Attempting to burn a cd

I've always used frostwire and meida player to make cd's. Today I had an
automatic update for the latest media player so I went ahead and did all the
updates it had (service pack 3 was one of them). After downloading my music i
attempted to drag them from frostwire to the media player as i've always
done. Unfortunately it is not allowing me to place any songs in the playlist
area. Can anyone help me?????

Thank you

What version of WMP and Windows?

What's the file type of these music files (MP3, WMA, WAV...)? If you try
to drag the files from their folder in Windows Explorer to the playlist,
does that work?

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

On 13/06/2010 8:32, Clueless wrote:
> I've always used frostwire and meida player to make cd's. Today I had an
> automatic update for the latest media player so I went ahead and did all the
> updates it had (service pack 3 was one of them). After downloading my music i
> attempted to drag them from frostwire to the media player as i've always
> done. Unfortunately it is not allowing me to place any songs in the playlist
> area. Can anyone help me?????
>
> Thank you
0
Tim
6/24/2010 9:02:37 PM
Hello Tim,

The files are mp3's, media player 11 and windows xp. Should i uninstall wmp
11 and but 10 back? I'm not sure by what you mean when you say draging the
files from windows explorer. I only have them saved in frostwire. Where
should I look in explorer?

"Tim De Baets" wrote:

> What version of WMP and Windows?
>
> What's the file type of these music files (MP3, WMA, WAV...)? If you try
> to drag the files from their folder in Windows Explorer to the playlist,
> does that work?
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Tim De Baets
> http://www.bm-productions.tk
>
> On 13/06/2010 8:32, Clueless wrote:
> > I've always used frostwire and meida player to make cd's. Today I had an
> > automatic update for the latest media player so I went ahead and did all the
> > updates it had (service pack 3 was one of them). After downloading my music i
> > attempted to drag them from frostwire to the media player as i've always
> > done. Unfortunately it is not allowing me to place any songs in the playlist
> > area. Can anyone help me?????
> >
> > Thank you
> .

I'm not familiar with Frostwire, so I don't know where exactly it stores
the downloaded files, but they must be on your hard drive somewhere.

You can use Windows Search to find out where they are stored: let it
search for a recognizable name in one of the MP3s, or use the query
*.mp3 to find all MP3s on your computer.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

On 27/06/2010 4:43, Clueless wrote:
> Hello Tim,
>
> The files are mp3's, media player 11 and windows xp. Should i uninstall wmp
> 11 and but 10 back? I'm not sure by what you mean when you say draging the
> files from windows explorer. I only have them saved in frostwire. Where
> should I look in explorer?
>
> "Tim De Baets" wrote:
>
>> What version of WMP and Windows?
>>
>> What's the file type of these music files (MP3, WMA, WAV...)? If you try
>> to drag the files from their folder in Windows Explorer to the playlist,
>> does that work?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> --
>> Tim De Baets
>> http://www.bm-productions.tk
>>
>> On 13/06/2010 8:32, Clueless wrote:
>>> I've always used frostwire and meida player to make cd's. Today I had an
>>> automatic update for the latest media player so I went ahead and did all the
>>> updates it had (service pack 3 was one of them). After downloading my music i
>>> attempted to drag them from frostwire to the media player as i've always
>>> done. Unfortunately it is not allowing me to place any songs in the playlist
>>> area. Can anyone help me?????
>>>
>>> Thank you
>> .

0
Tim

Attempting to burn a cd
I've always used frostwire and meida player to make cd's. Today I had an automatic update for the latest media player so I went ahead and did all the updates it had (service pack 3 was one of them). After downloading my music i attempted to drag them from frostwire to the media player as i've always done. Unfortunately it is not allowing me to place any songs in the playlist area. Can anyone help me????? Thank you What version of WMP and Windows? What's the file type of these music files (MP3, WMA, WAV...)? If you try to drag the files from their folder in W...

CRM on SBS 2003 DISASTROUS ** DO NOT ATTEMPT **
USERS BEWARE After downloading the CRM from the MSDN Universal subscribers site and attempting to install it 6 times, I have finally given up, after discovering that it does not work as advertised on SBS 2003. In fact it does not even install. In fact... worse than that it blows away a lot of SBS configuration files for sharepoint etc etc. Question: Why does the MSDN download site not say that "This product will not run on SBS 2003"? So, we thought... Maybe the Business Contact Manager will be better for us seeing as the CRM does not yet work on SBS 2003. After installing...

How to Burn AVI Video to DVD on Mac
What is AVI AVI stands for Audio Video Interleave. It is a special case of the RIFF (Resource Interchange File Format). AVI is defined by Microsoft. Audio Video Interleaved (AVI) files are a common format for compressed video clips. Files downloaded from the internet often use this format. While movies downloaded from the internet and videos recorded with digital camcorders are always AVI format, how to [url=http://www.imediacreator.com/howtoburn/burn-avi-to-dvd-on-mac.html#179][b]convert AVI to DVD mac[/b][/url] and burn AVI video to DVD disc so that you can watch AVI video and movie on a...

