemworks 2004. I currently do not have XP internet firewall enabled. I have tried it with and without off and on and to no avail. I do have SBC DSL with 2Wire gatew...

What error in my steps?
Hello all: I create a diglog using vc,and add some the control edit.and now I want to use the class CRecordset,and I do that:ClassWizard=>Add Class=>New,and write CAbc in Name,select CRecordset in Base class,and press OK,and select a ODBC(I have already created a ODBC),and select a table,finally I press OK,but it always display: Unable to open the files(abc.h,abc.cpp) for class "CAbc", I want to know what error in my steps.thanks. Soory: I add this sentence to the file stdafx.h: #include <stddb.h> but it display the error.How to solve? "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pu...

Strange error message
Hello, I am getting a strange message when I am trying to copy a graph that I use in a payroll document that we use. It contains data and a graph for each employee. It worked just fine for 80% of the document then all of a sudden I started to get this message: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" with an OK button. I can hit the OK button and it will eventually continue on (after multiple clicks). But each time I copy and paste the graph, it gives me this message. I am using Excel 2002 on Win 2000 Pro with all the latest updates and patches available. T...

Outlook Error
Hi everyone, I am getting the following error in my outlook "Outlook experiences a serious problem with the 'microsoft dynamics crm' add-in.If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available.Do you want to disable this add-in?" Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Karthik This can be caused by a bug in the synchronization mechanism. (The birthdate field cannot contain a value before 1970). A hotfix is available. See this knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid...