A WMP Problem?

This problem started a few days ago.  I can't recall what I might have done.
Up to that point if I cllicked on an internet link for a movie clip either
Quick Time or WMP automatically opened and played the file.  If I downloaded
a WMV file and saved it WMP opened the file and played it whenever I clicked
on the saved file.  Now if I click on a file on a website Quick TIme works
as usual but WMP will not automatically start and open/play the file.
Instead, I get an empty page with a note in the bottom saying "done." No
video.  If I save the file it opens just fine with WMP.  The only exception
is the odd such file where a window opens and asks me if I want to open or
save it.  In those cases, WMP seems to play the video just fine.  Any
suggestions?

I am using WinXP SP3 and what I believe to be the latest version of WMP
appropriate to my system.

0
Joe

Which webbrowser are you using? If you go to WMP's Options - File Types,
make sure the wmv-item is completely checked (without any gray), and
click OK. If it's already checked, uncheck it first and click Apply,
then check it again and click OK.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

Joe McGuire wrote:
> This problem started a few days ago.  I can't recall what I might have done.
> Up to that point if I cllicked on an internet link for a movie clip either
> Quick Time or WMP automatically opened and played the file.  If I downloaded
> a WMV file and saved it WMP opened the file and played it whenever I clicked
> on the saved file.  Now if I click on a file on a website Quick TIme works
> as usual but WMP will not automatically start and open/play the file.
> Instead, I get an empty page with a note in the bottom saying "done." No
> video.  If I save the file it opens just fine with WMP.  The only exception
> is the odd such file where a window opens and asks me if I want to open or
> save it.  In those cases, WMP seems to play the video just fine.  Any
> suggestions?
>
> I am using WinXP SP3 and what I believe to be the latest version of WMP
> appropriate to my system.

0
Tim
1/3/2010 4:45:54 PM
Your suggestion worked great!  Thanks!  Browser is Firefox.

"Tim De Baets" <tdebaets@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Which webbrowser are you using? If you go to WMP's Options - File Types,
> make sure the wmv-item is completely checked (without any gray), and
> click OK. If it's already checked, uncheck it first and click Apply,
> then check it again and click OK.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Tim De Baets
> http://www.bm-productions.tk
>
> Joe McGuire wrote:
>> This problem started a few days ago.  I can't recall what I might have
>> done. Up to that point if I cllicked on an internet link for a movie clip
>> either Quick Time or WMP automatically opened and played the file.  If I
>> downloaded a WMV file and saved it WMP opened the file and played it
>> whenever I clicked on the saved file.  Now if I click on a file on a
>> website Quick TIme works as usual but WMP will not automatically start
>> and open/play the file. Instead, I get an empty page with a note in the
>> bottom saying "done." No video.  If I save the file it opens just fine
>> with WMP.  The only exception is the odd such file where a window opens
>> and asks me if I want to open or save it.  In those cases, WMP seems to
>> play the video just fine.  Any suggestions?
>>
>> I am using WinXP SP3 and what I believe to be the latest version of WMP
>> appropriate to my system.

0
Joe

Match Ranges problem ,
Hi all , and a good day I have 2 ranges , with these values : myRange1 = (ROW) A B C 1 1 2 4 2 1 3 4 3 1 3 5 myRange2 = (ROW) F G H 1 1 3 4 2 2 3 5 3 1 4 5 I need a macro to compare every cell in myRange2 - first row !! , with every cell in myRange1 - first row !! , and , if tha value of every cell in myRange2 is equal with one of the cells of the first row of myRange1 , to change the value with "QQQ" . This must to be done in every row . After checking first row of myRange2 with first row of myRange1 , to go to next row in myRange2 , and compare ...

ActiveX control problem
Sometime ago I created an OCX control in Visual Basic 6. It's basically two VB controls in one with some added features. I have been using it in a CDialog class and dropped in the dialog. It works fine on a Win98 machine but when installed on a WinXP machine the dialog is not displayed. Nothing happens! The control is registered on the XP machine. Thanks, Mark > Sometime ago I created an OCX control in Visual Basic 6. It's basically > two VB controls in one with some added features. I have been using it in > a CDialog class and dropped in the dialog. It works fine on a Win...

notice->There is a problem with this website's security certificat
I got a new Toshiba which came with Vista and IE7, I have both of the following in my trusted sites yet when I log into my work site (a DOD site) it still says the above notice, when i click on -continue (not recommended)- it goes to the site. When I'm on the site and want to check my email, I click on the email icon and get the same notice-problem with websites security, when I click on continue it just keeps reappearing and does not go to the email, even though I have the email web address in my trusted site. Can anyone tell me what I can do to stop this. (I get on to bot these si...

Pdf problem
I'm trying to print an Excel file to Acrobat Distiller or PDF writer, and I'm having a problem I haven't encountered before. I select File>Print>Entire Workbook, and it asks for a save location (as it should). I browse to me location, and click OK, then it prints the first few tabs to a pdf file, then prompts me to save again. My 42 page Excel file ends up printed to 7 or 8 different pdf files. Does the page set up have to be exactly the same for each worksheet to be able to print to one file? Thanks for any suggestions. Daniel ...

