Auto-stop feature?

I would like to be able to play a DVD while I'm faling asleep and have
Windows Media Player automatically stop at the end of the DVD (so the DVD
drive doesn't run all night).  I have the feature on my TV's DVD player, so I
assume it is something that can also be done on my computer.  I just can't
figure out how.

On Mon, 10 May 2010 19:00:01 -0700, hlagas
<hlagas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to be able to play a DVD while I'm faling asleep and have
>Windows Media Player automatically stop at the end of the DVD (so the DVD
>drive doesn't run all night).  I have the feature on my TV's DVD player, so I
>assume it is something that can also be done on my computer.  I just can't
>figure out how.

The microsoft Plus! pack digital media edition had a sleep timer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Plus!#Microsoft_Plus.21_Digital_Media_Edition

That was discontinued about 3 years ago, though you might be able to
find a CD on EBay with the software.

There are several other possibles which I've not tried - FoxyTunes for
the firefox browser seems to indicate media player control and has
sleep features : http://www.foxytunes.com/firefox/features.html

Worth a look, at least.

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
0
Neil

Auto Filter problem

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

stop mail from automatically downloading
Please help! How do i stop e-mail from automatically downloading when I start Outlook? I don't always want my mail downloaded and can't find any help on this subject anywhere! I was also advised to try this: When you close Outlook while working in Off-line mode File-> Work Off Line. Outlook will also start in Off-line mode. I'm going to try them both Thank you >-----Original Message----- >Referring to Outlook 2000 (assume other versions not too different): > >Tools>Options>Mail Delivery. Uncheck "Check for messages ...." Messages will not be down...

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

OL2002 Security feature
When I try to send a mail MS Word (thru outlook 2002), the message appears: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Already visited: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290498 Any way to disable the feature? ____________ Ramesh ...

Windows Live Messenger Stopped Working (14.0.8089.726 / Win 7 Home
For the past week, I have been having issues with Live Messenger failing. Most of the time it is during computer startup but it has also stopped working hours into a session. The message box says it will look for solutions but nothing ever happens -- it just closes. No error messages. Nothing. I have very few programs on this new machine and have not added anything new in the past month. I have completely removed all the components of WLM, run CCleaner on the registry, rebooted and re-installed WLM but it still fails. NOTE: I am ONLY selecting Messenger when installing. Running ...

Auto look through subfolders

Stop Page Breaks
Is there a way to stop Excel from automatically page breaking when th next cell is too large to fit on the current page? I'd prefer th entire page to be filled, even if that means a row will be continued o the next page ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com If it did that, the cells would be split across page boundaries. You may be the only person who wants that. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net -------------------------------...

Auto date

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto-Alphabetize

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

auto delete attachment
How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003. Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt Thanks, Aaron Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a program to do this. Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Aaron <kuy...

formula to stop calculating when it comes across a particular valu
I have spent hours trying to do this I now have less hair and whats left is turning grey quickly, please help Im trying to create a formula that sum,s up until it hits a particular value and then stops so for example: A B C 0 9 0 0 10 0 0 2 0 1 5 26 0 5 0 1 10 15 So in the example above I need the formula to sum up column B until it finds a numerical value of 1 in in column A so the value 26 would show in column C and the calculation would then start again from the next row. Good luck understanding this and hope you help Cheers ...

Outlook
My auot archiving is turned on and set to auto archive every 7 days. There are certain folders that do not auto archive even though all folder are set to use the default setting of 7 day. I'm not sure why some folders are not auto archiving. Please help. Archiving works on the modified date of the items, not the received or sent date. If you have accessed the item in the last 7 days, the modified date will be the date you last accessed the item and fall outside of your 7 days or older parameter. Try this - add the modified date to your folder and then sort by that date. You can see...

How do I stop opening new publications?
We're working on the literary magazine, and we took something from a floppy and put it on the first page. Then we took out the floppy, put in another one, and put that document on page two. However, it opened a whole new publication and we currently have seven new publications running. How do I stop this? PS: We honestly DO know how to run computers...just NOT Publisher. I promise. Have you tried...Insert / Page... (Ctrl+Shift+N). Also it may be a good idea to copy the files to your hard drive before importing them into Publisher. -- John Inzer "InTooDeep0604" &...

Auto fit contents
Auto fit (Row Height) works for a single column. It does not appear to work for merged culumns. Can auto fit row height be made to function for contents in merged columns ? -- Mucho Gusto Not without using VBA.. If interested see google search thread for code by Greg Wilson. Watch out for word wrap in the URL which is all one line. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/2293ac4e6373c4d3/ca1c160cbeb27874?lnk=st&q=&rnum=4#ca1c160cbeb27874 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:05:01 -0800, Una Pregunta <UnaPre...