Error -550 attempt at resolution
We have a customer witha small network and dedicated server using SBS4.5 sp6 with Exchange 5.5 (build 2448.8 sp2) that recently had a power outage which appears to have corrupted the one of the Exchange EDB files. Some (years) ago we moved the Exchange data from C: to D: due to space limitations. Based on the error we referred to Q143235 and tried to follow the resolution. Using ESEUTIL /MH, we found the d:\exchsrvr\dsadata\diredb file to be inconsistent. We found the d:\exchsrvr\mdbdata.priv.edb file was consistent We found the d:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub.edb file to be consistent. Per the Q arti...

A Microsoft Publisher 98 CD all the coating just came away???
I work in education and by mistake i brought home the school's above CD this was on 15th October 2003 .. I went to check it as I was pasting the school on 17th when to my horror found part of the coating on the front had melted.. By gently rubbing found the rest came away... Leaving a clear ish cd just a clear blueish colour.. This CD has not been anywhere cold or hot or near any liquid as I was which my work's cd's... Any clues Larry No clue - have you tried to actually read the disk? I'd say contact MS but since it's Pub 98 it probably won't do any good. &...

CD renewals
Hi, Is there a special way that Money handles CD renewals? I have a 1 yr CD. After the 1 yr, when the CD is renewed, how do I reflect the new interest rate? Thanks, Gary Do a Renew CD transaction (similar to Reinvest Interest)--it will setup a new investment that can have new data like interest rate. "Gary44" <gary.rose8@verizon.net> wrote in message news:ameAd.12585$fe5.4974@trndny06... > Is there a special way that Money handles CD renewals? > > I have a 1 yr CD. After the 1 yr, when the CD is renewed, how do I > reflect > the new interest rate? ...

Defective CD
I have a CD, XP media content deluxe, that came with MS Publisher and has corrupt files on it. The CD will not install due to defects in Sound, Photo1, and Photo2 folders. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from WLB <WLB@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I have a CD, XP media content deluxe, that came with MS Publisher and > has corrupt files on it. The CD will not install due to defects in > Sound, Photo1, and Photo2 folders. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302822 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ww...

CRM Mobile add-on (3rd attempt posting apologies any duplicates)
Has anyone taken a look at the Mobile CRM addon that came out this month? Appreciating the fact that in my test install I DIDNT install to the default web site - which as far as I can recall may well be recommended by the training manuals - found that the Mobile CRM installation is a complete PITA if your webserver is using host headers etc? Anyway I had to set it to using Ports instead. It looks more complicated than installing MSCRM itself to me. I don't have much idea about SSL, but followed the instructions. Anyway my problem is that having run the selfssl and now trying to connect...

cant restore backup cd because it is read only
I backed up my Money 2003 data to a cd. I now have a new computer and when I try to restore my data I get a message stating that Money cannot locate the file or cannot open it possibly because it is a read only file or I do not have permission to change it or my disk drive is write protected. I tried copying the file to the hard drive, removing the read only attribute but still got the same message. I do not have access to my old computer. I need these data. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Make double sure the read only attribute has been removed, and then try: http://support.microsoft....

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

cd/dvd not working code 40
ive recently had to do a system recover,ive loaded everything that i wanted back on and everythings fine except my cd drive has decided to start playing up and being stubbon,i put the cd in and it lights up on the small window on the side but doesnt read it,instead it comes back with the message of windows has loaded the drivers but cant find the hardware device code 40,(something like that)ive tried device manager and that gives me a yellow icon next to the drive,ive also tried microsofts mr fixit but that comes back more or less saying the same thing,someone suggested i do some...

money2002 problems backing to cd by using My Documents
How do I go about backing Money 2002 to a CD? Under Tools/Options/Backup there is no option to backup to CD only floppy. There used to be one where backup document was sent directly to the drive containing my CD. (It looks to me like this problem was created by Microsoft on a recent update-one of the stupidest things I think they have ever done.) I tried going to My Documents and sending backup document to the CD. That has worked in the past but does not work now. The size of the most recent backup file is several thousand kbs smaller than files created in recent days. I am so confu...

Attempting to sort and count data
Hi there, i have 2 columns of data, 8 to 9 thousand entries per column, i woul like to filter the columns and then count the filtered cells. example: Column one is Speed (0-35 cm/sec) Column two is Direction (0-360 degrees) i would like to sort column one for all entries between 0 & 3 cm/sec and then sort column 2 for entries between 0 & 15 degrees, then i woul like to count the results and paste the number to a seperate cell i another work sheet. Note column 1 & 2 are organized by a time stamp in a seperate column. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I...