Tab Index Problem
I am trying to set the tab index values for my form controls. The problem is that even though I enter a certain value for a particular tab index, it is not saved. It seems to be automatically reassigned. I have tried starting from the end and assigning a high number to those controls so that the lower indeces are available. The tab index values for the controls throughout the form are still being reassigned though :( How can I get the index values that I assign to stay? Thanks in advance for your help. Instead of trying to set the tab index, open VIEW > TAB ORDER and drag and drop the ...

Balancing problems?
I have no problems with my other accounts. So I know I can use this software properly and balance my accounts. However, with one account the balance is always off by $7200 (in some places). The weird part is that the balance is correct in the register and matches what my bank statement says. But I look just below in the cash flow forecast and there is the $7200 discrepancy. When I balance the account, every month it wants to make a $7200 correction. If I do that, the balance in the register is now off by $7200. So even the balances shown on the same page do not match. Now if ...

Web Config problem
Hi, I have a web app that feeds off two web services. Been working for a while and hasn't had any development activity for months. Went to fire up the solution in the IDE and found it was broken. The web app could access the small web service (A logon Facility) but couldn't access the large web service (business logic) Anyway I found that the IDE had decided on a new port for running the business logic webservice. So I altered the web reference Web reference URL Property to match the new Port number and the solution worked again in the IDE. Didn't think much about i...

File in Use problem
I'm revisiting some VBS scripts that I wrote several years ago to generate resumes for me (via Word macros) and would like some guidance on a couple of errors I am getting. I'll post about the two errors separately so that each has its own thread. My VBS script is pretty simple: ======================= ' Get arguments into variables If WScript.Arguments.Count > 0 Then MsgBox "Too many arguments; expecting none." WScript.Quit End If ' Find path for MyDocuments folder Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application") Set objFolder = o...

MAPI problem
Hello, in my application, I'm using MAPI to get some messages in the mailbox. I'm using MAPIFindNext to browse mails. On a big mailbox (about 1500 messages) I have no problems with thunderbird, but with Outlook 2003 it's very slow and if I open a new application, I can't work with it because it loose focus when my app loop. here is a sample that demonstrate it: BOOL bOK = TRUE; CString cursor; while (bOK) { char result[513]; try { m_LastMAPIError=MAPIFindNext(hSession(), hparent, NULL , cursor, MAPI_LONG_MSGID, 0, result); if (m_LastMAPIError==SUC...

Windows Exploreer problem
All of a sudden I can not right click without getting an error that widnows explorer was closing. I recently installed Norton 2010 - has anyone discovered a problem with Norton? How can I address this? Thanks You can address this by uninstalling Norton and installing WSE. Remember you may have to go to the Norton site for directions on how to uninstall. "Richard" <richx@optonline.net> wrote in message news:4bd31d9c$0$22521$607ed4bc@cv.net... > All of a sudden I can not right click without getting an error that > widnows > explorer was closing. I rec...

Problem migrating Money 2000 to 2004
Hi, I've just bought Money 2004 Deluxe Edt. and I would like to migrate my money database (in MOney 2000) to the new version. But eveytime I try I receice a error that I cannot access to the database. What am I doing wrong? Can some help me? I would like to evolve to the new version. Thanks in advance for all the help. Cheers Miguel Rodrigues In microsoft.public.money, Miguel Rodrigues wrote: > >I've just bought Money 2004 Deluxe Edt. and I would like >to migrate my money database (in MOney 2000) to the new >version. > >But eveytime I try I receice a erro...

Powerpoint 2002 video clip palyback problem
I have a MPEG video clip that is in a powerpoint presentation and it plays on the laptop but when its connected to a projector on a screen all I get is a black box where the video os suppose to be. how do I slove this problem? ...

Problems with tooltips in formview
To have toptip support in my formviews I call "EnableToolTips" in "OnInitialUpdate" and add a handler "OnToolTipText" for TTN_NEEDTEXTW and TTN_NEEDTEXTA, which is identical to CFrameWnd::OnToolTipText. Works like a charme. However I notice, that in some formviews not all controls show tooltips that should do. It happens, that in one formview, some of the controls with string table entries show tooltips, while other controls (also with string table entries) do not. It also happens, that some controls (with string table entries) show tooltips in one formview,...

Problem with connection ODBC
I have some Sheets of Ms- excel that they use one logon ODBC in order to extract data from As-400. I would want to change the selection of the data source selected a new one without having to reconstruct all the pivot tables ...

Outlook2003 problems.
I have OL2003 on both a laptop and office machine at home. OL is set identically on both machines and the email accounts (Two) are set the same as well. my problem is that my office machine will not send onto one account. the laptop sends fine. could it be a setting in Norton? Also last weekend we seem to have lost 6/7 mails from customers who claim to have mailed orders and not recieved any bounce back but we also recieved no emails. is this normal it was with two isp's. ...

Microsoft CRM Installation Problem Please Help
After installing Microsoft CRM 4.0 I tried accessing default.aspx and I get the following error. Please help!!! Error Description: CrmKey With Id = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Does Not Exist Error Details: CrmKey With Id = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Does Not Exist Full Stack: [CrmConfigObjectNotFoundException: CrmKey With Id = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Does Not Exist] at Microsoft.Crm.CrmKey.LoadExistingKey(Guid crmKeyId) at Microsoft.Crm.CrmKey..ctor(Guid crmKeyId, Boolean useCachedValues) at Microsoft.Crm.CrmKey.LoadKey(Guid keyId, Boolean useCachedV...

OMA problem #5
Hi all We are currently trying to connect a couple of users Nokia 6230i to exchange just to check their mail. When they login through either pc to test or the mobile the get the following error message Your user account has not been enabled for wireless access. Please contact your system administrator for additional assistance We have checked in AD and the accout is enabled for oma. W2k3 server with exhcnage w2k3 sp2. Can anyone shed some light on this Cheers Glenn Hi, You've taken the primary domain SMTP suffix address of these users. For OMA to work succesfully, a user _must_ ...

WMP and jscript
How can I, using jscript, retrieve the name of the data-stream or file that WMP is playing at the moment? My goal is to post the name in a specialized text log, which will have have "xxxx is playing at mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss" entries for each time a sample is taken from WMP. If this can't be done in jscript, perhaps vbscript? Or some other "batch" language? Your thoughts appreciated! Thanks. ....Charlie You can do this using the WMP Object Model, which is documented at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd564679%28VS.85%29.aspx The sections regardi...

Money problems
My copy of "money" was upgraded to 2005 Delux edition in 2005. Las year I purchased the 2007 edition whioch stated that "data on previous editions would automatically be converted: but attempts then .and again now result in a message to the effect that it could not install data from pevious editions. Due to lack of capacity on my old computer I have purchase a new one and as I no longer have the 2005 installation disk I intended to add the old hard drive on the new machine. Unfortunately the New machine runs on "vista" and is incompatable with the XP system....

LoadBarState problem
I am running an application from the command line. It runs OK but when it has finished I want it to restore to it's normal position to display the results. The function below fails in LoadBarState. Tracing into LoadBarState I find that the problem is that m_listControlBars in GetControlBar does not exist. The same code works OK when it is called during initialization from CMainFrame::OnCreate but it fails when called from CEasyNNDoc::ShowWindow, the function below. Any ideas? Steve BOOL CEasyNNDoc::ShowWindow(CString strParams) { int nIndex = 0, nLength = strParams.GetLength(); CStr...

Mail problem
I can't seem to change my explore mail. In the interenet tools it gives me the choice of hotmail or live, one or the other,I want neither. I want it to just use my yahoo mail. Why won't it let me chose? "kanuck" <kanuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA84B4CE-E85C-4C36-936E-D8C2566D7F5F@microsoft.com... >I can't seem to change my explore mail. In the interenet tools it gives me > the choice of hotmail or live, one or the other,I want neither. I want it to > just use my yahoo mail. Why won't it let me chose? "Explor...

Problem when registering OCX
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C3EA6F.B5037D00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a problem that occurs when building an ActiveX OCX that uses MFC. = What happens is that after the OCX is linked, VS.NET 2003 attempts to = register the OCX via regsvr32 and fails with a very unhelpful message = stating... Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing = registration" An important thing to note is that this ONLY happens when statically = linki...

Error:"problem with messaging interface"
I am trying to add a contact to Outlook. It won't save it. When I try to save, I get a message: Problem with Messaging Interface. If this happens again, restart Outlook. I restarted outlook without saving, same thing happened again. What is causing the error and how do I fix it? I don't use outlook for email. Just for contacts and sync with my blackberry (which I also don't use for email). Did Outlook ever work as it should? If so, can you think of anything that changed before you started encountering this problem? There are countless causes for it so it&...

deleting a macro resulted in a problem #2
I'm a beginner with excel macro. I tried to write a macro and soon I found I couldn't finish it so I just determined to delete it to get out. Then when I open the file, a message poped up, reading that there is a macro in this file, you can cancel, start it,blah,blah. As I've deleted the macro and I am sure there is no other macros in this file, I am confused. I tried to cancel and start the macro, it said "module unfound" under both options and the file couldn't be opened. As this file contained some important info for me, can someone offer some help? Thanks, Militan...

Movie info in WMP
I use WMP 11 to stream movies from my PC to the XBox 360 on my TV. Movies that stream from Netflix, Zune, etc. have an area that provides a description of the movie, actors, etc. I also rip DVD's from my home collection to a media library on my PC and stream those to the XBox. Videos being streamed from my home PC also have an area for a description of the movie, but it is obviously blank. I would like to be able to add info here so that it is available when browsing through these movies, but have not been able to figure out how to add any such information. One suggestion w...