How do I copy my Outlook (Archives folder) to cd?
How do copy my Outlook archive folder to cd? I use Office XP Professional.Thanks in advance. What software do you use for copying to CDs? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, hetheone asked: | How do copy my Outlook archive folder to cd? I use Office | XP Professional.Thanks in advance. hetheone <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ...

Change login attempts before lockout
I have an issue with the user getting locked out of GP 10 after two failed login attempts even though AD is set for 3 tries. Where can I change the amount of tries the user gets before they are locked out of GP? Wes, GP performs 3 tries for login per each login transaction, you need to set your attemps to 12. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Wes VanAlstyne" wrote: > I have an issue with the user getting lock...

Uninstalling Money 2001 without CD
I'm trying to install Money 2004 on a computer that apparently had 2001 on it in the past. Money 2004 wants to uninstall 2001, but requires a CD which I no longer have. I tried to use 'add/remove program' but it also required the CD. Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks... In microsoft.public.money, Fiddy wrote: >I'm trying to install Money 2004 on a computer that apparently had 2001 on it >in the past. Money 2004 wants to uninstall 2001, but requires a CD which I >no longer have. I tried to use 'add/remove program' but it also required the >CD....

Windows Security and CD
hi, I want to ask two that what is better and what should I install, "Windows Defender" or "Windows security essential" or should I've to install the both. kindly reply on my email preferably or any other mean. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice SQL Server Stored Procedures Passing Arrays http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d066dd93-c778-4cee-8c6d-65d50b2199b3/sql-server-stored-procedu.aspx If I have Microsoft Security Essentials do I still need Windows Defender? Microsoft Security Essentials is a free download for h...

cd burner
I can not burn a cd, it is not detecting the cd burner driver. "djhomeboy" <djhomeboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBAC3603-40AE-4FE5-8662-17DC296AF178@microsoft.com... > I can not burn a cd, it is not detecting the cd burner driver. Can it read a CD, or is it completely nonfunctional? Optical drives don't have separate drivers just for writing. The ability to "burn" is provided by the burn software. If you receive an error message when you attempt to use the drive, please quote completely. ...

CD for Customizing Report
Hi, I want to create customize report in CRM 3.0. My SQL is under Windows 2000 SP4. According to HOL on report, it mentioned about VS.Net 2003. I have installed it, however i did not find the Business Intelligence Project > report project. Which CD should i installed?? Carrie you need to run the srs or sql reporting services installation. One of its options is to install the SRS development tools into visual studio ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Trying to save Publisher file to CD getting error FILE IS READ ON.
I have not saved my file as a read only and the properties box does not indicate READ ONLY however, when I try to save the file to my CD rewrite I get the error message, CANNOT SAVE FILE IS READ ONLY. I've tried saving under several different names yet the same message occurs when I try to save to CD. Other files are saving just fine to the same disk. Thanks for any suggestions! Sheri <Sheri@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have not saved my file as a read only and the properties box does > not indicate READ ONLY however, when I try to save...

Locking Passwords after 1 attempt
We use GP 9 and the system is locking users upon 1 bad password attempt. Checking Password Policy On and the Off would not reset the bad password count. Please assist on how I can return password attempts to 3 instead of 1. You must have your SQL Server Lockout Threshold set to 50 because GP logs in multiple times during the login process. See this thread (and KB article 922456) for more information: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.greatplains&mid=6947bd09-d1af-477f-a7e2-0c746beeb52c&sloc=en-us -- ...

Attempting to perform two different sorts on one worksheet. #3
Myrna, I pretty new to VBA. Most of the programming I do involves recordin macros and then finding ways to clean them up or make them universal i some fashion. But I understand the theory of your suggestions and wil try them some Saturday with two pots of coffee and some Led Zeppli playing softly in the background. Thank you very much for your help. Case -- Case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=264...

free xp CD
i think microsoft should offer free disks of old operating systems but a limited amount ...

The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt #2
Hi When sending an email to an external email account, the email gets stuck with the above error. The domain name is inchltd.co.uk. I can send ok to it via hotmail, but just not from my server. I have tried to telnet onto it, but I cant. I am running SBS2003. Hope you can help. Scott It must be a network connection issue. You can start with checking your DNS server first and see if the it can resolve the remote domain correctly. If yes, you will need to check your outbound/proxy server to see if there's any problem. "Scott Reading" <ScottReading@discussions.microsoft...

mp3 files burned onto CD become .cda's
I hope someone can help. I make mp3 audio cd's all the time. It's part of my business. Today after making the CD, using Roxio Easy CD Creator 5, my cd showed my files with the .cda extension, instead of the mp3 extension. I've been doing research all day on the .cda extension. I'm the only user of my computer and I've not changed any preferences. Why all of the sudden can I not make an mp3 audio CD? How & what can I change to stop the finished burned audio cd from showing the files with ".cda" extensions...and start showing up as mp3 or wav files...